PDA

View Full Version : why is sand stone caves so hard

Allfourkillz
11-11-2011, 07:53 PM
The recommended lvl is in 20's. Im 37 and I cudnt beat magnetic golem. I had to wait for a lvl 57 and 51 to clear it.

JaytB
11-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Uhmm, we clear it just fine with a bunch of 21 twinks. But yeah, it possibly could be kind of hard if you try soloing it. And, it is an elite campaign, so it's kind of supposed to be hard for that level :)

Ayc2000
11-11-2011, 07:56 PM
It is hard to solo or do with only one other person, and you have to know how to avoid his one hit KO too. find a good group of that level people i guess.

WhoIsThis
11-11-2011, 07:59 PM
It along with Frozen Nightmares and the Shadow Caves are intended to be elite levels for their respective levels.

mattkamp
11-11-2011, 08:04 PM
If it was easy it would be no fun. It might be a matter of learning how to beat it. My 21 can solo that lvl and potted I can do it in minutes.

Gaunab
11-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Also, the bosses require tactics or some knowledge to be beaten.
For the magnetic golem: When you see his aura appearing there will be pillars with red orbs and one blue orb. Hide behind the pillar with the blue orb, or you are instantly dead, regardless of Lvl, armor or hp

mattkamp
11-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Right. Let's count the first pillar u see as 1 and go clockwise. The order is always the same. It goes 3,1,4,5,2

JaytB
11-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Also, the bosses require tactics or some knowledge to be beaten.
For the magnetic golem: When you see his aura appearing there will be pillars with red orbs and one blue orb. Hide behind the pillar with the blue orb, or you are instantly dead, regardless of Lvl, armor or hp

Ow yes, that could be why the OP thought it was so hard. It migh help to know that the blue orbs always appear in the same order. So you can position yourself in the right spot before the orbs appear.

im4broke
11-11-2011, 08:20 PM
The recommended lvl is in 20's. Im 37 and I cudnt beat magnetic golem. I had to wait for a lvl 57 and 51 to clear it.

If it was easy it would be no fun. It might be a matter of learning how to beat it. My 21 can solo that lvl and potted I can do it in minutes.

The thing to remember is that the threat level of the enemy goes up with your level until the dungeon level cap. For instance, Matt can solo at 21 because the threat is scaled to his level, whereas when you go in it is at level 25. And the max level there is supposedly equivalent to a level 35 dungeon since it is an elite dungeon. When soloing, a level 21 can fair much better in SSC than a level 37 can.

Fyrce
11-12-2011, 02:56 PM
I think sandstone caves is completely beatable, even with lower levels. The thing is to pay attention. Brute force is not the smartest method.