PDA

View Full Version : info Missing from Shipyard Quest Write-ups

CanonicalKoi
11-10-2011, 08:42 PM
There's some info missing from the Shipyard quest write-ups once they're completed. Whether you're in base or in another dungeon, it says "Use a Comm Terminal on the (next level location) to talk to the CyCorp Representative." If you're on Blackstar Base you can actually just turn the quest in to NPC "CyCorp Representative" in CyCorps HQ area without having to hit up a Comm Terminal in another level. Maybe, "Contact the CyCorp Representative by Comm Terminal or on Blackstar Base" would work instead.

JSL
11-11-2011, 10:58 AM
There's some info missing from the Shipyard quest write-ups once they're completed. Whether you're in base or in another dungeon, it says "Use a Comm Terminal on the (next level location) to talk to the CyCorp Representative." If you're on Blackstar Base you can actually just turn the quest in to NPC "CyCorp Representative" in CyCorps HQ area without having to hit up a Comm Terminal in another level. Maybe, "Contact the CyCorp Representative by Comm Terminal or on Blackstar Base" would work instead.

Hey CanonicalKoi;

Can you tell me the specific quest name or names you've seen this with?

CanonicalKoi
11-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Oof. I should've known you'd want the quest names. :) I'll have to run a char through to get all the names, but "Power Plant" would be one example where you're directed to talk to the CyCorp Rep via Comm Terminal, not mentioning that you can turn it in while on Blackstar Base. It's the same deal when you get Shipyard quests from the Major on Blackstar--the write-up for "Fugitive", for example, when the quest is complete says, "Use a Comm Terminal on the Pulse Modification Deck to talk to Major". You can also turn it in directly to Major if you head back to Blackstar.

The way that it's written up makes it sound like you *must* turn it in via the Comm Terminal on whatever the next level is, where you can actually turn it in to NPCs (either CyCorp Rep or Major) in Blackstar as well.

ETA: For examples for the CyCorp Rep quests: Power Plant, Finders Keepers, Hi-Tech Hi-Explosives. Here's some screenshots.

Write up after Power Plant is done:

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/Moorit/questlog.png

If you stop at Blackstar and have the quest arrow activated, it directs you over to CyCorp HQ and the Rep has the "?" over her head:

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/Moorit/questturnin.png

When you turn into her, here's the dialog:

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/Moorit/questturnin2.png

Skeletonlord
11-11-2011, 02:25 PM
you can still complete the quest? good find!

Flip
11-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Being able to turn in/gain the quests from either location is intentional. When you're in Cycorp you're using a communication terminal to radio back to Blackstar. The quest descriptions could indicate this better, thanks CK!

JSL
11-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Just as Flip said; I can understand the confusion from the description, but nearly every "quest giver" in the game allows you to return to them as opposed to using the Comm Devices. I think this is a widely known part of the game and we don't have data to suggest that it's an issue otherwise; especially since these are higher level quests.

The Comm Devices are typically used to allow one to continue playing in their dungeon or group while still turning a quest in.

That being said, we're never opposed to clarification or an edit to make that more clear in the quest description.

octavos
11-11-2011, 03:36 PM
The Comm Devices are typically used to allow one to continue playing in their dungeon or group while still turning a quest in.
would it be safe to sugest to put those devices towards the end of the level instead? if that was part of the intent it would make more sense because you would have to walk all the way back to the start of the level.

most quests i have seen take the whole/most duration of the level to finish :p

-Ghost 2 invisible cents :p

bronislav84
11-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Why near the end? Maybe one near the big final bosses room since there's no sixth level, but every other quest it makes sense to go to the next zone and having a console in your face for turning in old quests and picking up new ones.

That said, I do agree the turn in messages should indicate you can also go talk to the NPC directly.

octavos
11-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Why near the end? Maybe one near the big final bosses room since there's no sixth level, but every other quest it makes sense to go to the next zone and having a console in your face for turning in old quests and picking up new ones.

That said, I do agree the turn in messages should indicate you can also go talk to the NPC directly.

yes thats what i meant sorry, cant write and work lol.
yea first one from NPC then u go into first level its at the end, next level at the start of level, but the last level where there is a boss, yes at the end again.

create a consistant flow so your with the team the whole way instead of back tracking. but yes theres missions where you have to back track lol