PDA

View Full Version : Balanced staff for bosses

DalleManden
05-21-2018, 03:01 PM
Anyone tried it?

Bluehazee
06-01-2018, 09:42 AM
I use it. On dark attunement, the staff works pretty good when enemies deals significant dmg to you. In maus runs is useful for Umbral mass(far better than drag staff), Misshapen when use spin attack, Vory and Lich. Im luminous templar and Lich's white shield nerfs my dmg, so i use drag staff in dark pool when this shield. If purple shield is on, i swap to Balanced staff out of pools. I like to use magma aa with this staff.

Last goblin event was very good against Mother. Also i feel that if warrior uses Horn of Renew the proc effect decreases. I hope this can solve your doubts

PsychoNuke
06-06-2018, 12:16 PM
Lower damage reduction you have higher the damage. So ye

How does Damage Reduction affects Damage? And why are they inversely proportional?

Nohealth
06-06-2018, 12:27 PM
How does Damage Reduction affects Damage? And why are they inversely proportional?If you apply damage reduction debuff on someone, for example 15%. They will deal 15% less damage than they normally would do. It's same with damage reduction buff (elixir, nekro shield for example)

Nohealth
06-07-2018, 09:43 AM
What you said is right, if A is doing damage and B is using Damage Reduction buff then B will loose less HP then normal. Same way if Boss applies Dmg reduction debuff on A then A will do less damage to Boss. (Though its not same percentage, the formula include level and armor into consideration as well).

Anyway that was not my question to avik, read the chain of comments. The quote:
Quote: "Also i feel that if warrior uses Horn of Renew the proc effect decreases"
Reply: "Lower damage reduction you have higher the damage"

Which got me confused because:
Horn of Renew's shield absorbs damage same as mage's shield. = damage reduction on caster; and as per him it = caster doing higher damage???

Yeah I also don't really get it tbh.

PsychoNuke
06-07-2018, 09:43 AM
If you apply damage reduction debuff on someone, for example 15%. They will deal 15% less damage than they normally would do. It's same with damage reduction buff (elixir, nekro shield for example)

What you said is right, if A is doing damage and B is using Damage Reduction buff then B will loose less HP then normal. Same way if Boss applies Dmg reduction debuff on A then A will do less damage to Boss. (Though its not same percentage, the formula include level and armor into consideration as well).

Anyway that was not my question to avik, read the chain of comments. The quote:
Quote: "Also i feel that if warrior uses Horn of Renew the proc effect decreases"
Reply: "Lower damage reduction you have higher the damage"

Which got me confused because:
Horn of Renew's shield deflects damage. = damage reduction on caster? = caster doing higher damage???

Bluehazee
06-07-2018, 11:23 AM
What i tried to explain is that the more dmg you take, more dmg you deal with this staff. We could say that it works like a mirror.
This are my feelings after use it, but since very few mages use it, it has not been easy to share impressions.
I dont even use arcane shield with this staff, trying to take the more dmg possible.
Also i forgot to add Cursed Captain on the bosses where it works very good.
Sorry about english grammar >.<

PsychoNuke
06-07-2018, 11:38 AM
What i tried to explain is that the more dmg you take, more dmg you deal with this staff. We could say that it works like a mirror.
This are my feelings after use it, but since very few mages use it, it has not been easy to share impressions.
I dont even use arcane shield with this staff, trying to take the more dmg possible.
Also i forgot to add Cursed Captain on the bosses where it works very good.
Sorry about english grammar >.<

Yes I understand what you are saying, and it make me wonder why it works like that. The proc (dark attunement) doesn't mention anything as such, hence I was curious to know what is avik's theory.

PsychoNuke
06-10-2018, 05:11 AM
Curse, the skill as well as the proc, is the reflection of damage back on the enemy which it has just dealt to you.

Lower your damage reduction, armor is also damage reduction, the higher the amount of damage being dealt to u becomes.

Why people who use curse don't get the damage reducing spec in PvP. Also why the curse PvE Nott's deal so much damage with curse.

So you are saying that the Proc Dark attunement works like curse skill.
The description of the proc says: Darkness curses enemies, causing them to take damage when attacking.

Hmm there is not much info here so lets go with your theory.

Edit:
I went ahead and tested how curse works, as per my tests it isn't the reflection of damage back on the enemy.

