PDA

View Full Version : Could STS make it so chrome doesn't logout after a few minutes?

wowdah
03-23-2018, 12:20 PM
I'm just wondering if this is possible for STS to do - many players afk in towns by keeping their phone app open, or simply their chrome window open. But since many users like myself browse the forums frequently, the chrome app logs you out if you're on another tab in like 2 minutes.

It would be awesome if we could afk for longer (like 10 minutes?), or perhaps indefinitely if the tab is still open. Or, on a phone, if the app is switched. 10 minutes would be much better than the 1-2 minutes currently. I usually have to make another window and put it behind the one I'm browsing on just to keep myself in game (it's a pain to keep logging in etc.).

Thanks!
wowdah

Motherless_Child
03-23-2018, 12:53 PM
I'm just wondering if this is possible for STS to do - many players afk in towns by keeping their phone app open, or simply their chrome window open. But since many users like myself browse the forums frequently, the chrome app logs you out if you're on another tab in like 2 minutes.

It would be awesome if we could afk for longer (like 10 minutes?), or perhaps indefinitely if the tab is still open. Or, on a phone, if the app is switched. 10 minutes would be much better than the 1-2 minutes currently. I usually have to make another window and put it behind the one I'm browsing on just to keep myself in game (it's a pain to keep logging in etc.).

Thanks!
wowdah

The solution I rely on is "different" windows..... I just keep everything maximized and switch between windows via the taskbar....

If you have AL playing in one window and the forums + other stuff in another window, the AL client won't close...... When using other tabs in the "same" window, AL stops after a few......

wowdah
03-23-2018, 01:07 PM
^ I know that, and that's what I do too xD. What I'm asking is that tabs that are still open not log you out. It's annoying to have to use silly solutions like this when it could just be fixed by the game itself.

Lojack
03-23-2018, 01:32 PM
"could just be fixed by the game itself."

You'll have to ask Google since they control how the browser behaves. We just live in it.