PDA

View Full Version : 2018-05-18 Content Update (252847)

TzatOps
05-18-2018, 10:20 AM
+ Buffed Warrior's Iron Blood skill to include bonus health and dodge at higher levels.
+ Increased the base damage for Ranger characters by 25%.
+ Increased effectiveness of Ranger's Armor Shredder, Rabid Bite and Rage Tonic.
+ Elite Mage Cave bow weapon proc pool area of effect is now 50% smaller.
+ Enchantress Heal is now effective in countering elite weapon proc effects.
+ Small increase in damage for the Level 105 Elite Talon.
+ Small increase in proc chance for Volta's dagger.

SillyJuan
05-18-2018, 10:23 AM
Awesome, looking forward to testing out my fox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Islamiyah24
05-18-2018, 11:23 AM
Lol ithink fox is now the best use in low lvls pvp

Rdzy
05-18-2018, 12:03 PM
You shouldve nerf bears rage skill. Almost low lvl pvp own by bears :(

Dolloway
05-18-2018, 12:09 PM
+ Buffed Warrior's Iron Blood skill to include bonus health and dodge at higher levels.
+ Increased effectiveness of Ranger's Armor Shredder, Rabid Bite and Rage Tonic.

This is good.

This is bad. Now the bow proc is utterly useless since mages can just heal out of it easily. What's the point of the proc if it won't do anything for you because it will be countered in less than a second by heal?

Mages were already at the top of the food chain before this update. Now it's clear to me that mages are the best class by far after this update since they can heal all procs. No other class can do that. Now str mages can heal bear's procs and kill them, while the bear struggles to land one hit on the mage with all the debuff.

What made the bow unique and viable was that it could slow a mage down in combat and that's when you would go in for the kill. Now that mages can heal out of all procs, and due to the fact that bird has no crowd control abilities like a bear's beckon, there's no great time to go in for a nuke anymore.

I would rather have had mage's speed boost given back to them if you wanted to buff mages again (even though I feel they don't need a buff. And I have a level 105 Mage myself).

Cinco
05-18-2018, 12:28 PM
Switching the speed boost for the ability to heal out of the proc effect isn't one of the choices. There's enough negative feedback on the impact of the speed to keep it off the table.

If the bow proc is now truly and utterly without any conceivable use whatsoever as a result of Mages being able to heal out of the burn (like they can from other debuffs), I will revert the change.

Thoughts? Comments?

Buchmeister
05-18-2018, 12:51 PM
Can they heal others out of the proc?

Dolloway
05-18-2018, 01:01 PM
Switching the speed boost for the ability to heal out of the proc effect isn't one of the choices. There's enough negative feedback on the impact of the speed to keep it off the table.

If the bow proc is now truly and utterly without any conceivable use whatsoever as a result of Mages being able to heal out of the burn (like they can from other debuffs), I will revert the change.

Thoughts? Comments?

I'd appreciate it if you could revert the changes. Before the update, no class could heal out of procs. This made ffa very competitive for all classes and team types (bear/bird vs mage/bird, bird/rhino vs. bear/mage, etc.). But now that only mages can heal out of all procs, you absolutely need a mage on your team to win a game. I've been playing ffa and the games are so lopsided now when you're fighting a mage and don't have a mage on your team as well. We need something to tone it down so that team battles aren't so lopsided, so I'd recommend reverting the change.

EDIT:
I'll give you another example so I can clarify further and you can better see where I'm coming from.
Bow Mage vs Bow Bird - why is it that mage has the advantage over a bird when using bows? The mage can heal out of the burn effect while the bird cannot and is a sitting duck waiting to die in the pool. In theory, birds should have the biggest advantage when equipping Dex gear. Mage can be good, but it should not be better suited for dex gear than a bird, overall at least.

Waug
05-18-2018, 01:12 PM
There's enough negative feedback

In the history of pl mages have been one of the OP-est class for long, high concentration of mages as well than other classes, so there gonna be alot complain from mages if they are not op anymore.

