PDA

View Full Version : What can be done?

Nightwatched
04-04-2018, 08:18 AM
A guy said he was selling a rare flurry item and he showed another item and sold to me for 14m which is junk.

Is banning this thief possible if i report him to the devs?..
please resolve this pls

Qevy
04-04-2018, 08:21 AM
U can talk to support telling them his ign but he probably using another acc so u hve to keep track of him...and that's insanely hard.
Just be careful next time and i hope this scammer gets punished.

Sent from my LG-K430 using Tapatalk

ndrakolor
04-04-2018, 08:40 AM
A guy said he was selling a rare flurry item and he showed another item and sold to me for 14m which is junk.

Is banning this thief possible if i report him to the devs?..
please resolve this plsAnother one

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

ndrakolor
04-04-2018, 08:55 AM
There someone before u get scammed to

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Nightwatched
04-04-2018, 09:15 AM
i just want people like this to get punished.. zz
G can he be banned pls..?

Spheresome
04-04-2018, 10:44 AM
Regardless of whether or not ppl like us get scammed is our fault or not. Ppl with the intent of scamming should be punished

thekragle
04-04-2018, 10:56 AM
I can't believe after so many of these scam instances occurring that there isn't a better way for trading between two players.

Personally I wish direct trading was completely abolished. I would rather see a feature in the auction where you can list a item and make it only visible to a certain player or players.

It's free to list but you still have time limits to choose like maybe 30 min, 24hours, 3 days. This way the buying player sees exactly what it is, has time to evaluate and there is no possibility for a switch-a-roo.

FearAL
04-04-2018, 10:58 AM
I can't believe after so many of these scam instances occurring that there isn't a better way for trading between two players.

Personally I wish direct trading was completely abolished. I would rather see a feature in the auction where you can list a item and make it only visible to a certain player or players.

It's free to list but you still have time limits to choose like maybe 30 min, 24hours, 3 days. This way the buying player sees exactly what it is, has time to evaluate and there is no possibility for a switch-a-roo.

That wouldn’t really make a difference because if the point of that was also to think about it they could just wait for the player to look at it the first time then put a different item only they can see but if they bought it right away it would

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warriorknown
04-04-2018, 11:56 AM
The advice I would give when buying collectibles that have various names is to reasearch them online or to ask other collectors who know all of the names.

thekragle
04-04-2018, 12:04 PM
That wouldn’t really make a difference because if the point of that was also to think about it they could just wait for the player to look at it the first time then put a different item only they can see but if they bought it right away it would

Not sure I know what you mean but, my intention was one in which you cannot switch the item. It is listed for the duration of set time for a specific player.

The only reason any player sells an item to a specific player directly is to avoid the auction fees, otherwise you would just put it in the auction. Well and maybe because you know it's a sure sale right then. But at least you don't lose anything if private free auctions were possible.
And no scamming is possible either.

Vrazicak
04-04-2018, 12:37 PM
Nothing is wrong with current trade system, stop blaming STS lol.
If I was paying 14m for a green item, which is ridicilous to me
I would check it 102429294 times before confirming the trade.
It's the players' fault they're getting scammed, no one elses.

Agirlnamedbob
04-04-2018, 12:51 PM
Nothing is wrong with current trade system, stop blaming STS lol.
If I was paying 14m for a green item, which is ridicilous to me
I would check it 102429294 times before confirming the trade.
It's the players' fault they're getting scammed, no one elses.

He is not blaming sts, he's just asking if there ia a possibility to ban these kind of people, ofc it's the players fault but that doesn't mean this kind of behavior has to be tolerated.

im jeff
04-04-2018, 01:10 PM
i just want people like this to get punished.. zz
G can he be banned pls..?

KARMA KARMA KARMA lol

badgirlchlo
04-04-2018, 01:23 PM
was this qoei?
and is the item called frosty?

Fyrce
04-04-2018, 01:58 PM
Offer to pay the listing fee in auction. Have them list at high price so you can preview item w/ name.

FearAL
04-04-2018, 02:10 PM
Not sure I know what you mean but, my intention was one in which you cannot switch the item. It is listed for the duration of set time for a specific player.

The only reason any player sells an item to a specific player directly is to avoid the auction fees, otherwise you would just put it in the auction. Well and maybe because you know it's a sure sale right then. But at least you don't lose anything if private free auctions were possible.
And no scamming is possible either.

If you mean once they list it to that specific player they cannot un-list it then sure, but what I meant is they could unlist the item then list another one and trick them into thinking it’s the same

Nightwatched
04-04-2018, 02:33 PM
no not qoei.. bit i wont mention anyones ign here but all i can say is it happened.... :-:

Nohealth
04-04-2018, 03:24 PM
Aww, I hope you'll get the gold back

badgirlchlo
04-04-2018, 04:24 PM
good luck.:(

Paw
04-04-2018, 05:09 PM
Sadly as STS have said many times “all in game trades are final”

Should know what your buying or ask someone experienced to help you before doing the deal

badgirlchlo
04-04-2018, 07:51 PM
you can always pm me, my ign is badgirlchloe and I know a thing or two about collectable items and am willing to help u

Lojack
04-05-2018, 11:27 AM
This is posted in the New Players section, but I'll paste it here:

"Hello, Legends!

We'd like to remind you all about scams. They aren't any fun and we'd like to give you the tools to help avoid them!

- I've seen a scammer in game. What should I do?

Please send us an email to support@spacetimestudios.com with the details. Screenshots and any other relevant information helps!

- But isn't it good that we warn the community about these people by posting on the forums?

Posting about it on the forums only opens to door to drama and insults, which is no fun for anyone. Malicious rumors can also start this way and it is best for our support team to verify the actions and take action as appropriate. The best policy in any online interaction is to remind your friends to remain vigilant and double check your trades!

- Someone has been spamming the chat about some free platinum/gold and to go to a random website. Should I?

No! Any official contests/giveaways will be hosted at http://www.spacetimestudios.com and we will NEVER ask for your password as part of your entry. If someone asks for your password, they are only trying to steal your stuff."