PDA

View Full Version : Question. About Lb Vanities (Not a complaint thread)

Jhawkeye
03-16-2018, 09:06 PM
In recent conversation it was mentioned that lb vanities should never be tradeable by Vroom.

My question is what benefits does that have for AL?

It’s a serious question I think many players have and would like to know the reasoning behind because:
1. We spend millions of in-game gold and for many hundreds of irl dollars.
A. We do this, yes to have the vanities, but some also to make a little money back of early sales or hoard for later (nothing wrong with hoarding in an economy imo even though I don’t do it), or just wear to show our accomplishments (what I’m guessing Vroom meant)

2. The economy thrives at a higher level off of lb vanities
A. Recent Lb vanities have for the most part brought merchers nice amounts of money (merchers drive, not run, the economy believe it or not); older lb vanities give players something to strive for as well as a bigger bit of a gold sink (althought probably small in comparison to the 1 pull tavern crates >.>), and another way for merchers to earn money or hoarders to hoard.

3. Those who weren’t around at the time have a chance to wear some higher class limited items from that period of AL
A. Not many things compare to the rareness or cool factor lb vanities have

4. The banners (besides balloon) are untradeable and show who actually ran the event, and a few other pieces like that goblin head thingy.
A. Not every lb should be lb runner exclusive variety items right? (Maybe I’m wrong) Because for me when I run lb I’d like to have something that I know at least holds value in it. I know most ppl I’ve talked to aren’t running lb solely because they love the vanities but because they love the prospect those vanities bring as well.

5. We have an npc to talk to to waste gold on untradeable vanities

I probably left a few key points off. I don’t want this thread to be too long and I don’t want to sound like I’m complaining. Just listing some things I feel and I know others feel like we would like to be addressed if it is true that no lb vanities will be tradeable in the future. I can agree that maybe some shouldn’t but not ALL from every lb. maybe the smaller ones could be tradeable and the bigger events lb specific. Idk I’m just spitballing but thanks for any insight anyone.

Zeridor
03-17-2018, 12:40 AM
I think all lb vanity should be tradeable and some lb banners could be too and some could be untradeable easy solution I think xD.

inoxera
03-17-2018, 12:46 AM
ye this is a big problem because i sold all my items to run in this event. a big lost bec they dont tell us the the first of event. really disappointed in this event. how can i back what lost :/ precise only 5-6m, maybe around 8m total plus magna and victus after event.. almost 6days before it ends. how sad for this untradable vanity.

Krystalteam
03-17-2018, 08:48 AM
Personally, I'd strongly support LB vanities (e.g. Frankenstein Set), to be tradable. It allows those who possess more, financial allowance but do not have time, to have a touch at the vanities they dream of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justg
03-17-2018, 09:42 AM
Interesting question, we're definitely listening.

Suentous PO
03-17-2018, 09:44 AM
Odd coming from pl where things weren't tradable, then all was made tradable to disrupt the black market.
Come to al where all was tradable, now some isn't? I don't get it.

I don't care about vanities peronally but I think it's in the interest of sts to keep some players like J & Blaqq (to name a couple guildies) happy, as I see how much time and money they put into the game for events.

Vanquishier
03-17-2018, 10:01 AM
Let’s make all untradeable to trade-able then problem solve forever

Abuze
03-17-2018, 10:21 AM
I think all lb vanity should be tradeable and some lb banners could be too and some could be untradeable easy solution I think xD.

Ye no -1 to what you said, all banners should remain untradeable, what happened to balloon banner should never be repeated

PsychoNuke
03-17-2018, 10:53 AM
hmm.. isn't it sad that a MMO economy is driven by an optional component. A in-game option of trading which then turned into a profession by players has upper hand on economy than the content itself.

@OP: IMO, (after reading all the opinions and fights from all the thread related to rare vanities, LB items, and especially after the thread on getting old items back in game) I understand that its better to keep these things untradable (just to avoid future issues).
To be honest we don't want to get into that rare vanity for 500m loop again. Sorry, but your aspiration for running LB can be anything, and you will be rewarded for it. But then you want flexibility to horde and liquidate those items for your future is not a good ask. Please don't seek best of both worlds just because you got the blings :) (no hate intended).

Arkiouj
03-17-2018, 12:48 PM
All LB vanities should be tradeable imo. Banners? absolutely not, they show who actually ran the event. the rich shouldn't be able to buy everything

Jhawkeye
03-17-2018, 01:18 PM
hmm.. isn't it sad that a MMO economy is driven by an optional component. A in-game option of trading which then turned into a profession by players has upper hand on economy than the content itself.

@OP: IMO, (after reading all the opinions and fights from all the thread related to rare vanities, LB items, and especially after the thread on getting old items back in game) I understand that its better to keep these things untradable (just to avoid future issues).
To be honest we don't want to get into that rare vanity for 500m loop again. Sorry, but your aspiration for running LB can be anything, and you will be rewarded for it. But then you want flexibility to horde and liquidate those items for your future is not a good ask. Please don't seek best of both worlds just because you got the blings :) (no hate intended).

I’m not understanding what you mean sorry. Are you saying that people who are good at trading shouldn’t run an economy based on trading?

Also not understanding how having a 500m price tag (obtainable) is worse than not being able to obtain an op vanity at all.

Edit: Not to mention that only 1-2 lb vanities can be sold 500m. Jester sets aren’t from a lb to clear anyones confusion.

Jhawkeye
03-17-2018, 01:27 PM
Interesting question, we're definitely listening.

I and Im sure everyone else really appreciates the interest in the topic haha this is a big part of not just the idea of lb running but the economy as well

Kakashis
03-17-2018, 02:03 PM
I've always preferred lb vanities to be tradable. Not everyone has the time to run these events, but are ok in dropping some money / spending saved up gold to just buy directly off the winners. Gives people with the means to have something unique, and gives people who have the time to earn some gold for their efforts. Untradable vanities would go to only the people who have the means and the time. Only a handful of those players around.

I'm okay with future vanities being untradable as well. Those 500m vanities are coming back recolored which is good enough for most. Part of the high price came from the rarity and the uniqueness I think. Recoloring them at least gives people the opportunity to own the uniqueness part. They're relatively rare as well :)

arcanefid
03-17-2018, 02:49 PM
Most people run LBs just to sell that vanity to get their money back, and also some profit. + they get to keep the non tradeable part of rewards. And also Precise jewels and runes and stuff.

I think overall it's not very fair as it is, because people who don't have time to play Event LB will be forced to pay whatever the runners want, so I have a suggestion.

Ideally I would make both the vanity and banner from LBs non tradeable. But also put a super rare non tradeable version in event Locks, so those people who don't have time for LB, can also spend some cash to get that special vanity. And the LB runners get it "for free". One note though would be to make the lock vanities only be for your class so RNG won't troll us.

I think that will also give more reason for the "neutral" players to run event, because locks will be wanted and they're relatively easy to loot. No one gives up on them. XD

Perceval
03-17-2018, 05:23 PM
-1 to tradable lb vanities. I like the similar-looking-crate-alternative idea.

Maybe a "run to win" instead of "run to sell" logic will change the way people see AL lb events for the better.

Jhawkeye
03-17-2018, 06:26 PM
-1 to tradable lb vanities. I like the similar-looking-crate-alternative idea.

Maybe a "run to win" instead of "run to sell" logic will change the way people see AL lb events for the better.

Not everyone is run to sell though. And the competition is intensified when different types of people can see different types of reasons for running. Also just releasing crates that have the same looking vanities as lb in my opinion is a terrible idea saying as how lb vanities are one of the few completely original items people have a chance to own

Krystalteam
03-17-2018, 06:33 PM
I’m not understanding what you mean sorry. Are you saying that people who are good at trading shouldn’t run an economy based on trading?

Also not understanding how having a 500m price tag (obtainable) is worse than not being able to obtain an op vanity at all.

Edit: Not to mention that only 1-2 lb vanities can be sold 500m. Jester sets aren’t from a lb to clear anyones confusion.

1-2lb vanities. I sense the presence of the Ice Golem?

Perceval
03-17-2018, 06:38 PM
Not everyone is run to sell though. And the competition is intensified when different types of people can see different types of reasons for running. Also just releasing crates that have the same looking vanities as lb in my opinion is a terrible idea saying as how lb vanities are one of the few completely original items people have a chance to own
I said "similar-looking" (e.g. the current brawler vanities available in crates) not "same looking". If you want the original, do what you must to put real life on hold, otherwise be satisfied with a similar looking but not original version.

A lesson should be learnt from 400-600m-outside-the-trade-window-help-me-sts-I-got-scammed-because-I-didn't-follow-the-rules-i'll-make-a-thread-to-announce-it-lb-vanities.

Paw
03-17-2018, 06:52 PM
Going to have to go against this one sorry hawk. I prefer the rewards being untradable as it provides a good gold sink. Even though i do see why runners would want it tradable. Just look at enhanced shadowspire wings, those who ran it are already making gold back on it if they havent sold it already.

