PDA

View Full Version : 2018-05-16 Content Update (252662)

TzatOps
05-16-2018, 01:56 PM
+ Mage Cave legendary and elite bows get their range back.
+ Slight increase to the proc rate for Mage Cave elite bow.
+ Fixed an issue with the White Dragon set conflicting with other item set bonuses.
+ Rings and Amulets can be bought and sold at the Consignment Shoppe.

Draebatad
05-16-2018, 01:58 PM
Awesome! Thanks.

Jensmage
05-16-2018, 02:02 PM
I don’t understand why players complain and have sts toggle between remove and reinstating the proc or altering it. So annoying. Why not have PVP as is for few weeks and then updating it. It’s so not balanced now.

XghostzX
05-16-2018, 02:15 PM
I don’t understand why players complain and have sts toggle between remove and reinstating the proc or altering it. So annoying. Why not have PVP as is for few weeks and then updating it. It’s so not balanced now.

Cinco is doing an AWESOME job all by himself. If you look in the general discussion threads, he’s doing exactly what we would all want him to do — actually listening to us and being receptive of ideas.

We all know PvP isn’t perfect now but we’re all going to slowly help out Cinco fix little things here and there. Be patient, he’s been a trooper one-manning the development of PL.

3pc
05-16-2018, 02:24 PM
Thank you so much for listening really means a lot to be heard by the community

Jensmage
05-16-2018, 02:26 PM
Cinco is doing an AWESOME job all by himself. If you look in the general discussion threads, he’s doing exactly what we would all want him to do — actually listening to us and being receptive of ideas.

We all know PvP isn’t perfect now but we’re all going to slowly help out Cinco fix little things here and there. Be patient, he’s been a trooper one-manning the development of PL.

Cinco is doing a great job that we know.

What the players are requesting a few times without studying how pvp is wasting PL resources. The request to update pvp is not based on studying how PvP but is based on players raging and complaining. Updates shouldn’t occur until a few weeks of information has been gathered.

XghostzX
05-16-2018, 02:45 PM
Cinco is doing a great job that we know.

What the players are requesting a few times without studying how pvp is wasting PL resources. The request to update pvp is not based on studying how PvP but is based on players raging and complaining. Updates shouldn’t occur until a few weeks of information has been gathered.

I wouldn’t say raging, but I do agree that players are being very hasty when it comes to providing constructive feedback.

YunNuke
05-16-2018, 03:15 PM
I don’t understand why players complain and have sts toggle between remove and reinstating the proc or altering it. So annoying. Why not have PVP as is for few weeks and then updating it. It’s so not balanced now.I agree with you Jen it's unfair now I saw someone activate the bows proc and the person he was fighting had no chance of hitting him it's really unbalance idk why they increased the range,the bow is already op atm so idk why they would increase the procs range this is bs.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

3pc
05-16-2018, 03:18 PM
I agree with you Jen it's unfair now I saw someone activate the bows proc and the person he was fighting had no chance of hitting him it's really unbalance idk why they increased the range,the bow is already op atm so idk why they would increase the procs range this is bs.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Mage is still almost impossible to kill lol

Jensmage
05-16-2018, 03:28 PM
L105 sets have made team PVP fun for all. Most or 100% of the players have said that the PVP team is fun and addicting and that is including me. That will bring players to L105 and have some returning players.

Its difficault to tune PVP 1v1 at L105. With and without enchants it is difficult. I believe that before update PVP L105, the classes were balanced. Players complain because they lost with full enchant char while they just started L105 PVP. They don't realize that they are battling against someone that is fully enchanted. Enchant does make a difference when a player isn't completely enchanted vs a player with decent enchant. Close to max and average enchant won't make a big difference. With 3 slots makes it extremely difficult for plat to reach max and gold can get close. With gold or plat, any player can be good....just like me. :P

Xyzther
05-16-2018, 04:00 PM
Do you hear Yanny or Laurel?

Dolloway
05-16-2018, 05:08 PM
Bow was decent in pvp before these two buffs even happened. I could see an argument being made for higher skill damage, but I'm not sure why the proc rate was also increased. The weapon definitely needs a nerf now... Something along the lines of:
1) Getting rid of the aoe from the bow so it doesn't hit 2-3 people at once
2) Decreasing the fire pool radius
3) Decreasing the proc rate

Choose any two of those nerfs and bow would probably be a lot more balanced than it is now. I don't think it needed a double buff in a single day (and indirect buffs from all the other nerfs to other weapons), especially when it was already a decent weapon to begin with.

