PDA

View Full Version : Are you happy with the current game state?

Vrazicak
03-12-2018, 03:08 AM
I don't want to complain but I think the inflation is way too hard in this game, I can make 1m/day without any hardwork in maus 5-6 nowadays and I don't think that's supposed to be normal. Today everyone's a millionaire but still is "poor". Weird, huh? How will we ever get out of this vortex where prices of exclusive items increase by millions each day? Best solution is to slowly decrease gold drops in mausoleum until it drops gold amounts like any other map in game. A lot of people won't like this idea, actually most of the endgame players. But for the sake and future of the game, it's the best thing to be done.

zauilet
03-12-2018, 04:55 AM
If what u r trying to say is that ar kind of gold sink must b carried outi then +1 from mes
Bumpe

shadowronn
03-12-2018, 05:29 AM
I stopped playing a few months ago, just checking the game once in while to see whether the amount of gold has any use ...

Azerothraven
03-12-2018, 07:27 AM
No need to show off you can make 1m per day like every other mega rich people in-game.

I don’t see any inflation in the game with the introduction of new content introduced monthly due to event. Lowering gold will cause chaos. That is the best gold sink.

The game is in very healthy state now. The problem was few months back when nothing valuable was introduced but gold kept flowing into the economy.

Vrazicak
03-12-2018, 07:32 AM
No need to show off you can make 1m per day like every other mega rich people in-game.

I don’t see any inflation in the game with the introduction of new content introduced monthly due to event. Lowering gold will cause chaos. That is the best gold sink.

The game is in very healthy state now. The problem was few months back when nothing valuable was introduced but gold kept flowing into the economy.

You shouldn't be the one to tell me not to show off.
I'm not trying in any way to show off, I'm just trying to say how easy people get gold nowadays, back in time 10m was a very valuable amount of gold, today, it isn't.

Nabhunter
03-12-2018, 07:33 AM

No inflation? Haha! How do you explain that when i stopped playing i had 20m gold which could buy me a pretty good gear. Now i can’t even get a weapon with 20m? I think that’s what i call inflation..

Azerothraven
03-12-2018, 07:39 AM
You shouldn't be the one to tell me not to show off.
I'm not trying in any way to show off, I'm just trying to say how easy people get gold nowadays, back in time 10m was a very valuable amount of gold, today, it isn't.
Yes I had 650+% gl few months back and I made a lot of gold but it cost like 80m to buy gear like that and I had to spend time. That much gold is like at least $700 dollars which is a lot of money and people who spend this much should have a significant advantage compared to rest of the community with 100-300% gl.

There is select few who earns this much which isn’t significant.

We are not in the past anymore. There should be an increase in value over time otherwise there is no point sticking around with the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azerothraven
03-12-2018, 07:45 AM
No inflation? Haha! How do you explain that when i stopped playing i had 20m gold which could buy me a pretty good gear. Now i can’t even get a weapon with 20m? I think that’s what i call inflation..

You can buy nightmare/ Tainted SET easy which is the best gear for level 66 and also Tainted Dagger is easily one of the better weapon for rogue in terms of dps which is like 5m so don’t complain.

While everyone worked hard to make a lot of gold, why do you suddenly return and be in the same level financially with everyone else? What you didn’t isn’t progress. Everyone moved now and that’s why the game is alive. If you could be in as rich as someone who kept farming/playing for months then why bother playing at all?

Lolifee
03-12-2018, 07:46 AM
well whats the problem with the current prices? Hard work to get expensive items just like before. No difference exept there is more gold around.

zauilet
03-12-2018, 08:26 AM

I donÂ’t see any inflation in the game with the introduction of new content introduced monthly due to event. Lowering gold will cause chaos. That is the best gold sink.

I would like to say one thing very honestly regardless of wheter it brings our friendship to end *sigh* -_-
From ur posts on "BEGGARS" and ur yt videos in which a title i remember was "watch me throw xyz millions on awakening" i see no one other than u and jeff doing show off :/
That being said dont thing im a hater of urs but its not fair to say smone else is showing off when u also like to do the same thing
Back to topic I would still support the gold sinkr
Why? Well im tired of explaning whyi again and again the best thing in short words is that economy was alot better in 2014-16 as i have said bfore toos compare the things now and then to know what im talking bout
If anyone wants to say yea i dont work work hard so how will i get rewarded? Well keeping saying ite
Coz what i just said thats what the truth is and everyone knows it whether u agree or not

Azerothraven
03-12-2018, 08:35 AM
I would like to say one thing very honestly regardless of wheter it brings our friendship to end *sigh* -_-
From ur posts on "BEGGARS" and ur yt videos in which a title i remember was "watch me throw xyz millions on awakening" i see no one other than u and jeff doing show off :/
That being said dont thing im a hater of urs but its not fair to say smone else is showing off when u also like to do the same thing
Back to topic I would still support the gold sinkr
Why? Well im tired of explaning whyi again and again the best thing in short words is that economy was alot better in 2014-16 as i have said bfore toos compare the things now and then to know what im talking bout
If anyone wants to say yea i dont work work hard so how will i get rewarded? Well keeping saying ite
Coz what i just said thats what the truth is and everyone knows it whether u agree or not
No man, we good friends and having differences of opinions don’t mean we are not gonna be friends. It’s a normal thing but

If you support gold sink idea why don’t u like my throw away videos on awakening. That’s a hella good gold sink and I always do them based on getting a certain awakening like speed so I can do timed run. I don’t do them for the sake of throwing gold or “showing off”. You would know that if you actually watched the video and not judge by the title. ( it sounds a bit aggressive but I am not trying to attack u here )

And people have asked me to make those type of videos in-game because they are interested.

The game state isn’t the same as it was in 2014-2016. I like the changes now for the better than back then. Just because something is obvious like an underlying “truth” doesn’t mean everyone else feel the same way.

Lore
03-12-2018, 08:55 AM

Nooo, people start to talk about 2014th 41 cap again. No way was economy good back then, with 40m+ for shard/fossil, and little to no ways to make any gold for new players except from arena, which was hard to farm, lockeds farm in brackenridge 3rd map or km3, elite planar arena, rare events and buying plat to open lockeds.

P.S.: Reading your english writing is really painful for my eyes. Sorry, I had to say it

zauilet
03-12-2018, 09:37 AM
Nooo, people start to talk about 2014th 41 cap again. No way was economy good back then, with 40m+ for shard/fossil, and little to no ways to make any gold for new players except from arena, which was hard to farm, lockeds farm in brackenridge 3rd map or km3, elite planar arena, rare events and buying plat to open lockeds.