I personaly would love to run every event and make my gold back each time too but for the good of the game i feel untradable is the way to go

PsychoNuke
03-17-2018, 09:40 PM

Yes, irrespective of how wealthy an individual is, they should not be able to run the economy. Only devs should have the power to drive the economy. (Want to know why and how it impacts? Read my posts here - https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?419364-Are-you-happy-with-the-current-game-state&p=2805920#post2805920)

There are two things here:
#1) LB is suppose to be a gold sink. Suppose you invest 50m getting top 10, now if you want to have the LB items tradable, obviously the price of that item becomes: gold invested + hard work cost + profit (that's the formula applied currently, and sadly all of the variables are decided by the owner). So lets say you sell the item for 80m (fair?). Where is the sink? instead you made more than you invested + you got the LB tag.

#2) Gold should not be the answer to everything. You want that OP vanity put in the hard work. You already have the gold to buy the OP vanity - use it to buy energy kit and run for LB top 10. Making it untradable only bring more competition to the LB (if they really want it, they will run for it now).

You still don't want to run then wait to spend that gold till the recolored versions are launched. I think making LB items unreadable is the right step.

Jhawkeye
03-17-2018, 10:19 PM
Yes, irrespective of how wealthy an individual is, they should not be able to run the economy. Only devs should have the power to drive the economy. (Want to know why and how it impacts? Read my posts here - https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?419364-Are-you-happy-with-the-current-game-state&p=2805920#post2805920)

There are two things here:
#1) LB is suppose to be a gold sink. Suppose you invest 50m getting top 10, now if you want to have the LB items tradable, obviously the price of that item becomes: gold invested + hard work cost + profit (that's the formula applied currently, and sadly all of the variables are decided by the owner). So lets say you sell the item for 80m (fair?). Where is the sink? instead you made more than you invested + you got the LB tag.

#2) Gold should not be the answer to everything. You want that OP vanity put in the hard work. You already have the gold to buy the OP vanity - use it to buy energy kit and run for LB top 10. Making it untradable only bring more competition to the LB (if they really want it, they will run for it now).

You still don't want to run then wait to spend that gold till the recolored versions are launched. I think making LB items unreadable is the right step.

The economy is driven on multiple factors. The devs of course do influence it heavily. Hence this conversation. No one group of ppl run the economy so that argument has no place in this discussion.

1. Where was it mentioned lbs were meant to be a gold sink? I thouht they were lbs to run for exclusive items and that’s ignoring if they’re tradeable or not.

2. Gold isn’t in answer it’s an alternative

I’m not going to argue your points in detail because you are entitled to your opinion I’m just giving you a little insight on my view as well

Jhawkeye
03-17-2018, 10:24 PM
Going to have to go against this one sorry hawk. I prefer the rewards being untradable as it provides a good gold sink. Even though i do see why runners would want it tradable. Just look at enhanced shadowspire wings, those who ran it are already making gold back on it if they havent sold it already.

I personaly would love to run every event and make my gold back each time too but for the good of the game i feel untradable is the way to go

The first week those wings dropped they were 70m because that’s what it cost the lb runners. They’re now 45-50m

I can understand both sides althought I sway more towards at least most of them being tradeable. My question is more of what benefit does making them untradeable pose? And how will that effect lb running. Because instead of spending 70m to run lb for a vanity that’s untradeable and gonna be available via a recolor that is tradeable, I’d skip lb and I feel quite a few ppl would sway that way but idk. That’s why I posed the question. Because less ppl running for lb and spending the money that events draw in seems dangerous to the community to me.

Perceval
03-17-2018, 10:39 PM
The first week those wings dropped they were 70m because that’s what it cost the lb runners. They’re now 45-50m

I can understand both sides althought I sway more towards at least most of them being tradeable. My question is more of what benefit does making them untradeable pose? And how will that effect lb running. Because instead of spending 70m to run lb for a vanity that’s untradeable and gonna be available via a recolor that is tradeable, I’d skip lb and I feel quite a few ppl would sway that way but idk. That’s why I posed the question. Because less ppl running for lb and spending the money that events draw in seems dangerous to the community to me.
Maybe we should ask sts why timed run banners and PvP leaderboard banners are untradable. I think the answer to that kinda solves this discussion.

Jhawkeye
03-17-2018, 10:51 PM
Maybe we should ask sts why timed run banners and PvP leaderboard banners are untradable. I think the answer to that kinda solves this discussion.

That’s a banner. If a seperate prize came with those I would hope that at least some of them would be tradeable

PsychoNuke
03-18-2018, 02:08 AM
The economy is driven on multiple factors. The devs of course do influence it heavily. Hence this conversation. No one group of ppl run the economy so that argument has no place in this discussion.

1. Where was it mentioned lbs were meant to be a gold sink? I thouht they were lbs to run for exclusive items and that’s ignoring if they’re tradeable or not.

2. Gold isn’t in answer it’s an alternative

I’m not going to argue your points in detail because you are entitled to your opinion I’m just giving you a little insight on my view as well

Hmm these are your statements:
"This is a big part of not just the idea of lb running but the economy as well"
"Are you saying that people who are good at trading shouldn’t run an economy based on trading?"
"No one group of ppl run the economy so that argument has no place in this discussion."

1st decide what is your discussion and stop contradicting yourself. Then get one thing straight: The economy is not based on trading.
Have facts and reasons to back you statements, diverting it with vague reasoning is just waste of time. Perhaps you did not read the thread I pointed in my previous post (please do).

1. Where it's mentioned LB is not meant to be gold sink (two can play that game :)). Exclusivity of an item does not change irrespective if its tradable or not.

IMO currently LB is the biggest gold sink (if items kept untradable). Making the items tradable will only make a paradox. A constant loop of same players running LB - liquidating the items to make profit - then using that gold to run LB again. Rotating the gold, making higher profits every loop.

If you are not concerned about making gold out of your win then you should not even be bothered if the items are tradable or not.

2. Right, let me reiterate myself then: Gold should not be an answer or an alternative to get LB items.
If you want to win the prize of a competition, the only way should be to participate and give your best to win it. Its as simple as that.

There is no argument here. Its only an argument when both parties have reasons and facts supporting their stand :)

Magemagix
03-18-2018, 02:38 AM
I didnt run any main event lb top 10( top 25-50 mostly) bt i still prefer vanities to be non tradeable , it makes them rare nd shows the hard work to get them. I knw its a gold sink, bt it i want the vanity i can spend gold nd time for it.

If u think that banner shows the hard work. No it doesnt becoz top 50 get the same banner. U cant distinguish top 10 frm 50 with it. Nd top 10 take alot of time nd effort.

Only if top 10 get extra banner along with top 50 banner reward, then vanities can be made tradeable imo.

Sent from my 2014818 using Tapatalk

Jhawkeye
03-18-2018, 02:40 AM
Hmm these are your statements:
"This is a big part of not just the idea of lb running but the economy as well"
"Are you saying that people who are good at trading shouldn’t run an economy based on trading?"
"No one group of ppl run the economy so that argument has no place in this discussion."

1st decide what is your discussion and stop contradicting yourself. Then get one thing straight: The economy is not based on trading.
Have facts and reasons to back you statements, diverting it with vague reasoning is just waste of time. Perhaps you did not read the thread I pointed in my previous post (please do).

1. Where it's mentioned LB is not meant to be gold sink (two can play that game :)). Exclusivity of an item does not change irrespective if its tradable or not.

IMO currently LB is the biggest gold sink (if items kept untradable). Making the items tradable will only make a paradox. A constant loop of same players running LB - liquidating the items to make profit - then using that gold to run LB again. Rotating the gold, making higher profits every loop.

If you are not concerned about making gold out of your win then you should not even be bothered if the items are tradable or not.

2. Right, let me reiterate myself then: Gold should not be an answer or an alternative to get LB items.
If you want to win the prize of a competition, the only way should be to participate and give your best to win it. Its as simple as that.

There is no argument here. Its only an argument when both parties have reasons and facts supporting their stand :)

Where did I contradict myself lol? The economy is influenced by a multitude of things including lbs and ppl who are good at trading.

No I didn’t read your thread.

The discussion is on how making lbs that ARE currently tradeable, untradeable will impact AL. Noone is making anything tradeable as the “current gold sink” is already tradeable.

There are only a few ppl who always run lb and that’s not because they sell the lb items that they normally keep.

Your statements make it seem as though you’ve never ran a lb yourself or dealt with lb items.

Vanquishier
03-18-2018, 03:22 AM
Buy Goblin Gas Mask ��

PsychoNuke
03-18-2018, 03:31 AM
Where did I contradict myself lol? The economy is influenced by a multitude of things including lbs and ppl who are good at trading.

No I didn’t read your thread.

The discussion is on how making lbs that ARE currently tradeable, untradeable will impact AL. Noone is making anything tradeable as the “current gold sink” is already tradeable.

