PDA

View Full Version : Skill respec "do-overs"

Kahlua
11-09-2011, 04:47 PM
There's been a few times in my STS games career that I've gone to respec my skills to try something new. Sometimes I was merely curious as to see what comes at the later levels and if it would be worth even investing points in at all. Unfortunately, when you respec your skill points, it's a one and done deal. As soon as you put a point in, it stays in. If you accidentally put too many points in a skill, you're either stuck with it, or you need to purchase another respec. So how about this:

Once a respec is purchased, allow us to tinker with our skill points to find a build we like. Allow us to add and remove skill points at will, and once we are finished, and click a button to accept the change. Prompt this with a "Are you sure?" so people don't complain about accidentally locking in their skills. This way, people can get the build they want without having to do multiple respecs at the exact same level because of errors or an immediate change of heart. This will not effect future respecs because even at lvl 36, I've respeced my commando a few times to try out new builds.

Crummypaladin
11-09-2011, 08:01 PM
LOL, I've done that a couple times myself! Spent $$ to respec my points but wasnt happy when I was done :\ Ended up paying twice.

But I learned after that! (OK maybe after the second time lol)

There is a way to tinker without paying to respec. When I get an itching to respec or just wanna play with my stats, I just start moving points around. It doesn't cost anything until you hit the submit button. I think I've played with it quite a bit and in the end, it's best to dump all points into primary stat. At least for Commandos.

For example, if I reduce the str of a level 36 comm from 180 to 158, I can increase my dex from 3 to 25. That will raise my base crit from 2 to 3. However, it costs 1dps, 6 health, and 5 mana points! May be worth it for some players I guess:-)

Play around with it some and see what you think. Just remember not to hit the submit button unless you are sure you want to respec:-) And if you find a build you'd like to respec to, write it down first cuz when you start to respec all your points are unallocated!

Perhaps that's an option to put in, when you select submit for a new stat build, give an option to use what you just built or to start from scratch. That would save players from writing them down. I guess some people can remember three numbers, but me...:-( Ask my wife, if she wants me to get three or more things from the grocery store, she knows she better give me a list or I'll forget something LOL.

bronislav84
11-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Crumm I think Kahlua is asking to be able to do for skills what you just described for stats.

Phantasm0162
11-09-2011, 08:42 PM
I agree with broni because skills are the powers used by mana :)

Kahlua
11-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Crumm I think Kahlua is asking to be able to do for skills what you just described for stats.

^^ This ^^

Silentarrow
11-09-2011, 09:10 PM
Great idea Kahlua!

Conradin
11-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Back when i twinked hardcore- i spent 800+ plat on builds and other have spent wayy more than me. Many times i would messed up because the screen would lag and the skill points wouldnt be how i wanted, This idea would be great!

Ebalere
11-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Simpler solution. Pay for the respec AFTER you respec. and remove skill points or add them prior to paying. If you don't pay before exiting menu, skills reset to what u had before.

Kahlua
11-09-2011, 09:33 PM
That's not necessarily simpler, it's just another way of doing it. Charging before and not locking in until the skills are accepted vs. charging after and not locking in until payment is given. Same idea, same result.

Personally I think STS would prefer to keep it where you pay first, just because that's the system they use for everything.

Crummypaladin
11-10-2011, 11:33 AM
<Blushes>

Int -1

Phoenixking
11-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Lol crumm!