PDA

View Full Version : Issue regarding the use of apostrophes and quotes

Tippertwo
04-17-2018, 08:08 AM
Hey all! This might be a silly little issue, but nevertheless it's starting to get annoying. On the game, it appears we are not allowed to use apostrophes or quotes. We can type it in our chat all we like, but when we click enter they disappear. For example, if I want to say we're it takes away the apostrophe and makes it were. For quotes, if I want to add some emphasis to a word, it takes away the word enclosed in quotes. If I want to make a crying face: :'( it takes the apostrophe away. It's probably just me being weird, but it is starting to get on my nerves. This has been happening for awhile now, and it used to be just fine. Please look into this :)

Oakmaiden
04-17-2018, 03:51 PM
I too , am experiencing this problem.

Futumsh
04-17-2018, 04:53 PM
What platform are you seeing this on? Do you have a custom keyboard app? I was not able to reproduce this on iOS or the web client.

Tippertwo
04-17-2018, 06:02 PM
What platform are you seeing this on? Do you have a custom keyboard app? I was not able to reproduce this on iOS or the web client.
I have an iPad mini 4, IOS 11.3, and I have a keyboard that was already installed on the tablet when I bought it. I took a break from AL for a year and I had the same tablet. It worked fine then. But when I came back to playing, it was all screwed up.

Faliziaga
04-18-2018, 03:25 AM
same on iPad air 2, but what annoys me most, is the fact that my keyboard gets stuck sometimes when I want to quickly type something during a run and nothing happens, neither the characters appear nor I can close it again. It takes quite a while until something happens and meanwhile I have died. This occured first like 2-3 months ago, never had this before since game release.

Nohealth
04-18-2018, 03:30 AM
I can type just fine on android, including apostrophes.

Futumsh
04-18-2018, 09:45 AM
It looks like this is probably due to ios 11 'smart punctuation', though I couldn't get it to happen myself even though it's turned on. If someone that has the problem could check, settings -> general -> keyboards, disable the 'Smart Punctuation' toggle and see if the problem goes away?

Faliziaga
04-18-2018, 12:46 PM
It looks like this is probably due to ios 11 'smart punctuation', though I couldn't get it to happen myself even though it's turned on. If someone that has the problem could check, settings -> general -> keyboards, disable the 'Smart Punctuation' toggle and see if the problem goes away?

yep, that fixed it for me! What about the unresponsive/stuck keyboard in dungeons?

Tippertwo
04-18-2018, 12:56 PM
Yes, thank you, Futumsh, that worked splendidly!