PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain this?

CrimsonTider
05-22-2018, 08:15 PM
Player/member for over 8 years only to log on for a possible quick chat to find this:

No excuse.

plpr
05-22-2018, 08:27 PM
Player/member for over 8 years only to log on for a possible quick chat to find this:

No excuse.
Every single one of your friends have not logged on in over 6 months so they were removed from your list and everybody elses. Also cool to see you! I've read your name in ancient threads.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

CrimsonTider
05-22-2018, 08:56 PM
I know that to not be true as I was just on a month, or so, ago and saw a couple of them on. I also know people who are still active.

Either way, it's inexcusable. I spent years building relationships, gathering alternate account IGN's, and saving those over my own alternates to only have that taken away. There is no way for me to remember each person I've met in this game, nor to recall which IGN they may be using to get in touch with them if they happened to have returned.

plpr
05-22-2018, 08:58 PM
I know that to not be true as I was just on a month, or so, ago and saw a couple of them on. I also know people who are still active.

Either way, it's inexcusable. I spent years building relationships, gathering alternate account IGN's, and saving those over my own alternates to only have that taken away. There is no way for me to remember each person I've met in this game, nor to recall which IGN they may be using to get in touch with them if they happened to have returned.
I'm sorry but it is true if someone can find where it's said and post it here that would be great.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Draebatad
05-22-2018, 09:32 PM

It's true. Welcome back, crimson.

Original dev post can be found at https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?421519-Friends-list

CrimsonTider
05-22-2018, 09:36 PM

It's true. Welcome back, crimson.

Original dev post can be found at https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?421519-Friends-list

Oh, I am far from back, and I can prove people who are still active were removed from my friends list. People, based on forum searches, who have posted today about playing. Not worth my time.

STS gonna STS.

Buchmeister
05-22-2018, 09:43 PM
I was wondering why 40 of my friends disappeared...

Draebatad
05-22-2018, 10:03 PM
Oh, I am far from back, and I can prove people who are still active were removed from my friends list. People, based on forum searches, who have posted today about playing. Not worth my time.

STS gonna STS.

Perhaps more light can be shed on how and why friends were removed from our friend lists. This did effect everyone, after all. But there were no release notes explaining this, it just happened.

CINCO, will you please help out here? Fill us in?

Suentous PO
05-22-2018, 10:19 PM
Couple things;

First and foremost - Hello Crim great to see you! I trust you're well

Second- I have logged into pl more than once in the last 6 months, we were on friends lists, I do not see your name (I just logged in) in guild or on friends list.
Oddly I have some old names still on my various lists, I don't know why some are there and some aren't, but it isn't as simple as the posts here suggest.

Anyway Roll Tide! Brofist chestbump combo high five XD

Nohealth
05-23-2018, 12:36 AM

STS gonna STS.The thing is, if you haven't logged in past 6 months, your friendlist database will be erased. This means your friendlist/ignore will be erased and in result you'll disappear from other people friendlist doesn't matter if they are active or not.

Draebatad
05-23-2018, 12:54 AM
The thing is, if you haven't logged in past 6 months, your friendlist database will be erased. This means your friendlist/ignore will be erased and in result you'll disappear from other people friendlist doesn't matter if they are active or not.

That is incorrect. People who logged in every day had tons of friends removed, myself included. We shall await clarification from the devs.

Nohealth
05-23-2018, 12:59 AM
That is incorrect. People who logged in every day had tons of friends removed, myself included. We shall await clarification from the devs.That's how the system works in every single of their game, it just wasn't applied in all so don't tell me the info is incorrect :)
Even Cinco said it himself. Of course they had friends removed if their friends were inactive, again FOR 6 MONTHS or more. But I'm just a noob player so don't listen to me haha just wait for Cinco to repeat my words. Gl:)

Draebatad
05-23-2018, 01:21 AM

Hope everyone's having a fantastic day/night.

OneLeft
05-23-2018, 01:32 AM
That is incorrect. People who logged in every day had tons of friends removed, myself included. We shall await clarification from the devs.

