PDA

View Full Version : (Read on) Lend button/Option to lend Items

TipsyLife
05-04-2018, 05:30 AM
Idk why anyone haven't thought of this yet. Why don't we have a barter/lend system that allows us to set a date for return of the item we lent someone. If u guys implement this idea, I feel like the amount of people getting scammed will lessen. If we click on someone profile, we see the usual GIFT, TRADE button. If you guys consider this idea, there will be a lend button before or after gift. So people can think twice before giving items. If u tap/click "Lend", you will have to set a date and time. System message (just like the one for auction when you buy an item) will say u lent an item for -soso Days- on that day, the item automatically leaves the person's account and goes to the lenders account. Just like how u guys put lb rewards into players accounts. Plz consider! Thx for reading

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

TipsyLife
05-04-2018, 05:39 AM
I'm also buying Exquisite Fury. Help ya man's out!! Adios

MrGamer
05-04-2018, 05:53 AM
Idk why anyone haven't thought of this yet. Why don't we have a barter/lend system that allows us to set a date for return of the item we lent someone. If u guys implement this idea, I feel like the amount of people getting scammed will lessen. If we click on someone profile, we see the usual GIFT, TRADE button. If you guys consider this idea, there will be a lend button before or after gift. So people can think twice before giving items. If u tap/click "Lend", you will have to set a date and time. System message (just like the one for auction when you buy an item) will say u lent an item for -soso Days- on that day, the item automatically leaves the person's account and goes to the lenders account. Just like how u guys put lb rewards into players accounts. Plz consider! Thx for reading

Sent from my Z982 using TapatalkWhat if he sells it before the time expired or a third person has it who paid full price of it and has no idea it was lended... I guess it should be untradable to that person u have lended. Also not stashable.

Poslano z mojega SM-G950F z uporabo Tapatalk

TipsyLife
05-04-2018, 06:03 AM
What if he sells it before the time expired or a third person has it who paid full price of it and has no idea it was lended... I guess it should be untradable to that person u have lended. Also not stashable.

Poslano z mojega SM-G950F z uporabo TapatalkYikes... didn't think of that....any suggestions?

TipsyLife
05-04-2018, 06:05 AM
If you lend an item, it should be untradeable/unstashable. Any other suggestions?

Credit: MrGamer

Avaree
05-04-2018, 06:33 AM
I think your idea would be useful, but to many probable things could happen. To implement this would take a lot of devs time to write up new codes, which would take time away from up coming expasion, and future events.

MrGamer
05-04-2018, 06:43 AM
Yikes... didn't think of that....any suggestions?

Sent from my Z982 using TapatalkAs I said, when lend it it has to get untradable as unstashable so it locks onto that player and he wouldn't have an option to sell it..
But honestly I think it's too complicated and STS won't go after this.

PatD
05-04-2018, 07:42 AM
-1 for this idea, you want something? work for it bro

Xxkayakxx
05-04-2018, 08:24 AM
As I said, when lend it it has to get untradable as unstashable so it locks onto that player and he wouldn't have an option to sell it..
But honestly I think it's too complicated and STS won't go after this.

I would add not deletable xD

I think would be great but more complicate (from dev’s point of view) than we think. And wouldn’t bring any real benefit besides a “small” quality of life improvement.
I agree with Avaree, I prefer devs to focus on new events/expansion ;)

im jeff
05-04-2018, 08:33 AM
Well there are many probs with this atm 1 the player lets some one barrow an item for an unlimited amount of time and 2 what if the other person deletes that character which erases the items. What if someone let someone else barrow an egg and they open it? or if they liquidate the item or if they upgrade a jewel that u let them barrow.

Suentous PO
05-04-2018, 09:05 AM
7ish years with sts and never borrowed a thing, and never has a friend asked to borrow.
Guess I'm weird

Ps- ty friends!

thekragle
05-04-2018, 09:19 AM
7ish years with sts and never borrowed a thing, and never has a friend asked to borrow.
Guess I'm weird

Ps- ty friends!

