PDA

View Full Version : Quitting PvP altogether

Kaytar
11-08-2011, 12:28 AM
Ok PvP is getting just sad. Just now joined a game with everyone in demonic sets but me. Two of the oposite team members then proceeded to rush me and they sayd "oops sorry, free kill" well I then proceeded to walk up to him and start shooting at them for my 'free kills' and they killed me AGAIN. Nof calling anyone out but this has led me to quit PvP altogether.

Kaytar
11-08-2011, 12:30 AM
Said, not sayd.
Not, not nof. Sorry for errors

Otukura
11-08-2011, 12:31 AM
Said, not sayd.

Edit button makes me smile :)

Ellyidol
11-08-2011, 12:31 AM
Said, not sayd.

Edit, not Reply ;)

Kaytar
11-08-2011, 12:33 AM
Sorry I didnt see edit button :p lolz

Ellyidol
11-08-2011, 12:34 AM
And always, always, Boot/Ignore/Report before Quit/Give up/Rage.

Kaytar
11-08-2011, 12:52 AM
And always, always, Boot/Ignore/Report before Quit/Give up/Rage.but almost everyone is like this now. And when you fair kill someone they call you a noob! :mad:

Ellyidol
11-08-2011, 01:04 AM
but almost everyone is like this now. And when you fair kill someone they call you a noob! :mad:

I doubt almost everyone is like this, you're probably ending up playing with the same circle of people. When I PvP'd, I didn't have as much bad experiences as I read about here. Probably because I report/ignore/boot like crazy the moment I see their behavior.

Big tip, don't take it personally. I mean, I disagree with that "it's just a game" argument trying to prove that it's okay to behave that way -it's not, but I do agree to an extent that anything that happens in-game shouldn't let you ruin your playing experience.

If you fairly kill someone, and they yell noob, laugh and remember that you killed them. If they kill you, you accept loss through a "GF" and be the bigger person. In the end, is a random person's nerdrage over a game really worth more than your personal enjoyment? Shouldn't be :)

Moogerfooger
11-08-2011, 01:08 AM
This is why I don't PvP in PL.

And only noobs call people noobs. Pros shut up and kill.

The Flash
11-08-2011, 01:18 AM

So true

Unmillione
11-08-2011, 02:48 AM

So true

Pros rush me tho :(

Ixillicus
11-08-2011, 07:38 AM
I play PVP a lot at end-game and I don't see a lot of rushing any. (not like twinks anyway).

If you like PVP I wouldn't give up on it. Perhaps if there are people on who are like this, you should report them. You could also try hosting your own games, so you can boot people that are rushing. Most people at end-game are fairly respectful and just wanna play some PVP, not be annoying. That being said, there will always be a few bad seeds that we all have to deal with, until reported enough times.

As another recommendation... even if you see these rushers on another map, and they aren't rushing... don't try and rush them to settle the vendetta. Because this just starts more rushing and if the other people in the room don't know whats up, they will usually side with person being rushed and kick the crap out of you. Just let it go and move on.

AbsolutePally
11-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Tell me who these rushers are via pm! Warning to all end game rushers and mean people. Dtf will not tolerate you. Ill make you cry.

StompArtist
11-08-2011, 11:02 AM

Entirely agree with this.

CrimsonTider
11-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Something I have noticed is reputation. I have only been pvping for about three-four months and when I begaan, I got rushed constantly. Now, I can say I haven't been rushed in a long time. I have learned what games to not join and if a rknown rusher joins a game I'm already in, I either leave or buff immediately.

As others have said, don't quit because of the immaturity of a few. Staying level headed will earn you respect and you will begin to make friends who will stand up for ya.

RedRyder
11-08-2011, 11:54 AM

has to be the best quote ive quoted in my history of quotations

xxxmikelxxx
11-08-2011, 12:46 PM
i am mikel. here me rawr

JaytB
11-08-2011, 01:22 PM
i am mikel. here me rawr

Not very original in your responses now, are you?

rawr

rawreth

On topic: best suggestion I can make is to play with friends. Low level PvP hasn't been much fun to me personally, because of the reasons the OP mentioned here. I only (occasionally) play end-level PvP now, there seems to be much less rushing going on there as compared to low lvl PvP. But, as said, get a group of friends together and PvP/CTF can still be a whole lot of fun :)

Zapoke
11-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Don't quit PvP because of the people who decide to gang people with lesser gear. Do what I've gotten very good at doing in twink PvP:
Defend yourself. Don't talk. Don't fuel their fire.
This little 'method' has allowed me to play near any level with a character named "Zapoke" without being rushed. Because I don't make enemies. That's the trick to twink PvP. I don't understand the people who say "End game is more civilized." I've played end game, played a lot near the end of Sewers cap, and I saw a lot of flame wars. Playing recently, someone flamed my bird (in a 55 game filled with demonic 60's) while in ffa. Saying I sucked because, as a warbird, I decide not to tank 4 demonic dex birds at once. He called me a runner, then said I ks people when I kill them as they're attacking someone else. I've not seen much difference in end game from Twinking. If anything, I've had worst experiences in end game. Lol. So what I would do, and I know most people would disagree with me, is get some friends to make twinks with you, join a popular twink guild, and play low PvP. If a guildy rushes you, they're booted from that guild. Don't give up on PvP lol. :3

Zapoke
11-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Edited out.

Imsebastiaanl
11-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Edit button makes me smile :)
Yes

Imsebastiaanl
11-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Ok PvP is getting just sad. Just now joined a game with everyone in demonic sets but me. Two of the oposite team members then proceeded to rush me and they sayd "oops sorry, free kill" well I then proceeded to walk up to him and start shooting at them for my 'free kills' and they killed me AGAIN. Nof calling anyone out but this has led me to quit PvP altogether.
Just leave immediatelly, and if you have an demonic set, it not means ur good.

Protank
11-08-2011, 04:47 PM
pvp is my fav on this game. ignore the haters and have fun ;)

Kaytar
11-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Tell me who these rushers are via pm! Warning to all end game rushers and mean people. Dtf will not tolerate you. Ill make you cry.pm me on forums. I cant send em but I can reply

Elyseon
11-08-2011, 04:57 PM
pvp is my fav on this game. ignore the haters and have fun ;)

Well said xD

apocketlegend
11-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Pvp has obviously changed over the years. In the early stages of it, no one got mad or cursed. It was fun back then because you did it with your friends and buddies. It was cool meeting new Pvp players while Pvping. Nowdays I think it's very hard to make friends Pvping. Everyone has changed the meaning of Pvp. Now it's more, I need a reputation, must get lots of kills sort of thing... Others are just plain out rude when They or you die. You'll just have to accept that it's changed and try and be as positive as you can. :)

Yvonnel
11-08-2011, 06:32 PM
I've had both good and bad experiences in PvP. Don't let other people ruin something you enjoy. :)

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate

Lillypink
11-08-2011, 06:50 PM
And always, always, Boot/Ignore/Report before Quit/Give up/Rage.but almost everyone is like this now. And when you fair kill someone they call you a noob! :mad:hey umm...dude I'm wearing nuri glyph set and its not charmin' and I still own but don't take it to seriously on pvp and I get called a noob all the time I mean look at my pvp kills and deaths or my ctf kills and deaths I mean idc its just a game...

Kaytar
11-08-2011, 08:06 PM
And always, always, Boot/Ignore/Report before Quit/Give up/Rage.but almost everyone is like this now. And when you fair kill someone they call you a noob! :mad:hey umm...dude I'm wearing nuri glyph set and its not charmin' and I still own but don't take it to seriously on pvp and I get called a noob all the time I mean look at my pvp kills and deaths or my ctf kills and deaths I mean idc its just a game...im aiming more towards the name calling concept. I know its just a game, but since they have something to hide behind they call you names. I bet my bottom dollar they wouldn't say it to my face. Just sayin'!

MrShroomdust
11-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Emo!!! Lol why would you wanna quit pvp.. O.o

blox
11-08-2011, 08:24 PM
there are some people who have talents in pvp but decides to use those talents for rushing instead of the right way of pvp

pvp itself lost its potential fun because of rushers, they ruin pvp for us

enchantereess
11-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Sorry to say this to people who hate it but if you get rushed bring in a high lv and double team him or like everyone else s saying boot them or better just make your own and invite only friends fun and ejoyable

Kaytar
11-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Emo!!! Lol why would you wanna quit pvp.. O.odue to the inconsiderate people that name call and rush. PvP just isn't fun anymore and it CAN make you emo nowadays...with the putdowns and such

Slush
11-08-2011, 10:51 PM

Aren't you the guy who said my "fighting style sucks" because I beat you? Not trying to flame here, but this is a pointless thread.

Kaytar
11-09-2011, 12:14 AM

Aren't you the guy who said my "fighting style sucks" because I beat you? Not trying to flame here, but this is a pointless thread.yeah, your rushing DOES suck. Just sayin'! I blocked you a LONG time ago for being EXTREMELY rude. And its not pointless. If its pointless, why comment? This comment is pointless

WhoIsThis
11-09-2011, 12:37 AM
Slush may be many things, but he is not a rusher.

Zeus
11-09-2011, 12:39 AM
Birds attack very very fast. It doesn't mean they are rushing; they are just able to get ready to fight the fastest, as well as end the fight the fastest.

goddessofpower
11-09-2011, 12:51 AM
Face it people are going to sometimes mad because they are getting pwned they tend to call you names and rage quit or report because they think you are cheating btw when I say "hey (uh let's say Ths guys name is bob) bob can I have ur 1337 hax" I'm kidding ok

Moogerfooger
11-09-2011, 10:28 PM
has to be the best quote ive quoted in my history of quotations

I have my occasional moments of clarity :D

I have actually been trying PvP, and getting whooped but trying to learn. I see some end-gamers do nothing but complain/make excuses/rush/complain/name-call, and others are class acts and some have even stopped to help me. If there were more of the latter and less of the former, more people would probably try it...which would be a win for the PvP community...but the former aren't bright enough to see that.

Kaytar
11-09-2011, 11:55 PM
Slush may be many things, but he is not a rusher.your my friend in-game lets talk about it there not here. Ill tell you EVERYTHING.
Good day :)