PDA

View Full Version : PREVIEW: Endgame 5v5 CTF Tournament (Late June)

XghostzX
05-13-2018, 05:07 PM
What's up guys!

My aim in this post is simply to alert you all of of what is to be an exhilarating, electrifying tournament – a 5v5 CTF Tournament in the map 'Castle-Keep-Away' for the recent 105 cap – set, ideally, for late June.

After much deliberation with several members of the PL community, it has come to my attention that what this game needs is a lively, competitive (healthy competition, of course), CTF tournament.

I'm going to go ahead and say it – there are a LOT of new members looking to get involved in the PvP scene. I feel confident saying this because of the recent vanity armor update – after many players consolidating into one or two guilds, I hadn't realize how much endgame has evolved and expanded. That being said, the norm of PvP these days is FFA and 1v1. I am here to tell you all that CTF is a whole new dimension of PL you have yet to experience, and it is time that we restore the entire PvP scene to its fullest. The last successful 5v5 CTF tournament to have ever happened was during the Nuri Cap.

I understand that many of you might have feelings of frustration from this announcement. Of course, there will be many challenges. But if there's one thing that can nourish any tournament, it's with a bangin' PRIZE (and the help of you guys, of course).

Nothing is set in stone about a new tournament shield (or even a new type of vanity for the winner). But I promise I will do my VERY best to have a flavorful, dazzling vanity to match the new gear – perhaps a white PvP shield with gold trims to match the white dragon? The ideas are limitless.

The tournament is going to consist of teams of the classic classes: one bear, two mages, and two birds. Players will use class-specific gear!

To summarize it up, here are some of the appealing elements of this upcoming tournament:

-Exciting, healthy competition in a CTF environment – Map: 'Castle-Keep-Away'
-AWESOME prizes
-Utilization of the classic classes + class-specific gear
-Video documentary (interviewing the teams before the tournament, pre/post-match interviews, etc.)
-Other fun things...

So here is what I ask of all of you who read this: start planning for the tournament! Spread the word, start practicing, start asking people to form teams! HOST CTF GAMES. This can only be achieved if YOU guys do your part and make it work. The more teams we get, the more fun this is and the bigger, the better prizes there will be!

Please let me know if you guys have any questions – I hope you are all as excited as I am for this event.

~Ghost

3pc
05-13-2018, 06:04 PM
I was a fan of procs before but i dont really like it implemented in PVP anymore it really is just based on luck now of who can land the most procs win.

OneLeft
05-13-2018, 06:53 PM
I was a fan of procs before but i dont really like it implemented in PVP anymore it really is just based on luck now of who can land the most procs win.

Procs have a set amount of autos needed before they happen (im not sure of the amount) but i wouldnt call it purely luck.

Cant wait for this to start.

Mine AGK
05-13-2018, 07:03 PM
A few things need to still be balanced before this even happens.

1. Bow proc needs a balance- the bow proc pool is ridiculously large and cannot be healed out of. It needs to either be shrunk down or be eligable to be healed out of, especially in teams.
2. Speed proc on wand- i believe the speed boost that mages get with the wand proc needs to be taken out. It effects ranges in a bad way. Its like when we had the samhain speed in pvp.

There may be other things on different classes that should be changed a bit. Hopefully more people can say what their issues are with PVP. I hope this will be a big turn out for endgame pvp. Im not a fan of ctf but i will make sure to put in lots of practice to play this tourney.

XghostzX
05-13-2018, 08:22 PM
Procs definitely need to be addressed prior to this tournament. Thanks for bringing that up!

Dolloway
05-13-2018, 09:20 PM
Procs have a set amount of autos needed before they happen (im not sure of the amount) but i wouldnt call it purely luck.

This is incorrect, at least for certain weapons I've played with like Talon. Talon can proc after 1 auto or it can take up to 15 autos (or even more).

Adding a set amount of autos before it procs might make the game more skill based (say a weapon procs every 5 or 10 autos exactly), but right now it's totally random, probably based on a percentage (like 15%, as Cinco has stated is the % 2h weapons can proc).

Dolloway
05-13-2018, 09:35 PM
A few things need to still be balanced before this even happens.

1. Bow proc needs a balance- the bow proc pool is ridiculously large and cannot be healed out of. It needs to either be shrunk down or be eligable to be healed out of, especially in teams.
2. Speed proc on wand- i believe the speed boost that mages get with the wand proc needs to be taken out. It effects ranges in a bad way. Its like when we had the samhain speed in pvp.

There may be other things on different classes that should be changed a bit. Hopefully more people can say what their issues are with PVP. I hope this will be a big turn out for endgame pvp. Im not a fan of ctf but i will make sure to put in lots of practice to play this tourney.

I would say shrink the bow proc down to sword/axe proc size, so at the very most it would affect maybe two players if they're standing close together, with one being more likely. This will make players spread out a little bit more knowing they can stay out of the bow proc instead of all being hit by it, but still be close enough to be within heal range from a mage.

I also think the speed from the wand proc is just awkward in pvp and ctf in general and needs to go, as you stated. This would prevent players from running from fights easily and also prevent mages/teams from having a speed advantage in ctf during flag caps.

3pc
05-14-2018, 02:39 PM
This is incorrect, at least for certain weapons I've played with like Talon. Talon can proc after 1 auto or it can take up to 15 autos (or even more).

Adding a set amount of autos before it procs might make the game more skill based (say a weapon procs every 5 or 10 autos exactly), but right now it's totally random, probably based on a percentage (like 15%, as Cinco has stated is the % 2h weapons can proc).

Exactly i was about to say all procs are completely random you can proc once and then the second it wears off if can happen again and you can own your opponent if they still haven't proced yet

XghostzX
05-14-2018, 02:55 PM
I agree with both of your suggestions, Dollo. Especially the first one – I think procs should be generated every set amount of auto clicks rather than be luck based. Otherwise you're forced to click the auto-hit nonstop to have an edge over your opponents, and candidly, I don't want carpal tunnel.

Otherwise, PvP has been pretty fun so far. I'm still figuring out the ropes a bit, but for the most part the gameplay really emphasizes executing proper team play. It's not perfect, but has come a pretty damn long way from earlier.

Plus the new gear is pretty dope :)

Draebatad
05-14-2018, 03:59 PM
Glad to see more feedback regarding pvp balance showing up here. With more sets in the game as of now, we should see much more of this fairly soon. Excited to have all of my sets completed and look forward to actually getting back into the pvp zones for this cap.

3pc
05-14-2018, 06:39 PM
I agree with both of your suggestions, Dollo. Especially the first one – I think procs should be generated every set amount of auto clicks rather than be luck based. Otherwise you're forced to click the auto-hit nonstop to have an edge over your opponents, and candidly, I don't want carpal tunnel.

Otherwise, PvP has been pretty fun so far. I'm still figuring out the ropes a bit, but for the most part the gameplay really emphasizes executing proper team play. It's not perfect, but has come a pretty damn long way from earlier.

Plus the new gear is pretty dope :)

I say 7 autos should land a proc for ALL classes or around that it seems fair enough then complete randomness. I hope all this gets figured out before the tourney starts going on vacay in july and really hope i wont miss this tourney

SuperGotenks
05-15-2018, 03:45 PM
I would say shrink the bow proc down to sword/axe proc size, so at the very most it would affect maybe two players if they're standing close together, with one being more likely. This will make players spread out a little bit more knowing they can stay out of the bow proc instead of all being hit by it, but still be close enough to be within heal range from a mage.

I also think the speed from the wand proc is just awkward in pvp and ctf in general and needs to go, as you stated. This would prevent players from running from fights easily and also prevent mages/teams from having a speed advantage in ctf during flag caps.

I too am in agreeance with what you and Mine AGK stated, but I'd like to address a few other things.

DISCLAIMER: Statements are under the assumption that all parties are geared for their intended sets
1. Support class heals (Mage, Rhino) do require a reduction to improve overall balance. Currently, a Rhino versus Rhino fight almost always results in draw, same goes for Rhino versus Bear. Similarly, it's nearly impossible to kill mages now since their pool proc has no cooldown whatsoever, and couple that with their low cooldown heal and you get a recipe for disaster.

2. I've noticed that the bow and talon damage is quite low, and many people have noticed this. The bow has less skill damage than the talon by about 300 damage points to each skill, whereas 2h weapons should deal more damage. Additionally, the only reason the bow somewhat has a "chance" per se is because of its proc. Despite having less damage than the talon (which ironically is complained about due to its low damage), the bow is only useful when and if it ever procs. Procs should not be the determining factor of who wins a fight.

Mine AGK
05-15-2018, 04:15 PM
I too am in agreeance with what you and Mine AGK stated, but I'd like to address a few other things.