P.S.: Reading your english writing is really painful for my eyes. Sorry, I had to say it

Alright here is my explanation for why that time was best ill say it from perspective of new players as everythimg i have posted till now has been for good of new players only (check my old posts) without having any selfish motive behind it
If a new player comes from in 2014
Make 180k buy lepre and focus lving up while using it there u go and that is my main point u can absolutely gring gold on almost ANY lv any lv u name it even though endgame had its advantage back then too but it wasnt impossible as of now? Earlier u had to focus on only 1 rarity ARCANE u got arcane? And there u go even if ur not the best u r close to the best and now? U have to focus on set stuff the heroic eggs the useful arcane eggs the artifacts and the awakenings and the gold for these comes from where? No place other than maus increasing the gold in the whole game to such a large extent and as earlier luck was a useful thing to have and locks were locks (not large/massive/small) u could farm them at km3 in other words luck was useful back then awarding people in terms of USEFUL legendary or arcane items and people were awarded in terms of items NOT gold directly unlike todays rewards where anyone having luck is a dumb guy cause luck is useless rn and anyone not having gl awakening is also dumb af. Gold only matters rn nothing else
People were earlier farming worth good items (indirectly gold) and today they farm directly gold which is more than enough to explain how gold has increased so much for now in the game
Earlier either people could rely on luck or farm gold assuring things like nekro or dragonite bar and then buy their dream items/eggs even low lv people who were not endgame could do it whereas now just maus is source of money and if u dont have access to maus u do merch or whatever earn some gold to realise that ur dream items r so expensivr af (thanks to maus) and let ur dream items be dreams itself there r countless other thi gs too which were way better earlier i have just forgotten them as i have been lazy in game for last 1yr or so.
I mixed up the facts that both game and economy were better in 2014-16 but thats the best i can do. if i forgot some other ways for earning gold in 2014-16 (im sure i forgot some :/) people who remember them u r welcome to add them to my post :)
The things which i propose r as follows
(1)gold sink to remove the large amounts of gold from current game state
(2)removal of awakenings to prevent (1) from happening in future again(XD)
Im done on this thread and thanks to anyone who read my full post :D
@aze i didnt just read the title of ur videos i watched them too and i remember u getting 10% armor awakening on some item as a proof it was ava belt i think
Ur posts on beggars and such videos TOGETHER made me post what i posted bro nd ill say again im not a hater of urs cheers
And as a directly simple reply to the title of thread NO I AM NOT HAPPY WITH CURRENT GAME STATE
Ik i dont matter but new people do matter dont they? So improve game state for them if not for me

Xxkayakxx
03-12-2018, 10:15 AM
I don't want to complain but I think the inflation is way too hard in this game, I can make 1m/day without any hardwork in maus 5-6 nowadays and I don't think that's supposed to be normal. Today everyone's a millionaire but still is "poor". Weird, huh? How will we ever get out of this vortex where prices of exclusive items increase by millions each day? Best solution is to slowly decrease gold drops in mausoleum until it drops gold amounts like any other map in game. A lot of people won't like this idea, actually most of the endgame players. But for the sake and future of the game, it's the best thing to be done.

Yes I’m fine with game. No need to nerf gl. Events and awakenings imo are a “good” way to sink gold from rich people. The rest is just hard hard work as it always was.

Suentous PO
03-12-2018, 10:22 AM
As for pve yes I am happy with it. The game is not out of reach for the average player imho.
Idc about trillion $ vanities, kids get by with hex staff builds.
I don't think the average person is easily making mills in maus. Also maus is just one place I farm, there's a few others.

Maybe decreasing gold in maus isn't the best gold sink, as that wouldn't cause the super elite to get rid of mills.
Cheers

Ucamaeben
03-12-2018, 03:40 PM
Game good right now. There’s a ton of things to farm and awakening brings a unique twist to the game. I’m having fun and that’s the point, right!?

Xxsoifongxx
03-12-2018, 05:33 PM
It doesn’t mater the state of the gold , point is even if the gold drop rate was lower and price was lower you’d have to put in the same hard work as now because the gold u get is lower, but because u have few millions and if prices drop now u can afford what u want to buy so no leave the game as is and go farm.

Xxsoifongxx
03-12-2018, 05:37 PM
Ans let’s say your wish comes true and they nerf maus to gold drop rate as normal maps and prices go down ,then what do u farm after? Don’t tell me locks because that’s dead

Hexcell
03-12-2018, 06:22 PM
Bump bump +1 xD

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

capeo
03-12-2018, 07:38 PM
Im happy with the game. They seem to be putting a lot of time and effort into the game. People have a chance at recolored rare vanities. We have an expansion coming up. I know some make a million a day but i don't. I have 200-300 gl.i make a few maus runs a day and i think i average 60-70k for m5-6.. so if 15-20 5-6 runs is easy im doing it wrong because that is a large time commitment for me. I'm not interested in high gold loot sets. They make you weak. As a tank i need to be strong and using a low level gold loot set isn't good enough for me.

Anyway more gold for players and higher prices for items doesn't sound like a huge problem compared to stagnate game content. I like it when the developers ask for suggestions and get more active on the forum. We have more events now, different types of events, new gear, new pets, new vanities and a massive expansion. More interaction with developers and they actually listen to our suggestions. What on earth (or arlor) more can you ask for? Seriously, complaining what is the motivation?

PsychoNuke
03-12-2018, 10:11 PM
@ OP if you think reducing gold from maus will impact any of these zillionaires who manipulate the market then you are wrong.
@ Thread: No events are not gold sink, if you are implying to top 10 lb runners then yes they spend plats and gold on energy. But then they make gold out of the goodies that they get from LB. Even if they dont its just a condition affecting 1% of the player what about the 99%. For all you know people make more gold in events.

Sts screwed up big time here, they forgot to design caps for elements that affect economy and game. Now all the decisions they make only affects the middle class - be it events, gears, vanity, etc. The rich don't mind buying anything they want for any price, and the poor cant.

I mean they are telling a new player - that the way to get enough gold to beat the end game is to get to endgame and buy gold loot items.
The new player is like, but I don't have gold to buy gold loot items.
They go: Start merching, do offers get plat and then liquidate. Sell everything from event, ..etc etc. Use this guide on gold making.
New player: Is this game about making gold and selling stuff? How to be a business man?
Do you see how stupid that sounds... And then they complaint there are so many beggars and scammers. Oh well, what were you expecting?

The problem is people got used to bad economy, and now they think this is the way it should be. And the reality is, it will stay this way, no point making threads and crying over it, as this is not the 1st thread.

Its the developers job to seek the issues and fix them before it causes inconvenience to its consumer. Its their responsibility to understand the issues based on the stats they have. I don't see them taking any initiatives towards stabilizing the economy, so perhaps it is fine. Who knows, certainly I don't.

thekragle
03-12-2018, 10:33 PM
I'm fine with the game as it is. To players, this is a game. To Sts, this is a business. If they are making money, they are doing something right even if some of thier players, errh, I mean customers are unhappy. It's ok to have a few unhappy customers. Last I checked Apple makes billions and even they have unhappy customers, but overall the business does well and the majority of customers are happy. Same thing here.

So high gear prices, gold inflation, difficult leaderboards, they are all just part of the business. And as long as the majority of players are happy and buying plat, or products that are part of a plat purchase, things are good and we got us a successful thriving game.

Vrazicak
03-13-2018, 03:17 AM

They arent really dropping. My friend recently sold Frank set for 210M.

I thnk there is lot more lowballers than used to be

These are your words I found on another recent thread. Frank set use to be 10m, you can't tell me there isn't inflation when the price increased by 2100% lmao.
And I also heard ice golem set is 600m. So don't come at me saying the game state is healthy xD.

Vrazicak
03-13-2018, 03:24 AM
@ OP if you think reducing gold from maus will impact any of these zillionaires who manipulate the market then you are wrong.
@ Thread: No events are not gold sink, if you are implying to top 10 lb runners then yes they spend plats and gold on energy. But then they make gold out of the goodies that they get from LB. Even if they dont its just a condition affecting 1% of the player what about the 99%. For all you know people make more gold in events.

Sts screwed up big time here, they forgot to design caps for elements that affect economy and game. Now all the decisions they make only affects the middle class - be it events, gears, vanity, etc. The rich don't mind buying anything they want for any price, and the poor cant.

I mean they are telling a new player - that the way to get enough gold to beat the end game is to get to endgame and buy gold loot items.
The new player is like, but I don't have gold to buy gold loot items.
They go: Start merching, do offers get plat and then liquidate. Sell everything from event, ..etc etc. Use this guide on gold making.
New player: Is this game about making gold and selling stuff? How to be a business man?
Do you see how stupid that sounds... And then they complaint there are so many beggars and scammers. Oh well, what were you expecting?