Armor/Damage Reduction buff/Shield has no affect on how much damage is dealt to the enemy. The damage on the enemy was same everytime they striked under the affect of curse, irrespective of how much Armor I had, if I used the Arcane Shield skill or used the Damage Reduction buff elixir.

Raw Damage/Damage Passive/Damage from Pet/Damage from elixir did change (significantly) the amount of damage dealt to the enemy everytime they strike under the affect of curse.

Conclusion: Only the Damage stat(s) (Raw/%Dmg/BonusDmg) is considered for curse damage.
Personal Conclusion: Pretty useless skill for pve, Devs should buff and tune it.

will0
06-11-2018, 02:02 AM
So you are saying that the Proc Dark attunement works like curse skill.
The description of the proc says: Darkness searches out a nearby enemy to deal additional damage.

Hmm there is not much info here so lets go with your theory.

Edit:
I went ahead and tested how curse works, as per my tests it isn't the reflection of damage back on the enemy.

Armor/Damage Reduction buff/Shield has no affect on how much damage is dealt to the enemy. The damage on the enemy was same everytime they striked under the affect of curse, irrespective of how much Armor I had, if I used the Arcane Shield skill or used the Damage Reduction buff elixir.

Raw Damage/Damage Passive/Damage from Pet/Damage from elixir did change (significantly) the amount of damage dealt to the enemy everytime they strike under the affect of curse.

Conclusion: Only the Damage stat(s) (Raw/%Dmg/BonusDmg) is considered for curse damage.
Personal Conclusion: Pretty useless skill for pve, Devs should buff and tune it.

i do agree this was asked a couple of time a while ago what actually mage's curse skill is useful for in pve which is pretty much it does nothing ....

Zojack
06-12-2018, 08:17 AM
Curse does nothing for mages, but for mobs it absolutely destroys.

Jausa
07-08-2018, 06:04 AM
Curse does nothing for mages, but for mobs it absolutely destroys.Probably because mobs don't cause as much dmg as players also some mobs have much more health than players.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

will0
07-09-2018, 08:12 PM
I use it. On dark attunement, the staff works pretty good when enemies deals significant dmg to you. In maus runs is useful for Umbral mass(far better than drag staff), Misshapen when use spin attack, Vory and Lich. Im luminous templar and Lich's white shield nerfs my dmg, so i use drag staff in dark pool when this shield. If purple shield is on, i swap to Balanced staff out of pools. I like to use magma aa with this staff.

Last goblin event was very good against Mother. Also i feel that if warrior uses Horn of Renew the proc effect decreases. I hope this can solve your doubts

i am contemplating to give up flame staff to use on Boss since DS is nerfed, wonder if better to use balance staff now on bosses o.o or is creeping gun process beterr?

will0
07-11-2018, 01:58 AM
anyway sold my flame staff and bought a balance staff so far so good on bosses, just that notice sometime the curse AA wont process on some bosses

Obooo
07-16-2018, 03:09 PM
Ds still works, better than hex fire on boss, but not as much as before. Also, i feel single ds works better than single hex fire in lvl71 m6 on normal mobs.

Obooo
07-16-2018, 03:15 PM
For the curse skill, i also did a few tests in pve on mobs. Conclusion is the same as above, it s useless. There is no reduced damage on me, there is no increased damage on mobs. When pvp, cursed rog often dies when attacking me. So, pvp might be working.
***new question: does curse skill work on the new boss of infested? Will it reduce boss' damage on us? Is it similar to the balanced staff?

Abuze
07-16-2018, 03:33 PM
#nerfbalancestaff coming soon?
Perhaps at lvl 76 cap

Obooo
07-16-2018, 03:34 PM
Also,whats the diff btwn a normal or charged curse? Haha, sry if u feel overloaded by my questions.

will0
07-17-2018, 05:00 AM
#nerfbalancestaff coming soon?
Perhaps at lvl 76 cap

a rogue in mage thread "asking" "speculating" "hintint" for nerf.. typical :)

Abuze
07-17-2018, 05:28 AM
a rogue in mage thread "asking" "speculating" "hintint" for nerf.. typical :)

aw don't get too butthurt again, its just a little something with all the weapon nerfs lately :P

PsychoNuke
07-17-2018, 11:53 AM
Does curse skill work on the new boss of infested?
Yes it does.

Will it reduce boss' damage on us?
Yes, if you take the Upgrade "Words of Weakening" the boss will do 10% less damage on any hit that land on you for next 5sec of cast. But to be honest its insignificant and total waste of skill points, rather use those points on shield mastery.

