View Full Version : I'd like to introduce you all to.... *LONG READ*

Ebalere
11-06-2011, 02:22 PM
MY TRIO OF 36'S!

I'd like to thank everyone that helped me along this enjoyable journey. I'd also like to touch on a few things I noticed as I leveled all the classes.

1. I am an attack focused player. All classes were a high damage, high crit DPS build, while still keeping true to the class description.

2. While I love my operative, I had an absolute blast leveling my commando. Singularity in Shipyard 2 is an absolute joy. I refuse to wear the 35 commando gear in town though, as I'm not a fan of the furry diaper, and the "there's gotta be something wrong with that guy" hat.

3. Best gear award goes to either custom Operative (female), or Custom Engi (male). I liked having Chaos rockin the horns and pitchfork with 666 armor.

4. Out of all three helms, I prefer the Operative one. The Engi one is cool, but the helmet (not the galaxy/stars part on the visor) doesnt match anything really.

5. If it wasn't for my guild, I would have never been able to have stims on my Operative, as you go through them like crazy, and unless you luck out and get some good drops, you'll be downing em like mad. The one shot kill's were very annoying, and I found it near impossible not to die at least a few times with my 170 DPS spec Op, he just couldn't hide from the aggro if he used his skills too quickly.

6. I met alot of people along the way, and was booted just as much from games while wearing my SG badge as when I didn't. This was nice to see as I appreciate not getting special treatment. I also got harrassed by alot of trolls along the way. In retrospect I wish I reported a few more but I couldn't be bothered, I just hit the mute button.

7. I spent roughly 1300 Plat on 3x and a few 4x enhancers getting 4 toons to 35, and 3 of them to 36.

8. I bought my Bladetech Coat at 90k, 2 days later it was 45k and been dropping steadily since. This was no surprise, as I just wanted to be one of the first with custom set, which I was close to doing but the dang Bladetech Coat evaded me for a few days. I promise myself next cap to wait till the initial surge in prices goes down.

9. I really enjoyed the hostage quest, and like how it wiped alot of PUG teams that were uncoordinated. I would like to see more of this in the future, things that require communication and teamwork. This quest probably took more lives than any quest to date. I loved it.

10. My guild, KoC, underwent a HUGE transformation during this time. We cut our members down to less than 100, and still managed to stay on leaderboards. (although leaderboards have never been a big deal to us, maybe when they first came out.) Our officers dropped from about 35 to just over 10. We have become closer than ever and would like to wish best of luck to all those that left us, got kicked, or didn't meet our new requirements.

11. I did the whole grind to 36 on my commando on Google Chrome, and have become so proficient with it that it's impossible to tell which OS I'm using. This was achieved with a PC gamepad similar to a PS3 controller.

12. Each grind from 35-36 I did in 2 days or less, Commando grind I did in one 20 hour period, taking breaks to eat, rest my eyes, and managed about 5 hours sleep in that time.

13. I WILL have plat for the start of next cap, this time killed me having to wait a weeks to get paid -_-

14. Cappinclutch, you invited me to probably 500 RCD runs, and I ignored 496 of them, but now that the grinding is done, "Whenever you call meeee, I'll be theeeerreee" lol I plan on farming M.F. until I have top gear for all toons.

15. I got to meet JSL. (well sorta, he was getting stacked on and I said hello and welcome and gave him a wave, lol) I think we should get John Stamos vanity hair for xmas. j/k. ok so I'm serious.

16. Chrome is loooads easier on the eyes. I can't focus on anything these days if I stare at my phone for more than an hour or so. This leads me to another thread topic, Should STS make more aggressive device requirements for their games, encouraging clear graphics and larger screens, thus allowing them to either A, keep graphics and such the same, but allowing more players in a run, larger maps, larger bosses, maybe even a physics engine, or B, take SL and the others to a new level with ground level camera option, better details, textures, etc.. or a bit of both.

17. While grinding away on my PS3 wannabe controller, I wondered why, if STS is in cahoots with Sony, ala XPERIA PLAY, why is Star Legends not on the Playstation Network, and why are we not buying plat with PSN cards? Why are we not playing SL simultaneously on Playstations, PSPs, and Experias? If Plants Vs. Zombies can get front page on the Playstation store, I'm darn sure SL could too. Not every kid can afford a cellphone bill, more kids can get a Playstation for their birthday or what have you. I just think it's a good idea..

18. If you do set up a game pad to play, make sure you save yourself some buttons to map out for opening things, backing out of menu, and stims. Also, instead of mapping "a" and "d" as your left and right, try mapping "q" and "e". I found this made my toon way easier to control and the camera stays behind you at all times while running and turning. It also saved my two buttons to assign stims and energy too.

19. My girlfriend was almost at the end of her rope by the time I finished Chaos, lol.

20. I can't wait to find out what's next from STS! Overall a great campaign and I enjoyed every part of it's originality. I do hope they continue to explore with the new sets, these ones were all very creative and amusing. I didn't like the plat suit for Engi, lol.. we allll know what it looks like. Very weird color choices. Operative reminded me of Ratchet from Ratchet n' Clank, but once you get the plat dual pistols and the Arbiter's Helm, OOOHHHHWEEE!

This turned into quite a list, kind of unintended. Guess I got carried away, thinking back through all of this I had a total blast with my guildies. Thanks again STS. NOW BRING ON DA PEE VEE PEEEE!!!! :congratulatory::highly_amused::eagerness::banana: :banana:

javier995
11-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Grats!