The problem is people got used to bad economy, and now they think this is the way it should be. And the reality is, it will stay this way, no point making threads and crying over it, as this is not the 1st thread.

Its the developers job to seek the issues and fix them before it causes inconvenience to its consumer. Its their responsibility to understand the issues based on the stats they have. I don't see them taking any initiatives towards stabilizing the economy, so perhaps it is fine. Who knows, certainly I don't.

In the long term, it will, cause who will those zillionaires sell their items to? Another zillionaire? That way the both parties will only start to lose gold. No middle class will buy any of their items until they're affordable. If people don't have gold, the demand for the item drastically drops, and therefore the price of the item itself drops as well. I honestly think the game state was better when there were all the plat farmers at tindirin expansion. At least they kept the prices low and it was great for everyone, but of course it wasn't good at all for STS, cause they were making no money. I really can't see any other way to stop the inflation rather than throwing away the idea about gold loot.

Susanne
03-13-2018, 06:54 AM
What I don't understand is why players (and I use that term loosely in some cases only)...make lots of millions but then seem afraid to spend any of it. What on Earth are they saving it for? I like buying things but unfortunately or fortunately whichever way you wish to take it, I'm also quite generous so never really get around to being mega rich but I'm happy enough when am in a nice party killing things or in my house chatting. I've tried to understand why this game is suffering from gold fever and I have come up with an answer. I blame Jarl! The first thing we heard when we first started playing is Jarl shouting "GOLD!" It's all his doing. Seriously, just enjoy the game, whether you're training to be a stockbroker or not but it's daft getting stressed out about it all. I'm so glad I don't like the really expensive vanity though 😋 and I'm undecided about the brawler but if you see me in town wearing it..watch out. I'll use me grog and fight thee. 😉

yuyie
03-13-2018, 07:54 AM
idk if i was happy or not with the current state games now, but for sure.. AL really more better rather than past of yr. Ofc, if ur wanna to be "someone" >>Rich<< ur need spend more time with a good item or gear. Its, easy for student playing and spend much time rather then workers player. Workers player exactly didnt have much time to play but, they can spent with another way..myb spent on platinum purchases. That just what i guess. Just idk what they means on play fair or loyal. Workers player, they can do what they want. Buy platinum 3-4k, for merch, and etc.

PsychoNuke
03-13-2018, 08:40 AM
In the long term, it will, cause who will those zillionaires sell their items to? Another zillionaire? That way the both parties will only start to lose gold. No middle class will buy any of their items until they're affordable. If people don't have gold, the demand for the item drastically drops, and therefore the price of the item itself drops as well. I honestly think the game state was better when there were all the plat farmers at tindirin expansion. At least they kept the prices low and it was great for everyone, but of course it wasn't good at all for STS, cause they were making no money. I really can't see any other way to stop the inflation rather than throwing away the idea about gold loot.

Players said no to gold loot when it was introduced.. they said these issues will happen.. they said its not fair.
Today we are discussing the same thing, and I don't think anyone is listening. As I said, devs should take initiatives based on the statistics they have. Its better to act based on facts they have instead of our speculations. I can only cross my fingers and hope for the best at this time.

Vrazicak
03-13-2018, 09:10 AM
Players said no to gold loot when it was introduced.. they said these issues will happen.. they said its not fair.
Today we are discussing the same thing, and I don't think anyone is listening. As I said, devs should take initiatives based on the statistics they have. Its better to act based on facts they have instead of our speculations. I can only cross my fingers and hope for the best at this time.

Very well said

Chrixzed
03-13-2018, 11:25 AM
The gold on maus is less I’m waiting for more gold in the new expansion we need new maps and more gold, who don’t love the gold?!

VROOMIGoRealFast
03-13-2018, 11:54 AM
From what I'm seeing you all say, the state of the economy hasn't really changed at all, only the bottom line has changed.

Arcane Fossils costing 40m and you're rich for having 1 mil is the same as Arcane Fossils costing 400m and you're rich for having 10mil.

We are always keeping an eye on the game economy and the gold inflow and planning/adjusting features around this (though apparently having a proc that just takes away your gold if you're holding over 1mil is a bad idea :rolleyes:).

One of the solutions I've seen other games do (and I would like to avoid if we can) is to just drastically increase the amount of gold every player has.

For example:
Let's say right now 250mil means you're rich, and the average player can get to 5mil. One way to correct the economy would be to increase the gold inflow so that the average player has 500mil. That rich person who used to have 250mil now has 750mil, but 750mil compared to 505mil is less of an impact than 250mil compared to 5mil. The balance could be even further shifted if I used 1bil instead of 500mil as an example.

Again I'd rather take this approach because it would also mean all costs in the game would have to be drastically increased, but I've seen it done in other games.

Susanne
03-13-2018, 02:06 PM
Just dropped my tea in shock. What on Earth can anyone need 250m gold for??? Please enlighten me.

Vrazicak
03-13-2018, 06:11 PM
From what I'm seeing you all say, the state of the economy hasn't really changed at all, only the bottom line has changed.

Arcane Fossils costing 40m and you're rich for having 1 mil is the same as Arcane Fossils costing 400m and you're rich for having 10mil.

We are always keeping an eye on the game economy and the gold inflow and planning/adjusting features around this (though apparently having a proc that just takes away your gold if you're holding over 1mil is a bad idea :rolleyes:).

One of the solutions I've seen other games do (and I would like to avoid if we can) is to just drastically increase the amount of gold every player has.

For example:
Let's say right now 250mil means you're rich, and the average player can get to 5mil. One way to correct the economy would be to increase the gold inflow so that the average player has 500mil. That rich person who used to have 250mil now has 750mil, but 750mil compared to 505mil is less of an impact than 250mil compared to 5mil. The balance could be even further shifted if I used 1bil instead of 500mil as an example.

Again I'd rather take this approach because it would also mean all costs in the game would have to be drastically increased, but I've seen it done in other games.

I like where you're heading there... Try doing something like that please :P

wowdah
03-13-2018, 07:05 PM
I feel like as a first step the gold cap limit should be increased to 500m per player.

Motherless_Child
03-13-2018, 08:46 PM
As for pve yes I am happy with it. The game is not out of reach for the average player imho.
Idc about trillion $ vanities, kids get by with hex staff builds.
I don't think the average person is easily making mills in maus. Also maus is just one place I farm, there's a few others.

Maybe decreasing gold in maus isn't the best gold sink, as that wouldn't cause the super elite to get rid of mills.
Cheers

And, as others said, a change in the economy or a "sink" will still present the "imbalance" that they are speaking of because you cannot get rich or obtain all types of items just by playing casually...... Work must be put in or money must be spent......

Please don't touch the economy, STS.... You gave us awakenings, if people need to be richer, they need to take the risk and/or invest in these awakening just like those who have done so to get their "OP" (%) gold loot awakenings..... I personally know from awakenings and spending millions before I see a single %40 and say to myself "OK, that's enough... Stop here"..........

If it ain't broke, don't fix it........

Azerothraven
03-13-2018, 09:05 PM
Just dropped my tea in shock. What on Earth can anyone need 250m gold for??? Please enlighten me.

When you have this much gold, you will know!
Gold runs out so fast and I am against the idea of capping gold at 500m

thekragle
03-14-2018, 01:31 AM

For example:

Yes! Exactly. The economy it the same as three years ago except the numbers are bigger and it's easier to use real money to get gold. So it's easier to buy yourself to the top with plat. Our dollars go so much further now!

Getting gold is less about luck like many years ago and more about persistence or plat purchases.