Is it similar to the balanced staff?
No, Balance staff works like any other staff with Dot damage. Dark Attunement is Dot, and Light Attunement is Heal+Mana on allys. I think we should move the discussion on Curse to a new thread as its nowhere related to OP :)

Whats the diff btwn a normal or charged curse?
The skill upgrades "Words of Weakening" and "Penetrating Curse" only get triggered when the skill is charged.

Obooo
07-17-2018, 11:33 PM
Thanks for your reply dear. I just did a test with curse on the infested boss. My conclusion is, the curse skill cannot reflect boss damage, at all. So, dont use it. Details, see "obooo arcane legends curse infested" on you t u b e.

srazman
07-17-2018, 11:50 PM
Recently obtain balance staff. I dont know the mechanic behind the balance staff.. but it work very well on mausoleum's bosses..

Havent tried it yet with the pool floor when fighting lich or vory. If the pool floor (templar@apostle color) give any advantages or not idk. When we step on it, it deduct our hp by half...

• Reonauz

Obooo
07-18-2018, 11:13 AM
Thank you, Reo. Good to know balanced staff is working. So sad the curse skill is not working, not as sts described, at all.

srazman
07-18-2018, 07:33 PM
Thank you, Reo. Good to know balanced staff is working. So sad the curse skill is not working, not as sts described, at all.Likewise obooo [emoji4] if the curse skill work like balance staff proc does then we can setup a mage with defensive, high armor and high hp yet deadly. Dont touch me if u want to live ^_^

• Reonauz

will0
07-19-2018, 03:35 AM
mage curse skill is bad at pve.. worst than a staff process

PsychoNuke
07-19-2018, 05:00 AM
Thanks for your reply dear. I just did a test with curse on the infested boss. My conclusion is, the curse skill cannot reflect boss damage, at all. So, dont use it. Details, see "obooo arcane legends curse infested" on you t u b e.

Thanks for the video :)
I see that curse is working on boss (you see that curse cloud animation on his head), though its hard to test and know if the damage reflection is working on the infected boss because most of his hits can kill you + crit hits does higher damage then normal.

I concluded that all skill upgrades works fine based on the tests I did on Glint elite bosses. So ideally it should work on infested, but if it is, then its negligible. The skill is working as it is mentioned in the skill info, the problem is its very underpowered :(

Obooo
07-23-2018, 04:12 PM
Ya, as you said Psy, when using curse skill, you see boss was cursed by the cloud, you see boss damaged 90% of my hp, but you cannot see any change on boss hp. On the other hand, when boss cursed by balanced staff, boss hp decreases when he causes damage on players hp. So, the skill curse is bugged. Balanced staff curse is working. This is sad to see one of our basic mage skill is not working at all. It hurts the variety of AL builds, especially considering only 3 classes are allowed. As Reo said, if skill curse be good, full strength mage would be a very interesting counter attack build. Sts could get more players, and make more money by a simple fix.... Forgive me, Thinking too far, lol.

will0
08-01-2018, 01:25 AM
anyone still using this staff after the nerf? what's the experience ?

Obooo
08-01-2018, 11:55 AM
Both dragon staff and balanced staff are still working, but not as significant as before. i dont think nerfed weapon is a big issue. The biggest problem of AL is lack of variation or new content. Well, it is just a small phone game, after all. Sts already did a good job compared to other small phone games.

will0
08-01-2018, 07:23 PM
Both dragon staff and balanced staff are still working, but not as significant as before. i dont think nerfed weapon is a big issue. The biggest problem of AL is lack of variation or new content. Well, it is just a small phone game, after all. Sts already did a good job compared to other small phone games.

agree nothing is as great as before AL fell a bit short now with all this nerfing of old weapons and giving 1 type of AA weapondary for all class in current and future releases...

Atoyd
04-02-2019, 09:32 AM
I use balanced staff on the bosses of mauso and festerfang and I find it wonderful !!! even more if you use ulti "energize" it works very well ! I prefer balanced staff than dragon staff.

Enviado de meu SM-J320M usando o Tapatalk

Trader
04-15-2019, 11:17 PM
Balance staff only does 100% damage reflection, Curse skill does 50% damage reflection.
Ebon Aegis does 2000% damage reflection... so the best weapon will be a warrior with ebon aegis xD, Buy a warrior now.