PDA

View Full Version : Would this help the game, motivate new and old players?

thekragle
05-08-2018, 11:10 PM
Forgive me if this has been discussed in the past, but would the ability to show your current Ap's (achievement points) either in the place of a title or under your title, be a cool feature in the game?

So much of this game involves showing off, or dare I say bragging about how much you have achieved, but that is all done typically via your title or vanities/weapons/effects.

I thought it might be neat to show off your APs so it's easy for other players to see how far you are in terms of dedication and hard work in the game. Kinda like a top scores type of feature in the game that is very easy to identify. This would of course be able to be toggled off so not to embarrass new players. But to me I could see this as a bigger motivation to play harder and get all those APs. It might create a little more competition which in a Mmorpg is a good thing.

Just a thought.

Ajcheisnj
05-08-2018, 11:56 PM
But u can, If u have 10k,15k,20k etc aps u are given specific titles

BRYBE
05-09-2018, 03:23 AM
But u can, If u have 10k,15k,20k etc aps u are given specific titles

Infamous / Exalted / Prestigious / The Apotheosis

Ajcheisnj
05-09-2018, 03:52 AM
Infamous / Exalted / Prestigious / The Apotheosis and paragon :)

Avaree
05-09-2018, 06:02 AM
For me a title under a title, is not a game changer, I generally have my display titles toggled off.

I think the banner for 25k aps is nice, maybe another will be given at the next wave of completed aps?

BRYBE
05-09-2018, 08:52 AM
For me a title under a title, is not a game changer, I generally have my display titles toggled off.

I think the banner for 25k aps is nice, maybe another will be given at the next wave of completed aps?

i thought only me never use title and disable others title xD

thekragle
05-09-2018, 08:55 AM

Typically in this game, we compete over who has best damage or most aura. It makes us stick out. Now it's gold and platinum titles. But for decades in games we have had top scores in games, so I thought it might be interesting to see players scores in game as well without having to click on them to view stats.

To me titles are underwhelming. But an ever-changing score that you want to try and beat seems fun.

thekragle
05-09-2018, 08:59 AM
i thought only me never use title and disable others title xD

Yes, Part of my point is titles do not really motivate friendly competition. Most players don't even realize what the APs titles really are :)

BRYBE
05-09-2018, 09:12 AM
Yes, Part of my point is titles do not really motivate friendly competition. Most players don't even realize what the APs titles really are :)

Most of players only show off latest op titles and then disable title after bored of it

Motherless_Child
05-09-2018, 10:06 AM
Forgive me if this has been discussed in the past, but would the ability to show your current Ap's (achievement points) either in the place of a title or under your title, be a cool feature in the game?

So much of this game involves showing off, or dare I say bragging about how much you have achieved, but that is all done typically via your title or vanities/weapons/effects.

I thought it might be neat to show off your APs so it's easy for other players to see how far you are in terms of dedication and hard work in the game. Kinda like a top scores type of feature in the game that is very easy to identify. This would of course be able to be toggled off so not to embarrass new players. But to me I could see this as a bigger motivation to play harder and get all those APs. It might create a little more competition which in a Mmorpg is a good thing.

Just a thought.

I see where you are going..... I'm not an AP guy because there is no way for you to really display your "AP" grandeur....... They have the AP titles but, those have been obsolete since AL's inception........ I'm not an aura junkie but, maybe certain "auras" or "sparkly effects" for reaching certain AP levels would turn me into an AP pursuer....................

Just my "thought".......................

Not much of a "title" guy myself....... I "rock" the plat tier titles ATM because they are new and different but, after "x" amount of event plat tier titles i'll eventually get to a point where those titles end up sitting in my inventory "unopened".... After awhile, I will be titleless......

MegaVordred
05-09-2018, 10:32 AM
As BRYBE said here;
Infamous / Exalted / Prestigious / The ApotheosisThese titles are already showcasing your hard earned achievements (aps) ingame.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Susanne
05-09-2018, 10:35 AM
Some players who are not in a guild put their titles on because some guilds won't invite people who don't have lots of aps. Anyway..you just reminded me to take mine off. I only put it on to show off...I need to get a life. 😖

thekragle
05-09-2018, 11:13 AM
I appreciate the comments so far guys :)

While I understand there are titles to show achievement, my point is they are very underwhelming. Currently aura's and your total damage is the most attractive to players.

I am just trying to think of a new system like a scoreboard that is always there, like an aura. Leaderboards are great but you have to actually check the leaderboard.

Flamesofanger
05-09-2018, 12:27 PM
Most of players only show off latest op titles and then disable title after bored of it

This right over here ladies & gentlemen. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

QuaseT
05-10-2018, 06:56 AM
Id love to see everybodies aps like they can see them of the lb players. I dont know why they dont add them to character inspect page.

BRYBE
05-10-2018, 08:12 AM
Id love to see everybodies aps like they can see them of the lb players. I dont know why they dont add them to character inspect page.

Good idea lol idk why i never think of this

thekragle
05-10-2018, 08:48 AM

Yes, that would be cool too. I am going one step further and asking them to also be viewable when in town and maps :)

Ebereasider
05-10-2018, 09:09 AM
I think the current titles for the various APs milestones are enough for showing off. But I really like to see others APs through their character inspect page.