PsychoNuke
03-14-2018, 02:10 AM

For example:

It totally depends on how you implement it, For example:
Lets say an item cost 1m, average player has 10m, and a rich player has 200m.
You increase the gold by 200m, and now the average players has 210m, rich has 400m but now the item cost 20m. In this scenario the issue remains same, all we did was reduce the value of the currency. Also, what will happen to the new players who join after this is implemented?

The thing is the current tweaks you guys are doing with the gold drops and features around it does not seems to be working, or perhaps its only affecting the average and the poor.

Currently there is only 1 effective gold sink, i.e., Awakenings, but it has its limitations and totally dependant on odds. Hence, I would like to propose something else.
#1 Enable Tax on trade, but with different slabs:

If the total amount of gold on a players account is less than 5m then there is no tax on trade.
If the total amount of gold on a players account is more than 5m but less than 10m then a fee should be deducted for every trade.
If the amount is higher than 10m then the fee will be higher.
Same way the fee increases 20m, 30m,... 50m,.. 100m,.. 200m,.. 1b etc.

In addition to #1, we should also have,
#2 Tax on trading items of higher value, lets say on trade value of 10m or above.
This is same as Auction Tax but needs to be implemented on high value trades that happens off CS.

I understand that these ideas have loopholes and rough edges but can easily be fixed if we all think selflessly and come up with a plan for the community.

* The number's in my example are hypothetical, and should be decided by devs based on stats.

Xxkayakxx
03-14-2018, 05:13 AM
as a f2p player (I do sometimes plat offers but not really purchase plats) took me years to get ...healthy.
Once I spent 4 months just grinding km3 for around 3 hours/day (my kdr was soo good at the time xD), being able to craft 180 massives, selling them during events making a good profit (at the time around 16 millions). There I started to merch/craft-sell nekro and other stuff and now, even if I don’t have the best gear, I’m happy with my stats and savings.

I’m not saying this to brag out. I just want to focus on the fact that took me around one year to reach this situation, starting from a “ok now I will make some money” state of mind and already some knowledge of the game!
“Average” or casual player will never be rich! Grinders of plat users can. And to be rich just grinding requires a huge amount of time!
Arcanes, PP, nekro and all the “old” OP stuff was always crazily high priced! The best stuff was always expansive.
And I don’t know if someone of you remember economy after cakes and deary island issues......was good in your opinion? (Really asking :) ) in mine wasn’t.
We need objectives in game.....things hard to achieve....goals. And rarities. If not, where is the fun?? ;)

Susanne
03-14-2018, 06:13 AM
I remember the km3 days. I do think we who were around at that time did have a better experience. I never got bored grinding because we all did it together and farming elites was challenging and fun whether for pets or aps and people were less judgemental and more helpful. PvP was ok from what I observed too and although I was really bad at it, I never got called nab or worse, that came later :( Nowadays I'm having reality commitments so I can't play as much but still have a go at Maus most days and I'm running the event according to my given energies. I did manage to reach over 30m gold which now I see is "poor" but at the moment I have the gear and pets I need to play comfortably so I have the brawler vanity. If anyone hasn't fallen asleep whilst reading this and wonders why I am in their mind "poor", ask all the people I helped. To be honest..I don't feel poor. 500m gold is far too much. I have spent real money on this game and it has given me pleasure.. sometimes it has made me sad when good friends left. I never thought a game could bring about so many emotions and would have laughed if someone had told me that people I have never met would have such an impact on my life. Mostly good a few bad. The amount of good outweighs the bad. I have seen many changes in AL and will always prefer the good old days but things progress as they do in the real world. I still indulge in buying plat and my gold never lasts for long but I'm certainly not a nab..I hate that word.. I've done many events, crafted many things, run all maps and hopefully helped many new players along the way. What do I think of AL today? I love the game but some of the players need a little bit of tact and also need to stop being so high and mighty. Good day.

Avaree
03-14-2018, 12:43 PM
Im happy with the game. They seem to be putting a lot of time and effort into the game. People have a chance at recolored rare vanities. We have an expansion coming up. I know some make a million a day but i don't. I have 200-300 gl.i make a few maus runs a day and i think i average 60-70k for m5-6.. so if 15-20 5-6 runs is easy im doing it wrong because that is a large time commitment for me. I'm not interested in high gold loot sets. They make you weak. As a tank i need to be strong and using a low level gold loot set isn't good enough for me.

Anyway more gold for players and higher prices for items doesn't sound like a huge problem compared to stagnate game content. I like it when the developers ask for suggestions and get more active on the forum. We have more events now, different types of events, new gear, new pets, new vanities and a massive expansion. More interaction with developers and they actually listen to our suggestions. What on earth (or arlor) more can you ask for? Seriously, complaining what is the motivation?

Well said Capeo.

Leave things as is. (:

Ucamaeben
03-14-2018, 05:38 PM
as a f2p player (I do sometimes plat offers but not really purchase plats) took me years to get ...healthy.
Once I spent 4 months just grinding km3 for around 3 hours/day (my kdr was soo good at the time xD), being able to craft 180 massives, selling them during events making a good profit (at the time around 16 millions). There I started to merch/craft-sell nekro and other stuff and now, even if I don’t have the best gear, I’m happy with my stats and savings.

I’m not saying this to brag out. I just want to focus on the fact that took me around one year to reach this situation, starting from a “ok now I will make some money” state of mind and already some knowledge of the game!
“Average” or casual player will never be rich! Grinders of plat users can. And to be rich just grinding requires a huge amount of time!
Arcanes, PP, nekro and all the “old” OP stuff was always crazily high priced! The best stuff was always expansive.
And I don’t know if someone of you remember economy after cakes and deary island issues......was good in your opinion? (Really asking :) ) in mine wasn’t.
We need objectives in game.....things hard to achieve....goals. And rarities. If not, where is the fun?? ;)

It’s interesting how the veteran players feel about the game compared to the new players.

As far as saving gold, your a better man than me kayak, I need to hire a arlorian investment specialist.

Xxkayakxx
03-14-2018, 05:59 PM
It’s interesting how the veteran players feel about the game compared to the new players.

As far as saving gold, your a better man than me kayak, I need to hire a arlorian investment specialist.

Investment is the key ;)
Just invest half of your money or set a number of money you want to have cash and invest all the rest! (That if you have some ability in merch....I’m not a pro merch but specialized in some items....and I have a lot of patience xD).
Lucky me I’m not really into vanities!!!! XD I just wear what is of my taste :) so I save a lot of money just ...being me xD

Susanne
03-14-2018, 07:39 PM
I need a financial advisor. Oh my downfall is vanities I'm afraid. Even all the ones I get from using tokens in events I'm loathe to sell. Still, I enjoy the game so what is the use lots of gold if you don't enjoy it? :)

Azebor
03-15-2018, 12:02 AM
The current gap between the rich and the poor can be divided into 3 parts:

1) The Level Gap: Mausoleum is level 60+ content.

2) The Time Gap: Levelling to 60+ takes time, then you have to grind open mausoleum by running graveyard over, and over, and over, and over, and over....

3) The Gold Loot Gap: The cost difference of Gold Loot gear between the rich (high gold loot on strong equipment) and the poor (low gold loot on weak equipment) is huge, meaning rich players can make gold much faster than poor players.

So, what does STS need to do? Add the ability to make gold at a lower level and decrease the time it takes to reach gold-making status by lowering the cost of gold-making equipment. Hmm... Sounds a lot like when you could buy a leprechaun amulet for 150k gold, pop a luck elixir for 30k gold, and run low level brackenridge, tombs, and mines for locked crates....but STS took that away and now look what happened.

