PDA

View Full Version : Star Legends! To be nominated..

BodMaster
11-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Hey Guys/Gals,

Throughout my time on the STS forums and playing SL, I hear things like "SL is the best game ever!" constantly now here is your time to prove that you were not just saying for the fun of it ;)

Please Vote SL in the Mashable awards!

Here's the link in Announcements, (Can also sign in through FB and Twitter to vote)

There has been a total of 10 responses on the thread since being made on the 7th, how many play SL? come on lets help as much as we possibly can! (Maybe more that have voted but did not post on thread)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?41938-Vote-for-Star-Legends-in-the-2011-Mashable-Awards&p=476578#post476578

Star Legends and STS team in general deserve this most in my opinion, the hard work they put in to making our playing experience what it is today!

Here's the direct link to vote,

http://mashable.com/follow/contests/mashable-awards-2011/category/game-of-the-year/

Vote Star Legends Game of the year! Now :D

SuperNas
11-09-2011, 02:26 PM
Marshable award go to mobile games or all games?

I would vote sl as best MOBILE MMO (experience) of the year but not best game of the year.

Olz
11-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Hi Bod I just voted for sl. Come on ppl vote!

BodMaster
11-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Marshable award go to mobile games or all games?

I would vote sl as best MOBILE MMO (experience) of the year but not best game of the year.

As Sam posted in Announcement OP, its for any game that was launched in 2011 with a social component.

Though I understand what you're saying, I can easily say this is the Game I have played the most in the whole year and SL was only released in July.

Everyone to their own, but tho it may not be better graphics than a PS3 or Xbox etc, the game play is second to none IMO and im positive most will agree :)

Kahlua
11-09-2011, 03:02 PM
If this is for all games, I can't in a right conscience vote for SL. It's the best mobile phone game I've played, hands down. But there's just so many pretty xbox games ^_^ I'm just not going to vote at all to save face :D

Bakoffmycandy
11-09-2011, 03:03 PM
I book marked it 4 days ago, only remembered to vote 2 outa those 4. Thanks for the reminder Bod :frog:

CanonicalKoi
11-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Twittered! Tweeted! Whatever. :) Thanks for the reminder/kick-in-the-rear, Bod!

Handsofmyvodka
11-09-2011, 03:41 PM
If this is for all games, I can't in a right conscience vote for SL. It's the best mobile phone game I've played, hands down. But there's just so many pretty xbox games ^_^ I'm just not going to vote at all to save face :Di agree, its a really good game but it's not the best.

Slant
11-09-2011, 04:01 PM
ok for any doubts, this is not the game of the year award, this is Mashable's game of the year award, and Mashable is an award for technologies that connect a lot of things (thats what "Mash" is about), can you think of another game thats playable on your browser, mobile phone, and tablet, and across two major mobile platforms, that involves a community of active gamers.... if there is one, that game deserves your vote, if there isnt, then plz vote for SL lol you are voting for how mashy this game is, not how good this game is

CanonicalKoi
11-09-2011, 04:07 PM
While there are a ton of fun games out there, the nomination is for, "This category honors the reader’s choice for the best game that has a social component launched in 2011." The Mashables are, "...a community-nominated voting program that recognizes the companies, people and projects that made the biggest impact on the digital landscape this year." Really, I can't think of any better game released in 2011 with a social component than SL and I think it's made a pretty big impact on mobile gaming. My approximately 2.5 cents. ;)

ETA: Condensed version: What Slant said. :D

Kahlua
11-09-2011, 04:10 PM
ok for any doubts, this is not the game of the year award, this is Mashable's game of the year award, and Mashable is an award for technologies that connect a lot of things (thats what "Mash" is about), can you think of another game thats playable on your browser, mobile phone, and tablet, and across two major mobile platforms, that involves a community of active gamers.... if there is one, that game deserves your vote, if there isnt, then plz vote for SL lol you are voting for how mashy this game is, not how good this game is
Skyrim looks pretty epic...

EDIT: plus, it just says games that have a social component. Technically that can refer to PSN or XBL or any MMO game really. They should really have it separated by systems or atleast mobile, and then everything else.

