PDA

View Full Version : Guild Event II - 3-Tiers, Top-10's, Crystal Keys, Blue Angels, and Glorious GOLD!

Cinco
05-23-2018, 02:00 PM
A new realm-wide GUILD EVENT is on the horizon!
- Scour the realm for a portal to the GUILD CHALLENGE!
- Enter the portal and defeat monsters to earn Points for your Guild!

Content changes and enhancements:
- There are now five (5) Mage Castle Event zones of varying sizes.
- The Guild Event portal will send you to one of these five areas at random.
- Bosses and Gold Skeletons have a chance to drop Amulets (Level 30 - 90) and Level 1 Elite Weapons.
- Guild Score Leaderboard is configured to pull updates from the database every half-hour (instead of every 12 hrs.).

The Crystal Key
- Use a Crystal Key when entering the portal for a much greater chance of entering the larger, higher-scoring zones.
- Crystal Keys can be crafted via VINCENZO in the Event zone (or purchased from him directly for 2 Plat).
- Loot Crystal Key crafting components from "KRSTL" the Crystal Skeleton (found only in the Shadow Caves).

How to Win:
- Your Guild Score is the sum of the Top Ten (10) Guild Members' contributions.
- The Guild with the most points at the end of the event is awarded Gold Tier.
- The Guild in second-place gets Silver Tier.
- The Guild with the third-highest score gets Bronze Tier.

1ST Place Prizes:
- Gold Tier gains access to an exclusive vendor that sells the 'Blue Angel' Vanity Set, the 'White Dragon Shield' (shown above).
- Gold Tier vanity vendor prices range from 250k to 750k Gold per item (depending on the item).
- Gold Tier winners also gain access to a generous gold farming zone for 48 hours!

2nd Place Prize:
- Silver Tier winners get access to a Silver Tier gold farming zone for 48 hours.

3rd Place Prize:
- Bronze Tier winners get access to a Bronze Tier gold farming zone for 48 hours.

Like last time vanity items purchased from the Gold Tier Vendor are character-bound but can be crafted into trade-friendly versions for Platinum.
The elusive 'White Lightning' helmet and armor will return along with a 'White Lightning' shield - all of which remain disgustingly rare loot drops.

TIMING
This event is scheduled to begin at 12 AM Central time Friday, May 25th and run 'til 11:59 PM Sunday, May 27th!

XghostzX
05-23-2018, 02:21 PM
This is awesome, always love seeing a spike in activity from these events. Can’t wait for it!

Oby
05-23-2018, 02:50 PM
The best of luck to the guild of PL! Grind on my friends!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

3pc
05-23-2018, 02:55 PM
This is so amazing when will this exciting event take place??

xzLegendszx
05-23-2018, 02:59 PM
You are crazy Cinco.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Fwend
05-23-2018, 02:59 PM
Thank you for bringing back this guild event.

Loving the new sheilds.

As much as I appreciate the reward of three tiers, with 48 hours, gold event zones.

We are in dire need of a golden bones event, lasting one week, before this gold faucet vendor reward. Not many will have gold to purchase the new blue angel and white dragon vanity sheild.

Can you please indicate the time and date of when this event begins, and gold and plat prices to purchase reward items from the vendor?

Draebatad
05-23-2018, 03:03 PM
Nice work, Cinco!

Perhaps we can get a buff to tori the teller and a gold event today? Gotta agree with sunny there, most people are broke. Having gold before the vendor would allow use of the prize vendor, assuming he's still operating as a gold sink this time around?

Ortalan
Why make it so that only the ten top-scoring members of each guild contribute to guild score? This makes it literally impossible for many casual players in more inclusive guilds to help their guild win. Also, I feel like it needs to be pointed out that it encourages account-sharing. A single account played by multiple members of the same guild has the potential to impact guild score in a way which the same players playing separate accounts would find impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3pc
No gold egg? Thats a shame i was hoping for it but idc still happy for an event

Dolloway
05-23-2018, 03:04 PM
When will this guild event take place?

Can you give us an idea of how much gold we can loot in the gold, silver, and bronze tier zones?

Jensmage
05-23-2018, 03:35 PM
"The elusive 'White Lightning' helmet and armor will return along with a 'White Lightning' shield - all of which remain disgustingly rare loot drops."

Which character has the highest drop rate for White Lightning Helmet, armor, and shield? This I believe is an important question because we were chasing the tail last time we were farming.