Azerothraven
03-15-2018, 04:40 AM
The Gold Loot Gap: The cost difference of Gold Loot gear between the rich (high gold loot on strong equipment) and the poor (low gold loot on weak equipment) is huge, meaning rich players can make gold much faster than poor players.
If they make it easy to farm gold for low level poor players then there would be insufficient incentive for the poor people to work hard to get richer.

Azebor
03-15-2018, 05:07 AM
If they make it easy to farm gold for low level poor players then there would be insufficient incentive for the poor people to work hard to get richer.

The act of gold generation should be the same for everyone. Example: When Person A shoots a kraag cannon, they receive 1 gold. If Person B were to shoot the same cannon, should they get 2 gold? No. If Person B wants 2 gold to buy something shiny, then they should shoot the cannon twice. In this example, the something shiny is the incentive, and the shooting twice is the "hard work".

Azerothraven
03-15-2018, 05:11 AM
The act of gold generation should be the same for everyone. Example: When Person A shoots a kraag cannon, they receive 1 gold. If Person B were to shoot the same cannon, should they get 2 gold? No. If Person B wants 2 gold to buy something shiny, then they should shoot the cannon twice. In this example, the something shiny is the incentive, and the shooting twice is the "hard work".

STS uses the cost of the gold loot gears as an incentive. Making them cheaper isnt a solution. They need to come up with a new and attainable way for low levels to make gold. I do agree it is hard and they need to look into this but lowering price of gl sets isnt it

Thewolfbull
03-15-2018, 06:23 AM
The game is fine :)

Susanne
03-15-2018, 06:43 AM
Getting up to earn a living in real life is hardwork and so is studying. Playing a game is supposed to be a leisure activity so please stop saying it's "hardwork".

zauilet
03-15-2018, 08:09 AM
Getting up to earn a living in real life is hardwork and so is studying. Playing a game is supposed to be a leisure activity so please stop saying it's "hardwork".

EXACTLY!! i love u muaaah!!! Ss ur post <3
Edit : and lol it is rather hard to believe that approximately, NO ONE is concerned bout new players lol everyone is just happy coz yea they spent their money to get top gl awakenings nd r top dogs rn
If sts wants the game to grow this has to b changed unless sts is happy with current population of arlor
I can already sense the hate coming on this post of mine so ill peacefully leave the thread thnx for reading XD
#RISE!!

Suentous PO
03-15-2018, 08:15 AM
Lol I don't even use gold loot awakenings. I'd rather have the kind of stats that get me invited to maus

PatD
03-15-2018, 08:23 AM

In any mmo games u have to expect some "hardwork" to get rare and nice stuff or else u can just play casually and enjoy the social aspect of the game, nobody force you to run for LB or unlock mausoleum, but a majority of player enjoy the competition and "hardwork" to earn some rare and cool stuff, for me a reward is something you have to put some hardwork in it! just my opinion ;)

thekragle
03-15-2018, 08:53 AM
The game is fine :)

Yes!

In any mmo games u have to expect some "hardwork" to get rare and nice stuff or else u can just play casually and enjoy the social aspect of the game, nobody force you to run for LB or unlock mausoleum, but a majority of player enjoy the competition and "hardwork" to earn some rare and cool stuff, for me a reward is something you have to put some hardwork in it! just my opinion ;)

Well said! The hard work is and the grind is what motivates mmo players otherwise it's Candy crush, blah!

Susanne
03-15-2018, 12:52 PM
Yes!

Well said! The hard work is and the grind is what motivates mmo players otherwise it's Candy crush, blah!
I don't consider grinding, getting my prestigious title, running from graveyard to mausoleum 6 regularly, crafting awakenings and jewels not to mention other items, playing all events etcetera...hardwork. Not even crafting my planar pendant in my level 40s and crafting my mythic himi armour level 36 plus other armours whilst running my own quite successful guild at that time and helping new players as hardwork. Then again..I may be strange. I have also never played candy crush. Kind regards.:)

PatD
03-15-2018, 02:25 PM
I don't consider grinding, getting my prestigious title, running from graveyard to mausoleum 6 regularly, crafting awakenings and jewels not to mention other items, playing all events etcetera...hardwork. Not even crafting my planar pendant in my level 40s and crafting my mythic himi armour level 36 plus other armours whilst running my own quite successful guild at that time and helping new players as hardwork. Then again..I may be strange. I have also never played candy crush. Kind regards.:)

Lol ok Suzy then lets just change "hardwork" for "put the time in" :)

Susanne
03-15-2018, 07:01 PM
Lol ok Suzy then lets just change "hardwork" for "put the time in" :)

Ah.. yes. Thanks for that and what a nice description. Wish I'd thought of it. :)

Xxsoifongxx
03-16-2018, 12:53 AM
It’s around 200m or more to make 100% max rogue at 66 so?

Susanne
03-16-2018, 02:02 AM

Really? Thank you for informing me. Good grief I really didn't know that. I'm so glad you took the trouble to impart your knowledge. I must start farming and saving like a mad thing now. :)

Xxkayakxx
03-16-2018, 03:15 AM

So anyone enjoy game in different ways ;)

PsychoNuke
03-16-2018, 06:38 AM
I don't blame people for not having perspective, if you see most of the post here denotes "I", its human psyche - simply dictates: why should others get it easy when I got it hard. And I totally don't blame you guys, as I said before: people got used to bad economy that now they think its normal.

Appreciating the game for new content, comparing it with other games, defining grinding and hard work or giving ideas on how to make gold is not the objective of this thread. This isn't about how you became rich or how to become one.

Understand this: Economy of the game is considered healthy when the average player is able to equip them self to be able to reach and play the endgame, when an everage player is able to afford items by doing the content itself. This isn't about being able to buy expensive vanities. This isn't about luxury. It is about filling the necessity.

So just because you are doing alright, it does not mean everyone is. "I" am wealthy does not equal economy is healthy.
I can totally say everything is cool too and sit with my arms crossed. Because I am in that bracket now where bad economy does not affect me. I am not an average player, I mean I might not be rich, but I have everything I want (now I got Lucky Golem too :)) + I run LB. But then we are just that 5% of the total population of the game. What about the 95%?

The problem is the majority of the players who get affected by this are not even on the forum, hence all I can do is give ideas, ask devs to check the stats and cross my fingers for best.

Avaree
03-16-2018, 07:33 AM

I disagree with this because a rogue don't need max gears to run maus. For 3/3 tainted 5/5 nm fully (can mix 3/3 T and 3/3 NM for an even more affordable set) jeweled with lvl spooky artifact can be bought for under 50m. As far as a pet, on budget under 1m and that includes a heroic pet for HB.

Xxsoifongxx
03-16-2018, 07:37 AM
I disagree with this because a rogue don't need max gears to run maus. For 3/3 tainted 5/5 nm fully (can mix 3/3 T and 3/3 NM for an even more affordable set) jeweled with lvl spooky artifact can be bought for under 50m. As far as a pet, on budget under 1m and that includes a heroic pet for HB.

Who said anything about maus? lol, step into pvp with 50m gears u get rekt, well I’m not saying u need to be 100% max to enter but I was just saying how much it takes , back in 61 20-25m could get u op gears now it’s 80-85m for (OK) gears (all this is about pvp)

Susanne
03-16-2018, 07:46 AM
I don't blame people for not having perspective, if you see most of the post here denotes "I", its human psyche - simply dictates: why should others get it easy when I got it hard. And I totally don't blame you guys, as I said before: people got used to bad economy that now they think its normal.

Appreciating the game for new content, comparing it with other games, defining grinding and hard work or giving ideas on how to make gold is not the objective of this thread. This isn't about how you became rich or how to become one.