Rodvik
11-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Gratz! Now lvl me to 36! keke

Silentarrow
Grats Ebalere! I still have 48k xp to go :)!

Ebalere
thanks Jav too bad we didn't bump into each other more along the way

Thanks Silent!

MAYBE IF I EVER SAW YA! I keep looking for an Op in Custom Chroma :'(

Rodvik
11-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Lol, I like playing engineer alot more, don't get as bored. Plus been busy like you with RL stuff and BF3.

Kakatoa91
11-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Ah eba... putting a lot if time in the game.
U need to rest a bit lol.

Pee vee pee would bee nice indeed.
Kinda weird to pvp in PL to fill my need lol.

:)

Ebalere
11-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Ah eba... putting a lot if time in the game.
U need to rest a bit lol.

Pee vee pee would bee nice indeed.
Kinda weird to pvp in PL to fill my need lol.

:)

Indeed I am. I might be addicted D: Keeps me out of trouble I suppose.

Carth
11-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Gratz, Ebalere! Sounds like you had a blast!

EDIT: Hehehe... put sounded instead of sounds. :p

Drues
11-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Wow great job eba!:)
I wish I could have helped out more but was busy:(
Once again congratulations on the big accomplishment:)

Epic Unicorns!
11-06-2011, 02:53 PM
I like how I'm not even past 26...you should help me sometime ;P

Ebalere
11-06-2011, 02:55 PM
I like how I'm not even past 26...you should help me sometime ;P

lol, you should come online some time

Olz
11-06-2011, 02:57 PM
:O how??? I haven't even got one to it yet! HOW???

Lol

javier995
11-06-2011, 03:09 PM
thanks Jav too bad we didn't bump into each other more along the way

Thanks Silent!

MAYBE IF I EVER SAW YA! I keep looking for an Op in Custom Chroma :'(

I know I've been extremely busy these past two weeks. Rarely on SL now:/

areaisbest
11-06-2011, 03:14 PM
I am a lvl 17 I have a long way to go...

Bakoffmycandy
11-06-2011, 03:33 PM
LoL big grats EB! My girlfriend has been pretty pissed too LMAO! We had SY 2 down pretty fast on any class. Ops level the fastest imo, but I was in the same boat with my Comm. Had so much fun with her that I ended up going 36 with her 1rst. Chrome is way easier on the Eyes & the game pad is the only way to go! Wish I had a controller for my 1rst 2 36's lol. We did go through a big cut, all though a lot of good friends parted ways, KOC has always been Home for me.

PS : My x3 36 helms look cooler than yours, nana nana booboo :o

themars
11-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Gratz bro eba!!! Im still 33 I think.
Will be online to celebrate.
Omg... That's a lot of plat ...

CanonicalKoi
11-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Whoa! Biggest congrats, Eb! And let me know what gear you're still lacking and if I get it, I'll hang onto it for you. :) I'm at two down-one to go still. :/

Lady_Pebbles
11-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Congrats! I need to grind more but I've been sick and busy lately so I couldn't grind as much as I wanted to. XD

Ebalere
11-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Whoa! Biggest congrats, Eb! And let me know what gear you're still lacking and if I get it, I'll hang onto it for you. :) I'm at two down-one to go still. :/

Well, basically on the hunt for chest, helm, and back for both Engi and Commando. The gear Chaos is wearing is a guildmates lol. I would feel bad accepting any gear for a lowly alt, but if you insist! LoL!

Handsofmyvodka
11-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Congratulations! I'm lvl 4 and lvl 15 I'm never gonna get my helm lol

CanonicalKoi
11-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Well, basically on the hunt for chest, helm, and back for both Engi and Commando. The gear Chaos is wearing is a guildmates lol. I would feel bad accepting any gear for a lowly alt, but if you insist! LoL!

Consider your arm twisted. :) I shall see what I can come up with.

thequickone
11-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Congratulations, Eb!! That's quite an accomplishment. I've decided to grind my way to 36 on Faebronia only. I don't like the thought of missing the Op and Comm L36 vanity helms, but just don't have that kind of time lately. If the next episode of Shipyard does not come with a level cap raise, which I highly doubt, I will reconsider. Again, way to go! Now take a well-deserved rest. Wait, why are you staring at your last alt like that... ;)

Kahlua
11-06-2011, 05:52 PM
14. Cappinclutch, you invited me to probably 500 RCD runs, and I ignored 496 of them, but now that the grinding is done, "Whenever you call meeee, I'll be theeeerreee" lol I plan on farming M.F. until I have top gear for all toons.

LOL!! So true!

Cahaun
11-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Everyone who wants SL on the PS3 say "I" !

Cero
11-06-2011, 07:45 PM
oh my. You managed to level your toons to Elite and high levels.Cool. I only did one out of 3.lol

One thing that is, you seems to be proud and enjoyed leveling them.(a thumbs a with a shake) . Cya IG.

edit: back to default color:P

DJSKRILLEX
11-07-2011, 06:45 AM
congrats!

BodMaster
11-07-2011, 07:24 AM
LOL!! So true!

Gratz buddy! was fun doing runs with you along the way :D

Got some RL issues to deal with atm but im def gona get all to 36 ;) (Hopefully before all the players I group together finish with their levelling lol :p

Zaltiar
11-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Gratz ebalere! Glad to have at least done one or two runs with ya haha :),

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Skeletonlord
11-07-2011, 11:13 AM
congratz im still 32