PDA

View Full Version : ipad2 at&t plans

wvhills
11-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Hey guys, quick question:

I'm thinking about getting an ipad2. In my area at&t has the best coverage by far. They have a 250mb plan for $15 and a 2 GB plan for $25. How much usage do you guys average? I'll be using it mostly for Pocket Legends, youtube guitar lessons and reading articles. Also, how much do they charge for going over your limit? I'll be using it at the house alot and can be over wifi so I'm sure that will help me a bunch.

Any recommendations?

wvhills
11-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Don't bring it to work.

Lol. But I need to do some serious leveling!
I've checked out verizon and I think they have ok coverage here. There plans are $30 for 2 GB (the same as Att) and $50 for 5 GB (I think that's right without looking it up again). I have no idea how much MB/GB I would use though. :(

joeythewise
11-07-2011, 01:50 PM
on verizon my girlfriend has 2gb and has wifi and still uses alot and she dont play games on her droid x id say get a good amount i dont gotta worry about it bc im a older customer and my data is unlimited :D

wvhills
11-07-2011, 01:55 PM
on verizon my girlfriend has 2gb and has wifi and still uses alot and she dont play games on her droid x id say get a good amount i dont gotta worry about it bc im a older customer and my data is unlimited :D

Thanks for the advice. I was kind of worried that PL and youtube would take up lots of data.

drewcapu
11-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Well, if all you're doing is playing PL at work (FTW!), you probably don't need a whole lot. I think Asommers once posted that they're planning to put in something into their games which shows your data usage, which can help those who are on limited plans.

As for AT&T, I think if you hit your cap, the 3G just stops working for the rest of your 30-day period unless you upgrade your plan for the month.

StompArtist
11-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Ask your provider if you can change the plan at any time and start with the largest plan. From there you will see your data consumption and get the plan that is the closest above that...

Zeus
11-07-2011, 07:48 PM
If you are using it for youtube, I don't think it will be enough. PL uses about 10 mb every hour, roughly. Good Luck! :)

RedRyder
11-07-2011, 09:57 PM
YouTube videos will annihilate your data. Like, DEVOUR it. It's $10 for an extra gig when you go over.

Gunk
11-18-2011, 08:03 AM
On 3G its about 10mb per hour of playing (without visiting towns which would bump up to maybe an 11 or 12 depends on how long u stay there) of pure farming/lvling. and gprs which isnt really that bad or edge its proberly roughly 7mb so u save a lil bit of data plan so say u have a 2GB plan you cud get a decent 250-285 hours of playing which wud be around 6-8 hours a day of playing which is waay more than enough. Now say you spend 4 hours websurfing 4 hours playing go home and use ur wifi ud be great with a 2GB data plan for a good 20 days on that average. Hope it helped basically just think of it as 250 hours per month of only PL playing=8 hours a day. (over gprs/edge ping of 800-2000 usually)