Understand this: Economy of the game is considered healthy when the average player is able to equip them self to be able to reach and play the endgame, when an everage player is able to afford items by doing the content itself. This isn't about being able to buy expensive vanities. This isn't about luxury. It is about filling the necessity.

So just because you are doing alright, it does not mean everyone is. "I" am wealthy does not equal economy is healthy.
I can totally say everything is cool too and sit with my arms crossed. Because I am in that bracket now where bad economy does not affect me. I am not an average player, I mean I might not be rich, but I have everything I want (now I got Lucky Golem too :)) + I run LB. But then we are just that 5% of the total population of the game. What about the 95%?

The problem is the majority of the players who get affected by this are not even on the forum, hence all I can do is give ideas, ask devs to check the stats and cross my fingers for best.
Ah. Thankyou for this nice post. It just about sums it all up. 🙂

Xxkayakxx
03-16-2018, 08:15 AM

Mmmmmh
Just couple things:
“Economy of the game is considered healthy when...” considered by....? Who?
“able to equip them self to be able to reach and play the endgame, when an everage player is able to afford items by doing the content itself.”
And average player with full dusk/light equip with cheap jawels and a couple of 50-80k pet is ready for mausoleum or elites. So imo basically everyone can run those maps with small effort. Big difference from old times where from Nordr and up to Tindirin you need to be OP just to be able to park and you spent around an hour or more for just 1 map, getting mad for not looting a damm parchment.

So again: economy to me is fine.

But we all looks to luxuries, that’s human nature.

Ucamaeben
03-16-2018, 08:34 AM
Mmmmmh
Just couple things:
“able to equip them self to be able to reach and play the endgame, when an everage player is able to afford items by doing the content itself.”
And average player with full dusk/light equip with cheap jawels and a couple of 50-80k pet is ready for mausoleum or elites. So imo basically everyone can run those maps with small effort. Big difference from old times where from Nordr and up to Tindirin you need to be OP just to be able to park and you spent around an hour or more for just 1 map, getting mad for not looting a damm parchment.

But we all looks to luxuries, that’s human nature.

All people in real life don’t drive land rovers, I, for one, drive a jeep. Yet, I am able to do everything with a jeep that a land rover is capable of.

I don’t have the most OP gear, at least I don’t think so. I want a terror blade, for sure, but I’m fine with a tainted ax because I am able to accomplish what I need to; pull mobs, draw aggro, and do my best to keep party alive.

I hope that I’m fun to run with and people enjoy my company, to me that’s being OP.

See ya all in game!

PsychoNuke
03-16-2018, 11:14 AM
Mmmmmh
Just couple things:

The answer to your question on "Considered by" is a very long read. If you get time read about economics: rules, factors and statistics associated with economy and how it is decided and compared good or bad. Cutting it short in layman terms: in this scenario the devs decides it, so they are the drivers, they decide the value of the currency which is the key factor of deciding its state.

And average player with full dusk/light equip with cheap jawels and a couple of 50-80k pet is ready for mausoleum or elites..

Now if you are telling me that everyone can beat the endgame with level 61 dusk gear with some cheap jewels and a pet which is achievable under 100k, then why don't I see this happening? You "think" it can be done, but do you see it happening? Generalizing the scenario without facts is bad.

I know for a fact that even devs agreed that dusk gear wasn't enough, hence they launched endless/tainted set. Perhaps you missed all the threads discussing gear progressions and how it was affecting the game. But, anyway you are entitled to your opinion, same as I am.

Good for you, but unfortunately economy is not defined by/for 1 person. So, perhaps the correct sentence should be: "I am wealthy and hence the bad market does not affect me". Which was entirely the point of my post. So either you missed the point or you did selective reading.

zauilet
03-16-2018, 12:18 PM

I have been trying to say the same thing since SOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG!! (Except the rich part as im not rich sadly xD)
Yea but who cares? No one. Why? Read my post below

Edit : and lol it is rather hard to believe that approximately, NO ONE is concerned bout new players lol everyone is just happy coz yea they spent their money to get top gl awakenings nd r top dogs rn
If sts wants the game to grow this has to b changed unless sts is happy with current population of arlor
I can already sense the hate coming on this post of mine so ill peacefully leave the thread thnx for reading XD
#RISE!!

Thanks to psycho u spoke it better than i did 😉😉
Edit : i am also very thankful to u as someone(u) who is active in game rn nd ofc rich at same time came forward and said this truth which other most people on forums r afraid to admit mayb because, just like u said, they got adapted to the bad economy(no hate)
Thanx again

Susanne
03-16-2018, 12:44 PM
Who said anything about maus? lol, step into pvp with 50m gears u get rekt, well I’m not saying u need to be 100% max to enter but I was just saying how much it takes , back in 61 20-25m could get u op gears now it’s 80-85m for (OK) gears (all this is about pvp)

You didn't say anything about pvp either, so I assumed you meant pve too. I did think 200m was a bit steep, glad I don't pvp.

Xxkayakxx
03-16-2018, 01:24 PM
The answer to your question on "Considered by" is a very long read. If you get time read about economics: rules, factors and statistics associated with economy and how it is decided and compared good or bad. Cutting it short in layman terms: in this scenario the devs decides it, so they are the drivers, they decide the value of the currency which is the key factor of deciding its state.

Now if you are telling me that everyone can beat the endgame with level 61 dusk gear with some cheap jewels and a pet which is achievable under 100k, then why don't I see this happening? You "think" it can be done, but do you see it happening? Generalizing the scenario without facts is bad.

I know for a fact that even devs agreed that dusk gear wasn't enough, hence they launched endless/tainted set. Perhaps you missed all the threads discussing gear progressions and how it was affecting the game. But, anyway you are entitled to your opinion, same as I am.

Good for you, but unfortunately economy is not defined by/for 1 person. So, perhaps the correct sentence should be: "I am wealthy and hence the bad market does not affect me". Which was entirely the point of my post. So either you missed the point or you did selective reading.

:) I love debates

I let go the “considered by” stuff as we can speak forever about with no end and reading again, I wasn’t very polite, but wasn’t my intention. Sorry for that.
BUT!!!! On the other stuff:
When I say economy is fine for me I mean that IMO game economy is fine, not that I’m rich and I don’t care. I really believe that at whatever level you have cheap opportunities to run maps for the intended level. Better equip/pets/jewels is effort or money. My opinion.

When I say that a lev 61/66 can run endgame maps....I know it can be done. Because I have alters (61,63) with basic gear/pets and NO jewels (it’s not the same stuff as running in OP party but that’s another story!)

And is not that I miss the point of your post. I just have a different opinion as you stated ;)

Ucamaeben
03-16-2018, 05:04 PM
I remember being way undergeared and then I joined a guild, extreme legion. The better geared players helped me through tougher maps and ran with me. Then all of a sudden I started getting experience and making some gold.

This was the time when we were all running elites for egg drops and elite gold chests. Dropping a malison egg was a great day for sure!

For a new player, a guild is essential to making the progression easier. Unfortunately many guilds have level caps, KDR requirements, or other requirements.

There is plenty of things to farm for that’s easy, you just have to put the time in. The time goes by faster with good friends to run with, that’s what I cherish most about this game.

PsychoNuke
03-16-2018, 08:13 PM
:) I love debates

I let go the “considered by” stuff as we can speak forever about with no end and reading again, I wasn’t very polite, but wasn’t my intention. Sorry for that.
BUT!!!! On the other stuff:
When I say economy is fine for me I mean that IMO game economy is fine, not that I’m rich and I don’t care. I really believe that at whatever level you have cheap opportunities to run maps for the intended level. Better equip/pets/jewels is effort or money. My opinion.