Hey Suentous, me too! 4ish years for me and I have never borrowed, lent or bought through direct trade. And I have never been scammed because of it.

Follow the cardinal rule and we wouldn't need a system like is being proposed. Trust no one and only lend what your willing to lose.

Iluminista
05-04-2018, 10:32 AM

Sent from my Z982 using TapatalkFirst of all, I'm happy for your initiative to want to help people. There are some problems that can be avoided in this system as (some have already been mentioned):

1) Items can not be sold (in the auction nor can they be deleted)

2) Only thing that could be borrowed would be items. This excludes the possibility of lending eggs (they can open them and to avoid having to implement another system), jewels (they could not sell them, but they could use them in their equipment) Note: Just like eggs, I see no reason to lend that. In short ... Only items like helm, armor, etc., could be borrowed.

3) Items that are in deleted accounts automatically return to their owner.

4) Additional: Make visible to the owner of the item a "bring back" the item that was borrowed.

Enviado de meu LG-K430 usando o Tapatalk

MrGamer
05-04-2018, 10:42 AM
First of all, I'm happy for your initiative to want to help people. There are some problems that can be avoided in this system as (some have already been mentioned):

1) Items can not be sold (in the auction nor can they be deleted)

2) Only thing that could be borrowed would be items. This excludes the possibility of lending eggs (they can open them and to avoid having to implement another system), jewels (they could not sell them, but they could use them in their equipment) Note: Just like eggs, I see no reason to lend that. In short ... Only items like helm, armor, etc., could be borrowed.

3) Items that are in deleted accounts automatically return to their owner.

4) Additional: Make visible to the owner of the item a "bring back" the item that was borrowed.

Enviado de meu LG-K430 usando o TapatalkI highly doubt sts will deep into making that...

Iluminista
05-04-2018, 10:47 AM
I highly doubt sts will deep into making that...

Poslano z mojega SM-G950F z uporabo TapatalkI also doubt, but I wanted to help anyway.

TipsyLife
05-04-2018, 11:11 AM
Sts won't put time into this guys... unfortunately

marsu4u
05-04-2018, 11:58 AM
No offense but this is stupid lol just don't lend items if you don't trust the person, the whole point of lending is because you trust the person and consider them to be a trustworthy friend, furthermore this is just gonna make people beg even more "sir please can I borrow your sword just for Tonight" etc etc. I don't want this :)

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

MrGamer
05-04-2018, 12:00 PM
Sts won't put time into this guys... unfortunately

Sent from my Z982 using TapatalkThats wht she said

Tippertwo
05-04-2018, 12:06 PM
Not to mention that the player you lend ur item to could delete u from their friends list or ignore you so you could never get ur item back...
if they were to implement this, if you don't return the item back by a certain date the game would automatically take something valuable away from ur acc.

marsu4u
05-04-2018, 12:08 PM
Not to mention that the player you lend ur item to could delete u from their friends list or ignore you so you could never get ur item back...
if they were to implement this, if you don't return the item back by a certain date the game would automatically take something valuable away from ur acc.And if you don't have something 'valuable for the system to take' n let's say u did, how would the system decide the value of an item since prices are constantly changing plus there's awakenings and jewels etc...

MrGamer
05-04-2018, 12:10 PM
And if you don't have something 'valuable for the system to take' n let's say u did, how would the system decide the value of an item since prices are constantly changing plus there's awakenings and jewels etc...

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using TapatalkAnother reason why sts wont bring that to the game[emoji848][emoji23]
Just too complicated for such a thing. Trust is their personal opinion weather they can or can't trust a person.

Tippertwo
05-04-2018, 12:24 PM
And if you don't have something 'valuable for the system to take' n let's say u did, how would the system decide the value of an item since prices are constantly changing plus there's awakenings and jewels etc...

Ill admit I have thought of this when I was typing that.
There are just too many risks involved if sts were to implement this. Even if it were "safe," I still wouldn't trust it.