Your friend has to have been inactive for atleast 6 monthes, not you.

Draebatad
05-23-2018, 01:47 AM
Your friend has to have been inactive for atleast 6 monthes, not you.

People (even outside of this forum) are saying that friends of theirs who they are pretty sure were active in the last 6 months have been removed (both parties were active during that 6+ month time frame). That's why clarification has been requested.

The friend's list should have not been touched in the first place - I think CrimsonTider has pointed out why already, how it impacted him, quote, "it's inexcusable. I spent years building relationships, gathering alternate account IGN's, and saving those over my own alternates to only have that taken away. There is no way for me to remember each person I've met in this game, nor to recall which IGN they may be using to get in touch with them if they happened to have returned."

CrimsonTider
05-23-2018, 02:33 PM
Couple things;

First and foremost - Hello Crim great to see you! I trust you're well

Second- I have logged into pl more than once in the last 6 months, we were on friends lists, I do not see your name (I just logged in) in guild or on friends list.
Oddly I have some old names still on my various lists, I don't know why some are there and some aren't, but it isn't as simple as the posts here suggest.

Anyway Roll Tide! Brofist chestbump combo high five XD

Good to hear from your awesome self. Unfortunately, I am not well. I will PM you the details later.

As for the "proof" I alluded to earlier, you are one of the ones i knew for a fact were "active" enough for what the issue apparently is to not be the case.

That's how the system works in every single of their game, it just wasn't applied in all so don't tell me the info is incorrect :)
Even Cinco said it himself. Of course they had friends removed if their friends were inactive, again FOR 6 MONTHS or more. But I'm just a noob player so don't listen to me haha just wait for Cinco to repeat my words. Gl:)

See the quote above as evidence for what you were told/understood to be true to not be the case. I am not wasting my time, but I can list others who have been active during that timeframe, including myself.

angeldawn
05-23-2018, 02:34 PM
I logged on the other day on my Main account and all my friend lists, on all my toons were wiped out.

So if you are inactive for a period, your entire friends list gets deleted, thus removing you from active players lists as well.

Fyrce
05-23-2018, 03:07 PM
It is possible some of these people were inactive over some six month period in the past. Or are people saying for sure these are recent wipes? Reminds me of auctions I forgot.

Reunegade
05-23-2018, 05:24 PM
Some of my IRL friends who have not touched their accounts in years are still on my friends list. It seems rather arbitrary.

Itoopeo
05-24-2018, 02:42 AM
Haha, wondered why it had happened to me on DL... Logged in to sell my beta reward items for almost 100m gold.

How is PL lvl 35-45 pvp like nowadays? Worth giving a try? I used to be addicted to this game. Now I am almost a mechanical engineer and when I log in, I see people still addicted to this game who started even before me, long time ago!

If someone wants to platoon with me on world of tanks EU, I'm up ��

NECROREAPER
05-27-2018, 01:35 PM
I’m still here Crim :)

Dolloway
05-27-2018, 01:39 PM
Nice to see some oldies on forums :D

Hope you've all been doing great, guys. I wish you all the best.

NECROREAPER
05-27-2018, 01:42 PM
Nice to see some oldies on forums :D

Hope you've all been doing great, guys. I wish you all the best.

You too Dollow, it’s cool being on here for 8 years and seeing the same names as when I started :). Hope you’re doing well!

3pc
05-27-2018, 06:42 PM
The friends removed accounts arent deleted but added to a inactive list STS has on a different server or something with all their data saved. They said they are doing this to save space and help with speed performances for the players who are still active.

Draebatad
05-27-2018, 07:36 PM
The friends removed accounts arent deleted but added to a inactive list STS has on a different server or something with all their data saved. They said they are doing this to save space and help with speed performances for the players who are still active.

I originally suggested it was likely a reason of performance enhancement. The devs never spoke up that I saw. Do you have a source quote for what you're saying?

Buyinesb
05-30-2018, 09:42 AM
thats so odd gl with finding new friends :)

KingFu
06-01-2018, 12:59 AM
Hello fellow cool kids! I hope all is peachy!