When I say that a lev 61/66 can run endgame maps....I know it can be done. Because I have alters (61,63) with basic gear/pets and NO jewels (it’s not the same stuff as running in OP party but that’s another story!)

And is not that I miss the point of your post. I just have a different opinion as you stated ;)

I don't like debates TBH, I try once to get though the person and stop if I see its not going anywhere :)
I do not disagree with your statement, but then tell me how much time and effort are we talking about to elevate from cheap to good and from good to best, keeping in mind that I am a new player and I am only going to do the content (no offers/buying plats/merching/other stuff people mention in the so called gold making guides), just running maps, killing mobs and bosses.

So, What are my chances of getting good gears from bosses? And how long will it take me to reach and gear-up for end game?

PsychoNuke
03-16-2018, 08:23 PM
Ah. Thankyou for this nice post. It just about sums it all up. ��
Don't worry, I will always be there to make it simple for you :p

I have been trying to say the same thing since SOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG!! (Except the rich part as im not rich sadly xD)
Yea but who cares? No one. Why? Read my post below

Thanks to psycho u spoke it better than i did ����
Edit : i am also very thankful to u as someone(u) who is active in game rn nd ofc rich at same time came forward and said this truth which other most people on forums r afraid to admit mayb because, just like u said, they got adapted to the bad economy(no hate)
Thanx again

You are welcome bud :) (oh! and I am not rich, I am just a nab running around collecting APs :p)

Xxkayakxx
03-17-2018, 03:56 AM
I don't like debates TBH, I try once to get though the person and stop if I see its not going anywhere :)
I do not disagree with your statement, but then tell me how much time and effort are we talking about to elevate from cheap to good and from good to best, keeping in mind that I am a new player and I am only going to do the content (no offers/buying plats/merching/other stuff people mention in the so called gold making guides), just running maps, killing mobs and bosses.

So, What are my chances of getting good gears from bosses? And how long will it take me to reach and gear-up for end game?

I think now we got to the point! The quick answer to your question “how much time.....just playing content” is : forever. You will never (exagerate xD) get OP just running maps.
Where my point of view differ from yours is that for me is fair!
AL is FOR FREE. No money involved with purchase of game, you play for free. If I want to grow fast I have to spend money or do the free offers (Studio needs income, nothing wrong with it). If I want to play for free, I have opportunities to do so! But in exchange I have to invest my time (grind lockeds/gold/events) or skills (merch, tyat also involve time xD). Totally fair to me!
And it’s not tyat you can’t run maps with legendary gears and pets you can farm (here I refer to event pets). You can. Obviusly is really hard compared to best gears! But you can.

Where I get confused is understanding why economy is broken. Because was always “broken” from that point of view. Best things always come from lockeds (connected to plats) and a f2p player had always to rely on plat users to spend their money to be able to buy stuff with gold.
And this game wouldn’t survive without anyone buying plats! Studio is not a charity organization xD (even if with all complains they receive compared to “good job” they could reach saint status if they apply xD) they need money to keep the game working. That’s why you will never-ever have AL dropping the best things for free. No incomes.

The good news is that even without plats in around 1 year of grind (rough personal estimation) you can enjoy fully the game, and especially the challenge to do so! :) for free! XD

(Imo :) )

Twomucho
03-17-2018, 05:46 AM
They lost me at smashing barrels and venturing away from luck based drops

PsychoNuke
03-17-2018, 08:48 AM
I think now we got to the point! The quick answer to your question “how much time.....just playing content” is : forever. You will never (exagerate xD) get OP just running maps.

Where my point of view differ from yours is that for me is fair!
AL is FOR FREE. No money involved with purchase of game, you play for free. If I want to grow fast I have to spend money or do the free offers (Studio needs income, nothing wrong with it). If I want to play for free, I have opportunities to do so! But in exchange I have to invest my time (grind lockeds/gold/events) or skills (merch, tyat also involve time xD). Totally fair to me!
And it’s not that you can’t run maps with legendary gears and pets you can farm (here I refer to event pets). You can. Obviusly is really hard compared to best gears! But you can.

Where I get confused is understanding why economy is broken. Because was always “broken” from that point of view. Best things always come from lockeds (connected to plats) and a f2p player had always to rely on plat users to spend their money to be able to buy stuff with gold.
And this game wouldn’t survive without anyone buying plats! Studio is not a charity organization xD (even if with all complains they receive compared to “good job” they could reach saint status if they apply xD) they need money to keep the game working. That’s why you will never-ever have AL dropping the best things for free. No incomes.

The good news is that even without plats in around 1 year of grind (rough personal estimation) you can enjoy fully the game, and especially the challenge to do so! :) for free! XD

(Imo :) )

Now here is the problem, you mixed up monetization of the product and the F2P - P2P business relation to the in-game economy, totally unrelated. Understand this: Plat players or people who do offers and then liquidate it to gold does not add any gold to the economy, they only rotate the gold.
Gold comes to the economy from ingame content and gold sinks ensure that it returns to the game - its the cycle that ensures the stability of the economy, which is currently broken.

This isn't a discussion about if AL should be F2P or P2P, or how monetization works. They are all required and have their own special place.
But, if you think that its alright for an average player to take forever to gear up because its a FREE Game, well then its just sad, and I am sorry to say but you are not aware how this business works.
There is a reason why most of the mmo are made free to play and then have added monetization, it might surprise you but free players are equally important in F2P - P2P model. I will even say that F2P players work as contractors instead of consumers :) (please read about it, it will too long if I explain it here).

So leaving all the factors that does not affect economy (but affect you emotionally :)) the answer to my question is "1 year" or forever.

Now here is the thing, I remember this from a very old interview of Gary (in context to AL) - he said they are totally against pay to win, and they try to add best items as drops in the game. And it is totally there. You can totally OP yourself with the Mythic items and Set items which are launched with every expansion. Yes these items comes from chests, as well as dropped from the content.

So in an ideal scenario the game was designed in a way that P2P players can have arcane rarity item or, some advantage and bonus for paying, but at the same time, free players can achieve set items, mythic items by investing time.

Now in order to that to work there are 2 factors:
1) In-game content should provide the necessity in terms of gold/gear etc. Basically making the player content/expansion ready.
2) The player should be able to achieve the set items and mythic gear in the period of that expansion. Which means - regulation of items based on the player time invested and the expansion time remaining.

When this model fails, people start finding alternatives, and then those alternatives becomes trends. "Need" only gives an upper hand to the already wealthy to rotate the gold which in long term causes inflation. Merching is an in-game profession, this game is not built around merching, hence its optional. An optional component should not have upper hand on the economy, it should not be a driver to make in-game currency.

So, as I said before: Yes, you think its normal and fair because you are born into it, or got used to it.

(Now I quit :p I cannot have more boring conversations like this :D)

Xxkayakxx
03-17-2018, 09:00 AM
Now here is the problem, you mixed up monetization of the product and the F2P - P2P business relation to the in-game economy, totally unrelated. Understand this: Plat players or people who do offers and then liquidate it to gold does not add any gold to the economy, they only rotate the gold.
Gold comes to the economy from ingame content and gold sinks ensure that it returns to the game - its the cycle that ensures the stability of the economy, which is currently broken.

This isn't a discussion about if AL should be F2P or P2P, or how monetization works. They are all required and have their own special place.
But, if you think that its alright for an average player to take forever to gear up because its a FREE Game, well then its just sad, and I am sorry to say but you are not aware how this business works.
There is a reason why most of the mmo are made free to play and then have added monetization, it might surprise you but free players are equally important in F2P - P2P model. I will even say that F2P players work as contractors instead of consumers :) (please read about it, it will too long if I explain it here).