DISCLAIMER: Statements are under the assumption that all parties are geared for their intended sets
1. Support class heals (Mage, Rhino) do require a reduction to improve overall balance. Currently, a Rhino versus Rhino fight almost always results in draw, same goes for Rhino versus Bear. Similarly, it's nearly impossible to kill mages now since their pool proc has no cooldown whatsoever, and couple that with their low cooldown heal and you get a recipe for disaster.

2. I've noticed that the bow and talon damage is quite low, and many people have noticed this. The bow has less skill damage than the talon by about 300 damage points to each skill, whereas 2h weapons should deal more damage. Additionally, the only reason the bow somewhat has a "chance" per se is because of its proc. Despite having less damage than the talon (which ironically is complained about due to its low damage), the bow is only useful when and if it ever procs. Procs should not be the determining factor of who wins a fight.

1. Rhino buffs are what make rhino SO tanky as of recently with the sets. They have 4 damage skills but give insane party buffs. They need either their buffs nerfed, or a small armor or dodge nerf.
2. Mages arent as OP as people think. The only thing that saves us in nearly all fights, is heal. Ive been comboed by a bird both with talon and bow. Have had nearly all my hp taken away just by root/shatter/blast. Bow is really good if you kite a mage at distance since the bows range is 13, wait for proc then push and combo. Despite what people think about both talon and bow. If both talon/bow are played more conservatively or even if some people get amazing enchants. They are quite viable classes. Mages have heal regen fast so they can heal out of root spams/stuns/debuffs, otherwise we would just be a mage that cant heal anything to support. Ive fought countless birds and id say roughly 90-95% of them are so used to just taking damage like a tank and dodging everything just to root/shatter/blast mages. You cant with this cap. Play more conservative and know when to push and when to back off.

SuperGotenks
05-15-2018, 04:37 PM
1. Rhino buffs are what make rhino SO tanky as of recently with the sets. They have 4 damage skills but give insane party buffs. They need either their buffs nerfed, or a small armor or dodge nerf.
2. Mages arent as OP as people think. The only thing that saves us in nearly all fights, is heal. Ive been comboed by a bird both with talon and bow. Have had nearly all my hp taken away just by root/shatter/blast. Bow is really good if you kite a mage at distance since the bows range is 13, wait for proc then push and combo. Despite what people think about both talon and bow. If both talon/bow are played more conservatively or even if some people get amazing enchants. They are quite viable classes. Mages have heal regen fast so they can heal out of root spams/stuns/debuffs, otherwise we would just be a mage that cant heal anything to support. Ive fought countless birds and id say roughly 90-95% of them are so used to just taking damage like a tank and dodging everything just to root/shatter/blast mages. You cant with this cap. Play more conservative and know when to push and when to back off.

Mages pool proc has no cooldown. Once again, procs are dictating pvp too much. The pool proc is already strong as is, and it has no cooldown. Not to mention that it adds speed, 100 armor, insane health regen and mana regen, and 250 damage. With no cooldown, I've seen many mages just keep spawning the pool (due to 0.5 speed from wand), sit in it, and spam heal. This makes them impossible to kill.

Mine AGK
05-15-2018, 05:14 PM
Mages pool proc has no cooldown. Once again, procs are dictating pvp too much. The pool proc is already strong as is, and it has no cooldown. Not to mention that it adds speed, insane health regen and mana regen, and 250 damage. With no cooldown, I've seen many mages just keep spawning the pool (due to 0.5 speed from wand), sit in it, and spam heal. This makes them impossible to kill.

1. The pool proc isnt that strong. Its mainly there as a mana regen pool. Even with the regen on mana and hp. It still doesnt negate the output of damage from bird or even bear. My mana is still gone when i ms and the bird is still attacking. The damage buff we get can easily be negated by armor enchants, Along with knowing to keep the mage away from its pool in the first place. Learning to time your repulse/stomp/fire and even sometimes your heal, seeing as bird cant heal when talon proc is up.
2. Ive already stated before atleast 6 or 7 times. The speed buff we get needs to go. It effects ranges and doesnt require skill. Learn to time your fires and it will be fine.

XghostzX
05-15-2018, 05:41 PM
The speed buff on the mage proc really does need to go!

Jensmage
05-18-2018, 08:13 AM
Good luck teams. I will be selling my current enchanted sets before the tourney starts so let me know if your interested.

Congeniality
05-18-2018, 10:30 AM
This is a tempting chance to come back for just one more tournament..... :P

Jensmage
05-18-2018, 11:29 AM
This is a tempting chance to come back for just one more tournament..... :P

Buy my enchanted sets and your team will have a good chance. :P They are reaching perfect eventually.

Congeniality
05-18-2018, 12:24 PM
Buy my enchanted sets and your team will have a good chance. :P They are reaching perfect eventually.

I will keep you in mind whenever I decide to cap a character :).

Thank you!
Walie

Jensmage
05-18-2018, 01:22 PM
I will keep you in mind whenever I decide to cap a character :).

Thank you!
Walie

Are you sure you want to cap to L105 for the 5v5 tourney? Tourney will probably have 4-6 teams @5v5. I wouldn't be surprised 2 or 3 of the teams are from Restoration guild. The tourney should be called "Restoration Tourney". :) Im in it for the gold. :) So much hate I will create.

XghostzX
05-18-2018, 02:10 PM
Are you sure you want to cap to L105 for the 5v5 tourney? Tourney will probably have 4-6 teams @5v5. I wouldn't be surprised 2 or 3 of the teams are from Restoration guild. The tourney should be called "Restoration Tourney". :) Im in it for the gold. :) So much hate I will create.

Yes, you are perpetrating 'hate' by making these unnecessary comments.

It's disappointing that you, alongside many other members of the community, are solely in it for the prizes. Especially given your natural status in the game, I mean, players would actually listen to you if you encouraged them to join the forums and get involved in tournaments. They're supposed to be fun with prizes being the cherry on top. Instead, you marvel at the chance do things only in the interest of yourself. Back in the day, players joined tournaments for the fun of it. I guess that's too much to ask for now, so thank you for making this community a superb place with comments like that :)

But because we have such a prize-savvy community, I did request from Cinco that for all the participants that join, they will automatically be rewarded with some type of vanity – I'll give more details when and if I get a response on this.

Trenton
05-18-2018, 02:30 PM

It's disappointing that you, alongside many other members of the community, are solely in it for the prizes. Especially given your natural status in the game, I mean, players would actually listen to you if you encouraged them to join the forums and get involved in tournaments. They're supposed to be fun with prizes being the cherry on top. Instead, you marvel at the chance do things only in the interest of yourself. Back in the day, players joined tournament for the fun of it. I guess that's too much to ask for now, so thank you for making this community a superb place with comments like that :)

But because we have such a prize-savvy community, I did request from Cinco that for all the participants that join, they will automatically be rewarded with some type of vanity – I'll give more details when and if I get a response on this.Is it sad that I just wanna join to join lol I always loved the very few tournaments I joined back in the good ol days but I've acquired my L105 full set so I have no want for gold.

Also fyi anyone reading this that hasn't played 5v5 ffa yet, it's incredibly fun. I'm not super pro but I had loads of fun and averaged like 6-7 kills per game and using strategies is seriously freaking fun lol I can't wait for 5v5 ctf

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dolloway
05-18-2018, 02:42 PM
I will be asking bigger endgame guilds like Pocket Community and Reborn if they're interested in getting involved in the tournament by adding a few teams, and of course, the guilds more involved in the pvp scene like Apex and Family. We should have at least two teams coming from Resto as well. I'm excited to play 5v5 ctf like the good 'ol days.

Jensmage
05-18-2018, 03:12 PM

It's disappointing that you, alongside many other members of the community, are solely in it for the prizes. Especially given your natural status in the game, I mean, players would actually listen to you if you encouraged them to join the forums and get involved in tournaments. They're supposed to be fun with prizes being the cherry on top. Instead, you marvel at the chance do things only in the interest of yourself. Back in the day, players joined tournament for the fun of it. I guess that's too much to ask for now, so thank you for making this community a superb place with comments like that :)

But because we have such a prize-savvy community, I did request from Cinco that for all the participants that join, they will automatically be rewarded with some type of vanity – I'll give more details when and if I get a response on this.

I am stating the facts and some will hate the facts. 4-6 teams and 2-3 restoration is a great tourney. If tourney was 2v2 or 3v3, we will have more teams from different little guilds joining. More teams will bring competitions. The golden days of 5v5 CTF cant be done with the endgame pool we have these days.

From a player that is hosting a tourney endgame and expecting 4-5 teams and the fifth team is weak. Nice comment yesterday.