BodMaster
11-09-2011, 09:11 PM
i agree, its a really good game but it's not the best.

Skyrim looks pretty epic...

EDIT: plus, it just says games that have a social component. Technically that can refer to PSN or XBL or any MMO game really. They should really have it separated by systems or atleast mobile, and then everything else.

Uses mystical Bod powers, "You must vote for SL as the best game of the year all the cool kids are doing it"

If that didn't work, there is no hope for any of us :O

Ebalere
11-09-2011, 09:19 PM
1. We all vote for SL

2. SL wins award

3. Award encourages newcomers, increases awareness, more plat sold

4. STS has more resources to develop, other businesses (Google, Sony, etc.) want to work with STS.

5. YOU get a better game.

See how that works? So vote!

BodMaster
11-09-2011, 09:24 PM
1. We all vote for SL

2. SL wins award

4. STS has more resources to develop, other businesses (Google, Sony, etc.) want to work with STS.

See how that works? So vote!

Was hoping didn't have to explain that part as seemed pretty straight forward...... but woooooop! Go Eba :D

Handsofmyvodka
11-09-2011, 09:48 PM
ok for any doubts, this is not the game of the year award, this is Mashable's game of the year award, and Mashable is an award for technologies that connect a lot of things (thats what "Mash" is about), can you think of another game thats playable on your browser, mobile phone, and tablet, and across two major mobile platforms, that involves a community of active gamers.... if there is one, that game deserves your vote, if there isnt, then plz vote for SL lol you are voting for how mashy this game is, not how good this game ishow about Order And Chaos? Lol

BodMaster
11-09-2011, 10:05 PM
how about Order And Chaos? Lol

Not even tried that due to the hax0r side of that game :p

Moogerfooger
11-09-2011, 10:12 PM
If this is for all games, I can't in a right conscience vote for SL. It's the best mobile phone game I've played, hands down. But there's just so many pretty xbox games ^_^ I'm just not going to vote at all to save face :D

^^ This.

BodMaster
11-09-2011, 10:19 PM
^^ This.

Not you aswel Moog :O

Moogerfooger
11-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Not you aswel Moog :O

I have never been one to mince words, as Canonical can tell you. I do not drink the Kool-Aid very often.

Kakatoa91
11-10-2011, 01:24 AM
Oh no I vote PL lol... didnt c the post of Sam in SL section :D

BodMaster
11-10-2011, 11:43 AM
Oh no I vote PL lol... didnt c the post of Sam in SL section :D

Hehe main reason for this thread, people always miss Announcements that aren't New Content related lol :p

SUPAPRODIGY
11-10-2011, 11:53 AM
I VOTED Star Legends The BlackStar Chronicles as Game of the year.

Support this amazing game and Vote Now.

ninjaduck
11-10-2011, 12:03 PM
I VOTED Star Legends The BlackStar Chronicles as Game of the year.

Support this amazing game and Vote Now.
yeah!! me too :applause:

BodMaster
11-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Come on peeps! :D

"Nominate your favorite company, person, site, game, app or gadget in the 5th annual Mashable Awards.
You can submit one nomination per category every day. Mashable's editors will select seven finalists for each category, and finalists will be announced on Nov. 21, then readers will vote for the winners. Awards winners will be announced on Mashable on Dec. 19."

Kahlua
11-10-2011, 12:16 PM
I'm waiting for Skyrim to come out tomorrow before I start voting ^_^

BodMaster
11-10-2011, 12:19 PM

Hehe I have mine on reserve too ;)

One each day so could give to multiple :p

CanonicalKoi
11-10-2011, 04:49 PM
*looks at calendar, sighs and pokes Diablo 3* Is it 2012, yet? :)

BodMaster
11-10-2011, 06:23 PM
*looks at calendar, sighs and pokes Diablo 3* Is it 2012, yet? :)

Just voted.

Hehe, don't forget to vote again today and for the next 7 days :D

CappinClutch
11-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Voted for SL the second I saw the post on my newsfeed from Mashable...Cappin's order, "rock the vote." ;-p

CanonicalKoi
11-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Just voted.

