PDA

View Full Version : No update on ios (compensation)

Paw
03-08-2018, 10:19 PM
As its been hours and hours and still no update i think its come to a stage where this event is totaly unfair to us IOS users. Yes we can run extra harder to make up the 50k+ points we will be lagging behind but why should we and how is it fair?

Also the vanities and everything related to these events rapidly decline in value after the first few hours. We have also missed out on this. In every way we lose out.

I see how you are holding a stance that its not your fault. I disagree. should have waited for approval before starting this event. Sorry if i come across as negative but i cant see no positives in this situation for me unless you tell me otherwise. Thank you

Korabiv
03-08-2018, 10:59 PM
Sts has 3 choices:

1. Do a server roll back and restart the event.
or
2. Give some form of compensation to ios players.
or
3. Do nothing.

Option 1 is "fair" to the ios players who have lost alot of time and gold from event. However, its unfair to pc and android people who have spent time and gold on this event.
Option 2 "fair" for ios players again, but unfair (depending on what the compensation would be) to pc and android players.
Since they will almost certainly not pick option 1 or 2, they will pick option 3 and say "sorry" for the inconvenience. Bad break for us ios players, but doing nothing is the most "fair" over all decision to be made.

Paw
03-08-2018, 11:11 PM
I remember when some players were compensated account bound lazarious gems when StS made an error last time during event. All we want is consistency.

jonijuhani6
03-08-2018, 11:44 PM
As its been hours and hours and still no update i think its come to a stage where this event is totaly unfair to us IOS users. Yes we can run extra harder to make up the 50k+ points we will be lagging behind but why should we and how is it fair?

Also the vanities and everything related to these events rapidly decline in value after the first few hours. We have also missed out on this. In every way we lose out.

I see how you are holding a stance that its not your fault. I disagree. should have waited for approval before starting this event. Sorry if i come across as negative but i cant see no positives in this situation for me unless you tell me otherwise. Thank you

True...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wowdah
03-08-2018, 11:48 PM
Yep, just because it was Apple's fault, STS MUST take responsibility for this. It does nothing to blame apple while IOS users suffer.

Telgu
03-09-2018, 01:33 AM
Cancelled plans to have a great time regarding event , next thing you know event isn’t there , yes Sts we iOS users would like a fair rollback or reset the whole event to a new day , otherwise I’d like some compensation, iOS user here been supporting Sts for a long time please show some love towards iOS users ing- Telgu please ty . COMPENSATION

Yosahh
03-09-2018, 01:50 AM
But when does the client come for ios??? :/

Thewolfbull
03-09-2018, 01:56 AM
Is it still not working?!

Rehired
03-09-2018, 02:02 AM
I agree with everything being said here. But if they do rollback the event do you still think the prices would be the same?

I went to sleep at 6 pm and now I’m up at 2am to no update. I’m sad.

Yosahh
03-09-2018, 02:05 AM
When will this get fixed??

Thehunterpro
03-09-2018, 02:51 AM
I am ios

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Telgu
03-09-2018, 02:54 AM
My energy tokens are missing x 100, not sure if its on the new client , but I'm missing 110 energies from my inventory , please fix and give compensation to iOS players please ty .

Eagleye
03-09-2018, 03:14 AM
My energy tokens are missing x 100, not sure if its on the new client , but I'm missing 110 energies from my inventory , please fix and give compensation to iOS players please ty .

So what you’re saying is that you had 100 energy in your inventory before event started? Not possible, Energies don’t stay doormat in our inventories anymore they get mass deleted after events lol nice try though.

Ebereasider
03-09-2018, 03:21 AM
So what you’re saying is that you had 100 energy in your inventory before event started? Not possible, Energies don’t stay doormat in our inventories anymore they get mass deleted after events lol nice try though.

Maybe he's talking about store/auction bought energy

Arkiouj
03-09-2018, 05:00 AM
Compensation is abit much since every ios user would have to be compensated, what about those who usually play ios but played via PC?

I think the best thing here is to give ios users who couldn't/haven't logged in since update 5x energy kits (untradeable) for every hour delayed.

Telgu
03-09-2018, 05:31 AM

Either your dumb , or idk but all I’m trying to say still I’m trying to say I had crafted 110 energies from valentines event and had it placed in my inventory but next thing it isn’t there and never knew they would be erased until next event I though you could keep forged event kits in your inventory , never the less still waiting for iOS to work.

