PDA

View Full Version : Ban hammers on me?

Nick41324
11-10-2011, 08:52 PM
I was just trading with a lvl 21 farmer in game desperate for money. He said to me, "I'll sell you crystal leather and a crystal bow L21 for 500k" and I said "what about 200k?". He obviously accepted the offer and over the time span of about 10 mins he got mad at me when he wanted his money back. I said "no it was a fair trade and nobody got scammed here. please stop". He didn't like that so much... So he told me to either buy him 5 glyphic steel blades or give him back his stuff. I said "PLEASE leave me alone". He started counting down from 3 and told me he was going to have all his friends report me... I left and he probably told his friends to report me...

Now what.. Lol

Ayc2000
11-10-2011, 08:55 PM
your not going to be banned so...
go nuke some monsters? ;D

13lacklegionz
11-10-2011, 08:56 PM
I was just trading with a lvl 21 farmer in game desperate for money. He said to me, "I'll sell you crystal leather and a crystal bow L21 for 500k" and I said "what about 200k?". He obviously accepted the offer over the time span of about 10 mins he got mad at me when he wanted his money back. I said "no it was a fair trade and nobody got scammed here. please leave". He didn't like that so much... So he told me to either buy him 5 glyphic steel blades or give him back his stuff. I said "PLEASE leave me alone". He started counting down from 3 and told me he was going to have all his friends report me... I left and he probably told his friends to report me...

Now what.. Lol

In my opinion, I would have given back the stuff for the money. Would have left me with a clear conscience, unlike you. :p

Nick41324
11-10-2011, 08:56 PM
your not going to be banned so...
go nuke some monsters? ;D
Lol

Swords
11-10-2011, 08:57 PM
i dont think he cant report for scam if he accept a trade deal?

Nick41324
11-10-2011, 08:59 PM
In my opinion, I would have given back the stuff for the money. Would have left me with a clear conscience, unlike you. :p
Even if the Devs did consider this a scam, they dont deal with trade related scams right? Also... It's called fair trade for a reason lol!
I was worried about him making up a fake story to get me banned..

Hankomachos
11-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Once he clicks accept it's considered a fair trade. Don't worry. :)

Ayc2000
11-10-2011, 09:00 PM
yep, once you touch that confirm button, there's no going back ^.^

Ayc2000
11-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Even if the Devs did consider this a scam, they dont deal with trade related scams right? Also... It's called fair trade for a reason lol!
I was worried about him making up a fake story to get me banned..
they have a record of every single thing that happened at that moment. if he made a story, they would not be impressed.

Nick41324
11-10-2011, 09:05 PM
they have a record of every single thing that happened at that moment. if he made a story, they would not be impressed.
Sweet!!!! That means I'm in the clear :) I did make up a story in game saying I gave it to my friend IRL so he would leave me alone lol! I just gave him a IGN of a account I'm never on any more :)

Silentarrow
11-10-2011, 09:28 PM
In my opinion you should've given him the stuff back...

As said above you're in no trouble though.

mattkamp
11-10-2011, 09:46 PM
I see nothing wrong with this. Not that long ago someone asked me about my zombie voodo staff and I asked if they wanted to buy and to make an offer. they offered me 150k and I made the deal. Not my fault they didn't go check cs and I don't feel bad about it at all!

RedRyder
11-10-2011, 10:25 PM
You guys agreed on a price and followed through. Him changing his mind after isnt your problem. You're in the clear.

Nick41324
11-10-2011, 10:48 PM
In my opinion you should've given him the stuff back...

As said above you're in no trouble though.
I was seriously considering giving him his stuff back, but he acted extremely rude to me.. When you want your stuff back, the last thing you want to do is say your going to get them banned. I'm sure if he asked nicely I would have accepted.

Elyseon
11-10-2011, 10:52 PM
Just cuz someone reports u doesnt mean ur banned, Devs check over to see if there a actual offense

mattkamp
11-10-2011, 10:52 PM
Lol I will buy off u for 250k if it makes u feel better about what happened. Hahaha

CrimsonTider
11-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Your fine.... sleep well. ;)

NECROREAPER
11-10-2011, 11:29 PM
I love it when people threaten to report me for no reason :)\

If i receive threats, I tell em to report me, and they get all confused and flustered because they're not used to getting that response. Gives me the lulz

Swimmingstar
11-10-2011, 11:40 PM
All clear. Highlight. :)

No! Not clear! You better give me the stuff or I report you for not doing what I want! :sarcasm:

Sassinya
11-10-2011, 11:47 PM
Gosh really? Next they'll enact a buyer's/seller's remorse option lol