There are only a few ppl who always run lb and that’s not because they sell the lb items that they normally keep.

Your statements make it seem as though you’ve never ran a lb yourself or dealt with lb items.

Your post does not add any value to the thread.
I gave you the reason why LB items should not be tradable. I gave the reason how it impacts AL and its economy,
But you totally ignored everything and all you did was repeat the question again with addition of some assumptions and baseless statements on me.

I can only reason with a person who is intellectually capable of understanding it. Hence I am out of this conversation. Ty.

Telgu
03-18-2018, 04:32 AM
1)Ok so here we go , this is the main reason why Sts have stopped making lb vanities tradable just like many mmorpgs players should keep their lb and players who didn’t win the prize and just buy a lb vanity makes lb events no point
2) STS HAVE UNDERSTOOD THAT PLAYERS ARE SELLING LB VANITIES FOR 50M gold + WHICH CAUSES THEM TO LOOSE MONEY AND THE LB RUNNERS MAKING **** LOADS OF MONEY , I know exactly what’s this topic is about and yes 100% agree with Sts lb vanities should be untradable and therefore true lb runners will grind for it as recognition of their vanity , thanks @Justg.

pretzel
03-18-2018, 08:01 AM
Since energy can only be bought with platinum, LB is not a gold sink. All the gold spent to buy energy stays in game.
I may miss something there but I don't think the trade of expensive vanities have much impact on the economy. It is just the transfer of big sums between wealthy people, it doesn't affect the prices of other items. I can see the moral issue in allowing people to buy and sell something that's meant to show some achievement.

What does have an impact on the economy and on STS is how many people are running for LB and how competitive LB is:
If more people run for LB and/or more points are needed to reach LB, more items are looted from event bosses or mobs, more items are bought from vendors, more items are looted from events chests and the prices of those items drop.

I am with Jhawkeye in thinking that the main question is: what is the best incentive to make people run for LB, tradeable or untradeable vanities ?

PS: I am not rich in game and I don't run for LB so you can dismiss my opinion as much as you want !

Telgu
03-18-2018, 08:03 AM
@Justg Alright here it is, whoever made this post don't lie its simply easy to see that your unhappy and are complaining about Lb vanities being tradable, I assume none makes a thread about lb vanities for no reason?
That aside here is why Vroomigofast and the whole dev team via Sts have made Lb vanities untradable.

From a professional Point of View-

1) Sts have understood how they're loosing money$$by giving free money to lb players from lb players selling their vanities for ridiculous amount of gold as well Sts have understood not only that but how they are loosing $$ from each lb vanity thats tradable.

Sts loose alot of money by giving lb vanities away and making it tradable, for e.g.- a player wins lets say a winter event and gets given a ice golem set for coming 2nd place. Now that player will sell the ice golem vanity for 300m+ and not only does that mean sts are providing free money for players from event but 600m> is more than 20k platinum currency which is worth way over 3000$ which sts are handing out for lb runners and to control this and not loose or give economy away to lb runner, they have made the right decision to not allow Lb vanities to be tradable, and i am proud they have made this decision , lb vanities are not meant to be tradable rather permanent keepable after all what is the point if a another player has a lb vanity that he didn't earn but bought , guess it wouldn't be called lb vanity then? see my point, Good job Justg and Vroomigofast for making this decision now only true lb runners will go for lb , and as well anyone thinking yes sts understood how much players sell those lb vanities for and how much economy they are giving away in a event, good job Justg, Vroomigofast, i 100% support that you maintain it this way and make lb vanities untradable, appreciated.

100% support @Justg dont change your decision and make sure Lb vanities are untradable permanently this will make sure to reveal only hardworking true lb runners , keep up the handwork, don't change your decision Vroomigofast keep Lb vanities untradable and hope to see Arcane legends shine in 2018 and hopefully become alot more active as it was in 2015 GL, keep up the hardwork sts @justg @vroomigofast don't change your decision. Warning now, as well keep up the hardwork Sts appreciated.

Ing- Telgu.

inoxera
03-18-2018, 08:30 AM
you guys dont know why other runs in lb its because of profit. we all need gold in game you that. you dont understand because you didnt run to get on top. the reason they want it tradable its because they want their gold back. but this event it doesnt annouce early before they run. thats why lost of gold for those who are in top. sometimes you guys dont know the feelings of others thats why you dont care about.

PsychoNuke
03-18-2018, 08:40 AM
Since energy can only be bought with platinum, LB is not a gold sink. All the gold spent to buy energy stays in game.
I may miss something there but I don't think the trade of expensive vanities have much impact on the economy. It is just the transfer of big sums between wealthy people, it doesn't affect the prices of other items. I can see the moral issue in allowing people to buy and sell something that's meant to show some achievement.

What does have an impact on the economy and on STS is how many people are running for LB and how competitive LB is:
If more people run for LB and/or more points are needed to reach LB, more items are looted from event bosses or mobs, more items are bought from vendors, more items are looted from events chests and the prices of those items drop.

I am with Jhawkeye in thinking that the main question is: what is the best incentive to make people run for LB, tradeable or untradeable vanities ?

PS: I am not rich in game and I don't run for LB so you can dismiss my opinion as much as you want !

I dont deny that energy can only bought using plat. It is true. But generalizing it, and saying all LB runners use plat to run LB is wrong. I for a fact use gold to buy energy, my guild mates who run top25 or top10 sometimes use plats, but mostly prefer spending gold on energy. So lets not generalize it.
Other than that the reward given to the LB players for reaching specific ranks it-self is the incentive to run the LB. People who are interested in those items will run for LB, people who are not interested in those rewards simply should not.

Jhawkeye
03-18-2018, 09:09 AM
@Psycho I won’t be upset if lb vanities aren’t tradeable (maybe a little bit for this current lb because I’m top 10 and running for a vanity I was going to trade to a war one) but you’re making claims that are only supported by words that make you sound like you know what you’re talking about and it’s not helpful to the post at all. Not to mention you keep attempting to insult my intelligence.

You keep saying how it impacts Al if lb vanities are tradeable as if it’s been terrible since they ARE currently tradeable for the most part, but you aren’t giving any evidence of it being a bad nor good thing whether they are tradeable or untradeable.

Jhawkeye
03-18-2018, 09:12 AM
@Justg Alright here it is, whoever made this post don't lie its simply easy to see that your unhappy and are complaining about Lb vanities being tradable, I assume none makes a thread about lb vanities for no reason?
That aside here is why Vroomigofast and the whole dev team via Sts have made Lb vanities untradable.

1) Sts have understood how they're loosing money$$by giving free money to lb players from lb players selling their vanities for ridiculous amount of gold as well Sts have understood not only that but how they are loosing $$ from each lb vanity thats tradable.

Sts loose alot of money by giving lb vanities away and making it tradable, for e.g.- a player wins lets say a winter event and gets given a ice golem set for coming 2nd place. Now that player will sell the ice golem vanity for 300m+ and not only does that mean sts are providing free money for players from event but 600m> is more than 20k platinum currency which is worth way over 3000$ which sts are handing out for lb runners and to control this and not loose or give economy away to lb runner, they have made the right decision to not allow Lb vanities to be tradable, and i am proud they have made this decision , lb vanities are not meant to be tradable rather permanent keepable after all what is the point if a another player has a lb vanity that he didn't earn but bought , guess it wouldn't be called lb vanity then? see my point, Good job Justg and Vroomigofast for making this decision now only true lb runners will go for lb , and as well anyone thinking yes sts understood how much players sell those lb vanities for and how much economy they are giving away in a event, good job Justg, Vroomigofast, i 100% support that you maintain it this way and make lb vanities untradable, appreciated.

100% support @Justg dont change your decision and make sure Lb vanities are untradable permanently this will make sure to reveal only hardworking true lb runners , keep up the handwork, don't change your decision Vroomigofast keep Lb vanities untradable and hope to see Arcane legends shine in 2018 and hopefully become alot more active as it was in 2015 GL, keep up the handwork sts @justg @vroomigofast don't change your decision. Warning now, as well keep up the hardwork Sts appreciated.

Ing- Telgu.

You make a very valid point actually and I can agree with you.

However I have a question for you. Who’s to say that by making lb vanities untradeable as a whole within a few years or maybe months the black market has a new selling point. Account traders coming from everywhere offering lb vanities?

PsychoNuke
03-18-2018, 09:47 AM

100% support @Justg dont change your decision and make sure Lb vanities are untradable permanently this will make sure to reveal only hardworking true lb runners , keep up the handwork, don't change your decision Vroomigofast keep Lb vanities untradable and hope to see Arcane legends shine in 2018 and hopefully become alot more active as it was in 2015 GL, keep up the handwork sts @justg @vroomigofast don't change your decision. Warning now, as well keep up the hardwork Sts appreciated.

Ing- Telgu.

