PDA

View Full Version : Star Legends Halloween Haiku Contest RESULTS! Thank You Everyone!

Rodvik
11-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Star Legends Halloween Haiku Contest RESULTS!

I would first like to start off by thanking everyone who participated in the contest. The whole purpose of me hosting the contest was to bring the community a little closer together and I fully feel I achieved this goal. We had a lot of new players signup specifically to join us on this extravaganza and the participation in the contest was more than I could have ever expected. The contest had over 5200 views and over 60+ entries, which is 120+ haikus! That is why it took almost a week to narrow down the finalists.

Secondly I would like to thank those who donated to help make the rewards of the contest a little more appealing and their time to help judge the contest.

Thank You To The Following People:

The STS Dev Team
CanonicalKoi
Ebalere

If you see them in game or on the forums, throw them a "Thanks" or two..=)

Now the moment you all have been waiting for THE RESULTS!

1st Place - With the reward of 55,000 credits and 40 Platinum goes to:

Xaevia

"Happy" Halloween?
Well, don't be so sure, my dear.
McGuirk's at your door.

2nd Place - With the reward of 35,000 credits and 30 Platinum goes to:

Xwhirlz of <BEO>

Ghosts on Star Legends
I feel a chill in my suit
I think I just pee'd

3rd Place - With the reward of 25,000 credits and 20 Platinum goes to:

Deathpunch of <Knights of Cydonia>

Passing through the floor,
My Engi is now a ghost.
ARGH! Disconnected!

4th Place - With the reward of 15,000 credits and 10 Platinum goes to:

Windwolve

Rivers of black tears
Shrouding the Nexus in fear
But hey, there's candy!

*WINNER'S NOTE* To claim your prize please contact me in game, "Rodvik", under the IGN you provided, I've already sent a friend request to the finalists. Also for your Platinum Reward please give the STS Team some time to credit your account. They are busy and I have sent the results to them so be patient.

And there are your 4 Finalists! Once again THANK YOU To Everyone who participated. I hope you all had fun because that's what I was aiming for and be on the look out for more future contests. :welcoming:

Thanks,
-Rodvik

BodMaster
11-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Congratulations to the four of you! Great entries :D

And good job to all that entered seen some cracking entries must of been hard to choose the winners :)

javier995
11-06-2011, 10:38 PM
Grats!

Handsofmyvodka
11-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Congratz guys!

CanonicalKoi
11-06-2011, 11:06 PM
Congrats, guys! And yes, Bod, it was really hard narrowing it down because there so many great entries. And big kudos to Rodvik--you, my friend did a great job!

Kakatoa91
11-07-2011, 01:42 AM
Gratz on this successful event.
Well done to all who have participated and more to the finalists!

:)

Skeletonlord
11-07-2011, 01:50 AM
I wasn't sure what this contest was about.

Olz
11-07-2011, 02:21 AM
Congrats guys.

Will you be doing this again?

Slant
11-07-2011, 02:34 AM
gz to the winners, those are some really good entries

DJSKRILLEX
11-07-2011, 06:39 AM
congrats guys.

Unmillione
11-07-2011, 06:48 AM
Congratulations! Great job everyone!

Handsofmyvodka
11-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Lol

CanonicalKoi
11-07-2011, 11:02 AM
I wasn't sure what this contest was about.

It's the winner's list from the contest here, (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?39642-Star-Legends-Halloween-Haiku-Contest!) Skel.

thequickone
11-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Congrats to all the winners! Kudos to Rodvik for setting up the contest and to Canon, Eb, and the STS team for their contributions. I just love the atmosphere here! :)

Samhayne
11-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Congratulations!

Platinum prizes have been granted.

Kahlua
11-07-2011, 02:30 PM
aww :( I thought my Auctioneer Preston one was funny :p

Ayc2000
11-07-2011, 07:29 PM
gratzzz! there are some good poets out there in this community :)

kiffnshey
11-08-2011, 03:14 AM
Well done to all winners

Xaevia
11-09-2011, 08:38 PM
OHMYRIVET! Thank you so much, Rodvik. :o

Thank you as well to the STS dev team and the judges. :o

And as much as you caused me many, many times to respawn at the entrance, this wouldn't have been possible without you, McGuirk. I, however, have the last laugh. Mwahahahappy halloween, everyone! :mask: :o

Rodvik
11-10-2011, 12:10 AM
Xaevia, been trying to catch you online, and no luck! Private Message me a time that's good for you, and ill join to give you your prize..lol

Cascade
11-10-2011, 12:17 AM
Gratz to everyone!

Sassinya
11-10-2011, 12:49 AM
Gratz!!

Deathpunch
11-10-2011, 04:11 AM
Wow! I won something! Sweet! Thanks to all and gratz to the others who won!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Rodvik
11-11-2011, 01:46 AM
if anyone knows Xwhirlz or Windwolve, please tell them to contact me so I can give them their prizes! Thanks!

Deathpunch
11-13-2011, 05:48 PM
Hey, rodvik, are you going in game tonight? If so, what time so we can meet up. If not, can I get a timeframe as to when you might?

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Ebalere
11-19-2011, 12:05 PM
aww :( I thought my Auctioneer Preston one was funny :p

It was a winner in my mind, but unfortunately had nothing to do with Halloween :(

Kahlua
11-19-2011, 01:44 PM
It was a winner in my mind, but unfortunately had nothing to do with Halloween :(
ahh he edited the original post so the rules aren't there anymore, but the original rules said it had to be SL themed, and an example was to do it about things like death and space and such (killing auctioneer preston). Trust me I read the rules many times. Never said it had to be 100% Halloween themed, just was that it was taking place at the time around Halloween, but whatever. Next time I hope this is specified.

Also liked my other one about Schizophrenia and Halloween...dunno if people just didn't understand it or if it wasn't that good :(

EDIT: Found it, forgot this was only the results:

"4) The haiku should be about Star Legends. It also should be themed around Halloween (Death, Ghosts, Candy, etc.) The tone you set is up to you, comedic, sad, angry, etc. Have fun with it and be creative!"

Should be about Star Legends. Should be themed around halloween (DEATH.) Dunno, thought that was covered. Maybe I'm just being a poor sport :(

Rodvik
11-19-2011, 03:47 PM
ahh he edited the original post so the rules aren't there anymore, but the original rules said it had to be SL themed, and an example was to do it about things like death and space and such (killing auctioneer preston). Trust me I read the rules many times. Never said it had to be 100% Halloween themed, just was that it was taking place at the time around Halloween, but whatever. Next time I hope this is specified.

Also liked my other one about Schizophrenia and Halloween...dunno if people just didn't understand it or if it wasn't that good :(

EDIT: Found it, forgot this was only the results:

"4) The haiku should be about Star Legends. It also should be themed around Halloween (Death, Ghosts, Candy, etc.) The tone you set is up to you, comedic, sad, angry, etc. Have fun with it and be creative!"

Should be about Star Legends. Should be themed around halloween (DEATH.) Dunno, thought that was covered. Maybe I'm just being a poor sport :(

Your entry was not disqualified or overlooked, due to it not being Halloween. It was actually allowed because I did consider the "death" theme. Ironically I thought the judging would be harder but all 3 judges had similar tastes when it came to the finalists. Out of the 3 judges, the 4 finalist appeared at least twice in each of the judges final results. The judging was anonymous also, all names/guild names were removed and I replaced EVERYONE with a random number. So when I asked the judges to judge, I asked them to give me the # and the haiku that corresponded with that #. I tried making it as fair as possible and remove a possible biased panel, so sorry you did not end up winning. Granted you did have a very nice and funny haiku.