TipsyLife
05-04-2018, 12:55 PM
No offense but this is stupid lol just don't lend items if you don't trust the person, the whole point of lending is because you trust the person and consider them to be a trustworthy friend, furthermore this is just gonna make people beg even more "sir please can I borrow your sword just for Tonight" etc etc. I don't want this :)

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using TapatalkOk marsu

MrGamer
05-04-2018, 01:19 PM
Ok marsu

Sent from my Z982 using TapatalkFeel the same lol

Azerothraven
05-04-2018, 02:11 PM
Unfortunately you are not be first to think of this. I suggested this 2 years ago and there was also another suggestion like this but never happened.

We had thought of lot of conditions but most of them are really difficult e.g

1. Make it untradeable/unstashable and undeletable so they can’t be sold,gifted, traded or transferable.

But then more complicated steps came like

1. What if hey change ign
2. What if they get banned?
3. What if they delete char?
4. What if the person who gifted want it back before the timer?
5. It creates social awkwardness if you are really close to someone but set timer so u don’t trust. Some may think it’s insulting.
6. What if they delete their account
7. Dinosaur eating it

MrGamer
05-04-2018, 02:14 PM
Unfortunately you are not be first to think of this. I suggested this 2 years ago and there was also another suggestion like this but never happened.

1. Make it untradeable/unstashable and undeletable so they can’t be sold,gifted, traded or transferable.

5. It creates social awkwardness if you are really close to someone but set timer so u don’t trust. Some may think it’s insulting.
7. Dinosaur eating itI am the most concidered about 7...
It protects your virginity good 🤣
Jk.

Iluminista
05-04-2018, 02:17 PM

7. Dinosaur eating itAnswers to all these questions (or most) are in the comment for this post. Doing this is not impossible, it would just work hard.

Cashews
05-04-2018, 02:54 PM
RuneScape has this and the way they have it set up really doesn't seem that complicated. I feel like it would reduce the amount of scamming and trust trading, thus putting a lot of repeat scammers out of business.

Ucamaeben
05-04-2018, 05:14 PM
They should put paint security tube on anything you lend out. If they don’t give it back within a reasonable amount of time it blows up and turns your toon a funky color that stays until you give it back. Haha!

Jeoraseo
05-06-2018, 03:44 AM
Awesome idea uca 👍👍👍

BRYBE
05-06-2018, 03:53 AM
The lended items only can be equip or uneqquip and if the lenders delete the char the items will instantly return to the owner's(same if the acc got device ban) or you can set time how many days the items can be lended and if the time end the items will automatically return back to the owner

BRYBE
05-06-2018, 03:57 AM
The lended items only can be equip or uneqquip and if the lenders delete the char the items will instantly return to the owner's(same if the acc got device ban) or you can set time how many days the items can be lended and if the time end the items will automatically return back to the owner

Ohh i forgot if the item cant be equip(e.g eggs crates elite awake gems etc...) Just simply put these items as unlendable
Also for untradeable items e.g lb banners, forebearer set, bounded vanities, JETPACK and more
Or make a thread whats can be lend or not. Community perspective is what makes the game balanced(except untradeable lb vanity set)

swoutttt
05-06-2018, 06:04 AM
Bad idea.. lending items is no part of this game, and should not be stimulated.

Spices
05-06-2018, 06:53 AM
Let's see,

Suppose at the beginning any item has owner column so that they will called up and appear in owner inventory when said owner logged in.
To have an item lend-able, dev must add another column to item database, borrower

If owner and lender borrower has same value, item will appear in owner inventory, with their original attribute (tradability/stashability/etc)
If owner and lender borrower has different value, item will only be called if the borrower log in, with it applied lender attribute (egg hatching script can't run, tradability disabled, so on). Uh oh, seems like a lot of work.

To apply that special attribute, it's easier to create new item with new classes attributes than slapping on those special attributes through a rewrite. So that whenever somebody lend something, a new item is actually created, while old item has a column rewritten so that they're disabled. This effectively doubled the item classes.