Jilsponie
05-16-2018, 05:42 PM
The speed proc was really the only thing the wand had going for it... every class has skills to remove us from the healing pool, and mage is a ranged class so standing still isn't a good idea anyway.

Extremely disappointed i spent almost 800 platinum farming for it, and now it's pretty much useless and i haven't even finished my set to really try it out.

Perhaps instead of a pool on the ground, it could be a shield similar to the talon proc, but with the regen buffs instead of armor and dodge.

I see 85 cap coming all over again with everyone in dex sets.

But on the other hand, CS is looking pretty flashy :)

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Mine AGK
05-16-2018, 07:13 PM
The speed proc was really the only thing the wand had going for it... every class has skills to remove us from the healing pool, and mage is a ranged class so standing still isn't a good idea anyway.

Extremely disappointed i spent almost 800 platinum farming for it, and now it's pretty much useless and i haven't even finished my set to really try it out.

Perhaps instead of a pool on the ground, it could be a shield similar to the talon proc, but with the regen buffs instead of armor and dodge.

I see 85 cap coming all over again with everyone in dex sets.

But on the other hand, CS is looking pretty flashy :)

Speed really isnt needed. It causes too much fluctuation in ranges when we acquire it. Its just like when the samhain ring allowed speed in pvp. Although an upside to the speed was that people could just run away all the time.

As far as the bow goes. The bow needs a nerf again because it was perfectly fine where it was. The proc spawn rate was fine where it was. Now we have the proc (which mage cant heal out/in. Mage cant gain any mana in, AND deals damage)
The proc pool needs to be reduced in size, especially before the tourney. Its too large considering the problems we have with it now. In all honsety, it should only effect its target. It shouldnt be a pool on the ground, but a singular target should be effected for 3-5 sec the proc is active.

Mine AGK
05-16-2018, 07:18 PM
Bow was decent in pvp before these two buffs even happened. I could see an argument being made for higher skill damage, but I'm not sure why the proc rate was also increased. The weapon definitely needs a nerf now... Something along the lines of:
1) Getting rid of the aoe from the bow so it doesn't hit 2-3 people at once
2) Decreasing the fire pool radius
3) Decreasing the proc rate

Choose any two of those nerfs and bow would probably be a lot more balanced than it is now. I don't think it needed a double buff in a single day (and indirect buffs from all the other nerfs to other weapons), especially when it was already a decent weapon to begin with.

Reduction back to pre buff spawn rate because ive been hit 3, sometimes 4 in a row by the bow proc. It either needs a cooldown (obviously a little lower then talon) or pre buff spawn rate. The mage proc now is utterly useless with the 8 sec proc spawn rate for everyone. Mage proc should be 6 sec and bow should be 6 sec. The talon should be 8 still and the dagger/axe/sword should go back to pre nerf.

Buchmeister
05-16-2018, 07:30 PM
So instead of lowering the rate... you increase it?

What?

Mine AGK
05-16-2018, 07:46 PM
Lol i got into 4 games of pvp. EVERY SINGLE PERSON WAS BOW. LOL gg sts.

XghostzX
05-16-2018, 09:18 PM
Do you hear Yanny or Laurel?

I heard Yanny the first five or six times, then was more inclined to hear Laurel.
You?

Xyzther
05-16-2018, 11:29 PM
I heard Yanny the first five or six times, then was more inclined to hear Laurel.
You?

Purely Laurel at first. Later on I watched a video with a guy toying with the pitch of the voice, and now I can actually alter which one I hear on command. Pretty weird.

SuperGotenks
05-17-2018, 12:09 AM
Purely Laurel at first. Later on I watched a video with a guy toying with the pitch of the voice, and now I can actually alter which one I hear on command. Pretty weird.

It's definitely Laurel.

XghostzX
05-17-2018, 01:21 AM

Yep, I can as well. It’s wildly cool how ee’re able to do that with a little practice.

mezem
05-17-2018, 05:15 AM
but did it feel good tho?

Nipunsky
05-17-2018, 05:25 AM
Do you hear Yanny or Laurel?I can hear whatever i want to lul. Low pitch = laurel, high pitch = yanny for my ears :3

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

3pc
05-17-2018, 06:52 AM
Id say PvP is more on the balanced side now but bear might need a slight buff in armor close range they can destroy but its really hard for them long distanced with all the dodge and procs

Jilsponie
05-17-2018, 08:31 AM
I just watched nubs pawning pros because they have bows... that's not balanced at all...

