PDA

View Full Version : This One Made Me Think of Blackstar . . .

Arjun
07-09-2010, 02:34 AM
I Know its not. . but still.

http://sadcatsoft.com/uvd/main.php

is called Ultraviolet Dawn. . . .and s on an introductory sale at tha moment.

KingFu
07-09-2010, 02:39 AM
IDK why but I can't stop watching that video. It makes you lost and so tired, it's trippy!

Interim7
07-09-2010, 02:40 AM
I am so buying this.

Arjun
07-09-2010, 03:04 AM
IDK why but I can't stop watching that video. It makes you lost and so tired, it's trippy!

Really. . . .hang on. . .gotta check out the vid for myselfs. . .got busy posting in another thread. . ..but is this like an MMO or not? I have no clue. . . explain.

ratava
07-09-2010, 03:07 AM
Txs for the info, this loos like a good effort, eve on the iPhone?!

A lot better than a browser game of same idea also iPhone but the graphics 100x better here, like "mini squadron" dog-fights.

I'd be interested if it was Blackstar for PC only : (

Arjun
07-09-2010, 03:27 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?4185-Any-feedback-on-the-new-FPS-shooter-Archetype&highlight=archetype

Had posted about this yesterday in case you guys missed it. . similar deal. . .app. . .this one with 5v5 pvp. . . .i done played it. Is good. . .

ratava
07-09-2010, 05:01 AM
Plz comment on this above ge if anyone plays? Curious.

re: above, 5v5 - looking to the day when these team battles take off. Could be the best thing about PL!

Rebel
07-09-2010, 07:19 AM
I played this thinking it was a sort of rpg where you upgrade weapons and buy new armor and such. It's right about the upgrading/buying part, but when I died, it was game over. The missions are also VERY confusing IMO unless you know what planets to go to and such. With updates, I see it becoming a pretty good game which is why I'm going to keep it. (and it was free forthe first 24 hours :) )

Royce
07-09-2010, 09:31 AM
I played this thinking it was a sort of rpg where you upgrade weapons and buy new armor and such. It's right about the upgrading/buying part, but when I died, it was game over. The missions are also VERY confusing IMO unless you know what planets to go to and such. With updates, I see it becoming a pretty good game which is why I'm going to keep it. (and it was free forthe first 24 hours :) )

Thanks for the info. Was going to buy it, but now I'm not so sure...

ratava
07-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Txs for the info, too.

Ultraviolet Dawn appears mmo trader/shooter

also (similar)

Spaceminer (asteroids + rpg - mmo)
Warpgate (elite/eve 2.5D quality + rpg - mmo) - g8 work here but no mmo which is a miss.
Galaxy On Fire (3D elite shooter - mmo)

Warpgate looks most polished, but single-player game & boo-hoo! makes Blackstar even more demanded!! : O

Royce
07-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Txs for the info, too.

Ultraviolet Dawn appears mmo trader/shooter

also (similar)

Spaceminer (asteroids + rpg - mmo)
Warpgate (elite/eve 2.5D quality + rpg - mmo) - g8 work here but no mmo which is a miss.
Galaxy On Fire (3D elite shooter - mmo)

Warpgate looks most polished, but single-player game & boo-hoo! makes Blackstar even more demanded!! : O

There's also one called Outer Empires that's mostly space trading, colonization. I tried the browser version of the game, and it was decent, but a bit slow paced for my taste so I didn't shell out the 2 bucks for the iPhone app.

ratava
07-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Bingo! I actually tried that browser version too, but forgot the name. Agree the concept is full of potential but the gameplay and graphics just too slow and uninspiring eg comapred to the above mentioned ones. Combine concept and graphics and it would be an amazing game. Txs for mentioning that, lost in the app store forever again!

ratava
07-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Blackstar could be back on the menu again: Podcast with SS mention a PC game... If not could see a version fitted on iPhone kick-***!

Some good info on PL updates too : )

Interim7
07-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Anyone here play/played Continuum? That's a good game.