Edited: correction

javier995
11-10-2011, 11:47 PM

No! Not clear! You better give me the stuff or I report you for not doing what I want! :sarcasm:

Lol

Nick41324
11-10-2011, 11:51 PM

That didn't work too well when I'm on a iPod and all text is black xD

Nick41324
11-10-2011, 11:52 PM
Lol I will buy off u for 250k if it makes u feel better about what happened. Hahaha
Go to the traders market and look for (I think) onyx lvl 21. I added onto that thread

enchantereess
11-11-2011, 01:18 AM
You wont get banned just let im report lol. Besides aoas dont usually scam not in there blood

Skeletonlord
11-11-2011, 01:23 AM
You wont get banned just let im report lol. Besides aoas dont usually scam not in there blood

Lol good story

JaytB
11-11-2011, 01:27 AM
Personally, as an AoA, I think you could've advised him to sell it on CS, so this obvious newbie could've made some more starting gold. At least, that's what I would've done. I never bought stuff from new players for far below the price. I always showed them how to get most out of an item they want to sell, but that's probably just me.

Anyway, is it bannable? no. Is it immoral, even if he needed gold? Maybe.

Gluttony
11-11-2011, 01:35 AM
Besides aoas dont usually scam not in there blood

Low balling is what this is, and if the players had seller's remorse after the fact then why not just give the items back for the gold. There is nothing ban worthy here, but it's obvious that the seller was upset enough to try to form an angry mob to go after the op. Bad deals happen and once that accept button is clicked on the (second) confirmation window, well then a deal is a deal. The aftermath actions of the players involved speak in volumes.

So AoAs just have better blood than me?

Lowlyspy
11-11-2011, 01:40 AM
Personally, as an AoA, I think you could've advised him to sell it on CS, so this obvious newbie could've made some more starting gold. At least, that's what I would've done. I never bought stuff from new players for far below the price. I always showed them how to get most out of an item they want to sell, but that's probably just me.

maybe but the guy was on a 21 farmer, not many people make a farmer without knowing how much the thing they are farming is worth and considering he made an offer before nick countered shows that he had a clue what he was doing.

IMO no you didnt do anything wrong, he made an offer, you countered, he accepted your counter, this doesnt qualify as a scam therefore there is nothing that can get you banned no matter how many people he had report you. He was probably having a moment of sellers remorse and was trying to threaten you to get his stuff back, dont sweat it.

Duped
11-11-2011, 01:50 AM
I actually agree with Lowly here, 21 gear isn't owned by noobs, and certainly not 2 pieces of it. Sellers remorse is no different than buyers remorse, and in both cases you just have to take your licks. I've overpaid and undersold a few times, and its aggravating, but that's part of trying to grow gold, risk and reward.

JaytB
11-11-2011, 01:51 AM
maybe but the guy was on a 21 farmer, not many people make a farmer without knowing how much the thing they are farming is worth and considering he made an offer before nick countered shows that he had a clue what he was doing.

Not saying you don't, but do you actually know the person yourself? I mean, how can you be sure about the fact he wasn't just a lv20'ish who got that drop while leveling? And as for the price, that's easy to find out, even for a low level. 30sec to check cs and compare it to similar, or even better, the same item... Or ask his friends. Maybe he just sold it because he never thought he could get more for it, or even the amount as it was posted on CS, showing that he truly was a newbie. If he was such an experienced player, why would he come back later to buy it again? It looks a lot like he really just understood the real value AFTER he sold it, again confirming his newbie status.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this as being the exact thing that happened, it just seems logical after reading all the comments here.

Nick41324
11-11-2011, 01:58 AM

He needed glyph steel blades so I think he had a 60-61 account. He agreed to my offer than regretted it after the fact. He came up to me and said do you want to but these for 500k and I said "I'll pay 200k!" and he kind of thought about it, then accepted... I offered 200k jokingly because I really didn't want it so I offered him a dirt low price to try to have him say "that's way to low! I'll pass" or something similar..

BTW: lowly you are 110% correct

JaytB
11-11-2011, 02:03 AM
He needed glyph steel blades so I think he had a 60-61 account. He agreed to my offer than regretted it after the fact. He came up to me and said do you want to but these for 500k and I said "I'll pay 200k!" and he kind of thought about it, then accepted... I offered 200k jokingly because I really didn't want it so I offered him a dirt low price to try to have him say "that's way to low! I'll pass" or something similar..