Hold up mages let me complete :) I'm gonna favour ya :p

Birds don't need that mages can't heal bow proc given that this longbow has 13m range, given that it has adequate skill damage (idk it has or not because I don't have a set rn)

SuperGotenks
05-18-2018, 01:18 PM
Everyone: Mages and Rhinos rule Pvp!!!

Cinco: Ay lets just allow them to heal out of procs

Cinco
05-18-2018, 01:24 PM
Everyone: Mages and Rhinos rule Pvp!!!

Cinco: Ay lets just allow them to heal out of procs

Do you play Pocket Legends?

Cinco
05-18-2018, 01:24 PM
Can they heal others out of the proc?

Yes.

Cinco
05-18-2018, 01:26 PM
I'd appreciate it if you could revert the changes. Before the update, no class could heal out of procs. This made ffa very competitive for all classes and team types (bear/bird vs mage/bird, bird/rhino vs. bear/mage, etc.). But now that only mages can heal out of all procs, you absolutely need a mage on your team to win a game. I've been playing ffa and the games are so lopsided now when you're fighting a mage and don't have a mage on your team as well. We need something to tone it down so that team battles aren't so lopsided, so I'd recommend reverting the change.

EDIT:
I'll give you another example so I can clarify further and you can better see where I'm coming from.
Bow Mage vs Bow Bird - why is it that mage has the advantage over a bird when using bows? The mage can heal out of the burn effect while the bird cannot and is a sitting duck waiting to die in the pool. In theory, birds should have the biggest advantage when equipping Dex gear. Mage can be good, but it should not be better suited for dex gear than a bird, overall at least.

Good feedback.

Teams are the focus of my efforts. I will endeavor to keep that front and center in my responses.

Waug
05-18-2018, 01:29 PM
EDIT:
It need different perspective too, when a pure int mage fight a bow mage, rip bow mage hence int prevail for mages rather than a bow so mages gonna prefer int set over bow set.

As far as bow mage vs bow bird, those advantages gonna be always there as mages heal is far more superior In term of CD time and it's effectiveness against negative effects.

SuperGotenks
05-18-2018, 01:32 PM
Do you play Pocket Legends?

All jokes aside, I know you're trying your hardest to balance things and I applaud you for it.

Cinco
05-18-2018, 01:32 PM
All jokes aside, I know you're trying your hardest to balance things and I applaud you for it.

The support is very much appreciated, my friend!

Cinco
05-18-2018, 01:34 PM
It need different perspective too, when a pure int mage fight a bow mage, rip bow mage hence int prevail for mages rather than a bow so mages gonna prefer int set over bow set.

As far as bow mage vs bow bird, those advantages gonna be always there as mages heal is far more superior In term of CD time and it's effusiveness against negative effects.

1v1 feedback again. smh.

Jensmage
05-18-2018, 01:37 PM
1) The range of the bow is OP.
2) The proc of the elite bow is OP.
3) The dmg on elite bow is Op.
4) A bird with a bow can withstand a mage nuke twice.
Birds are way too op with a Bow. They do not require to kite much or at all.

I would have heal escape and increase bow dmg. Mage Mana Shield is useless. Also, mage proc doesnt guarantee that it will occur at all.

Cinco
05-18-2018, 01:38 PM
I can't shake my head any harder. Sry.

XghostzX
05-18-2018, 01:42 PM
In case you haven't already noticed, if there is one individual whose feedback is worth listening to, it's Dolloway's :)

I will go ahead and affirm his suggestion. Mages should not be able to heal out of the procs – otherwise they will persevere as the clear-cut champion class.

Cinco
05-18-2018, 01:47 PM
In case you haven't already noticed, if there is one individual whose feedback is worth listening to, it's Dolloway's :)

I will go ahead and affirm his suggestion. Mages should not be able to heal out of the procs – otherwise they will persevere as the clear-cut champion class.

I think the feedback is good. To use forum vernacular, I don't want to make teams utterly useless. Any clarity for me in this venue?