Congeniality
05-19-2018, 09:10 AM
As a side note, I just wanted to join for fun.... I didn't read all of the description of the tournament (caught me red handed! XD) and didn't even know there was a prize..... I think people should join just because they love the game :).

As a side note, the comments haven't been bad thus far, but be sure to keep it civil so the thread doesn't get shut down.

Much Love,
Walie

Xyzther
05-19-2018, 12:00 PM
Wall eeeeee

Chill
05-20-2018, 08:26 AM
I had an idea for the tourney and figured id post it but since we all would want a fair and friendly tourney what if we could have enchantments turned off for the 5v5 tourney or just have the enchantments turned off for the next month and a half for Castle Keepaway map so it will level the playing field for everyone so everyone could have a chance at winning and make everyone feel welcomed to come join without them fearing of what could in there eyes ruin a tourney and make it feel as if it was pay to win i just feel like with enchants we cant have 100% fair tourney cause most of us cant get the perfect enchants which yes ctf takes skill and its not about the kills but at the same time if a team has perfected stats vs a team with decent stats it wouldnt be a fair fight the team that payed the most would have the advantage by a decent amount

Anyway cant wait to see where this tourney goes and good luck to everyone!😄

XghostzX
05-20-2018, 10:05 AM
I had an idea for the tourney and figured id post it but since we all would want a fair and friendly tourney what if we could have enchantments turned off for the 5v5 tourney or just have the enchantments turned off for the next month and a half for Castle Keepaway map so it will level the playing field for everyone so everyone could have a chance at winning and make everyone feel welcomed to come join without them fearing of what could in there eyes ruin a tourney and make it feel as if it was pay to win i just feel like with enchants we cant have 100% fair tourney cause most of us cant get the perfect enchants which yes ctf takes skill and its not about the kills but at the same time if a team has perfected stats vs a team with decent stats it wouldnt be a fair fight the team that payed the most would have the advantage by a decent amount

Anyway cant wait to see where this tourney goes and good luck to everyone!��

Hey man!

It's a great suggestion, and I am all about leveling the playing field. However, it would be next to impossible to enforce this. All that players would have to do is substitute their enchanted gear with their non-enchanted gear during the game – the opposing team would have NO idea this is going on. And believe me, where there is something to be exploited in the battle for a cool, new exclusive vanity, that certain thing WILL be exploited.

I really do believe that players do not have to spend tons on enchants. I can speak on behalf of the restor team I'll be playing with. We all have average enchants, obtained through gold rerolls, and none of us blew huge amounts on getting a slightly better stat. At the end of the day, the team play should ultimately be enough to cast aside enchantments.

OneLeft
05-20-2018, 10:47 AM
Hey man!

It's a great suggestion, and I am all about leveling the playing field. However, it would be next to impossible to enforce this. All that players would have to do is substitute their enchanted gear with their non-enchanted gear during the game – the opposing team would have NO idea this is going on. And believe me, where there is something to be exploited in the battle for a cool, new exclusive vanity, that certain thing WILL be exploited.

I really do believe that players do not have to spend tons on enchants. I can speak on behalf of the restor team I'll be playing with. We all have average enchants, obtained through gold rerolls, and none of us blew huge amounts on getting a slightly better stat. At the end of the day, the team play should ultimately be enough to cast aside enchantments.

I think he means have cinco turn off enchantments in pvp. Not trusting the other team to just not wear enchanted gear.

XghostzX
05-20-2018, 11:01 AM
I think he means have cinco turn off enchantments in pvp. Not trusting the other team to just not wear enchanted gear.

Ah, if that could be done that would be great. Though, I don’t really know if Cinco would be up to it.

Dolloway
05-20-2018, 11:07 AM
Ah, if that could be done that would be great. Though, I don’t really know if Cinco would be up to it.

I think for this tourney and every tourney onward, Cinco should turn off enchants in the map that players are required to host for playing matches. In this case, since Castle KeepAway is the map that's going to be played on in the tourney, Cinco should turn off enchants in this map during the duration of this tournament. Keep the enchants in all other zones so that players don't lose anything, but this will make it so tournaments are more purely based on strategy, skill, etc. and are not compromised based on who has the better enchants. Even though I don't think enchants make as much of a difference at endgame, they surely will for future twink tournaments, which is why we should start by making this precedent for tournaments.

Jilsponie
05-20-2018, 11:25 AM
Omg guys... you have already set the rules, set the format that favors only your guild (5v5 no other guilds could come up with more than 1 team) then got together here on forums and talked cinco into favoring the typical ctf pally mage playing style by adding snare effects to swords giving movement speed advantage, made bow proc unhealable giving that a movement speed advantage, and had speed removed from the int set removing the movement speed advantage over others.

Now remove enchantments too? Ik enchantments are not exactly fair, but y'all are already going to win...

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

XghostzX
05-20-2018, 11:34 AM
Omg guys... you have already set the rules, set the format that favors only your guild (5v5 no other guilds could come up with more than 1 team) then got together here on forums and talked cinco into favoring the typical ctf pally mage playing style by adding snare effects to swords giving movement speed advantage, made bow proc unhealable giving that a movement speed advantage, and had speed removed from the int set removing the movement speed advantage over others.

Now remove enchantments too? Ik enchantments are not exactly fair, but y'all are already going to win...

1. We are not setting a format that 'favors our guild.' Restoration is a group of experienced, talented PvPers; I'm not trying to brag, but yes, Restoration members have a history of winning tournaments because we do practice all avenues of PvP, particularly types of PvP that require the most strategic gameplay. Other guilds expect to win tournaments when they don't bother to at least try some 5v5 CTF games. I am designing this tournament so we can bring back an element of the game that has been lost for so many years; but change is supposedly frightening to some people. We enjoy 5v5 CTF, and want to host a tournament. You do not have to participate, you are free to host your tournament – why do you have to be so negative about it? It's supposed to be fun. Besides, literally everyone who participates will win a vanity shield.

2. Pally mages are not going to be allowed. The tournament is going to be class-specific sets.

3. What difference does it make for procs if the teams are required to be balanced? Each team will have two birds – hence, two teams can utilize the bow proc.

4. Are you suggesting you do not want to keep a leveled playing field by keeping enchantments? Why would anyone ever want to participate in a tournament where players are deliberately asking for an advantage? Seems logical that a tournament should be as fair as possible; frankly, I find it unbelievable it would be advocated otherwise. Besides, the removal of enchantments is merely an early idea right now that is definitely worth considering. Your precious enchantments might not be eliminated entirely.

I hope one of these days players can actually enjoy the tournament for what it is and not be so critical, regardless of who they think will win. I'm trying to do this for you guys per request.

Jilsponie
05-20-2018, 11:46 AM
1. We are not setting a format that 'favors our guild.' Restoration is a group of experienced, PvPers; I'm not trying to brag, but yes, Restoration members have a history of winning tournaments because we do practice all avenues of PvP, particularly types of PvP that require the most strategic gameplay. We enjoy 5v5 CTF, and want to host a tournament. You do not have to participate, you are free to host your tournament – why do you have to be so negative about it? It's supposed to be fun. Besides, literally everyone who participates will win a vanity shield.

2. Pally mages are not going to be allowed. The tournament is going to be class-specific sets.

3. What difference does it make for procs if the teams are required to be balanced? Each team will have two birds – hence, two teams can utilize the bow proc.

4. Are you suggesting you do not want to keep a leveled playing field by keeping enchantments? Why would anyone ever want to participate in a tournament where players are deliberately asking for an advantage? Seems logical that a tournament should be as fair as possible; frankly, I find it unbelievable it would be advocated otherwise.

I hope one of these days players can actually enjoy the tournament for what it is and not be so critical, regardless of who they think will win. I'm trying to do this for you guys per request.Don't get me wrong I have many friends in restoration.... but a 5v5... you're getting as you said yourself, members that have a history of winning tournaments together in as many numbers as possible to go against people that are going to have to play with people they may have never played with at all, let alone years of experience playing side by side. Honestly if you don't see that as an advantage you're pretty stubborn. Removing enchantments is the one advantage someone else might be able to get to "level the playing field" vs a group of 5 players that have been side by side for years.

In a 2v2 or 3v3 1 experienced good player with a good strategy can carry the team as long as the newer players are skilled and follow strategy... but not in a 5v5.

P.S. If pallies are not allowed, and everyone has to play class specific, now would be a good time to edit the OP to say that.

XghostzX
05-20-2018, 12:04 PM
Don't get me wrong I have many friends in restoration.... but a 5v5... you're getting as you said yourself, members that have a history of winning tournaments together in as many numbers as possible to go against people that are going to have to play with people they may have never played with at all, let alone years of experience playing side by side. Honestly if you don't see that as an advantage you're pretty stubborn. Removing enchantments is the one advantage someone else might be able to get to "level the playing field" vs a group of 5 players that have been side by side for years.