Wow, I would have never thought of this. Thanks for adding it to my perspective :)
My support just doubled if the said is true.

phillyr
03-18-2018, 10:09 AM
I feel like people should be able to do what they want with their items. Running simple small maps over and over day in and day out is exhausting and can be quite costly. Some run it for the glory, some run it for the gain.
I say give LB vanities an aura upon earning it, then loses aura once traded. That would differentiate between the earners and the buyers. Banners should be untradeable also. That would also tell who put the work and gold into said event

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Twomucho
03-18-2018, 11:03 AM
You people are ruining the game with your views and sts “listening” to people who can’t see the numbers on what makes them money in the end to keep the game running is truly insane.

Alwarez
03-18-2018, 11:04 AM
+1 to untradeable.
Economy should not be manipulated by guys who buy vanities after event end and then sell them 600m after

Twomucho
03-18-2018, 11:08 AM
There is no gold sink in selling energy you bought for plat or buying energy someone bought for plat, the gold is still in the games economy unless there is an undercover sts operative selling energy in auction and deleting the gold as it comes in.

Twomucho
03-18-2018, 11:34 AM
What will people with 300m spend thier gold on ? So the gap between rich and poor should grow bigger? Why do you think this is a gold sink? It cost around 80m to run lb for shadowspire wings, you should know they don’t sell for this? The game wasn’t broken but it’s going to be?

Avaree
03-18-2018, 11:41 AM
There is no gold sink in selling energy you bought for plat or buying energy someone bought for plat, the gold is still in the games economy unless there is an undercover sts operative selling energy in auction and deleting the gold as it comes in.

I agree, you would have to purchase the energy with gold from an npc. See Sir Spendsalot, a.k.a. "Gold Sink".

Jhawkeye
03-18-2018, 11:44 AM
Not a single lb vanity besides golem, ice spirit and ice golem go anywhere near 600m people. Idk why that’s even coming up on this thread. And those are only going to go for 600m if people pay that. Not to mention most people who have them aren’t selling them. Same as if they were untradeable.

The most recent lb vanities excluding lb wings which were 70m haven’t gone past 50m. Frank, Medusa, and Halloween ghost sets are 150-200 and look at how old those sets are. That’s why they cost so much.

Now take us back a year,two, three years all the way back to when they were released. They were selling for a ton less than they are now and why? Because people are WILLING to pay that.

My stance is that I would say lb vanities should remain tradeable for the most part. Some I can understand not being tradeable. However, I won’t rage if they aren’t tradeable lol I would just like to know how that would affect AL since I see people most active during lb events. Take St. Paddys lb for example. If less people ran because the vanities are untradeable what would that do to the price of crates, green sets (golem,jack,gentleman)? I think the prices would be skyrocketed and that would just add to the list of things people complain about. Similar to how people were outraged at the green golem body going to 20m for a day.

Jhawkeye
03-18-2018, 11:46 AM
Also I see I was flawed about a gold sink lol thankyou all for pointing it out. This is why I feel like this discussion needs to be had

inoxera
03-18-2018, 12:04 PM
why you people mad if the vanity is tradable? you didnt run the event to get top. u didnt waste time also. so what if tradable vanity it was. its really sounds that you people are jellous. people spend alot gold in event so what if tradable right? its their rights to have some benefits on it. dont pull down people for their effort. thanks

Avaree
03-18-2018, 12:04 PM
............ black market has a new selling point. Account traders coming from everywhere offering lb vanities?

^This
#11char

PsychoNuke
03-18-2018, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the correction bud, and yes you are right. The right term is that its a way to spend gold. It can only be considered a sink if it goes back into the game.
(But it does not change the fact that it reduces the wealth from one group of players and get distributed to others, so in a way its rotating)

Hence,

..You would have to purchase the energy with gold from an npc. See Sir Spendsalot, a.k.a. "Gold Sink".
+1 for this Idea :)

Perceval
03-18-2018, 01:04 PM
However I have a question for you. Who’s to say that by making lb vanities untradeable as a whole within a few years or maybe months the black market has a new selling point. Account traders coming from everywhere offering lb vanities?

They could do the sensible thing and buy the similar-looking-tradable-crate-version or get banned for blatantly violating the terms of service.

I see no problem here.

Jhawkeye
03-18-2018, 01:21 PM
They could do the sensible thing and buy the similar-looking-tradable-crate-version or get banned for blatantly violating the terms of service.

I see no problem here.

Agreed there’s no place for it and it shouldn’t happen but it still does and could possibly happen more, costing STS money. It’s just a thought I’m sure they have already considered.

Paidtofarm
03-18-2018, 01:54 PM
Imo lb runners should have the right to do whatever they want to the reward. I know the feeling of lb running specially top 10. I respect all hardcore lb runners.

Sent from my FlareA1 using Tapatalk

Telgu
03-18-2018, 02:57 PM

100% support @Justg dont change your decision and make sure Lb vanities are untradable permanently this will make sure to reveal only hardworking true lb runners , keep up the handwork, don't change your decision Vroomigofast keep Lb vanities untradable and hope to see Arcane legends shine in 2018 and hopefully become alot more active as it was in 2015 GL, keep up the hardwork sts @justg @vroomigofast don't change your decision. Warning now, as well keep up the hardwork Sts appreciated.

Ing- Telgu.

End of story, for everyone , Keep up the good work Justg, Vroomigofast , don't change your decision.

Screenshotz
03-18-2018, 03:09 PM
End of story, for everyone , Keep up the good work Justg, Vroomigofast , don't change your decision.

Ok boss

11char

Jhawkeye
03-18-2018, 03:16 PM

Once again I see your point but I’ve personally spent 14k plat at one time and made nowhere near where you value it.

Also it’s not only lb items that are worth more than the monetary value you placed on plat. Should those be untradeable as well?

Twomucho
03-18-2018, 03:43 PM
Yes almighty seeing eye in the sky , I’m not sure what they would do without your professional opinion. I was number 3 mage in Halloween 2014(ghost, Medusa , frank), top mage ursoth last year, top mage Christmas, and had my co partner top out as the rogue, so I’m willing to bet my statistics actually make me the professional on this but I’ll move over to give you the floor. I can’t and won’t speak for sts but I’m glad you are their financial assistance and not me , wheeew that was close....I also laughed so hard when you said giving free money bc I’ve never came out ahead after an event selling the vanity and if I would have invested the plat spent on selling the energy it took to win it I would be soooooo rich right now......ign(in game name)

Twomucho
03-18-2018, 03:45 PM
Just shut this stupid thread down please before I bust a blood vessel

Xxsoifongxx
03-18-2018, 04:05 PM
Ye no -1 to what you said, all banners should remain untradeable, what happened to balloon banner should never be repeated

What about lepre banner?

Twomucho
03-18-2018, 04:13 PM
Just to be clear if the vanities would have been untradable I would have never spent the money on the plat or the gold to run the event! Make the banner special for top 3 of each class and keep those untradable forever( this will ensure a good run for the money), keep the vanities tradable so the winners have options, and stop relying on People’s opinions who have never won event and all will be fine.

Thewolfbull
03-18-2018, 04:44 PM
What about lepre banner?

Yeah I was thinking this events banner might be tradeable too because lepre banner was. Hope it's not tradeable btw.

Blaqq
03-18-2018, 05:32 PM
Most of those who dont mind lb vanities not being tradable has probably never ran events before! As a runner i would like to be warned before hand on what is tradable and what isnt so i can decide if i want to run or not! Sts gave us no warning that was the case! It is unfair to us to learn this half way through event! I dont run lb to sell vanites but i would like to think if there is a day when i need gold, i have items that are valuable and can be sold! Its sts choice if they want to make lb vanities not tradable, just do so AFTER this event because we werent given proper details on rewards!

Vrazicak
03-18-2018, 06:00 PM
The whole concept of leaderboard rewards ia wrong.
Point of leaderboard is to show who's the greatest, the most powerful and the best.
I think STS should have just left leaderboard rewards at untradable banners, that would be the best solution.

Paidtofarm
03-18-2018, 06:14 PM
Most of those who dont mind lb vanities not being tradable has probably never ran events before! As a runner i would like to be warned before hand on what is tradable and what isnt so i can decide if i want to run or not! Sts gave us no warning that was the case! It is unfair to us to learn this half way through event! I dont run lb to sell vanites but i would like to think if there is a day when i need gold, i have items that are valuable and can be sold! Its sts choice if they want to make lb vanities not tradable, just do so AFTER this event because we werent given proper details on rewards!+1
Oh yeah!!

Sent from my FlareA1 using Tapatalk

Blaqq
03-18-2018, 08:12 PM
I doubt AL will be very successful after this decision! Ppl like me will quit running events! No point in spending gold on running if i can never hope so see even half of that gold back! And if everyone cant have a shot at owning lb vanites whether buying or running then alot will quit AL and account buying/selling will be only thing they do. But as i said its sts choice! I just wish they would tighten up on their communication skill! If they cant let the ppl who are making them money, know of changes in game then why do we play? To guess what else sts will take away from us?