Buchmeister
05-23-2018, 04:42 PM
I'm so hyped!

Buchmeister
05-23-2018, 04:55 PM
If Blue Angel is getting the same effect as full White Drag, could White Drag get a unique effect when equipped with the winner's shield?

Maybe something like a golden dragon symbol under your character? :o

Cinco
05-23-2018, 05:04 PM
If Blue Angel is getting the same effect as full White Drag, could White Drag get a unique effect when equipped with the winner's shield?

Each set gets a different effect. Blue Angel's item set effect is a rich blue. White Lightning (helm, armor and new shield) gives a lighter blue with electric sparks.
White Dragon keeps its unique golden white effect. The new White Dragon shield provides an option for completing the set (for instance, if you want to use a different vanity pet, etc.).

3pc
05-23-2018, 05:25 PM
Each set gets a different effect. Blue Angel's item set effect is a rich blue. White Lightning (helm, armor and new shield) gives a lighter blue with electric sparks.
White Dragon keeps its unique golden white effect. The new White Dragon shield provides an option for completing the set (for instance, if you want to use a different vanity pet, etc.).

When is event planned and I think the top 10 players should receive tradeable gold egg

Cinco
05-23-2018, 05:45 PM
When is event planned and I think the top 10 players should receive tradeable gold egg

I'm planning for this to happen starting Friday the 25th! :-)

Buchmeister
05-23-2018, 05:53 PM

God dammit I have prom ;-;

Well time to sit in the back playing PL with a tux on

Cinco
05-23-2018, 06:23 PM
...We are in dire need of a golden bones event...?

I weighed the idea of doing a preceding gold event against the idea of offering a big gold reward for the event winners... and decided to go with the latter.

My logic is/was: if I saturate the game with gold prior to the event, I will need to reduce the amount of gold paid out by the victory zones. I prefer the higher pay-outs for winning the event.

Separately, I am looking forward to offering new ways for Pocket Legends players to rake in the gold. The reward structure for this second Guild Event is just one of the ideas. There will be more to come :-)

Buchmeister
05-23-2018, 06:28 PM
I weighed the idea of doing a preceding gold event against the idea of offering a big gold reward for the event winners... and decided to go with the latter.

My logic is/was: if I saturate the game with gold prior to the event, I will need to reduce the amount of gold paid out by the victory zones. I prefer the higher pay-outs for winning the event.

Separately, I am looking forward to offering new ways for Pocket Legends players to rake in the gold. The reward structure for this second Guild Event is just one of the ideas. There will be more to come :-)

I suggested this in an earlier thread, can we have design contests like back in the day for guild event rewards? :o

Fwend
05-23-2018, 06:47 PM

Thank you for your response and explaining how this decision was made.

I'm looking foward to more gold events, and understanding that Sts cares and actively listens to players suggestions.

Nipunsky
05-23-2018, 07:26 PM
Cinco, you're definitely loco xD
This event looks so dope, all sets are awesome and thanks for the much needed gold faucet for the winners :3
Good luck everyone for the event Cx

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Random mage
05-23-2018, 07:34 PM
Will we have the ability to drop rings,amulets, and gear?

Dolloway
05-23-2018, 08:25 PM
Also, how much will Crystal Keys cost?

3pc
05-23-2018, 08:26 PM

Friday would be perfect its a 3 day weekend for most!

Waug
05-23-2018, 10:00 PM
That's the idea to make it an actual guild competition, rather than all join one guild and no competition at all. It's ultimately a guild vs guild, that will happen in this, since top 10 scorer count. Nice to see the think tank always thinking hard and bring awesome ideas in reality, nice!

However, definitely paid members should have advantage but the difference should not be really high? So that anybody can have a chance farming for long. I can care pretty less in that but what I care -

Make legendary and elite crafting prices drop rate much higher this time?
The gold prices of all elites should be much lower this time?
Tweak enchantment so that it less luck based?

And if anybody want me to keep asking more - :p
More XP /XP orb from mobs (it was ridiculously low)

Onebigsmurfmello
05-23-2018, 10:54 PM
I don’t understand the whole gold after the event thing. The way it is all working their are like multiple plat only guilds which will win and then the normal community won’t get anything and the gold problem will once again be the same thing. You literally are just making the rich richer and the poor poorer which will steer a lot of people to quit. I hope you know what you are doing I’d say PL is on thin ice.

This is just bad business in ever since for the game economy and community.