In a 2v2 or 3v3 1 experienced good player with a good strategy can carry the team as long as the newer players are skilled and follow strategy... but not in a 5v5.

P.S. If pallies are not allowed, and everyone has to play class specific, now would be a good time to edit the OP to say that.

I am not being stubborn at all. I do believe that Restor has a good chance of winning REGARDLESS of what type of tournament we host.

It may be hard for you to believe, but I really am passionate about bringing back 5v5 action. I'm not going to argue. There will be plenty of 2v2 and 3v3 tournaments in the future. Not sure why you can't just wait for the next one, or just go ahead and host your own tournament. It's so easy to be critical of everything.

And why on earth would you want a match in which one player has the ability to carry the whole team? Am I going crazy, or is that honestly supposed to be fun? If the "newer players are skilled" as you mentioned, then they should be "skilled" enough for 5v5 CTF! There is nothing more complex about 5v5 CTF... you work cooperatively just like you would in a 3v3 match but now you have a different goal of getting the flags... doesn't seem so difficult to me.

Jilsponie
05-20-2018, 12:12 PM
Skill and experience are 2 completely different things... but yes i agree resto would have a really good chance at winning regardless of the format, but an even bigger chance in a 5v5.amd by carry i mean guide, explain, give strategy, not get all the flags yada yada. You took my words out of context and you know it. Clearly another case of "it's jilsponie so nope" lol
I am not being stubborn at all. I do believe that Restor has a good chance of winning REGARDLESS of what type of tournament we host.

It may be hard for you to believe, but I really am passionate about bringing back 5v5 action. I'm not going to argue. There will be plenty of 2v2 and 3v3 tournaments in the future. Not sure why you can't just wait for the next one, or just go ahead and host your own tournament. It's so easy to be critical of everything.

And why on earth would you want a match in which one player has the ability to carry the whole team? Am I going crazy, or is that honestly supposed to be fun? If the "newer players are skilled" as you mentioned, then they should be "skilled" enough for 5v5 CTF! There is nothing more complex about 5v5 CTF... you work cooperatively just like you would in a 3v3 match but now you have a different goal of getting the flags... doesn't seem so difficult to me.

XghostzX
05-20-2018, 12:26 PM
Skill and experience are 2 completely different things... but yes i agree resto would have a really good chance at winning regardless of the format, but an even bigger chance in a 5v5.amd by carry i mean guide, explain, give strategy, not get all the flags yada yada. You took my words out of context and you know it. Clearly another case of "it's jilsponie so nope" lol

Skill and experience are two similar things, you gain skill when you have more experience.

If your definition of 'carry' is to guide, explain, and give strategy, why can't that be applied to CTF? You literally apply the same strategy of fighting but have an external objective of getting a flag and bringing it to your base.

I did not take your words out of context, I read them exactly as it was posted.

Jilsponie
05-20-2018, 12:29 PM
Well congrats you get to learn the definition of a word today... as far as gaining skill with experience, people without some skill never get experience because dying is boring
Skill and experience are two similar things, you gain skill when you have more experience.

If you're definition of 'carry' is to guide, explain, and give strategy, why can't that be applied to CTF? You literally apply the same strategy of fighting but have an external objective of getting a flag and bringing it to your base.

I did not take your words out of context, I read them exactly as it was posted.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180520/fa75547a11e690770da75df88ed8997a.jpg

Absolize
05-20-2018, 08:02 PM
I know this is a pretty steep request since you already have everything planned out, but I feel like rhino and fox have been out of the mix for too long now. I feel like with some rules and regulations fox and rhino wouldn’t be annoying in CTF. I feel as if you should allow any class, but for fox and rhino say they’re not allowed to cap the flag at all, or make it to where they’re not allowed to run flags. I personally never like to run flags in CTF anyway so I would be completely fine with that rule along with anyone who is good at rhino or fox.

-Hook

OneLeft
05-20-2018, 09:26 PM
I know this is a pretty steep request since you already have everything planned out, but I feel like rhino and fox have been out of the mix for too long now. I feel like with some rules and regulations fox and rhino wouldn’t be annoying in CTF. I feel as if you should allow any class, but for fox and rhino say they’re not allowed to cap the flag at all, or make it to where they’re not allowed to run flags. I personally never like to run flags in CTF anyway so I would be completely fine with that rule along with anyone who is good at rhino or fox.

-Hook

Just want to point out another reason rhinos are probably excluded is that they are the most OP class in the game and it is not very close.
and nobody would want a fox on their team because they still suck

Absolize
05-20-2018, 09:37 PM
Anyone who plays or knows rhino understands how hard they are to use in teamplay. They are good in 1v1 yes but it requires a lot to understand and be good with them in any type of teamplay. And yes I know fox sucks but I’m saying give people a choice that’s the point I was trying to get across

XghostzX
05-21-2018, 07:57 AM
@Hook:

You make a really good point. I do struggle with the idea of incorporating foxes and rhinos into these large CTF games for a couple reasons:

1. There really aren't a whole lot of foxes (and rhinos, but mostly foxes) to go around for all the teams. I usually advocate for balanced teams, and telling everyone to have a fox on their team would severely limit the amount of teams we actually have. If foxes had a larger presence in the game, this wouldn't be an issue (but they're very much underpowered).

2. IF foxes, say, were suddenly buffed up and had high damage output, I would be afraid of the amount of times a fox could catch up to the person running the flag and try to kill them. Frankly, it would be a little overwhelming. And yes, while technically this shouldn't be a problem for the opposing team running the flag (since utilizing proper team play should keep you safe), it does prevent virtually any one person from sneaking to grab the flag and go from my experience (since a fox can run down the map like 2-3 times before the player ever reaches their base), which is sometimes a necessary strategic element.

The second point I made doesn't concern me nearly as much as the first. I suspect if you could seek out a handful of foxes, then it would be worth considering. But the fact of the matter is that nobody plays fox, and that would be a huge burden on the overall balance I aim to achieve for these tournaments. The solution would be to just let teams substitute in a fox/rhino for their counterparts if a fox and rhino wanted to participate (for a bird and mage, respectively), but I would most likely still permit the use of two mages and two birds.

Please let me know your thoughts!

bglir
05-21-2018, 09:47 AM
1. We are not setting a format that 'favors our guild.' Restoration is a group of experienced, talented PvPers; I'm not trying to brag, but yes, Restoration members have a history of winning tournaments because we do practice all avenues of PvP, particularly types of PvP that require the most strategic gameplay. Other guilds expect to win tournaments when they don't bother to at least try some 5v5 CTF games. I am designing this tournament so we can bring back an element of the game that has been lost for so many years; but change is supposedly frightening to some people. We enjoy 5v5 CTF, and want to host a tournament. You do not have to participate, you are free to host your tournament – why do you have to be so negative about it? It's supposed to be fun. Besides, literally everyone who participates will win a vanity shield.

4. Are you suggesting you do not want to keep a leveled playing field by keeping enchantments? Why would anyone ever want to participate in a tournament where players are deliberately asking for an advantage? Seems logical that a tournament should be as fair as possible; frankly, I find it unbelievable it would be advocated otherwise. Besides, the removal of enchantments is merely an early idea right now that is definitely worth considering. Your precious enchantments might not be eliminated entirely.

I hope one of these days players can actually enjoy the tournament for what it is and not be so critical, regardless of who they think will win. I'm trying to do this for you guys per request.

So Pally a big NO, SAD, I Sure do missed the good old days, endless pvp and ctf game daily and anyone freely use what ever sets, well it's host rules and regulation got to respect that, have fun guys.

Jensmage
05-21-2018, 10:14 AM

That is how Restoration guild works. Get a group of Restoration members to suggest on the forum when things dont go there way. With enchant will bring revenue to the game. I would have a game exist than not at all. STS spent time and tuning these sets to earn some revenue. Restoration shouldn't complain about enchants when most of your members are already enchanted. Also, this is a 5v5 so enchant won't make a difference or very little difference.

Jilsponie
05-21-2018, 10:19 AM
Let's not say it's the whole guild... i used to say things like this but it's really not true...

In fact your guild was one i used to lump all together, because of a few toxic bullies that took advantage of your kindness providing stat weapons... i changed my tune on your guild as a whole because YOU tend to be rather respectful... usually lol
That is how Restoration guild works. Get a group of Restoration members to suggest on the forum when things dont go there way. With enchant will bring revenue to the game. I would have a game exist than not at all. STS spent time and tuning these sets to earn some revenue. Restoration shouldn't complain about enchants when most of your members are already enchanted. Also, this is a 5v5 so enchant won't make a difference or very little difference.

Jilsponie
05-21-2018, 10:22 AM
Then why do i get it the first auto attack sometimes, and not at all other fights...