PsychoNuke
03-18-2018, 09:39 PM
I understand that STS should have explicitly mentioned if the vanity is untradable. Other then that I think most the posts here just proved me right, there is your evidence.

By the way, lets not generalize, you might not run LB because the profit is gone, does not mean everyone else will not.
As I said, everyone have different aspiration to run LB, even after knowing the vanity is untradable I am spending 2 to 3m /day on kits + farming energy just to get that vanity. For all you know I am more focused because I know that the only way to get it is the event, the competition is high with everyday passing. I know many people in-game who aspire for LB the same way I do, we run for the challenge its about the fun after all.

So, dont worry, people are not going to quit, the game is not going to die, and sts is dealing with black-market irrespectively. If you leave then someone else will just take your place, its as simple as that.

@STS: Keep it untradable for next event, mention it explicitly, and lets see how many people run for LB. Kindly make the call based on the statistics instead of speculations from players. TY.

Telgu
03-18-2018, 10:31 PM

For anyone complaining saying ''I won't run Lb anymore '' Good because now true lb runners will earn the rewards, and after all whats the point of LEADERBOARD REWARDS WHEN THEYRE TRADABLE AND PLAYERS WHO DIDNT RUN GET THEM BY BUYING IT OFF AUCTION???????????????????????????????????????????

No just stop , just stop ,complaining everyone , if you don't want to run LB after this then have a good day, Sts are doing a good job already and making LB vanities untradable I agree on 100% and is the way to go , @Justg, @Vroomigofast don't change your decision leave Lb vanities permanently untradable and as well GL with upcoming updates look forward to it keep up the good work.

100% support Lb vanities are untradable permanently this will make sure to reveal only hardworking true lb runners , keep up the handwork, don't change your decision Vroomigofast keep Lb vanities untradable and hope to see Arcane legends shine in 2018 and hopefully become alot more active as it was in 2015 GL, keep up the hardwork sts @justg @vroomigofast don't change your decision. Warning now, as well keep up the hardwork Sts appreciated.

Ing- Telgu.
ps-
Read above before replying to this comment . Ty

Nightwatched
03-19-2018, 04:05 AM
dude..
everyone gets it.. just let them voice their ideas about this..
this isnt a vote and repeating the same thing again and again isnt ""from a professional point of view" " which you have typed in your post.

AND ITS "VROOMIGOREALFAST"
#havesomerespectlol

Jhawkeye
03-19-2018, 04:56 AM
@psycho and @Telgu

You guys keep repeating yourselves. And I’ve already said that I’m only upset because I didn’t know for this event otherwise I’m just curious how making vanities untradeable would benefit AL because I personally don’t think it would. I’m pretty sure that’s not saying I’m upset or complaining lol.

And I’m sure the STS team is far better equipped to make the final decision but we as players can provide different angles that they may not see at first. That is why we “speculate”.

Try to make intelligent comments, that benefit the topic, not just use fancy words in the wrong place. Otherwise get off the post. Don’t bring drama.

Telgu
03-19-2018, 06:31 AM
No drama as said before , everything I’ve said has been thought of and is 100% correct , and we all know STS are an independent well adjusted company , there is no angles simple as that .

Jhawkeye
03-19-2018, 06:58 AM
No drama as said before , everything I’ve said has been thought of and is 100% correct , and we all know STS are an independent well adjusted company , there is no angles simple as that .

Lol it’s not facts though. Name a lb Vanity outside of golem and ice spirit that’s even close to 600m? Those aren’t 600m btw. But in the same sentence you say a player will sell golem 300m+ and then skip to 600m? Your statement isn’t even aligned. You made a valid point but not an end all be all point. And there’s always angles. You’d have to be blind to not see that. You are entitled to your opinion just like everyone else is to theres.

Blazerland
03-19-2018, 07:23 AM
imo, tradable or not i just want STS to clearly mention it in event guide so people can freely decide if they wanna spend their gold and effort running LB or not. In that way people wont be shocked coz they were informed beforehand what reward they gonna get and whether it is tradable or not.

PsychoNuke
03-19-2018, 08:37 AM
imo, tradable or not i just want STS to clearly mention it in event guide so people can freely decide if they wanna spend their gold and effort running LB or not. In that way people wont be shocked coz they were informed beforehand what reward they gonna get and whether it is tradable or not.

True, I think they should have mentioned, because I see its a deciding factor for many here.

Shubham
03-19-2018, 12:09 PM
Well tradable r not the people saying it effects the economy of the game lol then it isn't the main thing effecting the economy of the game is plat farm n other
How can a hand full of vanities let's say 30 pieces effect the game ?
And the prices of the vanities ar not determine by the merchers they are by the ppl
Eg : the lb vanities like golem n n others were wer so high as ppl wanted it and we're ready to pay now u can see prices have dropped not becose sts have announced the recolored vanity but ppl have stop buying n bidding for the same n now the seller wants to get rid of it
I don't mind it being untradable but den if it's untradable stop asking for recolored ones n run for what you want ..people want it both ways they don't want to run and they want an easy way to get the vanity to .i feel if m running something i should have the privilege to have it distinguish
I don't think is fair ppl running for something should be able to sell it wen they need gold r dey need to buy other stuffs
U don't make 50 60 m per month for running events u get it from thses stuffs
Well the rest is on sts i still think a hand full of vanities don't effect economy dat much ..there are many other ways which effect the economy not this

Paw
03-19-2018, 01:28 PM
An issue which hasnt been mentioned was when the leaderboard vanities were tradable it was possible for a group of people to run the leaderboard together. Was when 3 or 4 people would use gold or plat and buy energy and give to 1 person to run for the leaderboard.

This method ment that they could "share" the vanity or split profits when and if they sold eventually. Two issues i have with this. Firstly it could lead to scams and drama as it depends a lot on trust and secondly and most importantly it doesnt fairly represent a "true individual leaderboad"

DalleManden
03-19-2018, 01:43 PM
Why don't we have alternating trade-ability? Some events have untradeable rewards, whilst some have tradeable - of course players will be notified if it's untradeable or tradeable before the event starts.

Everything does not have to be in black and white.

Paw
03-19-2018, 01:51 PM
Why don't we have alternating trade-ability? Some events have untradeable rewards, whilst some have tradeable - of course players will be notified if it's untradeable or tradeable before the event starts.

Everything does not have to be in black and white.

On that note, why even have vanities all the time. why not ( all non tradable ) locations, more gold titles, pets ( with passives only so doesnt affect gameplay ), weapon vanitys...

Shubham
03-19-2018, 05:29 PM
On that note, why even have vanities all the time. why not ( all non tradable ) locations, more gold titles, pets ( with passives only so doesnt affect gameplay ), weapon vanitys...

Well scam is something coz of an individual trusting on another so it's not anyone's fault apart his own der has been much cases in game for ppl to understand till now dat u cannot trust in Al
N for untradable vanities is just major part if the economy has been ruined after the gl stuffs us not lb vanities or other stuffs stop the gold loot thing lol n start the kraken mines again n let ppl run for lock this will help u sink ur economy
No matter how u blame the merchers for the the price hike n all but the fact is ppl still have enough gold from mau to keep the gold flow just come ..

PsychoNuke
03-19-2018, 08:52 PM
An issue which hasnt been mentioned was when the leaderboard vanities were tradable it was possible for a group of people to run the leaderboard together. Was when 3 or 4 people would use gold or plat and buy energy and give to 1 person to run for the leaderboard.

This method ment that they could "share" the vanity or split profits when and if they sold eventually. Two issues i have with this. Firstly it could lead to scams and drama as it depends a lot on trust and secondly and most importantly it doesnt fairly represent a "true individual leaderboad"

Good Point, but the main issue isn't scam (you reap what you sow), the thing is it shouldn't be allowed at all. Sharing assets is just an alternative to sharing accounts to win LB. The impact is same.

PsychoNuke
03-19-2018, 08:55 PM

+1 till everything is non-tradable :)

Motherless_Child
03-19-2018, 10:18 PM
In recent conversation it was mentioned that lb vanities should never be tradeable by Vroom.

My question is what benefits does that have for AL?

It’s a serious question I think many players have and would like to know the reasoning behind because:
1. We spend millions of in-game gold and for many hundreds of irl dollars.
A. We do this, yes to have the vanities, but some also to make a little money back of early sales or hoard for later (nothing wrong with hoarding in an economy imo even though I don’t do it), or just wear to show our accomplishments (what I’m guessing Vroom meant)

2. The economy thrives at a higher level off of lb vanities
A. Recent Lb vanities have for the most part brought merchers nice amounts of money (merchers drive, not run, the economy believe it or not); older lb vanities give players something to strive for as well as a bigger bit of a gold sink (althought probably small in comparison to the 1 pull tavern crates >.>), and another way for merchers to earn money or hoarders to hoard.

