PDA

View Full Version : Twinking

Nightwatched
04-07-2018, 10:14 AM
Please why don't you try releasing a pvp map variant where all the awakens are disabled and also limit that for low level only available map for Levels 1-20.
In that zone if players enter..they will matched with equivalent levels (like always),and only their jewels ,stats from weapons,pet slots only count and NOT AWAKENS.

Is there any reason for not TRYING this at least for a small time,this would bring back a huge number of people .HUGE I'm sure.

Even if not..is there a reason for not releasing a map variant like this?.

Right now .the lower levels are empty in pvp..
This will not affect any part of the game if a NEW map is released with just no awakes.I believe it will:
Increase the number of people.(by a ton)
Give rise to the enjoyable mmo low level pvp again .

Screenshotz
04-07-2018, 10:23 AM
No point in making these threads. They say they want to focus on endgame but no changes have been made to make endgame better.

Nightwatched
04-07-2018, 10:43 AM
No point in making these threads. They say they want to focus on endgame but no changes have been made to make endgame better.
Why is it they want to go endgame when they can have both EQUALLY GREAT at the same time..
Why force people into one bracket when the game is capable of shining in all stages

Guys, we know we are demanding a lot..but please try to take this into consideration and at least try it for a week .
Restore to this aspect of the game also like before.
Request from many concerned fans.

Xxkayakxx
04-07-2018, 10:56 AM

Endgame pvp got benefit from endless and tainted sets.
And events got a big improvement.
Now there is big hype for expansion.
As endgame player I appreciate what sts is doing :)

Screenshotz
04-07-2018, 10:56 AM
Why is it they want to go endgame when they can have both EQUALLY GREAT at the same time..
Why force people into one bracket when the game is capable of shining in all stages

I wonder the same thing. Funny thing is endgame pvp is barely active. Players are going back to 61-63 to pvp.

Screenshotz
04-07-2018, 11:06 AM
Endgame pvp got benefit from endless and tainted sets.
And events got a big improvement.
Now there is big hype for expansion.
As endgame player I appreciate what sts is doing :)

The thread is about pvp, not events and all that crap that’s temporary. Sure endgame pvp benefited from Tainted and Endless sets but 61-63 is still more active. So what are they really focusing on in pvp if anything? Remove awakenings from low level pvp and I’m positive lots of players will start twinking.

(Not hating on events, I actually enjoy them but it has nothing to do with the current state of pvp)

Paw
04-07-2018, 11:38 AM
Ive mentioned in another thread but i feel Twinking doesnt make STS as much profit as endgame therefore from a Financial point of view they have stopped focusing on it

Screenshotz
04-07-2018, 11:43 AM
Ive mentioned in another thread but i feel Twinking doesnt make STS as much profit as endgame therefore from a Financial point of view they have stopped focusing on it

It’s not like we’re asking sts to abandon endgame pvp. Endgame isnt even really active like I said in my previous post.

Nightwatched
04-07-2018, 11:52 AM

Hey,if this financial point of view is the case,why don't they do something profitable from this?
Why not release something that balances the stats?
Or to just remove awakening and give it a chance..all the people I knew had endgame as well as twink pvp accounts..

I know you guys are hearing us,please just do a trial run for this and test it guys..low level pvp and pvp in general is a integral part of this game, many many people feel this way...I know about more than 60-70 people who quit ONLY lv 8 bracket because of the imbalances..
I swear game will became very active if this is considered to even give a trial run for a week also.

Vroom has also asked why people prefer thinking over endgame.,but no action was taken..but
I have endgame ACC and am active but thinking is a new experience altogether that too mainly in AL.
It sat in a great position though it made profits or not to the company.

I say if it results in a LOSS then abandon it..but till then please do give this a try.

thekragle
04-07-2018, 12:19 PM

This is correct. I get this thread and understand your PvP frustrations but awakenings are helping Sts keep this game alive.

If awakenings are irrelevant in PvP less players will open awakenings, therefore less revenue. Maybe sts can create something new for PvP but I don't think we have a solution yet that works for us and them.

Korabiv
04-07-2018, 08:09 PM
Hmmm still don't think pvp can be revived like this. Awakens do hurt pvp, but there are other factors.

