PDA

View Full Version : Bear bird or mage?

Ilikemage
11-08-2011, 03:04 AM
Ok so first ever thread just wanted to see what you guys think is the best class

NECROREAPER
11-08-2011, 03:06 AM
In all honesty, its all personal preference and opinion.

My personal favorite is bear, but thats just me.

ninjaduck
11-08-2011, 03:11 AM
twink - bear
pve - bird
pvp - mage

all have weaknesses and strengths.

Unmillione
11-08-2011, 03:13 AM
Bear best IMO

Ilikemage
11-08-2011, 03:32 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys :)

Gaunab
11-08-2011, 04:18 AM
The best thing about a good balanced game is: There is nothing like a "best class"! :)

All classes have strengths and weaknesses, and if you are refering to pve it is always good to have at least one of each class in your group.
If you like to control the crowd of enemies, go for bear.
If you want do the highest damage output and single target damage, go for bird.
And if you prefer to be a bit more supportive to your team, while still doing high damage, especially aoe, go mage.

In PvP bears are underpowered IMO, since they lack wider ranged skills and can easily be kited.

Whisper72
11-08-2011, 05:46 AM
Personally I prefer the mage.
Best suited to take care of self (can self heal and the manashield provides excellent survivability if things start hitting you...) and the AOE attacks rock for clearing up tons of mobs quickly.
An all mage, full group, runs through maps the quickest. The overlapping AOE attacks, debuffs etc. wipes mobs and (lesser) bosses in no time.

Mages ARE squishy though, and some endbosses simply cannot be soloed by a mage without extreme luck.
One hit from a boss at higher levels is often an instakill as soon as the manashield drops...
Thats when the bird or bear are your friends. That's why the mage keeps them alive through the rest of the map. To help take out the boss...

JaytB
11-08-2011, 06:05 AM
An all mage, full group, runs through maps the quickest. The overlapping AOE attacks, debuffs etc. wipes mobs and (lesser) bosses in no time.

I disagree, generally an end-boss fight takes the longest in an entire map. I remember testing run times in sewers with different compositions of classes. Birds are the ones who make (end or mini)boss fights way quicker as compared to just mages. Fastest run times were achieved with an all bird group, although it's always best to have at least 1 good Mage in the group, to prevent having to run back from the beginning when 1 player dies. An all mage group also doesn't clear mobs quicker, especially when mobs are spread out a lot, then a good bear can definitely speed up the run time too.

On topic, it's really what you want to use it for. Do you PvP or mainly PvE? Do you like to solo or always run in a group? And, of course, there's always personal preference. Personally, when I solo, I prefer a mage. When I play in a good group with at least 1 Mage in it, I prefer my bird. When I play in a group that sucks, I prefer either mage or bear. For PvP I prefer bird again. If I had to pick one, personally I think Mage is the nicest all-round char. But, as said, it's all personal preference.

Ixillicus
11-08-2011, 07:33 AM
It's all about your preferences as others have said. Basically by asking a question like this you're going to hear from people and what their favorite is. They are all fun. It depends on your interest. I always liked playing a bird because it was challenging... it takes effort to stay alive but you can kill things oh so fast. I now use mage because I just think that it's more fun to PVP with. I always found bear challenging, but I do use one for low level PVP too.

PatsoeGamer
11-08-2011, 08:12 AM
My fav is birdy :D

Ilikemage
11-08-2011, 08:47 AM
Good to hear your thoughts on it guys :)

Elyseon
11-08-2011, 08:56 AM
For PvE,
Bears take damage
Birds kill boss
Mages kill mobs and heal party

Imsebastiaanl
11-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Ok so first ever thread just wanted to see what you guys think is the best class
For 1-20, bear. For 20-55 mage, after that birds. Thats what I think.

Protank
11-08-2011, 04:43 PM
pally O.o

kiitz
11-08-2011, 06:16 PM
so which one did you choose? lol

Yvonnel
11-08-2011, 06:33 PM
My personal preference - Enchantess!

Pure Nuke!!!!!!

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate

blox
11-08-2011, 09:46 PM
people have different opinions BUT

BIRDS FTW!
my first class was bird because i love them!!
DEXbirds
WARbirds
are my special type of birds of techinque i know

Tamino
11-09-2011, 12:00 AM
Birds are easier to manage at first beginning, and they do a great job in PvP too (at least starting from 35). Mages require a multitasking approach (to time heal, buffs, debuffs, mana shield, do combo and revives...) but they are the least expensive farmers. Bears are the most difficult to learn, but definitely the funniest (actually underpowered, especially at PvP, but funny anyway). Try all three classes until 30-40 before decide; at the end you will love all of them!