PDA

View Full Version : Lvl 35 Bear with Str/dex help

RuffRuffPow
11-09-2011, 01:09 AM
I would like to know which skills I should level and how many points I should put into them. I would like to have my account able to do a lot of damage rather than
being able to tank. PLEASE HELP. This game is confusing.

Ellyidol
11-09-2011, 01:33 AM
I'm not sure what you find confusing, twinking as a bear or the bear class itself? It helps if you read through the skill guides in this section.

Melvayna
11-11-2011, 02:19 AM
Hi Ellyidol, thank you for writing the guides in your sig. Also, kudos to MrWallace (and MrWallacejr) for his guides.

I very recently started a Dex/Str bear. However, I found dual spec issues while I was levelling up (Currently level 21). I was planning to go 50-50 Dex/Str but with the changes to item minimum requirements considering BASE stats, this was not possible.

The guides that are currently written do provide good insight and direction on skills and tactics. But from the perspective of items and stat allocation, they are not relevant anymore.

Would you (or anyone) for that matter know when the developers will be reducing the minimum requirements for low level equipment too? I would like to practice dual spec playstyle while levelling up and not having to master it when I am level 50. Any chance of you guys updating the guides?:excitement:

Ellyidol
11-11-2011, 02:44 AM
Hi Ellyidol, thank you for writing the guides in your sig. Also, kudos to MrWallace (and MrWallacejr) for his guides.

I very recently started a Dex/Str bear. However, I found dual spec issues while I was levelling up (Currently level 21). I was planning to go 50-50 Dex/Str but with the changes to item minimum requirements considering BASE stats, this was not possible.

The guides that are currently written do provide good insight and direction on skills and tactics. But from the perspective of items and stat allocation, they are not relevant anymore.

Would you (or anyone) for that matter know when the developers will be reducing the minimum requirements for low level equipment too? I would like to practice dual spec playstyle while levelling up and not having to master it when I am level 50. Any chance of you guys updating the guides?:excitement:

Hey Melv. Yeah, unfortunately, the entire change in dual spec-ing (across the item base, not just end-game), came as a complete surprise. Consequently, I didn't see the need to update my guides anymore. I did post-dual spec change, but that was just to simplify it by saying that boosters are no longer needed.

About the lower end gear, I'm not sure of the condition for dual spec-ing. The change could come soon, it could never come. I really have no idea :(

As much as I can tell you, your best bet would be rolling pure dex while leveling until you get towards mid-game (I think this is where dual spec-ing becomes possible).

Melvayna
11-11-2011, 03:37 AM
Thanks Elly!

Yeah after I hit level 10, I started realizing 50/50 Str/Dex wasn't working... So I started dumping stats into Dex cos I was getting lazy running to the mobs...

Ellyidol
11-11-2011, 04:18 AM
Thanks Elly!

Yeah after I hit level 10, I started realizing 50/50 Str/Dex wasn't working... So I started dumping stats into Dex cos I was getting lazy running to the mobs...

Yep, I don't believe they have evened out the stat requirements across the board. Hey, maybe its actually for the best. It adds a new tier of gameplay at a certain level threshold :)

Good luck!