XghostzX
05-21-2018, 10:23 AM

Restoration is not complaining about enchants :D

You truly have the most warped way of thinking. Not wanting to level the playing field? Do sports matches give a team an extra point/goal before the game starts? No. I am beyond perplexed at some of these wild dispositions. I suggest rereading the last posts. We are not advocating for enchantments to be removed from the game entirely. Can you kindly walk away from this thread and stop derailing it? You seem to not have anything better to do.

Jensmage
05-21-2018, 10:49 AM

You truly have the most warped way of thinking. Not wanting to level the playing field? Do sports matches give a team an extra point/goal before the game starts? No. I am beyond perplexed at some of these wild dispositions. I suggest rereading the last posts. We are not advocating for enchantments to be removed from the game entirely. Can you kindly walk away from this thread and stop derailing it? You seem to not have anything better to do.

I should say some players from Restoration are. Does the tourney provide a point at either sides before the game starts? Probably not. Enchant does not add points to the score. Enchant permit players to alter their stats in a way to benefit the players. Any player can reach the same stats.

Please see comment from a Restoration member. I am sure there will be more to come.

"I would like to suggest the removal of enchantments from pvp zones to keep the game from being pay to win.
1v1 are mainly decided by 1. Enchantments and 2. Who procs the most.
Although enchantments might not play a huge role in teamplay it does give an advantage to a certain team
Id like to see pvp go back to whomever has the best skills at the game and not who has the most gold/money"

Jilsponie
05-21-2018, 10:54 AM
But with your same argument of leveling the playing field... and using your same sports example, do professional teams play vs amateur teams? Y'all are putting together teams of 5 experienced players, and expecting a level playing field? Most players don't even have the resources to practice 5v5... let alone get enough practice in the next month to complete vs 5 players that have been side by side for years...

That being said, i believe enchantments should be removed from pvp altogether or, fixed so that max enchantments are possible for everyone no matter what. As it stands now some players are paying millions for the same enchantments others get for 200-300k.

XghostzX
05-21-2018, 11:35 AM
@Jen - Even though I think your argument for not keeping things as completely fair as possible is literally the worst idea for a competition I've ever heard of, you'll more than likely be able to use the enchantments you spent 50k plat on. It was just an idea worth considering, I really hadn't anticipated the accusations and overwhelming disproval from you.

@Jil – That's contradicting, though. You can't just assert that enchantments should be in the tournament so "amateur teams" can fairly compete with "professional teams" then advocate for the removal of enchantments.

If anything, Restoration appreciates the praise. Maybe instead of spending time whining on the forums and derailing my thread, you can spend the time practicing with teams in game if it's so astonishing as you make it out to be.

You guys can host tournaments the way you want to host them, and I'll host tournaments the way I want to host it.

Muzzling
05-21-2018, 11:39 AM
@Jen - Even though I think your argument for not keeping things as completely fair as possible is literally the worst idea for a competition I've ever heard of, you'll more than likely be able to use the enchantments you spent 50k plat on. It was just an idea worth considering, I really hadn't anticipated the accusations and overwhelming disproval from you.

@Jil – That's contradicting, though. You can't just assert that enchantments should be in the tournament so "amateur teams" can fairly compete with "professional teams" then advocate for the removal of enchantments.

If anything, Restoration appreciates the praise. Maybe instead of spending time whining on the forums and derailing my thread, you can spend the time practicing with teams in game if it's so astonishing as you make it out to be.

You guys can host tournaments the way you want to host them, and I'll host tournaments the way I want to host it.

Does the tourney have to be ctf, can we do 5v5 shadow fight arena? Then do ctf later once everyone is used to 105 by that point, ik a lot of people just now getting into ctf that want to tourney but they are discouraged because of the advantage the pvp guilds have

Jensmage
05-21-2018, 11:53 AM
Does the tourney have to be ctf, can we do 5v5 shadow fight arena? Then do ctf later once everyone is used to 105 by that point, ik a lot of people just now getting into ctf that want to tourney but they are discouraged because of the advantage the pvp guilds have

+1

It is true that lots of players are still acquiring their L105 sets. They will probably require sometime to be familiar with PVP @ l105. It might be up to the host to update the tourney schedule and pvp rules. Since he is hosting it, he will host the tournament the way he wants to host it.

Jilsponie
05-21-2018, 12:04 PM

You guys can host tournaments the way you want to host them, and I'll host tournaments the way I want to host it.Ummm did you read my last post all the way through? I kinda said they should be removed from pvp altogether or fixed to make it fair for all players...

Seeing how in the end I'm supporting YOUR suggestion to remove enchantments from pvp... and simply pointed out that it's weird that someone with a HUGE experience advantage over others is talking about a "level playing field" was silly... it looks like this is just another "disagree with jilsponie for being jilsponie"

Waug
05-21-2018, 01:07 PM
5v5 tourney itself hard to conduct and gathering all players together from different time zones is overwhelming & 5v5 CTF game is one of the least played format after 1v1 map. Instead of that .. well.

Winner is already clear even b4 starting, that restoration will win. Take that as complement xD

Mine AGK
05-21-2018, 01:16 PM
5v5 tourney itself hard to conduct and gathering all players together from different time zones is overwhelming & 5v5 CTF game is one of the least played format after 1v1 map. Instead of that .. well.

Winner is already clear even b4 starting, that restoration will win. Take that as complement xD

Restoration is notorious for team play but from experience, have very few people that can hold their own in 1v1.

Mine AGK
05-21-2018, 01:29 PM
Restoration is notorious for team play but from experience, have very few people that can hold their own in 1v1.

This tourney will favor restoration just based on the amount who voted for a 5v5 ctf tourney and not a solo tourney. In all honesty, i think solo tourney(s) would be way better for bringing NEW players into PVP. With the past couple years of tourney(s), they have heavily favored restoration. 100 cap was a win for restor and with this 5v5, will more then likely be another win.

Congeniality
05-21-2018, 01:50 PM
@Hook:

You make a really good point. I do struggle with the idea of incorporating foxes and rhinos into these large CTF games for a couple reasons:

1. There really aren't a whole lot of foxes (and rhinos, but mostly foxes) to go around for all the teams. I usually advocate for balanced teams, and telling everyone to have a fox on their team would severely limit the amount of teams we actually have. If foxes had a larger presence in the game, this wouldn't be an issue (but they're very much underpowered).

2. IF foxes, say, were suddenly buffed up and had high damage output, I would be afraid of the amount of times a fox could catch up to the person running the flag and try to kill them. Frankly, it would be a little overwhelming. And yes, while technically this shouldn't be a problem for the opposing team running the flag (since utilizing proper team play should keep you safe), it does prevent virtually any one person from sneaking to grab the flag and go from my experience (since a fox can run down the map like 2-3 times before the player ever reaches their base), which is sometimes a necessary strategic element.

The second point I made doesn't concern me nearly as much as the first. I suspect if you could seek out a handful of foxes, then it would be worth considering. But the fact of the matter is that nobody plays fox, and that would be a huge burden on the overall balance I aim to achieve for these tournaments. The solution would be to just let teams substitute in a fox/rhino for their counterparts if a fox and rhino wanted to participate (for a bird and mage, respectively), but I would most likely still permit the use of two mages and two birds.

I've been itching for a chance to play competitively on my fox, if they are allowed, count me in!

Congeniality
05-21-2018, 02:11 PM
To those bashing on Will about this tournament, I would like to make some small points to put this all into perspective:

Firstly, Will is being kind enough to host a tournament in the first place. Hosting a tournament isn't a piece of cake, as everyone with a question comes to you, and all those looking to sign up also go to that person. Thus, Will is taking on a huge responsibility (as he has done many times in the past) and deserves a resounding "thank you" from the entire community.

Secondly, Will has openly recognized that restoration will have multiple teams in the tournament. This isn't because he is looking to rig the tournament... it's because those are the people who play endgame!!

Thirdly, I implore everyone to not be deterred by restoration teams being in the tournament, instead, embrace the challenge and try to play to their level! From what I have seen on this post as well as many others, restoration recognizes that they are the most experienced players at endgame PvP, but aren't looking for a chance to gloat. They are just looking for fun competition. So don't take it as a "tournament restoration just wants to win". Look at it as a chance for fellow lovers of the game to have fun.

Fourthly (if that's a word), Will has been open to all chances to level the playing field for everyone. He even mentioned that he would be up for asking Cinco about disabling enchantments for the tournament! Clearly, there is a willingness to be flexible, and make the experience fun for everyone.

I could go on for ages, but I think this sums up the majority of what I am thinking. Remember, this is a tournament for fun. By debating over the logistics, I find we are taking away from the intent of the tournament in the first place.