XghostzX
05-18-2018, 01:48 PM
1) The range of the bow is OP.
2) The proc of the elite bow is OP.
3) The dmg on elite bow is Op.
4) A bird with a bow can withstand a mage nuke twice.
Birds are way too op with a Bow. They do not require to kite much or at all.

I would have heal escape and increase bow dmg. Mage Mana Shield is useless. Also, mage proc doesn't guarantee that it will occur at all.

In team play, this is very wrong. I admit, there are times when I'm stuck in the bow's proc and I feel completely useless, but the archers are supposed to be a high damage-dealing, yet vulnerable class – which I believe they are at the moment. This is both fundamental and paramount to their gameplay style.

Mana shield is actually not useless. Again, in team-play combat, mana shield should be an emergency maneuver. It should grant you a couple extra seconds of protection, but nothing else – I use it when I need to get out of tough situations to be saved by teammates. Otherwise, you are literally asking for mages to be the tankiest class ever.

It's easy to play this game of moving back and forth like a pendulum with balancing stats, so I suggest we avoid that. Players are still fixated in a 1v1 type of environment, and we need to deviate from that to see that the game is more balanced than people think.

Mine AGK
05-18-2018, 01:53 PM
Good feedback.

Teams are the focus of my efforts. I will endeavor to keep that front and center in my responses.

Im cool if we cant heal out of the slowness but not allowing us to heal while in the proc would be helpful. Ive also noticed that i gain no mana and the proc stops my auto attack. With no mana shield up in the proc, why am i not allowed to gain mana back so i can prevent myself from dying?

Mine AGK
05-18-2018, 01:55 PM
Im cool if we cant heal out of the slowness but allowing us to heal while in the proc would be helpful. Ive also noticed that i gain no mana and the proc stops my auto attack. With no mana shield up in the proc, why am i not allowed to gain mana back so i can prevent myself from dying?

Editing what i meant to say.

XghostzX
05-18-2018, 01:56 PM
I don't want to make teams utterly useless. Any clarity for me in this venue?

I believe removing the heal effect will not render team play useless. I just think the intensity of the bow proc needs to be reduced to compensate for this – perhaps decrease the amount of time players are slowed down in the bows proc? After all, the strategy of the bird has always been maintaining one's distance and then exploiting that small window of time to nuke.

EDIT: Others have suggested (as AGK above) that mages have the ability to either heal out of the slow effect but not the debuff, or vice versa – which I think some balance there needs to be achieved.

SuperGotenks
05-18-2018, 01:59 PM

Regarding team pvp, I also think the bow set (and other 2h's) should have more of an increase in skill damage, considering that the talon still has way more skill damage than it. The talon set is fairly tanky in team play compared to the bow set, so the bow should have a greater increase in skill damage to offset the effect of dying everytime a bear lands its beckon. A good example of this would be in Rockwall Forts. Considering how small the map is, the talon is the way to go since it can poke using skills and do more damage (due to higher skill damage) whilst being able to stay tanky. The point of the bow (and all other 2h's) should be how it's traditionally been- sacrificing survivability for nuking capabilities. With that said, all 2h weapons should have more skill damage than their 1h counterparts.

Jensmage
05-18-2018, 02:09 PM
The debate between tuning the classes looks like it will take a lot of updates. I think removing procs is much harder to adjust PVP than updating stats for the classes. Having the procs like speed made the game interesting and fun.

Not sure if tuning the stats should have gone first and then deciding to remove some procs or modifying it would have been better. Maybe tuning stat was done first and then modifying proc. Its difficult to spend time to stay tune with all the updates. Good Luck...

XghostzX
05-18-2018, 02:16 PM
The debate between tuning the classes looks like it will take a lot of updates. I think removing procs is much harder to adjust PVP than updating stats for the classes. Having the procs like speed made the game interesting and fun.