3. Those who weren’t around at the time have a chance to wear some higher class limited items from that period of AL
A. Not many things compare to the rareness or cool factor lb vanities have

4. The banners (besides balloon) are untradeable and show who actually ran the event, and a few other pieces like that goblin head thingy.
A. Not every lb should be lb runner exclusive variety items right? (Maybe I’m wrong) Because for me when I run lb I’d like to have something that I know at least holds value in it. I know most ppl I’ve talked to aren’t running lb solely because they love the vanities but because they love the prospect those vanities bring as well.

5. We have an npc to talk to to waste gold on untradeable vanities

I probably left a few key points off. I don’t want this thread to be too long and I don’t want to sound like I’m complaining. Just listing some things I feel and I know others feel like we would like to be addressed if it is true that no lb vanities will be tradeable in the future. I can agree that maybe some shouldn’t but not ALL from every lb. maybe the smaller ones could be tradeable and the bigger events lb specific. Idk I’m just spitballing but thanks for any insight anyone.

-1000 for "non-tradeable" vanities....... +1000 for "tradeable" vanities........

Being able to "initially" obtain the vanity should be enough for a person to display their leaderboard "grandeur"..... Locking a LB vanity to LB winners "only" will also discourage players from participating in LBs that awards vanities they particularly do not care for, which can be how many in a row? With the option to trade LB vanities, people will have a reason to run even if they do not care for the vanity..... ("EVENT" LBs, that is).............. Just my personal opinion.....

Arkiouj
03-19-2018, 10:52 PM
-1000 for "non-tradeable" vanities....... +1000 for "tradeable" vanities........

Being able to "initially" obtain the vanity should be enough for a person to display their leaderboard "grandeur"..... Locking a LB vanity to LB winners "only" will also discourage players from participating LBs that awards vanities they particularly do not care for, which can be how many in a row? With the option to trade LB vanities, people will have a reason to run even if they do not care for the vanity..... ("EVENT" LBs, that is).............. Just my personal opinion.....

The flip side of this;

If LB vanities were made untradeable, we wouldn't see the same names at the top of the LB every event which in turn would add more competition and give more people a chance.

STS should really clarify what is/isn't tradeable before the event starts. imo making LB vanities tradeable is the best all-round solution for the community. those who don't have the time/real life can still buy the vanities and those who work their ***' off on the LB can make a profit. win win

Zikovsky
03-19-2018, 11:06 PM
The main problem is idk why sts never mention about shiny brawler vanity is tradeable or not. I can't find any quote in entire forum about sts confirmation. +1 for more transparency. Thx for a good thread.

Nightwatched
03-19-2018, 11:52 PM
or make ultimately cool LB vanities and lock them (untradeable)
something better than frank/golem/yeti etc..
then there will be a true COMPETITION to obtain them lb vanity award.
and release consequent smaller lb vanities for top 25 and 50 also ie not only jewels and titles..
this will make people run for it MORE THAN EVER BEFORE EVEN IF IT UNTRADEABLE because its not a bad opinion but make the vanities ultra super cool.

some ideas for ultra cool UNTRADEABLE exquisite vanities::.
1.)a mummy warrior vanity with strands of paler floating out both from head and body.
2.)a small devil like outfit with red flames and horns for mages.
3.)a ghost type of outfit for rogues with skin draping and the frock wavering here and there for rogs.

all with special effects /particle effects..

if this was the case.. even the noobiest of the players would try to buy energy kits with all their gold for trying LB.

PsychoNuke
03-20-2018, 02:04 AM
I like how most of the posts here is stating they want LB vanities to be tradable so they can make profit out of it. Which by the way should be the main reason why it should not be tradable (IMO). It will be very thrilling to see how LB looks if profit is removed :)

Shubham
03-20-2018, 02:59 AM
The flip side of this;

If LB vanities were made untradeable, we wouldn't see the same names at the top of the LB every event which in turn would add more competition and give more people a chance.

STS should really clarify what is/isn't tradeable before the event starts. imo making LB vanities tradeable is the best all-round solution for the community. those who don't have the time/real life can still buy the vanities and those who work their ***' off on the LB can make a profit. win win

Making lb vanities tradable or non tradable has no effect of the ppl running on lb .every one is allowed to run lb
So ppl saying u see same names on lb all the n new ppl should get the chance .well it's a competition all are allowed to run with there free will
So the ones new or old if want to run lb will run actually n not wait for lb vanities to be tradable or no

Shubham
03-20-2018, 03:04 AM
I like how most of the posts here is stating they want LB vanities to be tradable so they can make profit out of it. Which by the way should be the main reason why it should not be tradable (IMO). It will be very thrilling to see how LB looks if profit is removed :)

It will look same as wen the items obtained from opening the locks are keep untradable.will u tell the same den to keep the items untradable if .if u say ppl use real money for locks n items n all well is same for lb ppl running event as most of the top players are plat players .

Perceval
03-20-2018, 03:55 AM
Making lb vanities tradable or non tradable has no effect of the ppl running on lb .every one is allowed to run lb
So ppl saying u see same names on lb all the n new ppl should get the chance .well it's a competition all are allowed to run with there free will
So the ones new or old if want to run lb will run actually n not wait for lb vanities to be tradable or no

It will look same as wen the items obtained from opening the locks are keep untradable.will u tell the same den to keep the items untradable if .if u say ppl use real money for locks n items n all well is same for lb ppl running event as most of the top players are plat players .

I think they are getting at the fact that someone running to make a profit from the reward has no limit as to what they spend because they will just sell the reward for whatever amount more than they have spent.

Its not easy to compete against people who have no limit because if it costs them 300m to win the reward, they would just sell it for 400m.

Shubham
03-20-2018, 04:50 AM
I think they are getting at the fact that someone running to make a profit from the reward has no limit as to what they spend because they will just sell the reward for whatever amount more than they have spent.

Its not easy to compete against people who have no limit because if it costs them 300m to win the reward, they would just sell it for 400m.

True they sell 400m but who are the ones to buy them ? Us if no on will buy they will have to drop as in the case if enhanced wings from 60 70 m to 40 m same as ghost set from 170m to 110 m it's just ppl running mau n esg have so many gold stacked they rather pay for the op vanities den actually buy a good set for em to use in game is a harsh reality
And making lb vanities untradable just coz ppl don't want to see regular lb runner running n giving other ppl chance is like running without competition
Wen the energies wer said to he deleted ppl said the same day it gave additional advantage to the regular lb runner and by deleting so will give new names but tbh i still see the same names on lb top 10 or 25 is always the same so thses r excuses for ppl who don't want to run lb n get those vanity n don't want others to reap the profit for there hard work to ..

PsychoNuke
03-20-2018, 05:45 AM

You are comparing items from locked crates (luck based loot) to Event LB Rewards.
Using real life money to gamble on crate is a choice, you want it you spend it. Running LB requires, time, commitment, gold/plat, and it should not be compared to opening locks because its a competition.
If you want the items from LB then you should participate in the competition. I mean you already have the gold to buy the item, so why not use that gold to run the competition and win the reward. You dont have time to play the game then sorry you should not have it.

People who think they have the right to get the prize of a competition without putting the hard work are forgetting that it is not a Pay to Win game. IMO its time to change things.

Shubham
03-20-2018, 06:41 AM
You are comparing items from locked crates (luck based loot) to Event LB Rewards.
Using real life money to gamble on crate is a choice, you want it you spend it. Running LB requires, time, commitment, gold/plat, and it should not be compared to opening locks because its a competition.
If you want the items from LB then you should participate in the competition. I mean you already have the gold to buy the item, so why not use that gold to run the competition and win the reward. You dont have time to play the game then sorry you should not have it.

People who think they have the right to get the prize of a competition without putting the hard work are forgetting that it is not a Pay to Win game. IMO its time to change things.

M not comparing it to locks coz uk most of the ppl are hiding true intentions of lb being non tradable coz they say they effect economy in game
N as u said it requires time money etc etc .so i guess they should have the liberty to sell WT they work hard for wen they need buy if ppl want if no pass it y complain it's op ..tbh wen the prices drop down no one complain as it's in there interest but wen it rises they complain says economy has effected n all ..the economy is never effected by lb Vanity it's by gl items
How did ppl manage to pay 100m r more for a vanity which was 30m r even less .wer did dat gold came from,?
Not from the vanities itself was from farming esg n mau maps ..

Jhawkeye
03-20-2018, 06:46 AM
I think we can all agree that we don’t really care as long as we know upfront explicitly lol

Jhawkeye
03-20-2018, 06:48 AM
Odd coming from pl where things weren't tradable, then all was made tradable to disrupt the black market.
Come to al where all was tradable, now some isn't? I don't get it.

This is also an extremely important point that a lot of you overlooked. Because this is 100% true

PsychoNuke
03-20-2018, 08:18 AM
M not comparing it to locks coz uk most of the ppl are hiding true intentions of lb being non tradable coz they say they effect economy in game
N as u said it requires time money etc etc .so i guess they should have the liberty to sell WT they work hard for wen they need buy if ppl want if no pass it y complain it's op ..tbh wen the prices drop down no one complain as it's in there interest but wen it rises they complain says economy has effected n all ..the economy is never effected by lb Vanity it's by gl items
How did ppl manage to pay 100m r more for a vanity which was 30m r even less .wer did dat gold came from,?