Thus, I, as well as many others I'm sure, would be thankful for the Will-bashing to stop. Let's move forward and enjoy a fun CTF tournament!

Thank you for all those who read this,
Walie

P.S. Be sure to keep the comments civil so the thread doesn't get closed

Mine AGK
05-21-2018, 03:00 PM
To those bashing on Will about this tournament, I would like to make some small points to put this all into perspective:

Firstly, Will is being kind enough to host a tournament in the first place. Hosting a tournament isn't a piece of cake, as everyone with a question comes to you, and all those looking to sign up also go to that person. Thus, Will is taking on a huge responsibility (as he has done many times in the past) and deserves a resounding "thank you" from the entire community.

Secondly, Will has openly recognized that restoration will have multiple teams in the tournament. This isn't because he is looking to rig the tournament... it's because those are the people who play endgame!!

Thirdly, I implore everyone to not be deterred by restoration teams being in the tournament, instead, embrace the challenge and try to play to their level! From what I have seen on this post as well as many others, restoration recognizes that they are the most experienced players at endgame PvP, but aren't looking for a chance to gloat. They are just looking for fun competition. So don't take it as a "tournament restoration just wants to win". Look at it as a chance for fellow lovers of the game to have fun.

Fourthly (if that's a word), Will has been open to all chances to level the playing field for everyone. He even mentioned that he would be up for asking Cinco about disabling enchantments for the tournament! Clearly, there is a willingness to be flexible, and make the experience fun for everyone.

I could go on for ages, but I think this sums up the majority of what I am thinking. Remember, this is a tournament for fun. By debating over the logistics, I find we are taking away from the intent of the tournament in the first place.

Thus, I, as well as many others I'm sure, would be thankful for the Will-bashing to stop. Let's move forward and enjoy a fun CTF tournament!

Thank you for all those who read this,
Walie

P.S. Be sure to keep the comments civil so the thread doesn't get closed

This is exactly why some people hate team play. This is also another reason why NEW players dont stay or participate in future tourney(s). As ive already said, restoration has very few people that are good in a solo. Yes, they are good in teams but few hold their own in a solo. Having the same people win over and over and over again isnt fun for NEW players. I dont see people hating on Will, i just see people calling the game before anything because its an obvious statement that has some logic behind it.

Everyone has thanked Will for hosting this several times as we always do when he hosts a tourney. Its just frustrating to SOME that the tournament in this case, benefits the people who team play more then anyone else instead of seeing who can win a different type of tourney. Congrats to restoration to being (in my opinion) the best team players in PL. Ill still make sure i enter the tourney just for fun, so we shall see what happens.

Absolize
05-21-2018, 04:54 PM
@Hook:

No one plays fox I understand, and there are some rhinos to go around in teams, like me and Luis for resotorations team if you guys prefer, just an example. But yes I agree with the statement of letting a team substitute a rhino or fox for a bird or mage if they prefer, I feel like that’s fair and it’s all based on decision. Either way if there’s a mage and a rhino on a team and 2 mages on another I feel like that is still balanced. My suggestion to keep jumping flags and jumping to catch people with the flags is just make a special set of rules for a rhino or fox. I know there will probably not be any foxes on any team and I understand that, just the point was to let people choose, and if they do they would have to substitute it for a bird.

Let me know what you think!

Absolize
05-21-2018, 04:58 PM
@Hook:

Also, if you still feel like a rhino or fox would jump a flag in a sneaky manner during the game, I am one that can record my entire gameplay and if anyone is suspicious I can provide it. If you really think that will be a big issue (considering it will only be me and Luis as rhinos entering) I will record my gameplay during the matches

Absolize
05-21-2018, 05:07 PM
Basically to put out what I am saying short, I feel like the most balanced way would be if you choose to add a rhino to your team, you would need to substitute a mage. However, if you choose to add a fox to your team, substitute a bird. I feel like that is the most balanced way to go about it :)

XghostzX
05-21-2018, 05:08 PM
Also, if you still feel like a rhino or fox would jump a flag in a sneaky manner during the game, I am one that can record my entire gameplay and if anyone is suspicious I can provide it. If you really think that will be a big issue (considering it will only be me and Luis as rhinos entering) I will record my gameplay during the matches

No, I don't suspect that would be an issue honestly.

There were some others who did raise another valid point – Rhinos and Foxes are pretty notorious for appearing to be 'teleporting,' particularly when there are matches filled with lots of players. They'll often be seen flying across the map. But this is all still worth considering.

@Walie – Thank you for the kind words. My goal really is to bring something new and fresh; to change it up a bit.

I'm going to host a 5v5 CTF tournament, with plans to host different types of tournaments in the future. I probably will not be hosting any 1v1 tournaments as I think they're uneventful and quite the opposite of exciting, but definitely some 3v3's/2v2's in the future. As I mentioned earlier, you all have the ability to host your own tournaments. You just make a post, get people to sign up, and all that other jazz.

Jensmage
05-21-2018, 05:40 PM

Your thoughts are like mine. :) Should we just give out the prizes before the tourney starts?

Mine AGK
05-21-2018, 05:46 PM
Your thoughts are like mine. :) Should we just give out the prizes before the tourney starts?

Ive already posted about a 5 class 1v1 tourney that puts everyone against the same class. INCLUDING being able to enter all 5 classes.

Jensmage
05-21-2018, 06:02 PM
Ive already posted about a 5 class 1v1 tourney that puts everyone against the same class. INCLUDING being able to enter all 5 classes.

:( Why not have 2v2 or 3v3? Solo is so lonely.

Absolize
05-21-2018, 07:00 PM
@Ghost

I only know of that to happen when a fox or rhino is constantly running flags or dashing around the map. With the set of rules I’ve stated it should prevent that without a problem. All I’m asking is for you to experiment with it and see where it goes. As you can see Walie will be one fox to participate, it just adds something new to this tourney in particular, since most don’t allow fox and rhino I’m rarely able to participate considering that is what I use as my main now. You can look at this as an experiment and if you don’t like how it turns out you will know.

Draebatad
05-21-2018, 07:08 PM
Do some test runs, see how it goes. :)

Mine AGK
05-21-2018, 08:30 PM
:( Why not have 2v2 or 3v3? Solo is so lonely.

This would prevent people complaining about mages or a specific team being OP. Would also bring a bigger pool of people in. Team play isnt the only tourney(s) we can make. Team play only says that you are decent in teams and doesnt say that youre good in solos. Being good in teams can be a result of having to rely on someone else instead of being able to handle yourself against 1 other player.

XghostzX
05-21-2018, 09:07 PM
This would prevent people complaining about mages or a specific team being OP. Would also bring a bigger pool of people in. Team play isnt the only tourney(s) we can make. Team play only says that you are decent in teams and doesnt say that youre good in solos. Being good in teams can be a result of having to rely on someone else instead of being able to handle yourself against 1 other player.

Sounds dull

3pc
05-22-2018, 06:26 PM
So when exactly will this tourney be? I want to play but i leave for vacation on July 7-21 and i most likely wont be on PL while im away.

Mine AGK
05-22-2018, 07:08 PM
Sounds dull

Lol sounds dull because we havent had a 1v1 tourney in quite some time? Every single tourney since the last 1v1 tourney has benfitted restoration. Has been catered to restoration. Now that someone puts forth a tourney that forces someone to play solo and not rely on someone else, its dull? The majority of pvp fights are a 1v1 fight. Putting everyone on the same playing field and having them fight vs the same class is better then putting a bird vs mage or a bear vs mage.

Mine AGK
05-22-2018, 07:10 PM
Lol sounds dull because we havent had a 1v1 tourney in quite some time? Every single tourney since the last 1v1 tourney has benfitted restoration. Has been catered to restoration. Now that someone puts forth a tourney that forces someone to play solo and not rely on someone else, its dull? The majority of pvp fights are a 1v1 fight. Putting everyone on the same playing field and having them fight vs the same class is better then putting a bird vs mage or a bear vs mage.

This is also another reason people are calling the winners before the tourney even starts because Restoration is notorious for team play.

OneLeft
05-22-2018, 07:13 PM

Why dont you host the tourney yourself? And considering everyone knows a tourney like this will be pay to win. If it happens i would like to congratulate jen on being the one with the best enchantments.

Mine AGK
05-22-2018, 07:18 PM
Why dont you host the tourney yourself? And considering everyone knows a tourney like this will be pay to win. If it happens i would like to congratulate jen on being the one with the best enchantments.

Im already trying to set a tourney up for it. You yourself have already responded to it. I have already talked about enchants eligable to be locked so we can all play around with different builds and such. Will has also asked that enchants be turned off for the 5v5 CTF.

Fwend
05-22-2018, 07:19 PM
Im not a huge pvpver. But my friends and I are trying to get a team togther to join in on this CTF fun.

