PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Ping in Chrome Since Last Week's 404 Error

Glixr
04-25-2018, 01:50 PM
Are other Chrome users having terrible performance issues with Arcane Legends since last week's 404 error? The screen is so jumpy and glitchy that it is tough to even play right now. I'm reluctant to play anything other than super easy maps for fear of lag-related deaths, plus it's just not fun to look at a screen this jumpy.

Typically I play with ping reading of 20 to 70, since last week's 404 error, ping is hovering between 300 and 500, sometimes jumping to even higher. I'm not experiencing performance issues with other streaming media on this computer- YT, NF and videos on FB run normally. I've run ping tests on 3rd party test sites and connectivity to Dallas seems to be consistently between 40 and 60. There have been no changes to my wireless network or significant Windows updates in the past week that should impede performance on my LAN or PC. I even tried playing on a different wireless network over the weekend; the Chrome AL performance issue was still there, other streaming media tested ok.

I'm really hoping this gets fixed soon. My correspondence with Chad on this topic has been less than helpful so far.

Technical info:
Windows Pro 8.1 running on MS Surface Pro
Last Windows update 4/12
Chrome Version 66.0.3359.117 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Avast Pro v. 18.3.3333 dated 4/3/2018; virus definition update 4/25
Verizon FIOS internet
Tested on both 5.0 and 2.4 GHz wifi networks

Looking at Task Manager, nothing crazy going on with system/network resources. As I mentioned, no big changes on my computer or network recently. I currently just have this window open and a second one with the game, though fwiw, I've had multiple Chrome tabs open in the past without impacting gameplay.

Lojack
04-25-2018, 02:05 PM
"My correspondence with Chad"

He's customer support, so he has limits on action to take with bugs.
Please include OS type and version and any relevant details you can think of when reporting bugs, this helps programming out when they look at the issue.

Also, try closing any open apps, background processes etc. to see if it's something else on the machine causing the lag

Glixr
04-25-2018, 03:07 PM
Thanks. Edited original post to include hw and sw tech info.

Futumsh
04-25-2018, 05:46 PM
It may be useful to try it in firefox and see if you have the same issue. That would at least tell whether it's related to chrome / chrome extensions.

Fyrce
04-25-2018, 09:19 PM
I just updated my computer and yep, suddenly playing AL on Chrome is super slow.

How does one play on Firefox?

P.S. I just remembered something from previous Mac System updates, so I turned off reporting to devs or sending crash reports. So far it appears to have fixed the lag *fringers crossed* Nvm - horrible ping and lag like walking in molasses back again since event started.

Daughter
04-26-2018, 09:52 AM
It may be useful to try it in firefox and see if you have the same issue. That would at least tell whether it's related to chrome / chrome extensions.1. Are you new Spacetime Dev?

2. How to play on Firefox? I'm playing on Macbook Pro Retina 2018 and I can only play via Chrome too :/

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Lojack
04-26-2018, 10:31 AM
1. Are you new Spacetime Dev?

2. How to play on Firefox? I'm playing on Macbook Pro Retina 2018 and I can only play via Chrome too :/

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

https://www.mozilla.org/ is where you download Firefox

Then visit https://www.arcanelegendsgame.com// and click on the Play button

wowdah
04-26-2018, 04:50 PM
Try on vivaldi browser instead.

will0
04-26-2018, 05:16 PM
laggy graphics since playing in Chrome ... I thoiught is my pc but nope after running Maus I have to exit the game and the lag is then gone..

Fyrce
04-27-2018, 06:48 PM
Yeah, it's horrible ping and lag like walking in molasses back since event started. I am adjusting my goals in the event based upon this Chrome lag. Eek.

Ebereasider
04-28-2018, 07:58 AM
It may be useful to try it in firefox and see if you have the same issue. That would at least tell whether it's related to chrome / chrome extensions.

I was having terrible lag in chrome for days and resorted to playing only in my phone. I decided to give firefox a try after seeing this post and now it's running like Usain Bolt xD

Fyrce
04-28-2018, 02:15 PM
But how do you play AL on firefox? Where do you go?

Futumsh
04-28-2018, 03:39 PM
http://account.spacetimestudios.com/arcanelegends/

Infanteria
04-28-2018, 05:11 PM
the game does not even load in firefox

Futumsh
04-28-2018, 10:33 PM
the game does not even load in firefox

On what kind of machine and os? Can you PM the log from the javascript console when reloading?

will0
04-29-2018, 07:32 AM
http://account.spacetimestudios.com/arcanelegends/

FF is much better !! thanks !! bye bye chrome!

Zwid
05-02-2018, 02:33 AM
I had the same issue on google chrome after the update which was about one week ago.
I've tried Mozilla yesterday and on Mozilla this game is very smooth. i'll never go back to Chrome (ram eater)

EpicX
05-03-2018, 03:20 AM
I'm having the same issue since today too. Using it on chrome on win 10 64-bit.

Will use firefox and edit this comment for update/comparision.

Edit: I still prefer the chrome version as when in full screen in firefox, when you hover your mouse to top it goes to browser menu. Sometimes, when pressing store or anything,it is really close to the Close[X] button. I've mistakenly closed it two times already. So I'll just stick to chrome for now.

Also: Firefox seems to take my inputs at a delay it seems. Example: when I press movement controls WASD it has a slight delay for whatever reasons.