View Full Version : Friends list - massive cleanup

doomdoomdoom
05-14-2018, 04:02 PM
A friend of mine pointed out that his friends list dropped from 5k or so to about 600 people. I checked mine and saw that as well. Was there some sort of massive cleanup that removed anyone who hasn’t logged in for some amount of time from our friends list? Did guilds suddenly loose inactive members too?

Annin
05-15-2018, 03:51 PM
A friend of mine pointed out that his friends list dropped from 5k or so to about 600 people. I checked mine and saw that as well. Was there some sort of massive cleanup that removed anyone who hasn’t logged in for some amount of time from our friends list? Did guilds suddenly loose inactive members too?I noticed this too with my friends list from 2000+ to 560
Maybe they plan on freeing up inactive names for players

doomdoomdoom
05-16-2018, 11:06 PM
It looks like the friends that were removed still exist (I can send a new friend request with no error returned.). So the characters don’t seem to have been deleted yet.

Nohealth
05-17-2018, 02:37 AM
I'm not playing the game so sorry if I might be wrong but they use same system in Arcane Legends. Friends that aren't active x amount of time, will be vanished from everyone's friendlist and ignore list. I think it's something around 10-12 months in AL. Not sure how it works there. Hope Cinco will answer the thread/correct me :)

Cinco
05-17-2018, 08:30 AM
Yes. Players that have been inactive for six months or more are removed from the list. This saves us from having to load character data for inactive players. The players may still 'exist,' but they have not played the game in a very long while ;-)

Tinkerbelldoll
05-17-2018, 01:33 PM
Yes. Players that have been inactive for six months or more are removed from the list. This saves us from having to load character data for inactive players. The players may still 'exist,' but they have not played the game in a very long while ;-)

Sooo will we be able to use those inactive usernames like Arcane Legends ?

Annin
05-17-2018, 01:40 PM
Can we take inactive usernames from players who haven't logged on in say 2 or more years? Also you could have us bid on them

even on names from banned characters?

Nohealth
05-17-2018, 03:19 PM
Sooo will we be able to use those inactive usernames like Arcane Legends ?Oh no, characters don't get deleted. Just their friend-ignore list data base. They can still log anytime and continue playing (I was one of these long break players xD)

Cinco
05-17-2018, 03:26 PM
Indeed... we won't be gobbling up the lapsed players' remains just yet ;-)

3pc
05-17-2018, 05:07 PM
Indeed... we won't be gobbling up the lapsed players' remains just yet ;-)

Do they also get removed from guilds and leaderboards?

Annin
05-17-2018, 05:40 PM
Don't think so

doomdoomdoom
05-17-2018, 08:33 PM

Removing inactives from guilds might improve lag also. When SC had thousands of members, we had some people leave due to the lag.

But I don’t think removing inactives from the leaderboard would improve load times.