Snowman Is here
03-09-2018, 05:34 AM
He did misunderstand but if you don’t already know, sts removes all crafted energy and energy essences after all events now, so use all crafted energies or they will be deleted. It isn’t that bad though since they shortened the crafting time of energy kits.

Telgu
03-09-2018, 05:38 AM
Thankyou for confirming, still waiting for iOS feelsbad -_-

pretzel
03-09-2018, 05:49 AM
Wouldn't it be more legitimate, fair, sensible, proper, just (pick the adjective that better fits your mindset) from you all to be flooding the Apple store with your complaints and asking them for compensation ?

Paw
03-09-2018, 05:52 AM
Still not up for IOS? someone tell me this is some kind of joke? u cant be serious STS

Paw
03-09-2018, 05:57 AM
Wouldn't it be more legitimate, fair, sensible, proper, just (pick the adjective that better fits your mindset) from you all to be flooding the Apple store with your complaints and asking them for compensation ?

No. Blaming Apple isnt the answer. Shouldnt release an event and new client on same day and if you do then you should wait for approval before starting the event. Its not Apples fault.

Jhawkeye
03-09-2018, 06:16 AM
I’m screwed either way cuz I tried pc lol. I just can’t play on that trash. Was gonna go top 10 on lb too. Guess not now. I vote for a server rollback. The pc and android players will only lose the time the ios players lost but at least they know how to run the event and how everything works

pretzel
03-09-2018, 06:23 AM
No. Blaming Apple isnt the answer. Shouldnt release an event and new client on same day and if you do then you should wait for approval before starting the event. Its not Apples fault.

The new client and event work fine on Android and on PC. Why not at least contemplate the thought that there is something wrong with Apple's way of giving approval or validation or propagating the new client ?

Oakmaiden
03-09-2018, 06:39 AM
Either your dumb , or idk but all I’m trying to say still I’m trying to say I had crafted 110 energies from valentines event and had it placed in my inventory but next thing it isn’t there and never knew they would be erased until next event I though you could keep forged event kits in your inventory , never the less still waiting for iOS to work.
STS clearly stated crafted energy would be removed in the Winter event update. Your crafted energy was deleted by STS before they launched the new client.

Nabkro
03-09-2018, 06:43 AM
Give IOS the vanities of their class lolol
Jk

Oakmaiden
03-09-2018, 06:43 AM

You got that right on the nose Pretzel. The problem rests on Apple Stores shoulders! Tho I couldn’t find a “contact us” link in the store. I will look again. Shakes fist at Apple!

Paw
03-09-2018, 07:55 AM
You got that right on the nose Pretzel. The problem rests on Apple Stores shoulders! Tho I couldn’t find a “contact us” link in the store. I will look again. Shakes fist at Apple!

Apple can take another 5 minuites to approve or maybe wont approve at all. Problem isnt what Apple did. Problem is STS should NOT have started event yesterday until both IOS and ANDROID were approved and running properly. Anyone who doesnt see this point needs to wake up

Paw
03-09-2018, 08:53 AM
Can any android user please enlighten us and let us know how many points we are already behind on Lb. Thank you

Tatman
03-09-2018, 09:06 AM
Agreed. New client should have been released after approval by all third parties. Having an event exacerbates the issue even more. I'm not IOS, but this is wrong and some form of compensation is probably needed.

Abuze
03-09-2018, 09:07 AM
Can any android user please enlighten us and let us know how many points we are already behind on Lb. Thank you

*Adds fuel to the fire*

STS waited around 6 days for Google's approval BTW, they didn't exactly rush it but yea they should have waited a bit more for apple to approve of the new client too

Vrazicak
03-09-2018, 09:10 AM
It seems like you don't understand that STS are not the ones to be blamed. It's pure lack of professionalism from Apple's side, it's really not STS' fault the game isn't up on ios yet, cause they need Apple's approve. Therefore, STS is not obligated to compensate Apple users anything.

Paw
03-09-2018, 10:06 AM
It seems like you don't understand that STS are not the ones to be blamed. It's pure lack of professionalism from Apple's side, it's really not STS' fault the game isn't up on ios yet, cause they need Apple's approve. Therefore, STS is not obligated to compensate Apple users anything.

It seems like you dont understand that StS should have waited for Apple to approve and released update before they started the event. Going to stop replying to people who dont understand this basic concept

giaracib
03-09-2018, 10:11 AM
RIP, how about a delayed event for us IOS users? , we’ll have our own leaderboards etc..

