PDA

View Full Version : Tybens sword proc buff?

plpr
05-17-2018, 01:28 AM
First off I want to say I am enchanted with ok enchants.
And I also want to make this clear I don't necessarily think mage needs nerfed or bear needs buffed I think tybens sword needs to be like hawkens talon and eloias wand and have direct impact on the fight. The way it is now you would have to get the opposition against the wall and get lucky one spawns on top of them.
That being said hope you enjoy this silly video example I made getting owned. I thought I played decent ;(.

https://youtu.be/K7deb9gKllw

Draebatad
05-17-2018, 03:19 AM
The sword is fairly useless right now, from what I've heard.

Cinco
05-17-2018, 09:14 AM
If Tyben's sword applied a snare effect to its target, that would keep them closer to the range of the pools when they proc.
That way you wouldn't have to rely on being a pro with 'Beckon' to capitalize on the effect ;-)

Thoughts?

Mine AGK
05-17-2018, 10:00 AM
If Tyben's sword applied a snare effect to its target, that would keep them closer to the range of the pools when they proc.
That way you wouldn't have to rely on being a pro with 'Beckon' to capitalize on the effect ;-)

Thoughts?

Maybe, but still, thats just gonna require no skill as the bow is currently sitting now. Once it procs, an enemy may stand no chance because of the stun/"snare" spaming of the sword.

You can try and see if that will help, but in all honesty, i think bears need an armor buff. It seems to take ALOT of damage from mages and the armor it currently has, doesnt negate damage as much as it does in previous caps.

Cinco
05-17-2018, 10:05 AM
Once it procs, an enemy may stand no chance because of the stun/"snare" spaming of the sword.

The target should be able to heal out of the snare effect.

Waug
05-17-2018, 10:37 AM
Well I don't wanna provide any feedback :p

But from the basics, bear's are well known for it's stun already, they have many skills to stun and pin enemy so that they don't excape. I'm sure OG is a good bear but IDK why he always played like a scatter bear, which only good in a team where it's necessary to scatter and separate opponent team.

But again apart from all these, bear are INDEED weak need little buff in form of armor, because they lack the extra dodge they meant to have that they don't have due to dodge cap BUT that MUSTN'T be done in form of STR set buff, because other classes are there to mis-use it :)

Cinco
05-17-2018, 10:43 AM
Well I don't wanna provide any feedback :p

But from the basics, bear's are well known for it's stun already, they have many skills to stun and pin enemy so that they don't excape. I'm sure OG is a good bear but IDK why he always played like a scatter bear, which only good in a team where it's necessary to scatter and separate opponent team.

But again apart from all these, bear are INDEED weak need some buff in form of armor, because they lack the extra dodge they meant to have but they don't due to dodge cap BUT that MUSTN'T be done in form of STR set buff, because other classes are there to mis-use it :)

So your feedback is - leave the sword alone 'cause the Warrior has enough tools to maneuver / stun their targets to take advantage of the proc.
Instead, focus on giving Warriors a buff to armor / resistance on an innate, class-restricted basis (not via items that can be used by other classes).

Waug
05-17-2018, 10:51 AM
So your feedback is - leave the sword alone 'cause the Warrior has enough tools to maneuver / stun their targets to take advantage of the proc.
Instead, focus on giving Warriors a buff to armor / resistance on an innate, class-restricted basis (not via items that can be used by other classes).

Yep exactly in form of buffing "iron blood" skill but really not much :) otherwise it's like again bear nuking other classes without talking any damage or any other "innate" way you can think of without effecting much on twink levels.

3pc
05-17-2018, 11:06 AM

I feel that we need to buff bear but not slightly so much that a pally mage can use str set and just own all if you get what im saying

plpr
05-17-2018, 11:14 AM

Absolutely. I think the sword being only melee range it should give a snare effect while bear is well know for stunning its target i think my video showed pretty well the stun alone is not enough the debuff part of the stun is what made it so good but -70 hit and -70 attack does nothing vs the current stats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hjable
05-17-2018, 12:37 PM
I think add the 5 h/s and - 5 h/s maybe a slowing effect they can heal out of and add aoe damage to pve monsters. Yeah bud bear cause I agree if you buff the weapon and armor to much mage rhino would take advantage of that. I was fighting a bird with the tybean set and he didn’t even have to kite to kill me on bear. Just like on the video

Mine AGK
05-17-2018, 01:15 PM

Okay, so if we can heal out of that proc, why am i not eligable to heal out of the broken bow proc?

Draebatad
05-17-2018, 01:17 PM
Yep exactly in form of buffing "iron blood" skill but really not much :)

If I remember correctly, iron blood 9 and 10 are the same. Need to reset skills to verify but that's what I remember.

Cinco
05-17-2018, 01:19 PM
Okay, so if we can heal out of that proc, why am i not eligable to heal out of the broken bow proc?

Because life isn't fair.

Draebatad
05-17-2018, 01:22 PM
Because life isn't fair.

The gods of Alterra have the power to make life fair in this realm. It's up to them to use their powers wisely and fairly for the benefit of their people. :)

Cinco
05-17-2018, 01:22 PM
The gods of Alterra have the power to make life fair in this realm. It's up to them to use their powers wisely and fairly for the benefit of their people. :)

Your god is a crazy god.

Your god is an angry god.

Cinco
05-17-2018, 01:25 PM
Yep exactly in form of buffing "iron blood" skill but really not much :) otherwise it's like again bear nuking other classes without talking any damage or any other "innate" way you can think of without effecting much on twink levels.

This seems reasonable. However, I'd note that it's not possible to leave twink levels *totally* unaffected when the game allows point respec at all levels.

Draebatad
05-17-2018, 01:28 PM
Your god is a crazy god.

Your god is an angry god.

ROFL. That's a classic cinco response right there.

Congeniality
05-17-2018, 01:34 PM

Thoughts?

Extremely effective but easily exploitable if the proc is too often activated (as with any proc to be honest).

Cinco
05-17-2018, 01:39 PM
Extremely effective but easily exploitable if the proc is too often activated (as with any proc to be honest).

Indeed. I'm not yet committed to adding anything more to the sword - awaiting more consensus.
IMO the Warrior has significant crowd-control abilities without a stun / hamstring proc additions.

plpr
05-17-2018, 01:40 PM
Indeed. I'm not yet committed to adding anything more to the sword - awaiting more consensus.
IMO the Warrior has significant crowd-control abilities without a stun / hamstring proc additions.
I share the same opinion.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Hjable
05-18-2018, 12:05 AM
Has any one figure out how much damage the sword proc does if someone is standing on just one flam. And if there standing in 2 flames is the damage doubled. I think I was doing 68 damage on a bear with 105 str set standing in fire proc but hard to tell no one wanna stay still while I test on them

mezem
05-18-2018, 12:55 AM
Has any one figure out how much damage the sword proc does if someone is standing on just one flam. And if there standing in 2 flames is the damage doubled. I think I was doing 68 damage on a bear with 105 str set standing in fire proc but hard to tell knkwnone wanna stay still while I test on them

its on range of 60-70. somethings needs to be done to bears, they dont tank anything. and kiting kills any bear.