03-18-2018, 01:14 AM
Wakanda Foreva

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xxkayakxx
03-18-2018, 06:20 AM
Had to translate flipped off but was worthy XD XD

Gouiwaa9000
03-18-2018, 08:02 AM
This is the main reason to play mage.. you can casually give others the middle finger without them even noticing :)

Suentous PO
03-18-2018, 08:09 AM
So why is a finger "bad"?

When the English and French were at war the longbow could win a battle. If English archers were captured they would have their index & or middle fingers removed as punishment. When armies lined up the English would taunt by defiantly showing their digits and yell "pluck yew" sometimes "fletch yew"
Both phrases refer to the act of drawing and setting an arrow (pluck/fletch) to the yew wood used in longbows.
That phrase became the modern one I can't write here.
Tune in next week for more outlaw history...

Gouiwaa9000
03-18-2018, 10:56 AM
So why is a finger "bad"?

When the English and French were at war the longbow could win a battle. If English archers were captured they would have their index & or middle fingers removed as punishment. When armies lined up the English would taunt by defiantly showing their digits and yell "pluck yew" sometimes "fletch yew"
Both phrases refer to the act of drawing and setting an arrow (pluck/fletch) to the yew wood used in longbows.
That phrase became the modern one I can't write here.
Tune in next week for more outlaw history...

wow didn't know that

Ofaanacan
03-19-2018, 11:14 PM

With all due respect this is in fact a myth.
The middle finger is one of the oldest insults known. Roman poets and historians even wrote about it being used. And I want to say that Caligula or Caesar Augustus was a fan of the bird and was known to use it on occasion*. In all likelyhood the raising of the middle finger as insult probably goes further back than that*.
Saint Isidor* (Patron Saint of the internet) claimed that each finger had a name and the middle finger was named "insult" or something along those lines because that finger was a jerk to the other fingers. ;p
Point is that the information you provided makes a good story - but a story is all it is.
Thanks for the info about the mage middle finger. Love it.

*Less than 100% certain (95-99%) just don't quote me on this. Lol

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Suentous PO
03-20-2018, 08:30 AM
With all due respect this is in fact a myth.
The middle finger is one of the oldest insults known. Roman poets and historians even wrote about it being used. And I want to say that Caligula or Caesar Augustus was a fan of the bird and was known to use it on occasion*. In all likelyhood the raising of the middle finger as insult probably goes further back than that*.
Saint Isidor* (Patron Saint of the internet) claimed that each finger had a name and the middle finger was named "insult" or something along those lines because that finger was a jerk to the other fingers. ;p
Point is that the information you provided makes a good story - but a story is all it is.
Thanks for the info about the mage middle finger. Love it.

*Less than 100% certain (95-99%) just don't quote me on this. Lol

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

I can agree that it prolly goes back farther than this, but the battle of Agincourt in 1415 is no myth and that was when that happened. I was referring to the etymology of something I can't write, not just the finger hehehehh

veryrude
03-31-2018, 06:58 AM
Dam ...hahahaha....!!!that screenshot looks cool xD