Hehe, don't forget to vote again today and for the next 7 days :D

The Tweet has been twittered or something like that there. :)

(Oh! And deeply hating both Bod and Kahlua right now. Been good...never look at PsP3 games because I try and avoid temptation. I looked. Dang. I hate you both right now. ;) ) *wanders off to check prices on PsP3's*

SuperNas
11-10-2011, 07:43 PM
how about Order And Chaos? Lol

Not even tried that due to the hax0r side of that game :p

I play order & chaos every time I reach lvl cap on sl. I like both games but If I had to choose I would go with sl cuz I meet more people here

SuperNas
11-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Me too I can't wait!

Kahlua
11-10-2011, 09:55 PM

(Oh! And deeply hating both Bod and Kahlua right now. Been good...never look at PsP3 games because I try and avoid temptation. I looked. Dang. I hate you both right now. ;) ) *wanders off to check prices on PsP3's*
I'm getting it for the xbox 360 :D

BodMaster
11-10-2011, 10:06 PM

Lmao! What's your twitter? only made mine for SL the other day lol, its @BodMasta_SL :p

I'm getting it for the xbox 360 :D

Same :D

BodMaster
11-10-2011, 10:07 PM
I play order & chaos every time I reach lvl cap on sl. I like both games but If I had to choose I would go with sl cuz I meet more people here

Tried and it isn't available on my phone :( id get to addicted anyway :p

Rittik
11-11-2011, 07:12 AM
I did it voted Star Legends! yippeee just waiting for SL for winning

Bakoffmycandy
11-11-2011, 05:59 PM
1. We all vote for SL

2. SL wins award

TOTAL WIN! Charlie Sheen is hiding in a cave somewhere in hopes that you don't come take his Winning crown away from him!

thequickone
11-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Voted, I have. And for SL, even! And I shall do it again and again until I can vote no more.

Now, you all must help me, for I am supremely confused... :confused: How could anyone here NOT be voting for SL for Game of the Year? Especially the ones that I see in the game and on the forums so often. I am not presuming to know what the rest of you are doing with your time, but I spend every moment available for playing games playing SL. Consequently, it always had my vote, and was just waiting for the award to come along. :D

Also, I think withholding a vote now so you can vote for a game that hasn't even come out yet a bit strange. Please correct me if I misunderstood (i.e., it's out now and you're waiting for its release on another platform). Keep in mind, this award is for Game of the Year for 2011. It is, isn't it? It only seems natural that a game that has been out more of the year should carry more weight in consideration. ;)

Just my 2 credits...

Kahlua
11-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Voted, I have. And for SL, even! And I shall do it again and again until I can vote no more.

Now, you all must help me, for I am supremely confused... :confused: How could anyone here NOT be voting for SL for Game of the Year? Especially the ones that I see in the game and on the forums so often. I am not presuming to know what the rest of you are doing with your time, but I spend every moment available for playing games playing SL. Consequently, it always had my vote, and was just waiting for the award to come along. :D

Also, I think withholding a vote now so you can vote for a game that hasn't even come out yet a bit strange. Please correct me if I misunderstood (i.e., it's out now and you're waiting for its release on another platform). Keep in mind, this award is for Game of the Year for 2011. It is, isn't it? It only seems natural that a game that has been out more of the year should carry more weight in consideration. ;)

Just my 2 credits...

I didn't vote for SL because it's not the best game I've played this year. Skyrim came out today, and it's still 2011 in my book. It's one of the most anticipated games of the year. If it turns out to be anything like the other Elder Scrolls games, or like Fall Out 3 (Same company - Bethesda Studios), then it's going to be the Game of the Year for games in it's category.

Kanozaki
11-11-2011, 09:03 PM
vote vote vote :)

BodMaster
11-12-2011, 12:32 AM
vote vote vote :)

Wooooop! Keep them coming ;)

Voted? Vote again, each and every day for next 6 days :p

BodMaster
11-13-2011, 09:16 AM
4 days left if you haven't done so today, vote for the next 4 days :D

(one vote per day)