Looking like another Dex cap for sure, mages that couldn't beat me in my 100 int set while wearing fully enchanted 105 sets have these stats with talon proc... 100 dodge buff and 1k armor is way too much.

Before anyone disagrees with that because of who i am, think about ME with THESE stats...
Id say PvP is more on the balanced side now but bear might need a slight buff in armor close range they can destroy but its really hard for them long distanced with all the dodge and procshttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180517/613a21661ee38d4ffe3186a7a8a8bbb7.jpg

Cinco
05-17-2018, 08:58 AM
[BOW]
Reducing the area of effect for the bow proc sounds reasonable. I think it should be ~50% smaller.
Ability range should remain at 13 but the proc rate should be dropped back down to where it was last week.

[WAND]
Speed buff should return but at a lower amount (instead of +60% speed, add +30% speed).

Discuss.

Dolloway
05-17-2018, 09:16 AM
I just watched nubs pawning pros because they have bows... that's not balanced at all...

Looking like another Dex cap for sure, mages that couldn't beat me in my 100 int set while wearing fully enchanted 105 sets have these stats with talon proc... 100 dodge buff and 1k armor is way too much.

Before anyone disagrees with that because of who i am, think about ME with THESE stats...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180517/613a21661ee38d4ffe3186a7a8a8bbb7.jpg

Yes, the Talon set is very tanky but doesn't do a lot of damage which is why wand mages are superior. They also have weaknesses such as less mana, lower hit %, etc. when using the set on a mage. Try out the set for yourself and you'll see. Initially, my guildies and I said "wow, the Talon proc sure seems op," but then tested it out for ourselves and were underwhelmed. It's only really useful on a bird and the damage is still low. Before bows were released, birds complained about not putting out enough dmg. Now that bows have been released, there are a lot less complaints about the Talon set. You either go for tankiness or more dmg output, depending on which set you choose.

Dolloway
05-17-2018, 09:21 AM
[BOW]
Reducing the area of effect for the bow proc sounds reasonable. I think it should be ~50% smaller.
Ability range should remain at 13 but the proc rate should be dropped back down to where it was last week.

[WAND]
Speed buff should return but at a lower amount (instead of +60% speed, add +30% speed).

Discuss.

Agreed on the bow nerfs. I main bird and even I can admit that bow needs a nerf. The proc rate is out of hand.

Not sure about the wand buff. I personally believe that the wand set is one of the strongest sets in the game right now even without the speed. The speed is just unnecessary and awkward. The speed makes it harder to kite in mage vs mage battles, as well as other class battles. Additionally, the speed ruins a major aspect of ctf. As far as buffs go, I would say we need to buff staff, 2h sword, dagger, and tyben's sword before focusing on any other buffs. The other weapons (bow, wand, Talon, axe) are feeling the love currently while these weapons aren't feeling as much love.

We appreciate your quick replies and updates, Cinco. Pvp has been fun thus far this cap. We just need to make some adjustments.

3pc
05-17-2018, 11:02 AM
Yep i agree bow is too op i can own people even as a dex bear using bow. The Tyben str gear will need some added dmg or something because bear is the worst atm. Speed on wand i dont think really needs to be added that is just a unnecessary advantage. It's so hard to play talon bird because once we proc we dont land enough dmg and the other player still lives, and if the other player is a bird then he procs and trys to kill but it takes overall around 3 procs both ways to kill evenly(Unless someone procs more then the other).

Muzzling
05-17-2018, 11:33 AM
Yep i agree bow is too op i can own people even as a dex bear using bow. The Tyben str gear will need some added dmg or something because bear is the worst atm. Speed on wand i dont think really needs to be added that is just a unnecessary advantage. It's so hard to play talon bird because once we proc we dont land enough dmg and the other player still lives, and if the other player is a bird then he procs and trys to kill but it takes overall around 3 procs both ways to kill evenly(Unless someone procs more then the other).

I wouldnt add dmg to str set premature decisions like these will make pally rule 105, find another way to make bear playable again by using skill dmg or something but buffing the set itself has big set backs in pvp, bear is good in team play but it 1v1 it struggles to get the job done, honestly i think that the axe set or sword set have enough dmg to them because if u fight a pally you notice they do ridiculous damage up close for a str mage. I dont really play bear so idk what can fix the problem they are having but i dont think a set buff is the way to go.

SuperGotenks
05-17-2018, 12:23 PM
[BOW]

[WAND]

Discuss.