At this point I dont even know if I should continue a discussion with you, as you just blindly denied your last comment on locks, which by the way is still there and we can read it.
But anyway, What you think is the true intention that we are hiding?
I am a little confused reading your post, are you saying that lb items should be tradable so you can sell them? Or you have any other "angle" to it?

Motherless_Child
03-20-2018, 08:31 AM

Excellent point.......

I personally would be against running LB just to get a vanity to have sitting in my inventory... That's LOL...... No other "leaderboard" runners would disagree........

PsychoNuke
03-20-2018, 01:07 PM

Dont even bother to reason in this thread, they only want to hear yes to their demands. :)
Most of the threads are directly or indirectly just rant on how they dont want to loose gold and want to make money out of LB Items.

At this point, just have faith on STS, I am sure, they are intelligent enough to understand the perspectives plus I know for sure that they are against P2W and they favor Fair Play. As well as they have insight on data better than anyone else here. Perhaps the comment from Vroom was a warning to look out. You never know :)

So just ignore them, put your point forward for the observer to read. And remember: Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Cheers and have a good day :).

Jhawkeye
03-20-2018, 01:27 PM

Name the lb item that has sold more than it cost to run please. Because not a single one outside of lb wings which sold for 70m for like 2 weeks have ever sold for more than it cost to run

Edit: and maybe the ghost sets. I wasn’t around when those were released tbh

Twomucho
03-20-2018, 01:43 PM
They should lock this complaint thread, u just want these new vanity tradable is all

Shubham
03-20-2018, 02:18 PM
Dont even bother to reason in this thread, they only want to hear yes to their demands. :)
Most of the threads are directly or indirectly just rant on how they dont want to loose gold and want to make money out of LB Items.

At this point, just have faith on STS, I am sure, they are intelligent enough to understand the perspectives plus I know for sure that they are against P2W and they favor Fair Play. As well as they have insight on data better than anyone else here. Perhaps the comment from Vroom was a warning to look out. You never know :)

So just ignore them, put your point forward for the observer to read. And remember: Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Cheers and have a good day :).

Well is same all i can see u is shouting for lb to be nontradable until u get it
Well i would love to hear u how lb vanities r effecting economy r the gold flow
Eg : i spent 70m for event n sell for 90 m as u say i get 20m lol
Dats a normal gold what ppl earn in a 2 week r so from esg r mau
So stop making lb vanities so much an issue for the economy n let ppl who actually run for it n put there time n effort do whatever they want .if u don't what to buy it from them ur free to pass no one's ever forcing no one to buy from so called Mercher

Jhawkeye
03-20-2018, 02:51 PM
They should lock this complaint thread, u just want these new vanity tradable is all

If it was a complaint thread you’d know. I put forth a debateable question not a complaint. And yes I would like for lb vanities to be tradeable but now I’m seeing some reasons why they wouldn’t be. I’d like to know before I ran though. So you can stop adding your half a cent in repeating that it should be locked. That’s not your decision just like you say trust Sts. They’ll lock it if they deem it should be locked. Thankyou have a nice day. :)

inoxera
03-20-2018, 03:05 PM
Well is same all i can see u is shouting for lb to be nontradable until u get it
Well i would love to hear u how lb vanities r effecting economy r the gold flow
Eg : i spent 70m for event n sell for 90 m as u say i get 20m lol
Dats a normal gold what ppl earn in a 2 week r so from esg r mau
So stop making lb vanities so much an issue for the economy n let ppl who actually run for it n put there time n effort do whatever they want .if u don't what to buy it from them ur free to pass no one's ever forcing no one to buy from so called Mercher

true.. i agree with you bro. we are not forcing anyone to buy the vanity rewars. so if they really want? its their choice. people here really want to pull down the lb runners its because they cant do run for 2 weeka with lack of sleep. i think insecurities is the main problem and no effect in economy for what they said.

inoxera
03-20-2018, 03:22 PM
The main problem is idk why sts never mention about shiny brawler vanity is tradeable or not. I can't find any quote in entire forum about sts confirmation. +1 for more transparency. Thx for a good thread.
ye. that was the main problem its because they dont tell at first. really dissapointed if untradable. if i new it first this would happen. i will just park in game and never run to get the reward that only can display. :)

Zynzyn
03-20-2018, 04:51 PM
Merching/Hoarding should be discouraged. LB vanities should be no-transfer.

1. LB should be run for the content and for the reward, not as an investment for profit. This is a game.
2. To be able to possess an LB vanity is good enough.
3. To hoard and sell/buy/resell LB vanities means making gold forever out of a one time investment. Then players will just merch instead of playing the game or instead of being interested in new releases. Some even see it as a profession (like seriously eww) and take it overboard to the point of selling rarities for real life currency.

Shubham
03-20-2018, 06:00 PM

1. LB should be run for the content and for the reward, not as an investment for profit. This is a game.
3. To hoard and sell/buy/resell LB vanities means making gold forever out of a one time investment. Then players will just merch instead of playing the game or instead of being interested in new releases. Some even see it as a profession (like seriously eww) and take it overboard to the point of selling rarities for real life currency.

Merching/ hoarding should be discouraged true but lb vanities are not the only thing dat is merchable
I will give to the runner if they want sell r keep if u invest time n effort minus the gold u should have the privilege to sell it r keep it
Ppl run for fun not all r plat buyer some are f2p to so if they want r feel like running for the rewards that r better den the previous lb rewards they should have the privilege to sell the older one n try to the new one from the gold he gets from the old
Not all can earn 50 70m every time to run event ..

Shubham
03-20-2018, 06:12 PM

Merching/ hoarding should be discouraged true but lb vanities are not the only thing dat is merchable
I will give to the runner if they want sell r keep if u invest time n effort minus the gold u should have the privilege to sell it r keep it
Ppl run for fun not all r plat buyer some are f2p to so if they want r feel like running for the rewards that r better den the previous lb rewards they should have the privilege to sell the older one n try to the new one from the gold he gets from the old
Not all can earn 50 70m every time to run event ..

Shubham
03-21-2018, 03:06 AM
Just a point i see all the ppl who are talking about the merchers n controlling economy i have seen that they them self follow the prices set buy the merchers itself .they say merchers manipulate prices but dat wen done n prices r set the one shouting again merchant they themselves don't sell there stuffs to the actual prices they were but in return wants the price for there stuffs WT prices r set buy the so called Mercher
Kershal was 4m initially so anyone of u who has kershal who's writing against ppl merching i guess should sell there stuffs to the actual original prices .i have seen the post of many ppl who's writing against ppl gaining profit from there time invested in game have themselves posted sell this sell dat n wen it comes to prices is start price this n no auto lol so u urself r doing same wt ppl do it's just ppl want Maximum prices for the stuff they own but want to minimum for the stuffs they want from other

PsychoNuke
03-21-2018, 06:04 AM
P.S.: there are better ways to create a gold sink than talk to a NPC to spend gold. imJeffs came up with the same idea, that should say enough bout that.

I don't usually agree with this guy, we have our history of debates, lol. But I think we finally found something we both agree on, well cheers to that :)
Btw that PS, lmao, leave that poor chap, ah I mean rich guy alone.
IMO Avaree's idea is a good gold sink, though I am not sure how it will impact the plat conversion rate so I ll let devs take a call on that.

Twomucho
03-21-2018, 01:01 PM
I say just release the expansion and forget events entirely

Motherless_Child
03-21-2018, 01:19 PM
OP asked how keeping vanities untradeable helped the game. I Notticed how he didn't ask how making them harmed the game.

Tradeable Lb vanities provides a means for market manipulation for merchants who have the kind of gold/time/inclination to do this. 99% of the time people having the three of the mentioned are involved in shady activities.

There was something about the "economy" in the OP. More people have notthing to do with these vanities than do. Both directly and indirectly. More people are concerned about meeting the gear required to run endgame maps.

The game is healthier without having limited tradable vanities. Keeping vanities limited to a certain time frame, gives a sense of nostalgia for players. Whether they are LB ones or they are like titles from tiers or token bought non tradable vanities. I do nott understand this mindset of "I want the vanity this other person has, this vanity that was exclusive to a previous event I wasn't part of. No I do nott want a new vanity that is shiny and the artist spent more time making. I want the one I can't have."(sorry I digress).
Keeping gear limited however isn't the best of idea, sure their prices should be going up but nott to a point where the average player can't afford them.

Maybe LB rewards need to be looked at so that they offer more than just vanities. The last Elondrian event rewards of Heroic dovabear just goes onto prove everything I said. Won't bother giving out more examples when it's self evident.

