PDA

View Full Version : advice on scambustin

Suentous PO
11-07-2011, 08:31 PM
I caught someone doing a "I'll buy plat for you just give me your info. I've reported a few now and again but this guy was a little more slick. I received a pm from him, so I respond like Im interested, & realize he's nowhere to be seen. Went searching but he hides continuing to ask. But I cant find his toon to click on in order to hit report. I don't believe he was even in the town I was anymore. So I took a few screenshots to prove this, but what is the most appropriate way to call down the mighty bannhammer?
Thx in advance.
Ps tried search but imagine how much there is to sort through concerning the topic. :)
Officer Sue P. L. P. D
To protect and serve.

Zeus
11-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Email support(at)spacetimestudios.com replacing the (at) with an @. They will usually direct it to the correct department as long as your title includes something like, "Platinum Scammer, Beware!!!".

Hope I helped! :)

Suentous PO
11-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Of course you helped that was exactly what I needed. Sry I can't throw ya a thumbs up I'm on the buss. Ill gicha latter when I'm home.
Ps I rly wish the mobile app let us thank.
Thanks again.

Zeus
11-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Of course you helped that was exactly what I needed. Sry I can't throw ya a thumbs up I'm on the buss. Ill gicha latter when I'm home.
Ps I rly wish the mobile app let us thank.
Thanks again.

Don't worry about it! (: It's not needed, you can give it to somebody who deserves it more (:

thequickone
11-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Haha, clever little scammer! :rolleyes: If you were so inclined, and you just had to see them in person to click on their avatar, you could always zone jump until you find them. Then again, they could always be PM'ing you from a password locked dungeon map, in which case you would not be able to get to them.

My suggestion: Use the report command ("/report playername", or something like it...) to report them. To see the full list of commands, type "/" into general chat. You can also see how the function works by typing the function without being followed by a player name, which will trigger the system to give you a mini-explanation of the function's proper format. Now even the most clever scammer can be reached by the almighty ban-hammer! :eek:

If all else fails, STS support is the end-all, and should be able to help straighten out even the most crooked of spammers, clever or not. And as you have already mentioned, screenies help immensely!

Hope this helps! ;)

blox
11-07-2011, 08:50 PM
i always wonder why people scam? it ruins the game itself for other player to enjoy the game

noobmigo
11-07-2011, 08:54 PM
If theres something fishy in your neighborhood...who ya gonna call?

SCAMBUSTERS!

thequickone
11-07-2011, 08:57 PM
If theres something fishy in your neighborhood...who ya gonna call?

SCAMBUSTERS!
Hahaha, yeah! :D I smell a new STS product line... Scambusters shirts, pins, coffee mugs, Dematerializers, etc. ;)

Doubletime
11-08-2011, 12:09 PM
My suggestion: Use the report command ("/report playername", or something like it...) to report them. To see the full list of commands, type "/" into general chat. You can also see how the function works by typing the function without being followed by a player name, which will trigger the system to give you a mini-explanation of the function's proper format. Now even the most clever scammer can be reached by the almighty ban-hammer! :eek:

If all else fails, STS support is the end-all, and should be able to help straighten out even the most crooked of spammers, clever or not. And as you have already mentioned, screenies help immensely!

Hope this helps! ;)

This. The /report playername function works for reporting a player regardless of being able to click on an avatar, so no need to look for them. Of course, an email to support with a time and screen shot probably gets the point across faster.

Most of all - Thank You - for taking the time to report it and making the game better for everyone. Too many people just ignore this type of thing thinking someone else can report it. The reality is that it just gives that person more time to potentially scam someone else.

Also, if you really want to see if the person is in your zone, you can use the /who command and get a list of all the current players in your zone. Just as an fyi.

DT

Sassinya
11-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Thank you for following through and trying to help rid our little realm of another jerk who could potentially scam one of my sweet kids who play!!

Duped
11-08-2011, 04:41 PM
This. The /report playername function works for reporting a player regardless of being able to click on an avatar, so no need to look for them. Of course, an email to support with a time and screen shot probably gets the point across faster.

Or, you could take screenshots, and walk/drive/fly to Dallas, find samhayne at the headquarters and show him your device for the ultimate in real time problem solving.

I have no idea why I'm in such a strange mood today, but good job on posting and reporting!

Hankomachos
11-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Sue!!! You should come scammer hunting someday!!! I usually hang out in shadow caves and observe and report. Literally!!! I have very low respect for scammers but I take a high pleasure in reporting 'em! :D

Suentous PO
11-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Thx again folks. It was good to be reminded of the other command features. I spaced on Their existence entirely. This is why I like to ask stuff rather than plow through masses of search ephemera and then get peripheral info all hivemindlike. Hey Hanko let's make a trophy room in the guild hall with mounted scammer heads heheh. >= ]
Edit- to blox, the reason some scam, besides lack of other ability, is it's a game to them, a stupid risk and rush. I'm reminded of art forgers who explain that it's a game of whose smarter. A loosing bet when confronted with our collective will. Again, heheh

Hankomachos
11-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Thx again folks. It was good to be reminded of the other command features. I spaced on Their existence entirely. This is why I like to ask stuff rather than plow through masses of search ephemera and then get peripheral info all hivemindlike. Hey Hanko let's make a trophy room in the guild hall with mounted scammer heads heheh. >= ]

Let's!!! :D