PDA

View Full Version : Thief/Rogue Class

Suzume
04-15-2010, 07:36 AM
I know it has been suggested before but allow meto really flesh it out!

New class!

Thief

The thief would be represented as a raccoon as I think the animal suits. However, a cameleon is also a good animal representative of the class.

Class highlights!

Dexterity based combatant: the class would be what the Archer evasion melée build was like. They use daggers and bucklers.
Manipulates status effects: specifically poison, the thief utilizes stuns and various status effects to get the upper hand on the enemies.
Stealing: the thief gets a marginal increase on drop rates (5%) passively and activating a skill, can gain a percentage of extra gold.
Stealth: can go invisible for a short period of time to evade enemies which can also initiate specific skills that deal extra damage if utilized while in stealth.

Possible skills!

Backstab
Stealth
Steal
Dodge
Dual Wielding (use two daggers)
Poison Dagger
Throw Dagger

Just food for thought!

Suzume

GeeJee
04-15-2010, 07:40 AM
I would say, make it Ninja/Thief based. :)
With weapons like daggers, katana's and (poison) throwing knifes and ofcourse shurikens :P

But a great idea Suzume ^^

Suzume
04-15-2010, 08:06 AM
Additional thoughts!

A warrior, mage and rogue have been the three traditional role playing class archetypes since I have been playing games. In addition to that, the archer has managed to become an archetype of it's own:

Dungeons and Dragons, Ranger
World of Warcraft, Hunter
Legend of the Five Rings, Tsuruchi Bounty Hunter
Final Fantasy Tactics, Archer/Hunter
Aion, Ranger
Gauntlet, Valkyrie

The thief archetype is very traditional and is very unique and as the poster above, could be represented as a ninja even as ninja are very iconic as "thiefy."

Banned
04-15-2010, 08:12 AM
The Archer class is essentially a Rogue class as well. They just need more Rogue like skills to be a true Rogue class. Maybe allow them to dual wield Sais or something along those lines.

Buvet
04-15-2010, 08:28 AM
I think that other than the warrior, the classes that we have so far each have multiple "jobs" to do; creating new classes such as thief and healer would help to create more of a diversity among the players.

Suzume
04-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Diversity is not a bad thing. I found it awkward today that I was going through a dungeon today with four other Archers.

Flamin
04-15-2010, 09:57 AM
I think it should be more like thief/rogue/assassin

Banned
04-15-2010, 10:12 AM
@Flamin

Those are all the same o.o.

Flamin
04-15-2010, 12:50 PM
ya but I think adding in assassin stuff might change the class just a little since assassin is a little different from theif and rogue.

Flamin
04-15-2010, 01:02 PM
The theif/rogue/assassin class could be a fox or something.

Buvet
04-15-2010, 05:35 PM
You're forgeting the cleric in the basic rpg team. Remember: the optimal ff team was four white mages; don't disrespect =P