Not sure if tuning the stats should have gone first and then deciding to remove some procs or modifying it would have been better. Maybe tuning stat was done first and then modifying proc. Its difficult to spend time to stay tune with all the updates. Good Luck...

Tweaking the procs isn't necessarily hard, it's just a very new concept at the moment. Procs have never played that big of a role, so there is a learning curve. But I think with some tuning, it will turn out to be pretty damn awesome. I think once the procs are settled, then we can turn to stat adjustments.

The speed proc definitely should not be part of PvP.

Jensmage
05-18-2018, 02:33 PM
Tweaking proc as in adjust dmg, range, and time is easy. Removing speed and adding heal to escape makes the tuning difficult to balance pvp.

I still say procs at the beginning were great as is. Stats were probably required tuning.

I’m sure STS did some testing before the update. It seems to them that it was balanced. The game might have been balanced before players started to enchant their weapons .

When players like us pvp with enchants that varies a lot, we are comparing Apple vs orange and not apple vs Apple.

Trenton
05-18-2018, 02:44 PM
Speed proc from mage wand should not be part of PvP.

The bow proc is kinda useless now in 5v5, the mage can just heal anyone out of it including themselves. I don't think that mages should be able to heal themselves or anyone else out of the bow proc. I would say that increasing the skill damage of bow + not being able to heal out of procs should make bow actually useful in team play so if someone gets caught in the small proc, they can be nuked instead of ducking out to be saved by team members. It just makes sense that 2h weapons have more skill damage than 1h weapons.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jensmage
05-18-2018, 02:53 PM
Speed proc from mage wand should not be part of PvP.

The bow proc is kinda useless now in 5v5, the mage can just heal anyone out of it including themselves. I don't think that mages should be able to heal themselves or anyone else out of the bow proc. I would say that increasing the skill damage of bow + not being able to heal out of procs should make bow actually useful in team play so if someone gets caught in the small proc, they can be nuked instead of ducking out to be saved by team members. It just makes sense that 2h weapons have more skill damage than 1h weapons.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Makes sense on what you say. The problem is a mage is weak when bow proc hits a mage. It’s like gg mage. Reduce the bow proc time and remove heal escape?

plpr
05-18-2018, 04:57 PM
Hear me out here but I think if every classes debuffs scaled to the amount of stats you have it would be almost 100% balanced. Just think about it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

3pc
05-18-2018, 07:19 PM
Mage is dumb OP atm best class its very hard to kill. The bow proc pool is too small now might need to add an extra 10-15% to it

Dolloway
05-18-2018, 11:00 PM
Mage is dumb OP atm best class its very hard to kill. The bow proc pool is too small now might need to add an extra 10-15% to it

I think birds are fine now. They don't need another buff for the time being.

Waug
05-19-2018, 01:10 AM
1v1 feedback again. smh.

:)

It sounds like I'm taking about 1v1 but I always keep team play ffa in my mind. I personally don't enjoy 1v1 at all and that's for years now but -

Balancing classes is the ONE & ONLY gateway to balanced teamplay, not just overwhelming it's just simply not possible to balance teamplay ffa effectively without balancing classes and if we balance classes the way it should be then by default team play ffa (I'll simply call it ffa) will get balanced, I'm not talking about perfect class balance cause that's not possible. Ppl talked about ffa game, and not to focus on 1v1 etc but they got over some simple facts-

- If classes ain't balanced individually, ppl tends to play with OP class. The result, ffa is screwed because there always gonna be mostly op classes in the both teams, that just kept happening always, when pallies were op, it's mostly pallies vs pallies in both ctf and arena. This can't be stopped other than when occasionally guild like restoration host locked games and agree to use different classes. So the basic purpose itself is ruined.

- Less activity in the arena, because some ppl tends to leave pvp if their favorite class is under powered.

- We can't deny the fact that, it's mostly 1v1 goes in the arena, that's the base of PvP now & if that doesn't go well, we won't get much chance to conduct ffa sessions, that's fact.