We respect that your attempting to rekindle end game ctf. Unfortunately some of the pro ctf players have quit and others like to be hybrid class and love to use either fox or rhino classes.

Either way we will join in on this fun, and eagerly wait for the challenge.

OneLeft
05-22-2018, 08:23 PM
Im already trying to set a tourney up for it. You yourself have already responded to it. I have already talked about enchants eligable to be locked so we can all play around with different builds and such. Will has also asked that enchants be turned off for the 5v5 CTF.

Yes, i know i was just stating it in here in hopes cinco will see that people want fair and even tournaments

XghostzX
05-22-2018, 10:15 PM

A battle of enchantments, I love it!

@Hook — I have some thoughts about incorporating foxes and rhinos that I will post when I have access to a computer.

Absolize
05-22-2018, 11:57 PM

@Hook — I have some thoughts about incorporating foxes and rhinos that I will post when I have access to a computer.

Okay let me know!

Mine AGK
05-23-2018, 01:40 AM

Lol? As ive already talked abouy before, enchantments should be allowed to be locked or would be deactivated as you have already REQUESTED for the 5v5 tourney.

Guess i could say the 5v5 tourney is a battle of people that havent team played as much as RESTORATION. Looks like those people are also at a disadvantage? Lol Will, you seem to refuse the idea of letting Restoration get into some 1v1 tourney it seems like? Youre one of the few i actually had hope for in the 1v1 mage section.

Dolloway
05-23-2018, 05:12 AM
Some people like me are just really passionate about bringing 5v5 back. We haven't had a tournament since the level 61 cap, as I've stated several times now. It's overdue compared to any other tournament style.

Restoration is not trying to 'rig' tournaments. We are not trying to profit. We are just trying to have fun in a way that we think would be the most fair way possible for everyone in such a tournament style. There will be people who disagree with rules no matter what is implemented. No matter the tournament style, no matter if people are allowed to use any class and gear combination they choose (hybrids) or if it's purely class-based, no matter if foxes and rhinos are allowed or banned, no matter if enchantments are allowed or not allowed. And so Ghost will implement rules that he thinks are deemed fair by the majority of players after talking with a great amount of such players and hearing everyone's feedback, both from in Restoration, in Pocket Community, in Apex, in Reborn, on forums, in game-only players who don't use forums, whatever.

The way I started out 5v5ing was as a novice. I had plenty of randoms on my team and I played against a coordinated opposing team that usually consisted of ex-Unity players such as Kanital, Imkelly, Amyxrose, HmmHmm, Xrax, or throw in Skimmey in there as well. All top players in their prime. I got beat down, sometimes my team got slaughtered. But soon enough, I became a challenging opponent to them. Through determination, I was able to rack up the highest kills in later games and cap the most flags for my team, even if it was in a losing effort. And at the end of the day, challenging myself made me a better player. It didn't discourage me, or make me sad and bitter. It made me have fun, which is what I think many people don't consider the bigger picture here. People are getting so wrapped up in prizes that Ghost had to personally ask Cinco to grant everyone who participates in this tourney a prize so that everyone could still feel like they won something at the end of the day, rather than just being content with winning or losing and having fun playing the game.

As stated by others, you are open to host any kind of tournament that you desire. If you dislike this one, there are bound to be other tournaments hosted that you will like, whether Ghost hosts one in the future after this one or another individual hosts one at anytime.

Everyone should just drop the negativity on this thread. That includes Restoration players and that includes people attacking the tournament host (Ghost) and his guild.

Mine AGK
05-23-2018, 07:12 AM
Some people like me are just really passionate about bringing 5v5 back. We haven't had a tournament since the level 61 cap, as I've stated several times now. It's overdue compared to any other tournament style.

Restoration is not trying to 'rig' tournaments. We are not trying to profit. We are just trying to have fun in a way that we think would be the most fair way possible for everyone in such a tournament style. There will be people who disagree with rules no matter what is implemented. No matter the tournament style, no matter if people are allowed to use any class and gear combination they choose (hybrids) or if it's purely class-based, no matter if foxes and rhinos are allowed or banned, no matter if enchantments are allowed or not allowed. And so Ghost will implement rules that he thinks are deemed fair by the majority of players after talking with a great amount of such players and hearing everyone's feedback, both from in Restoration, in Pocket Community, in Apex, in Reborn, on forums, in game-only players who don't use forums, whatever.

The way I started out 5v5ing was as a novice. I had plenty of randoms on my team and I played against a coordinated opposing team that usually consisted of ex-Unity players such as Kanital, Imkelly, Amyxrose, HmmHmm, Xrax, or throw in Skimmey in there as well. All top players in their prime. I got beat down, sometimes my team got slaughtered. But soon enough, I became a challenging opponent to them. Through determination, I was able to rack up the highest kills in later games and cap the most flags for my team, even if it was in a losing effort. And at the end of the day, challenging myself made me a better player. It didn't discourage me, or make me sad and bitter. It made me have fun, which is what I think many people don't consider the bigger picture here. People are getting so wrapped up in prizes that Ghost had to personally ask Cinco to grant everyone who participates in this tourney a prize so that everyone could still feel like they won something at the end of the day, rather than just being content with winning or losing and having fun playing the game.

As stated by others, you are open to host any kind of tournament that you desire. If you dislike this one, there are bound to be other tournaments hosted that you will like, whether Ghost hosts one in the future after this one or another individual hosts one at anytime.

Everyone should just drop the negativity on this thread. That includes Restoration players and that includes people attacking the tournament host (Ghost) and his guild.

Once again, you seem to be forgetting the fact that nearly all of pvps player base at this point in time, are 1v1 players that have done nothing but fight solo. Some will do FFA with 3v3 squads and some have also been involved in guild wars back at 76/77 cap being the most aggressive ive seen. CTF died a long time ago, so few people do it. No one is taking shots at Will. They are just calling it how they see it. That being restoration having the most experience in team play then nearly anyone in the endgame player base at this point in time. A few OG people will be entering the tourney, but not in the sheer numbers old players used to come. Such as Shiloo, Angeldawn, Cloak, Kanital, Allen and some other OG players from Family, Apex and Prevail, Maybe even some others that are in restoration and still remain inactive. The majority of players at endgame PvP are so used to playing in 1v1 fights and not team play. This once again, puts those players at a disadvantage.

This is another reason why i will be hosting a 5 class 1v1 tourney. Putting each class vs itself. Rules will be coming today.

Jilsponie
05-23-2018, 08:30 AM
Agreed and agreed... while i don't agree a 5v5 tournament will ever have a "level playing field" due to the extreme skill gap in players...

As you just said ,when you went against a large group of more experience players you lost bad at first, and that's how you got good. 5 people is alot of people to put on a team, I'm not seeing it feasible for a majority of the community to even practice a 5v5 situation. And learning in a tournament environment isn't exactly ideal.

As far as trophies for losers, alot of people think things like this are the cause for entitlement we see among the yourger generation. And really think it sets a bad example of "if you can't make it in life someone will take care of you"

XghostzX
05-23-2018, 03:52 PM
Once again, you seem to be forgetting the fact that nearly all of pvps player base at this point in time, are 1v1 players that have done nothing but fight solo. Some will do FFA with 3v3 squads and some have also been involved in guild wars back at 76/77 cap being the most aggressive ive seen. CTF died a long time ago, so few people do it. No one is taking shots at Will. They are just calling it how they see it. That being restoration having the most experience in team play then nearly anyone in the endgame player base at this point in time. A few OG people will be entering the tourney, but not in the sheer numbers old players used to come. Such as Shiloo, Angeldawn, Cloak, Kanital, Allen and some other OG players from Family, Apex and Prevail, Maybe even some others that are in restoration and still remain inactive. The majority of players at endgame PvP are so used to playing in 1v1 fights and not team play. This once again, puts those players at a disadvantage.

This is another reason why i will be hosting a 5 class 1v1 tourney. Putting each class vs itself. Rules will be coming today.

That's the reason we're hosting this tournament – BECAUSE everyone 1v1's. I understand that it may not be 'fair' on the surface for many players, but I am going to deviate away from the norm on this one to bring something a little more fresh. Good luck with your 1v1 tournaments! I am happy to participate.

Some current thoughts on fox and rhino incorporation:

I have neglected foxes and rhinos for every one of my team tournaments. And I understand that there are some players here and there that do only main one of these two classes.

I am going to make a proposal, and would love your guys' feedback. I have no problem with rhinos and foxes joining, under some circumstances though. As previously mentioned, they would not be able to touch the flag at all. The only time I would say it is acceptable for foxes/rhinos to carry the flag was if their teammate dropped it, and the flag had to be saved. But any indicator that the fox/rhino was dashing or charging, it would be a DQ.