So leaving all the factors that does not affect economy (but affect you emotionally :)) the answer to my question is "1 year" or forever.

Now here is the thing, I remember this from a very old interview of Gary (in context to AL) - he said they are totally against pay to win, and they try to add best items as drops in the game. And it is totally there. You can totally OP yourself with the Mythic items and Set items which are launched with every expansion. Yes these items comes from chests, as well as dropped from the content.

So in an ideal scenario the game was designed in a way that P2P players can have arcane rarity item or, some advantage and bonus for paying, but at the same time, free players can achieve set items, mythic items by investing time.

1) In-game content should provide the necessity in terms of gold/gear etc. Basically making the player content/expansion ready.
2) The player should be able to achieve the set items and mythic gear in the period of that expansion. Which means - regulation of items based on the player time invested and the expansion time remaining.

When this model fails, people start finding alternatives, and then those alternatives becomes trends. "Need" only gives an upper hand to the already wealthy to rotate the gold which in long term causes inflation. Merching is an in-game profession, this game is not built around merching, hence its optional. An optional component should not have upper hand on the economy, it should not be a driver to make in-game currency.

So, as I said before: Yes, you think its normal and fair because you are born into it, or got used to it.

You are right I’m wrong :)
Cya in game!
Have fun (you need)

PsychoNuke
03-17-2018, 09:14 AM
Cya in game!
Have fun (you need)

Wow, not that easy, you better buy me a drink 1st for making me write all that intellectual crap (which nobody care about) :p

Susanne
03-17-2018, 09:18 AM
I have a headache now. Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Xxkayakxx
03-17-2018, 11:22 AM
Wow, not that easy, you better buy me a drink 1st for making me write all that intellectual crap (which nobody care about) :p

Anytime :)

11chars

zauilet
03-17-2018, 01:20 PM

I must say i havent met a wise person like u till now seriously (not mocking)
I agree with all on all u typed specially on the fact that content should b released in such a way that a f2p is able to gear himself up (with the stuff released with expansion) before expansion comes to an end nd sadly what is happening in game rn is completely opposite to this :/
So less people (in comparison to the people who play al) r on forums cmon atleast think about majority of people who r not here
Try to do something like a survey and see for urself if people r happy with current game state
Although im not sure but im confident that majority will not b happy nd by saying this i do not mean that sts is not trying to bring balance to game we know they r trying their best since start of 2018 . the reason for unhappiness has already been explained by psycho in the best way possible :D

Cya in game!
Have fun (you need)
He is dam for sure right :D
Some people might now think that im doing *** licking of psycho well im not never did it till now and never will (of anyone)
Its just that this guy deserves it (imo) he as got true knowledge about economy of the game
I would recommend forumers and developers to read his posts on this thread (it hardly takes few minutes)
Cheers :D

Xxkayakxx
03-17-2018, 02:52 PM
You are right too :)
I would like to see a game like that.
Cheers

suckyiknow
03-17-2018, 11:31 PM

Cya in game!
Have fun (you need)
Now that's how you win an argument. Mad props.
(Agree with everything btw)

Xxkayakxx
03-18-2018, 04:20 AM
I was enjoying the discussion, as he’s clearly more knowladgable then me in economy, but he closed the exchange after giving me the lesson and saying it’s boring for him (that’s why I say he need fun :) )
Still think he’s right on the “ideal” economy side, but not on AL economy (my personal-non-professional point of view of economy.....I know xD).

Psycho I tried to friend you in game to show you that you can play contents with cheap equip, but you don’t accept friends invitations.
Friend me if u want :) I will be glad to run with you in game, both for opinions exchange (can skip this if you don’t like xD) or simply to enjoy togheter the game seems we both love ;)
Again, have fun :)

PsychoNuke
03-18-2018, 05:02 AM
@Thread: Nobody actually won, its only a win when things change in game, discussing our hearts out about problems here is actually pointless if its not acted upon in real. Hence I stopped that conversation ;). Now stop teasing on the argument or I might loose my free drink :p

@Kayak: Psychonuke is just an alter ego and a name reserved by my alt. My main is unknown to the forum, and I would like to keep it that way ;)

Xxkayakxx
03-18-2018, 05:58 AM
@Thread: Nobody actually won, its only a win when things change in game, discussing our hearts out about problems here is actually pointless if its not acted upon in real. Hence I stopped that conversation ;). Now stop teasing on the argument or I might loose my free drink :p

@Kayak: Psychonuke is just an alter ego and a name reserved by my alt. My main is unknown to the forum, and I would like to keep it that way ;)

K np :) totally understandable !
Maybe we are already friend in game xD
And you deserve a dinner not just a drink xD

Zaizor
03-18-2018, 11:15 AM

This is exactly why I stopped playing months ago. I was/am a long time player, since near the beginning of the game. However, I go to work, I spend time with my family, and when I'd sit down to "play" this game, I'd have to ask, "Do I grind for gold in the Maus? Do I grind for loot at Elite Southern Gates?" and it didn't feel like I was "playing" a game, or having fun playing a game. It felt like a second job. So I stopped. I'm kinda waiting to see if it'll be fun again, or if this is it.

Twomucho
03-18-2018, 05:52 PM
When they listened to forums and stopped having a luck based economy they lost the “fun”, bc people think the chance of winning the lottery is way more fun than going to a 40 hour a week job, but wth do I know

thekragle
03-20-2018, 09:03 AM
This is exactly why I stopped playing months ago. I was/am a long time player, since near the beginning of the game. However, I go to work, I spend time with my family, and when I'd sit down to "play" this game, I'd have to ask, "Do I grind for gold in the Maus? Do I grind for loot at Elite Southern Gates?" and it didn't feel like I was "playing" a game, or having fun playing a game. It felt like a second job. So I stopped. I'm kinda waiting to see if it'll be fun again, or if this is it.

Here's the thing though, the very nature of an rpg is intrigue, adventure and hard work. But that's why some don't like RPGs, because it is work to be the best. AL is special though because it is like a 24/7 leaderboard. Everyone is constantly trying to keep up with the best.

To have that moment when a friend or newbie PM's you and says "wow, nice stats" or "how did you get that weapon or aura". That keeps most grinding and playing. AL is less story, and more about trying to be the best and show off to others in game. Imagine for one second how different the game would be if only one feature was turned off. The feature of being able to click on another player and see thier stats. AL would be much more boring if it weren't for that.

Zynzyn
03-20-2018, 04:59 PM
Imagine for one second how different the game would be if only one feature was turned off. The feature of being able to click on another player and see thier stats. AL would be much more boring if it weren't for that.

Speaking of features, does anybody know what does the ticking/unticking PIXEL DOUBLE in options do?

#curious

DmgDealer
03-23-2018, 05:01 PM
Everything is balanced, you can't expect new players to be as rich as old players. Just work hard and grind 10hrs a day, if you want to compete so much. Personally I am f2p and have played couple of months and I am already exalted with 10m gold which I earned from 1 event (no luck involved just pure grind). Its very easy to earn gold you just spend your time on grinding or pay to win.

Lojack
03-23-2018, 05:16 PM
Speaking of features, does anybody know what does the ticking/unticking PIXEL DOUBLE in options do?

#curious

It's a performance thing for older devices. It basically renders the scene smaller and then blows it up to size, which is why the image quality goes down when you use it.

Flamesofanger
03-25-2018, 05:30 AM
The current state of the game is absolutely fine as it is, There are alot of players on and it's pretty active and fun!!! hehe ^_^

I just ran some elite kraken 1st map runs and looted plenty of lockeds with the help of luck re-rolls! Luck is very useful and fun to farm things with it! :D