PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Towne Weather

Cascade
07-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Ok so this would be so cool if we could have different weather in towne according to the season that we are in!

Feedback?

FluffNStuff
07-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Ok so this would be so cool if we could have different weather in towne according to the season that we are in!

Feedback?

As a person currently living on the East Coast, I would be afraid my character might melt ...

Seriously though, cool idea, or at least holiday themes. But that is a lot of coding for just a couple days.

Cascade
07-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Yeah but still they would get excellent feedback from players. And when quests come out they could have a holiday quest where you get an exclusive weapon or piece of armour pertaining to the holiday.

ratava
07-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Cool idea for Towne, like it.

KingFu
07-08-2010, 06:38 PM
I like the idea, in winter there wouldn't be any leaves on the tree and snow on the ground, in summer, it would be like how it is normally, in fall, maybe a couple of orange leaves below the trees and the trees wouldn't have leaves, in spring, the tress would have leaves and maybe there could be, maybe even a couple of patches of flowers. Sounds cool!

Kirei
07-08-2010, 06:40 PM
can we have butterflys too?????? I LOVE BUTTERFLYS

Cascade
07-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Here is how they could lay it out.

Spring: Green leaves in the trees and some flowers on the ground(Perhaps some other additions)

Summer: Like it is now. Except with butterflys.(Kirei's idea ;))

Fall: No leaves on the trees. Orange leaves on the ground.

Winter: No leaves in the trees and snow on the ground.

Thanks to MysticalDream for the idea! =)

We could add more additions to these! =)

Kirei
07-08-2010, 06:51 PM
needs BUTTERFLYS

Cascade
07-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Lol maybe idk its up to the devs if they implement this. =)

Kirei
07-08-2010, 07:20 PM
devs if you do implement this, DO NOT FORGET THE BUTTERFLYS

KingFu
07-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Here is how they could lay it out.

Spring: Green leaves in the trees and some flowers on the ground(Perhaps some other additions)

Summer: Like it is now.

Fall: No leaves on the trees. Orange leaves on the ground.

Winter: No leaves in the trees and snow on the ground.

We could add more additions to these! =)

I like the idea, in winter there wouldn't be any leaves on the tree and snow on the ground, in summer, it would be like how it is normally, in fall, maybe a couple of orange leaves below the trees and the trees wouldn't have leaves, in spring, the tress would have leaves and maybe there could be, maybe even a couple of patches of flowers. Sounds cool!

Way to reword my post! Lol :)

devs if you do implement this, DO NOT FORGET THE BUTTERFLYS

I don't wanna be resting in town after killing aliens with little annoying butterflies fluttering in my face. If you do implement butterflies, can we at least be able to kill them? :)

Cascade
07-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Lol sorry I was just spreading it out and making it more readable and easier to understand =)

Kirei
07-08-2010, 07:28 PM
.................. dude you still dident add butterflys in your post.............................. NEEDS BUTTERFLYS

KingFu
07-08-2010, 07:29 PM
K, I added the butterflies into my comment. Also, Cascade I am just messing, lol.

Cascade
07-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Ill add butterflys for the summer and I gave you a mention Mystical =)

Lol the butterflys could be the starting pet! We would have to catch them with a net in towne!

Feedback? =)

KingFu
07-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Lol, you don't have to put me in there, but one thing, if you do add butterflies, please add my POV. ;)

Cascade
07-08-2010, 07:34 PM
What's a POV?

Kirei
07-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Pollution of vets = POV

edit: also, butterflys are not pets, and cannot be killed. they are sparkily and fly around. that is all

Cascade
07-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Lol What exactly does that mean?

KingFu
07-08-2010, 07:40 PM
POV = Point of view, basically, my opinion on the butterflies would be appreciated if it were added. :)

EDIT:

Pollution of vets = POV

edit: also, butterflys are not pets, and cannot be killed. they are sparkily and fly around. that is all

I still wouldn't mind shooting them with arrows. :)

Cascade
07-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Lol I like the pet idea better =) Maybe you could kill some and befriend them?

KingFu
07-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Only if they are butterflies. :D

FluffNStuff
07-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Pollution of vets = POV

Then when they land on your nose, you say 'Pooh' and they fly away ...

flaimdude
07-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Cascade, this is quite possibly one of the most brilliant ideas I have ever seen. :D Weather, seasons, and day/night would be SICK!

Cascade
07-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Thanks Flaim! Also, this would be very VERY easy to implement!

Jstizar
07-09-2010, 01:09 PM
It is a good idea and should add some variety, at least for a little while but I don't think it is
one of the most brilliant ideas I have ever seen. The part I do really like is the Holiday idea, which would include holiday themed weapons and such but that would be a ton of work for a day or two.

Cascade
07-09-2010, 01:14 PM
The thing the could do with taking forever for the Holiday themed weapons and such..Say Christmas is coming up let's say its Oct. They should start working on it then. Then come Middle of Nov. They will be finished and they could implement it in there so there is about a month and a half till christmas then they end it so people have enough time to get the featured weapon!...Also to get the exclusive weapon ect. You would have to do a quest to get it...Anyone like this idea?

Elffy
07-09-2010, 08:22 PM
People on vans= POV
Damn hippies

Away
07-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Weather would be cool, except it might use a bit too much bandwidth for the people using 3G on the go.

Jstizar
07-10-2010, 01:28 AM
The thing the could do with taking forever for the Holiday themed weapons and such..Say Christmas is coming up let's say its Oct. They should start working on it then. Then come Middle of Nov. They will be finished and they could implement it in there so there is about a month and a half till christmas then they end it so people have enough time to get the featured weapon!...Also to get the exclusive weapon ect. You would have to do a quest to get it...Anyone like this idea?

They could do this assuming they aren't working on anything else for the game. I'm not trying to shoot down the idea because I really do like it but they would need to add some staff :P. Not to forget that they are also working on OTHER games.

Banned
07-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Thanks Flaim! Also, this would be very VERY easy to implement!

Unless you can actually program, don't make assumptions.

Cascade
07-10-2010, 12:18 PM
I'm saying it would be easy for the devs because they can make a lot more difficult stuff than adding a few flowers, snow, and leaves. :P