PDA

View Full Version : wand+bracer or staffs?

Jetshrike
04-15-2010, 05:53 AM
I am currently using a wand and a bracer. I am the only enchantress Ive seen using them. What weapon would you chose?

Jamie
04-15-2010, 08:29 AM
I'm using a wand and bracer too, It has nice speed and high damage but lacks the AOE effect of a fire staff which is quite annoying. A staff would probably be better seeing as enemies all bunch together meaning the AOE fire damage would kill enemies faster

Psiorian
04-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Staves have aoe damage? I haven't noticed this when I've played single player shooting against some mobs, only one damage number appears.

I like wand+bracer because I can tank and survive when I AoE

KronicDecay
04-15-2010, 12:15 PM
A little off topic but does the type of staff/wand make a dif in terms of fire, ice, lightning? Or do elemental attacks have no real difference in damage "yet"?

pbfreek
04-15-2010, 02:37 PM
I think a staff would be the overall better choice for now. While combined the wand and bracer have pretty nice stats, but your damage falls significantly compared to using a staff.

Azrael
04-15-2010, 03:43 PM
I think a staff would be the overall better choice for now. While combined the wand and bracer have pretty nice stats, but your damage falls significantly compared to using a staff.

you just don't know about "IT", but thats ok :/

Jetshrike
04-15-2010, 04:51 PM
I personaly disagree as I get a whopping 24 armor from my fire wand and 9 from my bracer and when this is suplemented with my other armor it means I am much more durable than I should be. Moreover I don't lose that much damage and my dps went up and it balanced out my stats. Although with a higher level staff I guess it might make more of a difference.

pbfreek
04-15-2010, 06:08 PM
you just don't know about "IT", but thats ok :/

Please do tell! What's "IT"? Isn't that the weird Stephen King book/movie?

SlipperyJim
04-19-2010, 08:41 AM
I have a lvl 24 Enchantress who uses a frost wand and a bracer. I lose some base damage compared to a staff, but the faster rate-of-fire for the wand makes up for some of the loss. And I gain a lot of survivablility.

Bosses still kill me in one hit, though.... :o

Pixxie
04-19-2010, 08:44 AM
Dagger + Bracer :)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?614-REVELATION-Golden-Dagger-48-Dex-66-DPS!-Best-enchantress-combination-ever!

Xanthia
04-19-2010, 10:52 AM
I do not think you are being descriptive enough, is this for an all healing Enchantress or a DPS one? and what combination would you use for each?

Ihealudps
04-19-2010, 12:40 PM
Healing enchantress I use m/s 1h and bracer. Sure it's less damage and no AoE but you gain an extra m/s and maybe a little more int. And let's face it, if anyone has ever grouped with me, I rarely attack anything. DPS enchantress should go staff because of the aoe damage it gives. Less stats but more power

Felora
04-19-2010, 09:09 PM
1H wands have been nerfed. I am forced to go back to my Legendary Staff which is still weak... Unless they increase the duration of magic shield...

Violentsaint
04-21-2010, 07:43 AM
i like a big old staff over a wand anyday

wands remind me to much of harry potter >.< *shivers down spine*

Crunchwrap
06-04-2010, 11:00 AM
definitely wand+bracer, as an enchantress it is your main focus to debuff enemies, buff party members, and most especially heal! i'm sick and tired of seeing enchantresses running around letting their party members spam health pots left and right because "i have no heal, sry." there's a reason the wand has a much lower damage compared to staffs, it's so you don't go pulling aggro and dying in a second...the bracer's stats and defense also doubles as a plus for survivability. besides, even if you have a staff you won't deal nearly the same amount of damage as a warrior or archer.

Edatx
06-04-2010, 11:06 AM
I do not think you are being descriptive enough, is this for an all healing Enchantress or a DPS one? and what combination would you use for each?

Hrm, is there really a difference yet? I think my enchantress is both Healing and DPS.

I think lower levels staff is better, when you get to 35, wand and bracer(voodoo doll) is better.