PDA

View Full Version : OCD's ruin lives

ninjaduck
11-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Hi guys. I was found to have Trichotillomania and Kleptomania. they are completely ruining my life. The trichotillomania (look it up) makes me look weird, and the Klepto is making ppl think im dishonest. Im not sure at all what to do, my parents have noticed the effects, and so has everyone else basically. Although i dont want to ruin my reputation, i must admit i have come sooo close to scamming people, and i do it out of like a trance state. I dont know why im posting this on a forum meant for MMO discussions. the people said the OCDs came from stress, which is true. Just about everything is messed up at the moment ;__;

ninjaduck
11-06-2011, 05:38 PM
ugh i feel lonely :'(

Conradin
11-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Its ok- where he for you on the forums. If ya ever need to talk just tell me. Heres a forum where people talk about their OCDs and try to help eachother. http://www.stuckinadoorway.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7 Hope this helps. =)

Sassinya
11-06-2011, 06:11 PM
I understand OCD's as well. I live with a compulsive cleaner. My husband literally has to clean up the house, car or his work environment all the time. He can't help it. Bless his heart, he tried once to leave crumbs on kitchen counter got over a mile from home and had to go back and fix it. He's getting more and more compulsive with age. He's finally asked his doctor for help. The forum link above is one of his resources. That and therapy, a little medication and support. Shoot me a PM if you ever wanna talk, I'll listen :-)

Edit: spelling

ninjaduck
11-06-2011, 06:25 PM
thanks. ive had trichotillomania since i was 11 and i have no eyelashes, and very little eyebrows. i cant really see a Doc because my parents are very unfair to me in this situation. my mom thinks i have some sorta vitamin deficiency (not true) and my dad denys everything.

@sassinya i also had a bad experience when my house got burgled, and i used to wake up in the middle of the night and check the locks. it was horrible! then i moved to britain and we had a burgler alarm installed and i was fine.

@conradin thanks so much for the site its fantastic!

Zeus
11-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Trust me, having kleptomania is really hard! I had it too, even now I sometimes have difficulty controlling it. What I suggest is, try returning the items after the need to steal wears off.

Man, I remember from my days as a young kid, it was so hard to put that under control. I was temporarily banned from quite a few stores...

Also, do you take stuff you had a use for or no? You said you don't realize you do it, which fits the description of Kleptomania, but I just want to make sure.

I remember from way back, the stuff I stole were stuff I already had. >.<

ninjaduck
11-07-2011, 11:19 AM
I remember from way back, the stuff I stole were stuff I already had. >.<

thanks! :) as a matter of fact come to think of it this is actually true about me! i guess while im doing it i feel having two is better than one. i wish i would grow out of it sooner because its serious :( most people think its a joke/myth but you only realise you have it once your in Trouble :(

oh yeah i do tend to try to take stuff i can use. i just hate when im in the act i always have an elaborate plan to go with it. :(