So, this is your game client do to server when logging in.

Pull list of item owned by this player,
Check if owner === borrower, to see whether this item available to owner to be used
Pull list of item lent to this player,

so far so good.

This is your game client do when player initiate lending scenario,

Check if owner === borrower, to see whether said item can be lent.
Initiate lending window, so that system can establish from and to which player an item will be lent.
Upon hitting lending button,

disable the item on owner inventory
rewrite borrower column so that it's different than owner column
create new row on item table. This item will appear on borrower inventory.

Starting to look like database inefficiency. But let's move on.

This is your game client do when borrower want to return an item.

Upon hitting return button,

seek original item row
enable that original item
write so that that item owner === borrower once again
destroy lent item from database.

It's still doable.

This is your game client do when lender want to recall an item.

Upon hitting recall button,

seek lent item row
check whether said item is in use,
do stuffs so that item is free to be deleted, comprise of many steps.
enable original item
destroy lent item row from database.

OMG.

I'm sure I missed about 90% of the steps (excluding steps I intentionally omitted), but all in all, it can be done from programming point of view. From game economy point of view, it still need a review. From game return of value, it also still need a review. Will this feature lead players playing the game more? Will this feature entice new player to start playing the game? The proponent must appeal to game designer so that it can be kicked up on their priority list (and so that the game executive can give a green light to do it).

TipsyLife
05-08-2018, 02:14 PM
Let's see,

Suppose at the beginning any item has owner column so that they will called up and appear in owner inventory when said owner logged in.
To have an item lend-able, dev must add another column to item database, borrower

If owner and lender borrower has same value, item will appear in owner inventory, with their original attribute (tradability/stashability/etc)
If owner and lender borrower has different value, item will only be called if the borrower log in, with it applied lender attribute (egg hatching script can't run, tradability disabled, so on). Uh oh, seems like a lot of work.

To apply that special attribute, it's easier to create new item with new classes attributes than slapping on those special attributes through a rewrite. So that whenever somebody lend something, a new item is actually created, while old item has a column rewritten so that they're disabled. This effectively doubled the item classes.

Check if owner === borrower, to see whether this item available to owner to be used

so far so good.

Initiate lending window, so that system can establish from and to which player an item will be lent.

seek original item row

It's still doable.

seek lent item row
enable original item

OMG.

I'm sure I missed about 90% of the steps (excluding steps I intentionally omitted), but all in all, it can be done from programming point of view. From game economy point of view, it still need a review. From game return of value, it also still need a review. Will this feature lead players playing the game more? Will this feature entice new player to start playing the game? The proponent must appeal to game designer so that it can be kicked up on their priority list (and so that the game executive can give a green light to do it).Can someone summarize?

Lojack
05-08-2018, 03:52 PM
Moved to Suggestions forum to keep them all in one place, carry on

Spices
05-09-2018, 11:29 PM
Can someone summarize?

It was exercise to see whether the proposed feature will put strain on the game. Because, y'know, we hate lag. Noticed slight lag when player enter a map? Or loading screen is a bit longer when entering town populated by merchers (possibly hoarder)?

So far, it resulted in doubling item class, doubling inventory pull request, a new "trading" window, well you can read on. All the cost of lowering the risk of lending items.

marsu4u
05-09-2018, 11:36 PM
Let's see,

so far so good.

seek original item row

It's still doable.

seek lent item row
enable original item

OMG.

I'm sure I missed about 90% of the steps (excluding steps I intentionally omitted), but all in all, it can be done from programming point of view. From game economy point of view, it still need a review. From game return of value, it also still need a review. Will this feature lead players playing the game more? Will this feature entice new player to start playing the game? The proponent must appeal to game designer so that it can be kicked up on their priority list (and so that the game executive can give a green light to do it).Tbh it will just cause people to share gears instead of buying their own and crash the already bad economy, and pretty much reduce the need for platinum use and etc n etc