PDA

View Full Version : Yes? No? Maybe? (endgame pvp tournament)

Terrorshock1
03-07-2018, 08:55 PM
Since devs dropped the community letter stating they will double down on
Arcane legends now i think its the right time for devs to host a pvp tournament

I think most of the pvp community will love that(not tryna speak for the whole pvp community just my thoughts)

I suggest ctf tournament this will revive ctf encourage old players to return i believe now is a good time since gear is mostly somewhat accessible

We haven't had one since 2014

Give us something to compete for pvp wise
Thoughts? Feedback?

Keep this thread drama free thx ^^

Sent from my P00A using Tapatalk

Lore
03-07-2018, 11:59 PM
Only with awakens, speedsets and tainted/endless sets bonuses disabled.
Otherwise it will be a tournament of "which rogue has better ping".

Neutrone
03-08-2018, 12:05 AM
Ohoho make it a common gear tournament.

wowdah
03-08-2018, 04:05 AM
yeah if awakenings are disabled would be cool.

Krystalteam
03-08-2018, 09:46 AM
yeah if awakenings are disabled would be cool.

Looking at awakened gear: omae wa mou, shindeiru (you're all dead)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xxsoifongxx
03-08-2018, 10:31 AM
Why people complaining about speed sets and awakening and all, they want old stuff back and when sts don’t make new content they complain for new, and I’ve never hear the pro player complain about speed sets or awakenings just the ones that’s new or just join sometimes

Thewolfbull
03-08-2018, 10:34 AM
Why people complaining about speed sets and awakening and all, they want old stuff back and when sts don’t make new content they complain for new, and I’ve never hear the pro player complain about speed sets or awakenings just the ones that’s new or just join sometimes

Idk how anyone can hate speedset it's the best thing ingame for me :)

Motherless_Child
03-08-2018, 10:50 AM
Idk how anyone can hate speedset it's the best thing ingame for me :)

We dont hate em, just can't afford them....... Too expensive because it's more of a luxury item, meaning that you have to be well set in other areas (in terms of gear), :greedy_dollars:

1 thing about them that is annoying is when people are just uncontrollably running all over the map with those things...... Some people know how to effectively use them and are really good in maps but, some people just drive you nuts.... LOL.......

I have a DIY speed set (LOL).... A bunch of legendary and epic crap, grimm pet (+ %10 speed) and speed elixir (+ %25, 30 mins).... %69 speed total (%0 gold loot :hypnotysed:).... LOL....... I can run graveyard in it but, that's about it..... LOL.......

Terrorshock1
03-10-2018, 09:59 AM
Bump bump
/11chars

marsu4u
03-10-2018, 01:39 PM
Since devs dropped the community letter stating they will double down on
Arcane legends now i think its the right time for devs to host a pvp tournament

I think most of the pvp community will love that(not tryna speak for the whole pvp community just my thoughts)

I suggest ctf tournament this will revive ctf encourage old players to return i believe now is a good time since gear is mostly somewhat accessible

We haven't had one since 2014

Give us something to compete for pvp wise
Thoughts? Feedback?

Keep this thread drama free thx ^^

I could do this on my channel if it takes off ^_^

WilliamTheFighter
03-11-2018, 04:30 AM
People spend millions n millions to get maxed geared (awakens included) no sense make a tournament without them. As the word suggests a tournament should be a competition..where at the end should win the best one..if you have not maxed items/skills then just dont participate if your goal is just to win. But dont ask to not include those features, (awakens, speed set..). It wouldnt be fair towards people who spent everything for it.

+1 for the tournament ofc.

-Will

Inviato dal mio SM-J510FN utilizzando Tapatalk

Zeus
03-11-2018, 11:34 AM
You’re free to host your own tournament - I don’t think there’s any rules against it.

Rspy
03-11-2018, 12:06 PM
well i hope there will be a pvp tour asap ,honestly i dont' know what pvp tour should be but i think 200% speed will make feel something missing ,maybe it is the feeling of fighting nd everybody also know that 200 is overvalued especially for pvp. i m a speed set user too , very fun to did quest ,event ,farm gold .but let's think again it is pvp it is about experience ,ability or skill, power, etc. we can tolerate about the power of player that depends on how much money you spend because it is mmorpg game that is not only about pvp, then for all awaken item is looks balance,because you can get overpower awaken with normal price on auction. looks fine to be able on pvp . but speed set 200% should be disable , think again guys ss 200% is for pve not pvp . thanks

Telgu
03-11-2018, 11:33 PM
Sts should make it like before tournaments 2 years ago, everyone gets given the same max gear set , and only skills will prove the best.

Terrorshock1
03-12-2018, 11:31 AM
Bump bump ^^
No shifty eyes?

Perceval
03-14-2018, 06:03 AM
I was thinking, there is actually a pretty easy solution for the huge gap awakenings have created in PvP:

Applying a cap on specific stats in PvP

Basically, each class will have a maximum threshold of specific stats in PvP, which cannot be surpassed. E.g.:

Maximum warrior threshold:
~10k hp
~8k armor
~2.5k damage

Maximum mage threshold:
~8k hp
~3.5k armor
~3k damage

Maximum rogue threshold:
~7k hp
~5k armor
~4k damage

To break it down even further. If a rogue was to enter PvP with ~8k armor, their armor would automatically be cut down to 5k. Therefore, there is no purpose in awakening beyond the threshold values. This doesn't undermine using awakenings for PvP because e.g. as a rogue that has hit the threshold, you could still increase your crit, dodge and mana capabilities etc. Ideally, it allows for a more tactical outlook to PvP awakenings, while not dismissing the system altogether.

These are clearly approximate values and maybe it'll help if a dev created a discussion thread which we can all share our opinions as to what the real values would be.