PDA

View Full Version : Best DPS class?

Jonathon Pennewell
11-10-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm sure this has been posted somewhere on the forum but Haven't browsed long enough to find it, I'm trying to figure out which class has the best DPS? I've heard a number of things, like Melee bird, or full DEX bird, so please enlighten me. :chuncky:

Cytokinesis
11-10-2011, 07:28 PM
pure dex bird/archer

Battlelock
11-10-2011, 07:30 PM
From what i've gathered for pve, dex bird for single target and mage for aoe. I think for over all best dps its a bird. Could be wrong.

Jonathon Pennewell
11-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the quick responses.

Cytokinesis
11-10-2011, 07:33 PM
and if u need any help with archers, here r some excellent guides
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16244-Comprehensive-Archer-Skills-and-Equipment-Guide
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20829-How-Physiologic-Plays-PL-A-video-example-on-how-to-be-an-archer
and both were made by Physiologic ;)

Elyseon
11-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Actually dexbears can reach the highest dps as they are able to buff that stat and birds cannot, for instance my 61 bear once reached 680 dps buffed, but birds are higher in over all dmg per second (actual not the stat) buffing crit really boosts dpa but is not shown in stat and also bird skill are high dmg

Appleisaac
11-10-2011, 07:40 PM
I have heard that dex bears have best dps... I could be wrong, and personally I prefer a bird.

CrimsonTalons
11-10-2011, 09:42 PM
its too broad a range to give a complete and definitive answer....It all depends on many factors such as level/weapons/skills and stat setup...

Literally ANY class can wield any weapon so long as they meet the level and stat requirements.

If you want the best DPS, id say for Melee....go for someone with a lot of DEX and a powerful dagger. My dexchantress with her obedience dagger at 61 and 150 dex does over 530 DPS when shes fully buffed. plus her crit goes over 90% so imagine the true damage per second.

your results may vary of course. happy testing!

Battlelock
11-10-2011, 10:17 PM
STATS & ACTUAL are a lot different.

NECROREAPER
11-10-2011, 11:32 PM
yeah but think of the highest actual DAMAGE class....:

Me

^^^ Lol

JaytB
11-11-2011, 12:15 AM
Yo do realize that high DPS is NOT necessarily equal to dealing high dmg, right? There are A LOT of examples where a lower dps actually deals more dmg per second than a high dps. Just sayin' :)

Singleteddy
11-11-2011, 08:38 PM
I have high-level DEX-oriented characters of all classes. All three classes can put out a lot of single target damage, but in my experience, in a mixed party, an enraged DEX bear puts out the most damage in the party because of the following:

Rage has a higher damage bonus than Blessing of Might (half the damage bonus) and Focus (no damage bonus).
Rage has a smaller crit bonus, but crit bonus does no good past 100% crit.
An archer's Break Armor skill increases the DPS of everyone in the party, not just the archer. :)

Now, if this were an all-bear vs. all-enchantress vs. all-bird party comparison, all-birds would rule against the single target (assuming they can all stay alive).

Pakax
11-11-2011, 09:42 PM
I was thinking of replying but giving a complete answer to this would just take too much time. Best advice i think is to read all the docs on build And spend time testing! So start three toons and try them all out with a dext setup (dext talons deal the most damage - truth - whatever the class of your toon)

CrimsonTalons
11-11-2011, 11:28 PM
are talons really deadlier than daggers for dps? my dexchantress rips through enemies quite handily with hers...

Pakax
11-12-2011, 03:40 PM
I actually meant dagger / not talon ! Thanks for the correction. At 60+ the glyph obedience dagger is unbeatable for dps.