Welcome all to Arcane Legends 2.0

Baylakk
05-24-2018, 12:46 AM
Woooow!!

Cinco this looks super dope! Amazing job! I cannot wait to run this event this weekend! GL to all the guilds :)

qkb
05-24-2018, 01:56 AM
awsome event

ImRandy
05-24-2018, 06:24 AM

Hello,
Sounds like the last guild event (gold sink) worked out pretty well (including gold event beforehand). The amount of gold in the game is about where it should be ... so the natural thing to do is the other way this time... makes sense...
This event structure is much more appealing to the community as a whole ... I’d vote for this as a seasonal event ( it kinda already is ) ... and some way to include pvp eventually ...
Can’t wait looks fun .. Imrandy

exozer
05-24-2018, 09:26 AM
looks great 👍 cant wait to grind out this new event! unpopular opinion: can we get full month without new stuff coming to game to let economy settle? its still kinda choked since last one... anyways, great days to merch!

Rushlikeagod
05-24-2018, 10:27 AM
Can't wait looks fun

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Cinco
05-24-2018, 11:10 AM
Will we have the ability to drop rings,amulets, and gear?

The boss monsters have a chance to drop amulets and level 1 elite weapons.

Cinco
05-24-2018, 11:27 AM
...the difference should not be really high? So that anybody can have a chance farming for long.

Farm the Shadow Caves for 'KRSTL' the Crystal Skeleton. He spawns ~15% of the time from shadow bosses and has 100% drop rate for Crystal Key crafting components.

The gold prices of all elites should be much lower this time?

There are no elite items for purchase from the Gold Tier vendor this time around; only vanity items (and discounted PURE STAT items).

Cinco
05-24-2018, 11:28 AM
Also, how much will Crystal Keys cost?

They are free if you loot the necessary components from KRSTL or 2 Platinum if you buy direct from VINCENZO.

Jensmage
05-24-2018, 11:34 AM
On the "EVENT SCORE" LEADERBOARD, will the score reflect the top 10 players from a guild or the entire guild as a whole?

Cinco
05-24-2018, 11:45 AM
On the "EVENT SCORE" LEADERBOARD, will the score reflect the top 10 players from a guild or the entire guild as a whole?

The Event Score Leaderboard will only show the Guild Score - which is based on the contributions of the top 10 players from that Guild.
The current Pocket Legends client cannot show individual player point contributions. We track player score on the server in order to determine the top 10 contributors.
We will need a new client to display the players' individual progress (and we will need to consider how the updates could affect performance for all connected clients).

Rdzy
05-24-2018, 11:57 AM
Good update cinco.. Also pls reply to my email :( I carelessly deleted my char slot with and fbow in it listed on cs. The fbow still in cs . I created same ign but my fbow is not on my list of selling items. Can i take it back? Much appreciated if u.

Waug
05-24-2018, 12:39 PM
The Event Score Leaderboard will only show the Guild Score - which is based on the contributions of the top 10 players from that Guild.
The current Pocket Legends client cannot show individual player point contributions. We track player score on the server in order to determine the top 10 contributors.
We will need a new client to display the players' individual progress (and we will need to consider how the updates could affect performance for all connected clients).

It will be nice to see individual scores in future events, that's necessary. For now .. whoops it's weekend otherwise I could ask few times update of that, so at least when possible, an update in the forums, of those players who scored top 10 in top 3 scoring guilds would be nice

3pc
05-24-2018, 02:19 PM
I really dont understand the crystal key thing that well can you explain it more?

Draebatad
05-24-2018, 02:26 PM
I really dont understand the crystal key thing that well can you explain it more?

The Crystal Key
- Use a Crystal Key when entering the portal for a much greater chance of entering the larger, higher-scoring zones.
- Crystal Keys can be crafted via VINCENZO in the Event zone (or purchased from him directly for 2 Plat).
- Loot Crystal Key crafting components from "KRSTL" the Crystal Skeleton (found only in the Shadow Caves).

Onebigsmurfmello
05-24-2018, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the Pay to Win Event your doing big things just kidding. While most of these people on the forums Pay To Win... I’m here representing the Free to Play Community. Pay to Win people are happy all you do is feed them and don’t listen to anyone else. At this point PL is cracking the ice about to fall in.

Waug
05-24-2018, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the Pay to Win Event your doing big things just kidding. While most of these people on the forums Pay To Win... I’m here representing the Free to Play Community. Pay to Win people are happy all you do is feed them and don’t listen to anyone else. At this point PL is cracking the ice about to fall in.