Jhawkeye
03-09-2018, 10:21 AM
RIP, how about a delayed event for us IOS users? , we’ll have our own leaderboards etc..

That would release way too many lb vanities and destroy the integrity (which has already been destroyed) of lb running. The best thing imo is a server rollback. Plenty of games do it and it at least makes the playing ground fair

Jhawkeye
03-09-2018, 10:23 AM
*Adds fuel to the fire*

STS waited around 6 days for Google's approval BTW, they didn't exactly rush it but yea they should have waited a bit more for apple to approve of the new client too

Can you show us the bottom lb points?

Ucamaeben
03-09-2018, 10:27 AM
Here’s the larger problem with the timing, today is Friday!

If not resolved today then we will all have a very peaceful weekend doing something other than playing AL 🤨.

Alwarez
03-09-2018, 10:32 AM
Can you show us the bottom lb points?

1 run is around 300 pts

Jhawkeye
03-09-2018, 10:35 AM
1 run is around 300 pts

Lol yea my lb dreams are over I guess. Banner looked so nice too :’(

DalleManden
03-09-2018, 10:38 AM
Here’s the larger problem with the timing, today is Friday!

If not resolved today then we will all have a very peaceful weekend doing something other than playing AL ��.

Agreed. I think a lot of people here would benefit of a break from AL x)

Drone
03-09-2018, 10:39 AM
You all mitch and boan but at the end of the day, you still play AL religiously because there isn't an alternative. STS is definitely doing it right!!!!

Albrechtdurer
03-09-2018, 10:40 AM
Hey all, already close to 20
Hours we r can’t log in to event /: and till Now we have no answer /: how long it’s can take. Dear sts please solve this problem and say want u mean to do with iOS players

Korabiv
03-09-2018, 10:41 AM

Sure Apple is slow but it was very careless of sts to release the new client the same day of event. They shouldve either released a few days before so we didnt have all these problems or just waited until the event was over.

On a side note it is now 18 hours since the event went live for pc and android. Apple players will now have a far more difficult time (if not impossible) to get on the lb. We have lost gold that we wouldve gotten and android and pc players are getting from event. Not only this, we are still guildless, which can only be insanely confusing for people who dont go on forums. Also, during this time, we are unable to farm maus (the doors after killing the boss dont open to the next floor). Even if people say we shouldnt get compensated for the event stuff, we have lost an entire day farming and playing the game. This is costing us valuable time and gold. Android and pc players might not be able to see it or understand it, but logging on to the game and reading forums, people are VERY upset right now. And who knows how much longger we will have to wait.

Justg
03-09-2018, 10:49 AM
This is not just us, this is happening across several apps on the App Store. Here's as sample thread:

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/97992

For those of you who say we should not have started the event, this has never happened before so we could not have anticipated it.

We will discuss in our Live meeting in an hour. Until then please keep your torches, pitchforks, and salt safely stowed away. They do nothing to help solve the problem and only exacerbate the community.

Thanks for your patience and stay tuned.

- g

Korabiv
03-09-2018, 10:52 AM
This is not just us, this is happening across several apps on the App Store. Here's as sample thread:

For those of you who say we should not have started the event, this has never happened before so we could not have anticipated it.

We will discuss in our Live meeting in an hour. Until then please keep your torches, pitchforks, and salt safely stowed away. They do nothing to help solve the problem and only exacerbate the community.

- g

Any idea how much longer it will be?

Jhawkeye
03-09-2018, 10:55 AM

- g

Pitchfork stowed but in very close range :)

Edit: Where is Apple headquarters maybe we take the pitchfork and torches there

arcanefid
03-09-2018, 11:00 AM

- g

Must be hard for you too. Sorry that this happened, and thanks for keeping us updated.

You won't be able to please everyone with anything you come up with, but as one of the "victims", I would be fine with some untradeable/stashable energy kits. 3-4 for every hour lost is fine.

:p

Justg
03-09-2018, 11:07 AM

Pitchforks are dangerous, sometimes they bite the one that wields them.

Level, professional communication is the best way to go.

Soyalla
03-09-2018, 11:09 AM
(You know it’s bad when a non forum pleb like moi dusts off her account to give her 2cents :p)

My guess to what happened: historically this is how they would usually push out client updates and it was never a huge issue. The risk of a *short* delay by the App Store was acceptable and didn’t see any need to change their process.