Big reason people avoid pvp is the negative atmosphere. Way too much "trash talk" (normally trash talk is ok and even sometimes fun, but AL pvpers take it too far), drama and unfair play (ganging, etc.) Only way to deal with this would be give temporary pvp bans (not banned from game, just pvp) to players who violate some sort of "fair play" rules.

I used to love pvp but it took a turn for the worst. I still enjoy pve enough to continue playing this game, even though I would like to see pvp come back. Pve is alot less stressful and still lets us enjoy the gameplay. The undead mages in maus may curse me, but they will never curse at me!

Nightwatched
04-07-2018, 09:35 PM
Hmmm still don't think pvp can be revived like this. Awakens do hurt pvp, but there are other factors.

Big reason people avoid pvp is the negative atmosphere. Way too much "trash talk" (normally trash talk is ok and even sometimes fun, but AL pvpers take it too far), drama and unfair play (ganging, etc.) Only way to deal with this would be give temporary pvp bans (not banned from game, just pvp) to players who violate some sort of "fair play" rules.

I used to love pvp but it took a turn for the worst. I still enjoy pve enough to continue playing this game, even though I would like to see pvp come back. Pve is alot less stressful and still lets us enjoy the gameplay. The undead mages in maus may curse me, but they will never curse at me!

Hey I get trash talk is a problem,but this happens in all levels and is something that can be avoided with that ignore button..
Actually speaking,after so long without thinking,i actually MISS that atmosphere whether negative or not BADLY.

quileos
04-07-2018, 11:57 PM
This is correct. I get this thread and understand your PvP frustrations but awakenings are helping Sts keep this game alive.

If awakenings are irrelevant in PvP less players will open awakenings, therefore less revenue. Maybe sts can create something new for PvP but I don't think we have a solution yet that works for us and them.What he said was to disable awakenings at low levels so that the stats become more balanced for playing pvp. Those ll still work in pve.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Nightwatched
04-08-2018, 01:08 AM
Or,
How about removing JUST the ARMOR AWAKENINGS from present gear level 20 and under gears....and also prevent awakening gems from giving +ARMOR ,+ARMOR % AWAKENINGS from now on to gears under level 20.
So there will be a good balance and also many many many people will return..I personally know a whole guild of around 500 -1000 people who quit for this reason..

Susanne
04-08-2018, 01:20 AM
I don't PvP at all but I've been playing AL for a very long time and I think PvP should be revived. I can't see why not and I miss seeing the twinks in towns. Yes there is a lot of trash talk and yes it did get too heated but maybe that has something to do with the imbalance, i.e. awakens and pets. It was fine once and maybe it can be again. I think that, given a chance, PvP could be good for the game..I may even give it a go but only if it is made more balanced. Nightwatched's ideas are good and valid and should at least be given a chance but that's just my opinion and nobody listens to me.

Nightwatched
04-08-2018, 01:31 AM
I don't PvP at all but I've been playing AL for a very long time and I think PvP should be revived. I can't see why not and I miss seeing the twinks in towns. Yes there is a lot of trash talk and yes it did get too heated but maybe that has something to do with the imbalance, i.e. awakens and pets. It was fine once and maybe it can be again. I think that, given a chance, PvP could be good for the game..I may even give it a go but only if it is made more balanced. Nightwatched's ideas are good and valid and should at least be given a chance but that's just my opinion and nobody listens to me.

Hey TY firstly for supporting this idea.

To be very honest, I have waited for sts to do something for the low level PvP players for a very very long time now,
Which has actually gotten to the point of me and my guild desperately asking people to come to 14 to try PvP EVEN WITH ALL THE AWAKENS just for the fun we had during the golden time of AL.

It is hard to kill but now we manage to do 4v4 most of the time and kills are happening and is really fun..

But it's all in their hand s to make a huge comeback to low level PvP again..at least a trial run whether it's truly affecting certain things in game that they wouldn't want disturbed..then by all means..shut down PvP thinking forever..
You can even close PvP rooms for all levels except 61+

But for the sake of all the people who truly adore your games PvP would like you to consider this for once.

Tysm

shadowronn
04-09-2018, 07:02 AM
the guild i was once in, there was this level 14 twink dude who had spent over 250 million gold on PVP sets for all his 3 classes, and he wasn't the only one, there was like at least 500 million worth of pvp sets in my guild alone, that's a crazy ton of gold obtained through plat. there was like this certain charm that attracts lots of people to lower brackets, be it competition or the urge to be the best etc.

Earlingstad
04-14-2018, 04:19 AM
What you are saying is remove awakenings from low levels so that stats are balanced for more people to play.

I do not agree because it is not like the players who have awakened items had it in a platter laid out for them, they worked for it, spent platinums/gold to awaken. So you mean the rest do not need to awaken (come on now awaken gems are at their cheapest!) and instead others must be pulled a notch lower and made convenient to suit your needs. Not acceptable.

If you have a problem with armor awakening and damage being very low at the lowest levels then LEVEL UP to a level that you feel comfy in.

And if the only problem is armor awaken that you cannot penetrate then use PETS that soften the armor on enemy. Or request STS for more new pets that eat up more enemy armor.

Whether it is better awakening or better pets you need to work for it. You cant expect everything to be stagnant to suit your comfort zone. Games are about having goals.

That being said, ideally I would ask sts to remove pets from pvp because AGES AGO IN SEASON 2 GOLDEN DAYS I was used to playing pet-less in the first days, pets really 'messed up the balance' back in the day but we all had to cope with it and get used to the new system by setting goals.

Paw
04-14-2018, 04:29 AM
We need a massive damage buff at the lowest levels in PvP which decreases as you level. Should sort out the armor issues

Earlingstad
04-14-2018, 04:30 AM
We need a massive damage buff at the lowest levels in PvP which decreases as you level. Should sort out the armor issues

Or we need a pet that eats up more enemy armor during clashes.

Paw
04-14-2018, 04:37 AM
Or we need a pet that eats up more enemy armor during clashes.

Wont work as it will seriously unbalance higher level PvP. Would need atleast a 50% debuff at low level for it to be useful which will make endgame a nightmare

quileos
04-15-2018, 05:17 AM
What you are saying is remove awakenings from low levels so that stats are balanced for more people to play.

I do not agree because it is not like the players who have awakened items had it in a platter laid out for them, they worked for it, spent platinums/gold to awaken. So you mean the rest do not need to awaken (come on now awaken gems are at their cheapest!) and instead others must be pulled a notch lower and made convenient to suit your needs. Not acceptable.

If you have a problem with armor awakening and damage being very low at the lowest levels then LEVEL UP to a level that you feel comfy in.

And if the only problem is armor awaken that you cannot penetrate then use PETS that soften the armor on enemy. Or request STS for more new pets that eat up more enemy armor.

Whether it is better awakening or better pets you need to work for it. You cant expect everything to be stagnant to suit your comfort zone. Games are about having goals.

That being said, ideally I would ask sts to remove pets from pvp because AGES AGO IN SEASON 2 GOLDEN DAYS I was used to playing pet-less in the first days, pets really 'messed up the balance' back in the day but we all had to cope with it and get used to the new system by setting goals.He didn't say to remove awakens. The awakens ll be there , however they won't work in PvP maps maybe up to certain level for example level 21. Being a twink player myself , I'd prefer if the stats get more balanced in low levels so that skills could be an important factor instead of over powered gears. Imagine if a level 10 warrior has the armour stat of that of a level 30+ which is 2k raw armour stat. Now that ll be messed up because you just can't reach the damage stat even if you stack para stones and chaos jewels to counter that much armour.

Earlingstad
04-15-2018, 11:50 PM
He didn't say to remove awakens. The awakens ll be there , however they won't work in PvP maps maybe up to certain level.

Thats almost as same as removing awakens altogether since low levels usually awaken in order to PVP (there maybe a few exceptions who do pve rune farming).

No thanks. If armor is the problem then we must get a brand new armor-slashing PET, the ability of which decreases as the level rises to avoid endgame nightmares. Lets farm for it. Or Lets buy the new pet.

Or let us get a new type of rare awakening - one which makes the enemy lose armor kind of like lifesteal but actually armorsteal. The awakening works on cutting down enemy armor by 1%-5%. When multiple enemies hit one target, the highest debuff overrides others.

Removing awakens from awakened gear that players invested in is like asking for arcane or heroic pets to be removed because hey they buff stats its inconvenient for us! Or lets remove housing buffs they are op! Or LETS PLAY NAKED because some of us cant be bothered to grab the equipment we need to pvp :dread:

Nightwatched
04-16-2018, 02:35 AM
Thats almost as same as removing awakens altogether since low levels usually awaken in order to PVP (there maybe a few exceptions who do pve rune farming).

No thanks. If armor is the problem then we must get a brand new armor-slashing PET, the ability of which decreases as the level rises to avoid endgame nightmares. Lets farm for it. Or Lets buy the new pet.

Or let us get a new type of rare awakening - one which makes the enemy lose armor kind of like lifesteal but actually armorsteal. The awakening works on cutting down enemy armor by 1%-5%. When multiple enemies hit one target, the highest debuff overrides others.

Removing awakens from awakened gear that players invested in is like asking for arcane or heroic pets to be removed because hey they buff stats its inconvenient for us! Or lets remove housing buffs they are op! Or LETS PLAY NAKED because some of us cant be bothered to grab the equipment we need to pvp :dread:

Hey I know what you mean that everyone worked hard for it,
But just disabling awakens in the lower level in ONE PARTICULAR map isn't going to do any harm.
It will motivate the pvp lovers to twink again and people who want pvp with awakens can go to a normal map(which is beyond dead anyway as of now).
I have a endgame acc and a twink acc also and I strongly believe I really liked twinkies and I know the game has moved on but I would like them to create a pet ALSO as u say and to balance the ARMOR AND DAMAGE imbalance.I just want a fair low level possible pvp scenario again be it any sort..
But I thought disabling awakenings in a separate new pvp map will be the easiest to implement so they can get an idea of how many people are still into pvp to proceed further on decisions related to pvp.

Azebor
04-16-2018, 05:48 PM
All they have to do is change armor awaken to their % counterparts:

+150 armor = +5% armor
+125 armor = +4% armor,
+100 armor = +3% armor,
+75 armor = +2% armor,
+50 armor = +1% armor

Apply the same concept to other +stats like health, mana, str, dex, int.

That way everyone can keep their awakenings but it will scale with your level's base stats and base gear.

Suentous PO
04-16-2018, 11:07 PM
Too lazy to dig up the post but Cinco already had the idea to have a pvp mode where everyone was given one set of unchangable balanced gear. I'd still like to see that....

Nohealth
04-17-2018, 12:25 AM
All they have to do is change armor awaken to their % counterparts:

+150 armor = +5% armor
+125 armor = +4% armor,
+100 armor = +3% armor,
+75 armor = +2% armor,
+50 armor = +1% armor

Apply the same concept to other +stats like health, mana, str, dex, int.

That way everyone can keep their awakenings but it will scale with your level's base stats and base gear.That's a nice idea actually. It will lower twinks armor by a lot problems stay pets (referring to dreambot) maybe if sts turns off armor from pets in pvp players will be "forced" to use dmg pets and the balance should be back. It's worth trying at least in lvls below 61

Verbie
04-17-2018, 09:35 PM
Too lazy to dig up the post but Cinco already had the idea to have a pvp mode where everyone was given one set of unchangable balanced gear. I'd still like to see that....Maybe this would be a good idea for a surprise event? [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mrshield
05-01-2018, 12:12 AM
I miiss the day when no gem,jewels,para,awakenings. Pvp was very fun and balance. This days when you rich you have good awakening,jewels your strong but no skills.

Rdzy
05-01-2018, 03:55 AM
A wrong move from sts. When the awaken comes to this game devs should customize a combo awaken so that they can control the stats and avoid being abuse like there is 300%+ gold loot in 1 item :/ there should be customize awaken enhancement stats. But i think theres a better solution for this. We all know guys awaken on pvp making the pvp unbalance only rich enjoys the game and rogue especially on 61 cap last year !

2nd option :

What if the pvp map required a specific item to join pvp map? Like u need to comply these items to join. WARRIOR ITEM | MAGE ITEM | ROGUE ITEM|. Its for the sts what gears they should implement its their decision what gears would make the pvp balance....
This is only my suggestion :)no hate pla
Since i quit this game for 5 months but still cant leave the AL's presence : currently i play pl

Rdzy
05-01-2018, 04:06 AM
Or maybe STS should have a Gear to acces pvp map in twink levels :)
This gear can be bought by Plat :)
This gear will make twink pvp balance and having a tournament on this would have a big impact on sts. CONSIDERING DIS AN ESPORTS?😂😂