Should a team want to incorporate a fox, then they must substitute the fox in for one of the bird slots. Should a team want to incorporate a rhino, then they must substitute the rhino in for one of the mage slots.

The plan is to use class-specific gear except for rhinos. I don't really have issues with foxes since they're not exactly OP, but I am concerned that a rhino coinciding with a mage and a bear is virtually indestructible. I have tested this, and skilled teams can 'exploit' this set up fairly easy. I don't want to eliminate the strategy that actually involves defeating the opponents in small-sided battles on the side channels of the map, as opposed to just tanking your way down and not having to worry about re-spawning in your base.

Hence, I propose that rhinos can wear any of the sets except for the STR set. This would, I think, resolve the problem I said above.

Thoughts?

Congeniality
05-23-2018, 05:51 PM
That's the reason we're hosting this tournament – BECAUSE everyone 1v1's. I understand that it may not be 'fair' on the surface for many players, but I am going to deviate away from the norm on this one to bring something a little more fresh. Good luck with your 1v1 tournaments! I am happy to participate.

I have neglected foxes and rhinos for every one of my team tournaments. And I understand that there are some players here and there that do only main one of these two classes.

I am going to make a proposal, and would love your guys' feedback. I have no problem with rhinos and foxes joining, under some circumstances though. As previously mentioned, they would not be able to touch the flag at all. The only time I would say it is acceptable for foxes/rhinos to carry the flag was if their teammate dropped it, and the flag had to be saved. But any indicator that the fox/rhino was dashing or charging, it would be a DQ.

Should a team want to incorporate a fox, then they must substitute the fox in for one of the bird slots. Should a team want to incorporate a rhino, then they must substitute the rhino in for one of the mage slots.

The plan is to use class-specific gear except for rhinos. I don't really have issues with foxes since they're not exactly OP, but I am concerned that a rhino coinciding with a mage and a bear is virtually indestructible. I have tested this, and skilled teams can 'exploit' this set up fairly easy. I don't want to eliminate the strategy that actually involves defeating the opponents in small-sided battles on the side channels of the map, as opposed to just tanking your way down and not having to worry about re-spawning in your base.

Hence, I propose that rhinos can wear any of the sets except for the STR set. This would, I think, resolve the problem I said above.

Thoughts?

I would vote against these flag terms as a team could accuse a fox / rhino of running when they didn't. It isn't beyond possibility that a team would create controversy over that and generally just be jerks.

I like the no str set Rhinos.

I like the any set foxes (I'm totally not biased) :P!

As a side note, why not just have all classes acceptable, and just have each team have a runner if they so choose? I think that when both teams have a runner for ctf, it would one, be fair, and two create a new dimension to the game. Quite frankly, I as a fox main for the past several years constantly get frustrated when people think that running the flag is an easy endeavor. It in no way is the case. In order to run the flag correctly, a constant awareness of enemy spacing and crowd control is needed.

I know that many of the people currently committed to the tournament hate flag running with a passion (to the point where I get raging pms at the end of ctf games), but if they too had a runner, would it be so bad?

Let me know your thoughts,
Walie <3

Absolize
05-23-2018, 10:49 PM

Thoughts?

I indeed love the idea Ghost, but the only problem is, me as an STR rhino, I currently can’t afford another set

Absolize
05-23-2018, 10:52 PM
And also I’m use to being a tanky support type player in teamplay, so it would have to be a big change for me

Absolize
05-23-2018, 10:55 PM
I am down with the idea though I’m just going to have to buy another set so let me know if you’re 100% offical, and if you are, I’ll work on selling my STR and going for a new play style :)

bglir
05-24-2018, 05:00 AM
I Think cinco should revamp ctf and PvP, i mean, include it in event to make it more alive and gain interest to new Players, i think ctf and PVP map cinco should make it during Halloween, Easter, Christmas where Players goal was to fight there way to earn and win special vanity, the ctf and pvp map depends on cinco resources to make it fun, like instant speed orb, invisible mode for few sec orb, tank orb, or anything crazy, make it Profitable too like Players can buy for a fee of small plat can have extra special effects during event, This way People won't be boring of just farming, they can have fun too and learn PVP, with this we could attract more people to Pocket Legends, what People want is something fun beside farming.

This way we have more new Players in ctf and PvP, who knows this new group of players can be the next new Top Fighter and even give a greater challenge to old Players.

XghostzX
05-24-2018, 08:38 AM
@Hook,

I think I’m going to stick with the current idea for Rhinos. I know it’s frustrating, but as I’ve mentioned to you, I’m really trying to appeal to as many players as possible. Letting Rhinos use STR sets would significantly decrease the strategy involved, I do believe. There will be plenty of tournaments in the future where str rhinos will be able to participate (but hopefully they can be a bit more balanced).

Foxes and Rhinos will NOT be able to touch the flag at all. Lots of people have complained to me that if they have any opportunity to get the flag, something will be exploited, and I don’t want to cause any controversy.

When I make the actual tournament thread, this will all be articulated very clearly. Looking to open up registration at the beginning of June, and I anticipate teams would fill up by early-mid June.

Absolize
05-24-2018, 03:54 PM
@Hook,

I think I’m going to stick with the current idea for Rhinos. I know it’s frustrating, but as I’ve mentioned to you, I’m really trying to appeal to as many players as possible. Letting Rhinos use STR sets would significantly decrease the strategy involved, I do believe. There will be plenty of tournaments in the future where str rhinos will be able to participate (but hopefully they can be a bit more balanced).

Foxes and Rhinos will NOT be able to touch the flag at all. Lots of people have complained to me that if they have any opportunity to get the flag, something will be exploited, and I don’t want to cause any controversy.

When I make the actual tournament thread, this will all be articulated very clearly. Looking to open up registration at the beginning of June, and I anticipate teams would fill up by early-mid June.

Gonna have to respectfully disagree on STR rhino being an easy choice for team play, half of the people complaining never used rhino before and do not understand how hard it is to use in team play in general. And also, didn’t you say I can’t touch the flag at base, but I might have to save it if my teammate dies, I think that is the balanced way, and you should go with that rule so I’m not completely tied down. I believe in playing ctf the classic way, and will not try to exploit any of your rules, i just feel like it would be physically impossible to win if I can’t even SAVE the flag... yes I’m okay with the rule where I can’t grab the flag at base, but I think I should be able to save it.

Let me know and I appreciate your understanding and giving me this chance :)

XghostzX
05-24-2018, 07:22 PM
I tested it out a bit today. I'm going to have to disagree and say that a STR rhino + bear + mage combo is overwhelming, and fairly impossible to penetrate. It's an endless cycle of revives -- the rhino is a secondary tank and can attack whenever there is an opening (i.e. when talon proc isn't up).

We tested then with dex and ints sets on the rhino. They're actually quite solid for killing and providing support, also solid tankers -- but they are by far more balanced in terms of team play for a CTF tournament.

I'm going to stand by what I originally said. I know it is frustrating and I really do wish Rhinos and Foxes could fit into CTF a little better, but I really want to ensure that everyone enjoys playing the CTF matches. I really foresee people complaining about the Rhino/bear/mage combo as mentioned above.

Absolize
05-24-2018, 09:41 PM
I tested it out a bit today. I'm going to have to disagree and say that a STR rhino + bear + mage combo is overwhelming, and fairly impossible to penetrate. It's an endless cycle of revives -- the rhino is a secondary tank and can attack whenever there is an opening (i.e. when talon proc isn't up).

We tested then with dex and ints sets on the rhino. They're actually quite solid for killing and providing support, also solid tankers -- but they are by far more balanced in terms of team play for a CTF tournament.

I'm going to stand by what I originally said. I know it is frustrating and I really do wish Rhinos and Foxes could fit into CTF a little better, but I really want to ensure that everyone enjoys playing the CTF matches. I really foresee people complaining about the Rhino/bear/mage combo as mentioned above.

Okay yes I understand I can’t use STR sets, but what about being able to recover the flag? Not carrying it from base but if a teammate dies, pick it up and finish the job?

Trenton
05-24-2018, 09:50 PM
Okay yes I understand I can’t use STR sets, but what about being able to recover the flag? Not carrying it from base but if a teammate dies, pick it up and finish the job?Pretty sure he's saying no rhino/fox at all

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

XghostzX
05-24-2018, 11:12 PM
Okay yes I understand I can’t use STR sets, but what about being able to recover the flag? Not carrying it from base but if a teammate dies, pick it up and finish the job?

Yes, you’ll be able to recover the flags.

@trenton — they will be allowed

Absolize
05-24-2018, 11:24 PM
Yes, you’ll be able to recover the flags.

@trenton — they will be allowed

Great news! Thank you so much :)