P.S.: there are better ways to create a gold sink than talk to a NPC to spend gold. imJeffs came up with the same idea, that should say enough bout that.

Good post........ Some good points.....

If they are contemplating making vanities "tradeable or non-tradeable" for "economy" reasons, they either should issue something "other than" vanities as the main prize (something that cannot be easily manipulated and sold in excess of millions), keep vanities (as a prize and tradeable) but, instead of top 10 gets it, maybe top 15, 20, 25.... Or....................

Main issue for me is, if I participate in a leaderboard, get a vanity as the "main prize" and i'm just "stuck" with it without a way to trade/sell it away (not really a big vanity fan by default), I'd be less likely to participate in any future leaderboards because for me, it's "NOTT" (lol) about the potential financial gain from the vanity, it's about receiving a reward for my hard work that I do not like and cannot/will not use thus making it "not a reward" which will imbalance my winnings...... Like this celtic brawler outfit for reaching top 10....... If I won that, i'd never wear it, which means if I can't sell or trade it, what's the point in participating in that particular leaderboard??????

But, like you were saying, seems like lots of people just want what they are SEEING...... The only thing that is crazy priced are those RARE vanities from the past and, for me, I do not see why so many people are worried about those things, how much they are going for, who has them, ETC..... I'd prefer new...... What's going on with those old vanities, who has them, their price, ETC... is obsolete to me... I honestly will not pay anymore than what they USED TO COST from back when I remember, which was a range from 3-6 mil...... If it costs anymore than that, that doggie will just stay in the window..... LOL....

Twomucho
03-21-2018, 01:58 PM
People have millions and millions of gold, they need something to spend it on, this class warfare isn’t gonna solve you people’s problem , there will always be rich , there will always be poor. All economic classes of players need goals or they become bored, what if all the very rich got on here and wanted to make awakenings plat only and not tradable? I say we make all energy non craftable and only purchasable with plat nontradable also. Oh wait , you don’t like these ideas....get over it people have opinions. What jhawk should have done instead of this thread was not run lb bc it wasn’t clear on if vanities would be tradable or not. Instead he got all you forumers worked up in a tizzy over nothing. When you have a problem with something you just don’t support it, it’s as easy as that, complaining here isn’t going to solve anything and if you think that sts is gonna stop doing what they think is right then you have a long journey ahead of you. If you think they are actually listening to you and doing what they do bc of what you say , you also have a lot to learn. They might take these words into consideration But they really only worry about that bottom line. What you want is obsolete if they are turning a profit they know they are doing something right, what I believe they fail to realize is that when they started trying to constantly appease and change, make new games , make people spend money they lost out but what the hell do I know again I’m just a nobody. I love ranting about kids raging on threads about a vanity.
My whole point here, which I know you could give 2 sheets about is , they know what you want more than you do by seeing thier bottom lines, of more plat is spent this event than any other then guess what event you will get next time, a barrel boring busting brawl with a bunch of crappy prizes from locks and a lb that costs a ton to run in. I just hope sts doesn’t listen to any of us and learns by what interests us, if they keep changing their target audience then I see nothing good in the future.

Motherless_Child
03-21-2018, 02:10 PM
Good post........ Some good points.....

If they are contemplating making vanities "tradeable or non-tradeable" for "economy" reasons, they either should issue something "other than" vanities as the main prize (something that cannot be easily manipulated and sold in excess of millions), keep vanities (as a prize and tradeable) but, instead of top 10 gets it, maybe top 15, 20, 25.... Or....................

Main issue for me is, if I participate in a leaderboard, get a vanity as the "main prize" and i'm just "stuck" with it without a way to trade/sell it away (not really a big vanity fan by default), I'd be less likely to participate in any future leaderboards because for me, it's "NOTT" (lol) about the potential financial gain from the vanity, it's about receiving a reward for my hard work that I do not like and cannot/will not use thus making it "not a reward" which will imbalance my winnings...... Like this celtic brawler outfit for reaching top 10....... If I won that, i'd never wear it, which means if I can't sell or trade it, what's the point in participating in that particular leaderboard??????

But, like you were saying, seems like lots of people just want what they are SEEING...... The only thing that is crazy priced are those RARE vanities from the past and, for me, I do not see why so many people are worried about those things, how much they are going for, who has them, ETC..... I'd prefer new...... What's going on with those old vanities, who has them, their price, ETC... is obsolete to me... I honestly will not pay anymore than what they USED TO COST from back when I remember, which was a range from 3-6 mil...... If it costs anymore than that, that doggie will just stay in the window..... LOL....

Just a side note for for STS (off topic)..... I wouldn't wear the brawler vanity for mage because it's "wrong" (lol)..... But, the brawler outfit looks "BAD ***/AWESOME" on rogue..........

Avaree
03-21-2018, 02:38 PM
I don't usually agree with this guy, we have our history of debates, lol. But I think we finally found something we both agree on, well cheers to that :)
IMO Avaree's idea is a good gold sink, though I am not sure how it will impact the plat conversion rate so I ll let devs take a call on that.

I had no "idea" about a gold sink lol. What did i miss lol ;)

I agree, you would have to purchase the energy with gold from an npc. See Sir Spendsalot, a.k.a. "Gold Sink".

Avaree
03-21-2018, 02:41 PM

Not sure that my below post was an idea,

Was just saying Sir Spendsalot is a gold sink (: because some were saying the event was a gold sink. My above post was just my two cents of explaining the difference of what was said and that of a gold sink lol.

Twomucho
03-21-2018, 03:45 PM
Don’t mind the trolls they don’t understand common sense

Nightwatched
03-21-2018, 10:16 PM
hey please stick with untradeable vanities but make very very good looking, exquisite vanities (like yeti/golem) /different type of themes so that people will and surely run LB tp obtain it.
then there will be healthy competition.
But if lb rewards are like LB wings then i think there will not be many usual runners who might be rethinking to run..

Brightpink
03-22-2018, 12:28 AM
Vanities should be tradable. If someone worked that hard for an event...they should be able to do what they want with it.

Take away tradable vanities and this game loses interest for me.

Perceval
03-22-2018, 05:00 AM
Clearly the event lb vanity rewards system should just stop. Maybe sts should start giving out something along the lines of arcane or mythic artifacts as the top 10 prizes (usable items with an actual value that cannot be manipulated because there are alternative ways to get them).

Twomucho
03-23-2018, 09:48 AM
Totally a complaint thread !

Jhawkeye
03-23-2018, 09:58 AM
Totally a complaint thread !

You said that already

Arkiouj
03-23-2018, 01:31 PM
Clearly the event lb vanity rewards system should just stop. Maybe sts should start giving out something along the lines of arcane or mythic artifacts as the top 10 prizes (usable items with an actual value that cannot be manipulated because there are alternative ways to get them).

Totally disagree.

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy the LB vanities, they don't effect gameplay and you don't even need a vanity to enjoy AL. it's way better if STS give cosmetic items as opposed to an op af pet/item like SnS back in the Elon lb.

Twomucho
03-23-2018, 05:01 PM
You said that already

I like you can remember what I say but not what you yourself says....change the name

Jhawkeye
03-24-2018, 11:24 PM
I like you can remember what I say but not what you yourself says....change the name

It’s not hard to remember what you say when you keep repeating it lol. And I never once complained. Just because if I was complaining it would fit your point doesn’t make it so. So sit down troll and mind your business grown folks are having a conversation

PsychoNuke
03-28-2018, 07:25 AM
Not sure that my below post was an idea,

Was just saying Sir Spendsalot is a gold sink (: because some were saying the event was a gold sink. My above post was just my two cents of explaining the difference of what was said and that of a gold sink lol.

:)
I see. But now just take the credit ;).
The fact of the matter is the value of the in-game currency will only decrease if they do not introduce some good gold sinks that drive people to spend gold. Events is a good place to do that.

Twomucho
03-28-2018, 04:45 PM
I will one day find the time to show how much you double talk and the exact moment you say you made this thread to complain , but until then I’ll let you keep your complaint thread

Twomucho
03-28-2018, 04:48 PM
@Psycho I won’t be upset if lb vanities aren’t tradeable (maybe a little bit for this current lb because I’m top 10 and running for a vanity I was going to trade to a war one.

Sorry this meant something else

Jhawkeye
03-28-2018, 05:35 PM
Sorry this meant something else

It’s not a complaint lol how hard is that to understand. You can be upset about something without complaining?

Twomucho
03-28-2018, 05:54 PM
It’s ok man , I get it , I too would complain if I ran lb....but I saw they weren’t tradable so I did not run lb, very simple fix to this discussion bc actions speak louder than any words

Jhawkeye
04-03-2018, 12:07 PM
It’s ok man , I get it , I too would complain if I ran lb....but I saw they weren’t tradable so I did not run lb, very simple fix to this discussion bc actions speak louder than any words

I didn’t run this lb and no complaints from me about them not being tradeable because this wasn’t a complaint thread. Actions. Speak louder. Than any words. You can type. Thankyou