I think the proc rate for the bow should be reduced, but not down to an extent of where it was last week when it barely procced. Again, as sad as it is, the bow and many other sets are heavily proc reliant, determining who wins a fight. An alternative to this could be strongly nerfing procs and boosting skill damage (by a lot) for all classes. Additionally, the bow set has really low armor, so it can be nuked quite easily.

On a side note, I’d like to discuss what changes can be done to fix the bear class. In team fights, bears excel and are essential to winning PvP games. However, an issue arises when fighting 1v1. For instance, bears do seem to have a variety of measures to keep their target grounded, but it seems as if they dont hit hard enough within that stun window, inevitably allowing them to get nuked down. In addition, coupled with the bear class, the Tyben sword’s proc is utterly useless. This is a good opportunity to buff the sword, which will lead to bears utilizing it more often (as was the initial intention). Furthermore, in addition to randomly spawning pools and execute proc, the sword should have an armor break effect, allowing for bears to have the “crushed” combo, and should also have an increase in damage. A lifesteal aspect that the dagger has could also be implented to increase survivability.

Cinco
05-17-2018, 01:21 PM
I think the proc rate for the bow should be reduced, but not down to an extent of where it was last week when it barely procced. Again, as sad as it is, the bow and many other sets are heavily proc reliant, determining who wins a fight. An alternative to this could be strongly nerfing procs and boosting skill damage (by a lot) for all classes. Additionally, the bow set has really low armor, so it can be nuked quite easily.

On a side note, I’d like to discuss what changes can be done to fix the bear class. In team fights, bears excel and are essential to winning PvP games. However, an issue arises when fighting 1v1. For instance, bears do seem to have a variety of measures to keep their target grounded, but it seems as if they dont hit hard enough within that stun window, inevitably allowing them to get nuked down. In addition, coupled with the bear class, the Tyben sword’s proc is utterly useless. This is a good opportunity to buff the sword, which will lead to bears utilizing it more often (as was the initial intention). Furthermore, in addition to randomly spawning pools and execute proc, the sword should have an armor break effect, allowing for bears to have the “crushed” combo, and should also have an increase in damage. A lifesteal aspect that the dagger has could also be implented to increase survivability.

Team fights are the only reasonable focus. With the number of levels, skills, equipment varieties and enchantments, 1v1 is an untenable matrix for one Designer. Sorry to say.

Hjable
05-17-2018, 01:48 PM
Hi, sorry this might be off topic but does “1v1 is an untenable matrix for one Designer. Sorry to say mean that cinco” mean cinco brought us white dragon and all updates alone because if he did I have to give him 2 thumbs up. I praise him when we get something good and rant when something broken and that’s not verry fair. thanks a lot for everything cinco

Draebatad
05-17-2018, 01:54 PM
Team fights are the only reasonable focus. With the number of levels, skills, equipment varieties and enchantments, 1v1 is an untenable matrix for one Designer. Sorry to say.

That's unfortunate. :/

Cinco
05-17-2018, 01:58 PM
Hi, sorry this might be off topic but does “1v1 is an untenable matrix for one Designer. Sorry to say mean that cinco” mean cinco brought us white dragon and all updates alone because if he did I have to give him 2 thumbs up. I praise him when we get something good and rant when something broken and that’s not verry fair. thanks a lot for everything cinco

You're quite welcome ;-)

Buchmeister
05-17-2018, 02:06 PM

Soooooooooooomebody wants to do away with 1v1s so he doesn't have to lose ;););)

XghostzX
05-17-2018, 02:09 PM

This.

I would MUCH rather emphasize the team play. 1v1 is certainly not the most balanced, but team play has been quite fun.

@Cinco, in response to the procs you just asked about – I agree with the tweaks you proposed for the bow. I disagree, however, that a speed bonus return for the wand proc. I have been able to play a lot of capture the flag and FFA games, and the speed just makes it awkward and annoyingly unpredictable, only eliminating the strategic element.

3pc
05-17-2018, 02:55 PM

Maybe its just best to remove procs in all from PvP?

Draebatad
05-17-2018, 03:34 PM
Maybe its just best to remove procs in all from PvP?

Seems a little extreme. Give the devs a chance to make them work to the approval of the majority first?

Regardless of the above statement by Cinco, I will remain optimistic that eventually there will also be satisfaction for both team and 1v1 fights during the 105 cap.

Hjable
05-17-2018, 06:21 PM
Keep procs much it add more strategy to pvp. Was kind of boring having to pvp with bow or wand on every class. Kite and auto attack zzz. Now it’s like kite proc maybe a root effect to set up a team combo