However while a delay in App Store propagation may have been expected I don’t think anyone (sts included) was imagining it would be this long. I can imagine sts is unlikely too pleased with apple at this point either. Now that it’s approaching almost 24 hrs It would be nice to hear from sts what their plan is.

I get it sometimes :(bleep): happens. No one is exempt from an oops now and then. Whether it’s apple vs sts in the blame game it’s moot imo. Either way I appreciate sts to acknowledge that this affects a pretty large player population in a fairly significant way and any further communications of plan of action/correction would be further appreciated.

-soy

Justg
03-09-2018, 11:13 AM
It would be nice to hear from sts what their plan is.
Any further communications of plan of action/correction would be further appreciated.

We will discuss in our Live meeting in an hour.Thanks for your patience and stay tuned.

As stated, we are discussing. Stay tuned. Thanks for the patience.

Ucamaeben
03-09-2018, 11:17 AM
Update on ap store!

arcanefid
03-09-2018, 11:19 AM
Update is up!!!! Woooot! Still need compensating though! XD

Justg
03-09-2018, 11:19 AM
We are seeing the new version in the app store too, please check!

Screenshotz
03-09-2018, 11:20 AM
Update on ap store!

Wouldn’t have noticed if you didn’t post! THANKS!!!!

Soyalla
03-09-2018, 11:38 AM
Thanks ! TBH It took me a while to find my password to actually post and didn’t realize sts had replied in the meantime XD my bad and thanks again for the update.

Xxsoifongxx
03-09-2018, 12:25 PM

California, I’ll go with u

Xxsoifongxx
03-09-2018, 12:29 PM
Finally! It’s up

Anehazaz
03-09-2018, 12:52 PM
Hi although it’s saying the update is in store, it won’t allow me to install...I’m not sure what the problem is , it just takes me on a never ending journey:

When I click open...it takes me back to the start page telling me upgrade available and then to App Store I’m stuck in never never land!

Justg
03-09-2018, 12:53 PM
Hi although it’s saying the update is in store, it won’t allow me to install...I’m not sure what the problem is , it just takes me on a never ending journey:
When I click open...it takes me back to the start page telling me upgrade available and then to App Store I’m stuck in never never land!

Please restart your device and let us know what happens.

Anehazaz
03-09-2018, 01:06 PM
Restarting device has not made a difference still stuck and can’t ooen game at all

Tippertwo
03-09-2018, 01:17 PM
Restarting device has not made a difference still stuck and can’t ooen game at all

I ran into the same issue :(

Mapped
03-09-2018, 01:18 PM
I ran into the same issue :(

Go to the actual updates page and pull down to refresh you should see it then.

Rehired
03-09-2018, 01:19 PM
Any idea how much longer it will be?

Didn’t he just say this has never happened before? You tell me how’s he’s supposed to know how longer...

Tippertwo
03-09-2018, 01:20 PM
Go to the actual updates page and pull down to refresh you should see it then.

Al is not showing up at all.

Anehazaz
Did you manage to fix it tip?
Meanwhile I’m off to the theatre to watch ....
I’m patient. I’ll check back later!

Justg

Uninstall app?

Tweakymage
03-09-2018, 01:26 PM
Finally updated on ios, try uninstalling and installing againhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180309/55f0386607208b051f7eb9c82dbf3ad8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tippertwo
03-09-2018, 01:29 PM
Lol it worked, thanks.

Xxsoifongxx
03-09-2018, 01:31 PM
Guys just uninstall the app and install it again and you’ll be fine

Anehazaz
03-09-2018, 01:32 PM
Uninstall app?

Ok that worked! Stable looks awesome! Thanks a lot for the help!

Susanne
03-09-2018, 03:45 PM
Well this just proves how popular this game is. Pitchforks, hammers, mass hysteria etc.??? I hope everything turns out ok for all..devs and players alike. :)

Oakmaiden
03-09-2018, 03:55 PM
Pitchfork is safety back in the barn... running shoes equipped!

Susanne
03-09-2018, 04:32 PM
Pitchfork is safety back in the barn... running shoes equipped!
Nice. The torches extinguished too? Lol. Enjoy :) I'm not able to play much at the moment due to reality but hopefully I'll get on board as soon as I can. Good luck all. 😘

Fyrce
03-09-2018, 04:42 PM
Yeah I had to uninstall and install as well, because the stupid thing kept saying I already had the updated version.

Justg
03-09-2018, 05:11 PM
https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?419214-iOS-devices-that-were-late-to-the-St-Paddy-s-party