PDA

View Full Version : Can PL and SL run on Kindle FIre?

Conradin
11-09-2011, 10:13 AM
Im thinking of getting a kindle fire- I want to know if PL can run

Skeletonlord
11-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Pl will run I'm sure of it

NECROREAPER
11-09-2011, 11:53 AM
How're you sure? I mean sure it'll probably be hacked to use the android market but OOTB it has no such support, meaning no PL and SL.

Zeus
11-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Pl will run I'm sure of it

Please don't give advice on areas you are unsure about. Post count honestly does not matter.

Lowlyspy
11-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Hmm, I know a nook color can run PL if you download the android software on it, the same might be true for the kindle fire cant say for sure though.

RedRyder
11-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Arterra on the forums might know

Conradin
11-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Arty plays on a nook color- but he's in China atm with shoddy wifi so i wont be able to ask him for a while

RedRyder
11-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Try google then, I'm sure there's some forum online on this, to get it hacked that is

thequickone
11-09-2011, 05:04 PM
I am planning to pick up a Kindle Fire fairly soon. If we do not have an answer by the time I do, I would be happy to offer up my Fire as the trial-run guinea pig for SL compatibility. That is, if I have not already done it myself. One of the main reasons I am thinking about getting one is so I can play SL on a bigger screen. Sorry, no iPad for me...

In any case, the easiest way to answer this question may be to find out if the Fire will have access to the full Android Market. Alternately, it should also be easy enough to find out if PL/SL are available for download from the Amazon app store. If either of these is the case, PL/SL should run on the Kindle Fire. While it does have a custom Amazon user interface/skin, it is still an Android tablet at its core. If all else fails, and PL/SL are not runnable using default settings (and thus many other highly-desired Android apps), rest assured a hack would not be far off... ;)

The STS devs may also be able to shed some light on this question. Specifically, unless they cannon disclose potential developments relating to the Kindle Fire, they should be able to offer an indication regarding any official/planned support for STS products on the Kindle Fire. Once the Kindle market catches fire (pun intended), it will likely prove to be a lucrative device to support. Imagine if PL/SL were not supported on iPad... :eek: