PDA

View Full Version : Halloween ghost set scam

Nightwatched
04-09-2018, 04:54 AM
Guys!
There's a new way of scamming hard earned and beware of this to protect your belongings.
Some people are coming in maps equipped with ghost Halloween items,and blatantly asking for very simple questions.
Like the one asked me,how do I join a house?.
This person had a ghost set and I lowballed his item ..he was saying oh u give so much gold and all,he gets me excited and then removes it and trades me and then places
"Halloween gargoyle vest" in the trade screen ,I think thought this was the item since I've never seen it and accepted..
I have lost 17m gold...guys please beware of this cheating ..
He even asked me to give him back the vest to continue his technique with others..this got me truly pissed and hurt..
I learnt a lesson ..even if you are blinded by our desire..jus keep it conscience and guard up all times till the last second..
And notify others of the scam.
I can't get my stuff back..but I hope this person gets some justice served.

Nightwatched
04-09-2018, 04:56 AM
Even the description of Halloween gargoyle vest says :this is a SPECIAL vanity only for mages for 2014.
This WORD SPECIAL got me...dang..dang..
I am so regretting right now.

Azerothraven
04-09-2018, 05:32 AM
Don’t lowball

Nightwatched
04-09-2018, 05:42 AM
I know I was lowballing but isn't this scam banable????
People like this are getting on my nerves..will this rich player scammer get bannable?

phillyr
04-09-2018, 06:59 AM
I don't think its bannable. It's up to the players to make sure you know what you are buying. Always double check. Thanks for the heads up, all we can really do is keep each other informed of such practices

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Azerothraven
04-09-2018, 07:31 AM
Would you have given it back if he did make the trade for 17m then realized it was worth 200m? Then asked you to give it back to him? Would that have been a scam if you didn’t give it back?

swoutttt
04-09-2018, 07:44 AM
lowballing is bad mmmmmkay

Anyway next time try to check auction when your not sure. Although Gargoyle i think is one of my fav vanitys, its defenitly not worth 17m... same for ghost set btw. Always be carefull when a deal is to good to be true.

Lethoiun
04-09-2018, 07:46 AM
Ouch well lesson learned

Screenshotz
04-09-2018, 07:53 AM
Congratulations, you played yourself

Also if you are the ign “Bblueraider” you have seen Ghost vest before, you actually owned one lol

Nightwatched
04-09-2018, 08:28 AM
Congratulations, you played yourself

Also if you are the ign “Bblueraider” you have seen Ghost vest before, you actually owned one lol

I should have consulted him ..I wanted to but he's been offline..I tried asking many pro people on this..but I jus thought I was getting a hell of a deal

Fyrce
04-09-2018, 11:22 AM
I hate and ignore lowballers, because yes, to me they are scammers and super annoying. Like roaches they come out of the darkness in droves. Pretty sure I have ignored enough of them by now thank goodness. Life is much quieter and more honest without them.