Dolloway talked about mages gonna be important for winning a match in a ffa, when in the history of PL (in fair situations) mage wasn't the decisive factor of wining if opponent team doens't have a mage? NEVER in the fair situations. THIS IS NOT THE PROBLEM, in a proper ffa, there should be all class and their role play, bear gonna play his role of tanking and crowd control, mage playing the role of healing /reving doing some aoe damage, and birds dealing damage and ks-es, IF ANY CLASS is not present there, they have a significant dis advantage if opponent team has that, this is the best ffa possible. THE PROBLEM ARISES when, a class become under powered (again I have to talk about class balance) then ppl gonna say, we don't need a weak bear in our team, we don't need a weak bird in our team. The past is full of such examples.

Whatever strengthen 1v1, also strengthen ffa. Whatever ruins 1v1 also ruin ffa. Again we need to understand that perfect balance is not possible, that also shouldn't imply that a class should have pretty narrow to no chance of killing other classes.

Again, Pure classes are best meant for a ffa, so when I talked about pure mage being better than bow mage, that favors ffa. If bow mages doesn't do well against int mage, we won't see much bow mage in a ffa.

Jilsponie
05-19-2018, 01:45 AM
So at this point int mages can either 1)run away from their pool proc making it utterly useless. 2) Try to stay in their pool proc and hope that heals away all the incoming damage.

As fun as teamplay is, not balancing 1v1 as well causes people to exploit weaknesses and just boost kills off others ruining the game for them. That's exactly why so many people for so many years don't pvp at all, or have left in the past due to extreme unbalanced classes.
Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Rdzy
05-19-2018, 07:08 AM
Hi Cinco. I dont think this is a good suggestion.. On some low lvl pvp , the pvpers tend to have 1v1 instead of team fight (FFA) . Its because of the knockback stomp distance on bears.
It will cause the team scattered and gives an advantage to enemies to kill them 1by1. So if want to have FFA u shouldve a bear that is good on stomping. I suggest that u should nerf the stomp knockback distance . It would be good when we can put some strategies and have a competitive and a thril fight. And thx also for the good updates... keep up the good work. ! Were Just LOCO :)

Buchmeister
05-19-2018, 08:14 AM
Yes.

If you’re focusing on team play, wouldn’t it be better if mages only healed themselves out of a proc so they’re a little more balanced?

Jilsponie
05-19-2018, 08:40 AM
Really not sure why stun/snaring from procs can't be removed like every other stun/snare skills... all classes have a way to remove debuffs. Making it impossible to kite by making the bow proc exempt from heal is pretty silly... it's essentially giving birds a 13m root skill that cannot be removed.

XghostzX
05-19-2018, 08:47 AM
If you’re focusing on team play, wouldn’t it be better if mages only healed themselves out of a proc so they’re a little more balanced?

As previously mentioned, I think a potential solution to the problem would be:

Allow mages to EITHER heal the slow effect OR the debuff, but not both. If players are concerned by the OPness of the bird's proc, I think this would be the best way to compensate.

Jilsponie
05-19-2018, 04:56 PM
As previously mentioned, I think a potential solution to the problem would be:

Allow mages to EITHER heal the slow effect OR the debuff, but not both. If players are concerned by the OPness of the bird's proc, I think this would be the best way to compensate.I don't see how the bow proc slowing people down giving the user the advantage of movement speed, is any different than the int wand proc giving the user the advantage of movement speed. So now dex sets can get a speed advantage, str sets can get a speed advantage, int sets have to leave their proc behind to kite...