BTW: lowly you are 110% correct

Maybe he just wanted them to sell them, to compensate for his loss? Anyway, I'm not trying to put you in a bad daylight here or anything. It just feels off that he would go as far as to report you, that's all :)

Nick41324
11-11-2011, 02:16 AM
Maybe he just wanted them to sell them, to compensate for his loss? Anyway, I'm not trying to put you in a bad daylight here or anything. It just feels off that he would go as far as to report you, that's all :)
It has happened several times to me when it comes to merching >.>
I buy a item off a guy for a price he suggests first, I post in cs, he finds out the price I posted it at, he has a hissy fit because I wont talk to him, and he goes straight to the old fashioned "im gunna get you banned if you don't give it back" technique...

For example (true story): a player is advertising out loud in a cs, "orcish wildfire bow of doom for 2k". I and a few others say I'll buy it but I'm the first to trade. He trades with me and the other buys are upset. He accepts the deal and shortly after another upset buys tells him it's worth 200k. The seller gets mad and throws the ban hammer at me. (this was not recent)

JaytB
11-11-2011, 02:24 AM
I buy a item off a guy for a price he suggests first, I post in cs, he finds out the price I posted it at, he has a hissy fit because I wont talk to him, and he goes straight to the old fashioned "im gunna get you banned if you don't give it back" technique...

For example (true story): a player is advertising out loud in a cs, "orcish wildfire bow of doom for 2k". I and a few others say I'll buy it but I'm the first to trade. He trades with me and the other buys are upset. He accepts the deal and shortly after another upset buys tells him it's worth 200k. The seller gets mad and throws the ban hammer at me. (this was not recent)

I understand where you're coming from. It's just that I always tell people the actual worth of an item, when they make a ridiculous low offer. They're usually thankful and sell it for a higher price afterwards. It's just a difference in point of view I guess. Can't blame you for your way of merching, it's not like you're really scamming anyone :)

Rare
11-11-2011, 09:06 AM

??? A deal is a deal. Are you saying you would have offered the deal, then later when they got mad you'd feel bad about it and trade back?

13lacklegionz
11-11-2011, 09:16 AM
I was seriously considering giving him his stuff back, but he acted extremely rude to me.. When you want your stuff back, the last thing you want to do is say your going to get them banned. I'm sure if he asked nicely I would have accepted.

Then that's completely understandable. :)

13lacklegionz
11-11-2011, 09:18 AM
??? A deal is a deal. Are you saying you would have offered the deal, then later when they got mad you'd feel bad about it and trade back?

if they believed they made a mistake, and desperately wanted their stuff back in a polite tone, I would have traded it back.

Redbridge
11-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Player to player there is no issue what so ever, once the confirm button is pressed.

But being an AoA or GoA, has responsibilities in my opinion.

Ask yourself... did you both get a fair price? And did you do everything in your power to ensure he was fully informed of what you were offering compared to the market price? If you're happy then there's no issue.

Am i being too square, probably. Remember STS can take away AoA & GoA status' without banning people if they feel the Official AoA Guidelines have been broken.

Personally, I don't think you have anything to worry about but be careful and open in all transactions to avoid the need to have to post this kind of thread. just my 2lira for what its worth. :anonymous:

Rare
11-11-2011, 11:06 AM
But being an AoA or GoA, has responsibilities in my opinion.

I agree completely with this. Although I think the question would be more whether you made the deal in the first place. Not undoing it.

Ixillicus
11-11-2011, 11:41 AM
You're fine. While the price may have been much better for you, than him... it doesn't mean you did anything wrong. Obviously he regrets his decision, but that's the choice he made.

Gluttony
11-11-2011, 11:42 AM

So this happens to you on a regular basis, maybe you should rethink how you are trading other players. You're an AoA and perhaps that doesn't make you prefect, but you help new players learn the ropes and if setting them up to lose gold in trades is your advice to them then I think you're in the wrong profession. Personally, I think you should be telling these players the potential gold they could be making instead of throwing out crazy low offers in hopes that they will take you up on them. I understand that this player may not have conducted themselves in the most appropriate manner, but they did just lose maybe more gold than they had ever earned all because you threw out some low ball figure and they accepted. Who knows what influenced their decision, your superstar status, their lack of knowledge of the items, or just a misunderstanding; bottom line they asked for a refund and even though you're not obligated to give them one it would have been the right thing… the AoA thing to do.

drewcapu
11-11-2011, 11:48 AM
All I'm going to say is:

Lovenus

Ellyidol
11-11-2011, 11:55 AM
That's why you do your trading on an alt. Get in, get out, anonymously.

God knows how many times I've dealt with friends on an alt.

It just removes that entire link from GoA/AoA to money.

Nick41324
11-11-2011, 09:59 PM
@Gluttony
I said in the post, it was not recent and second, he was not a newer player.
When I said "it has happened several times now" I ment it has happened several times over the corse of almost a year. Maybe once every 3 months. I don't merch as much as I used to, so this rarely ever happens ever now.