If wand procs don't get a speed boost back the only BALANCED thing to do is remove all proc granting speed reductions... And honestly to say any different is a 100% perfect example of the definition of hypocrisy. I should be able to move faster than you, but you shouldn't be able to move faster than me? Not exactly what I would call logic... removing the debuffs or not really doesn't matter, but a level playing field is imperative, for team play or 1v1

plpr
05-19-2018, 04:59 PM
Why does iron blood give dodge if I already can get 100+ and I still don't dodge lol I don't understand

xIVxNEMESISxVIx
05-19-2018, 11:02 PM

Even after all these updates fox is still terrible, they need more armor and damage buffs

Foxes have always been the worst class, they still die to fast and don’t do much damage to the opponent like it should

Random mage
05-20-2018, 07:45 AM
Even after all these updates fox is still terrible, they need more armor and damage buffs

Foxes have always been the worst class, they still die to fast and don’t do much damage to the opponent like it should

Perhaps try other sets?

xIVxNEMESISxVIx
05-20-2018, 12:15 PM
Perhaps try other sets?

There still terrible and I’m not giving fox mage gear lol

Jilsponie
05-20-2018, 02:12 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI just lost to jump... maybe try a different approach? They went 6-0 vs anyone they fought 1 match lol the damage is OP (in a good way) and the talon proc makes it nice and tanky

Jilsponie
05-21-2018, 12:38 AM
If the bow proced after a mage heals, they don't have heal for 3 seconds to remove it anyway... Movement speed advantage is an extremely nice advantage to have. Saying the boost is off the table for mages/int sets but procs that slow another players movement giving the same advantage of movement speed are ok don't make any sense to me. Alot of the "feedback" on the forums are coming from people that ran out, tried the same thing over and over.Then when it didn't work rather than trying something else, they came here and asked for the game to be changed to suit their playing style, or remove things that frustrated them...

It would be nice in the future to see a day or 2 of feedback before drastic changes are made to gameplay, alot of this conversation took place during the day while many had school, or work in my case.

Thoughts? Comments?

Jilsponie
05-21-2018, 08:49 AM

I will go ahead and affirm his suggestion. Mages should not be able to heal out of the procs – otherwise they will persevere as the clear-cut champion class.With this bows can force int sets into fighting without buffs... it's giving the bow a 13m root. Not to mention if the bow procs after a mage heals the root away... there is the window to take advantage of the nuke and proc. All debuffs should be removable by all classes, they always have been, that's part of the skill/experience people have been asking to come back to pl since pure stat weapons made pvp 100% rng luck.

Mages are not really special when it comes to debuff removal, yes heal come more often for a mage but, a mage has to determine if health or removing debuffs is more important, cuz if you heal your hp, welp now you can be rooted and nuked, if you heal off debuffs, now you can ne nuked... bears have stomp, birds have avian scream

Ks_Leon
05-21-2018, 05:13 PM
How about delay on healing the proc? Like 1 or 2 secs. Just giving a thought.

3pc
05-25-2018, 06:50 PM
Should change top 10 to top 25 to make it more fair. I dont see how anyone is supposed to participate if its pay to win. The vendor gives everything to gold tiers and only gold farming map to silver it should of been divided up. Like blue ange/the 2 shields/gold farming map for gold tiers and silver gets white dragon shields/gold farming map and bronze just gets gold farming map.

plpr
05-25-2018, 07:18 PM
Should change top 10 to top 25 to make it more fair. I dont see how anyone is supposed to participate if its pay to win. The vendor gives everything to gold tiers and only gold farming map to silver it should of been divided up. Like blue ange/the 2 shields/gold farming map for gold tiers and silver gets white dragon shields/gold farming map and bronze just gets gold farming map.
If your guild participated at all you should get the gold farming map tbh.

Nuwhee
05-26-2018, 03:18 AM
Does the Event Hunters guild not think that EVERYONE ELSE wants super cool vanities? Like get real people, why take away from so many people and have the vendor limited to some twenty people? Here's a suggestion: Why not have Pocket Communtiy open to every soul who plays PL to completely defeat the purpose of these Guild Events? I'm serious here. I and so many other players are against these guild events because there are people like the Event Hunters guild who hog the vendor for their twenty petty members. So please. DON'T think everyone else on Alterra doesn't want to have a go at the vendor. If Cinco wants our damn money, he better make a way to do it right and I am making the suggestion for it. If you identify this message as "crying" so be it.