Crystal is free to craft.

Xyzther
05-24-2018, 11:27 PM
Crystal is free to craft.

Wago bro you’re right. Idk what this man is saying. Portal is free anyway, the key just gives better chance to get a bigger dungeon

The newbie
05-24-2018, 11:55 PM
Is this an energy event or we can enter the event at will

Draebatad
05-25-2018, 03:44 AM
The way it is all working their are like multiple plat only guilds which will win and then the normal community won’t get anything and the gold problem will once again be the same thing.

Yes, there has been a rise in small closed plat only guilds that aim to win to control the market (and prices of these vanities) and exclude the community from accessing the prize vendor and from the first place gold farming map - this outcome is definitely possible due to the new mechanics of this second guild event counting only the scores of the top ten players per guild (as opposed the cumulative scores of the top 50, or all members like last time). It doesn't help that this event is on a holiday weekend when many are busy and traveling. These small closed plat only guilds range in size from 10-25 players. I can imagine the disappointment of the community if only such a small number of people had access to the first prize awards. Also, many who said they didn't want to leave their guilds for this event have already moved to these closed small plat only guilds, so apparently this event hasn't solved the migration of people between guilds tactic as had been expected.

In the end, for so many reasons which should be obvious, guild events apparently aren't meant for PL and must go. Bring back events that benefit the entire community if they're on during the event, like it has always been in PL. Make a free and plat map version and let us enjoy the thrill of farming for rare and special loot, at our convenience, not on a very short and inconvenient time frame. Nobody ever complained about the community-wide farming events and it would end all this disruptive mess these guild events are causing for so many players and guilds in the game and just might bring back the many people who were frustrated with the last event and haven't been active since. This time around the results might be many times worse, especially if a small group of 10-25 players take it all and control the market for these new items.

No disrespect towards cinco, he's been trying his best to keep us happy and busy, for which we're all grateful. But some things just aren't mean to be. Let's focus on what works and pleases the many, and keep this community active and thriving.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe memorial day weekend!

Absolize
05-25-2018, 04:04 AM
Yes, there has been a rise in small closed plat only guilds that aim to win to control the market (and prices of these vanities) and exclude the community from accessing the prize vendor and from the first place gold farming map - this outcome is definitely possible due to the new mechanics of this second guild event counting only the scores of the top ten players per guild (as opposed the cumulative scores of the top 50, or all members like last time). It doesn't help that this event is on a holiday weekend when many are busy and traveling. These small closed plat only guilds range in size from 10-25 players. I can imagine the disappointment of the community if only such a small number of people had access to the first prize awards. Also, many who said they didn't want to leave their guilds for this event have already moved to these closed small plat only guilds, so apparently this event hasn't solved the migration of people between guilds tactic as had been expected.

In the end, for so many reasons which should be obvious, guild events apparently aren't meant for PL and must go. Bring back events that benefit the entire community if they're on during the event, like it has always been in PL. Make a free and plat map version and let us enjoy the thrill of farming for rare and special loot, at our convenience, not on a very short and inconvenient time frame. Nobody ever complained about the community-wide farming events and it would end all this disruptive mess these guild events are causing for so many players and guilds in the game and just might bring back the many people who were frustrated with the last event and haven't been active since. This time around the results might be many times worse, especially if a small group of 10-25 players take it all and control the market for these new items.

No disrespect towards cinco, he's been trying his best to keep us happy and busy, for which we're all grateful. But some things just aren't mean to be. Let's focus on what works and pleases the many, and keep this community active and thriving.

About these events people can choose where they want to go. They are not bound to any guild, and for you to say this is kind of crazy because you and half your members has also moved guilds.

Mine AGK
05-25-2018, 04:07 AM

About these events people can choose where they want to go. They are not bound to any guild, and for you to say this is kind of crazy because you and half your members has also moved guilds.

Yes, but you seem to forget that ogzohan already locked out his guild and only recruited 20 people. Most people in all guilds are upset because everyone worked together last event, now those same people that joined PC last guild event, joined the locked out guild and screwed over EVERYONE else and have vowed to make these prices OP and control the market ober everyone else.

Oby
05-25-2018, 04:09 AM

I hope everyone has a fun and safe memorial day weekend!I... AGREE! I understand sts is trying to narrow down a way to make this work, but the simple answer is, it won't. The structure of guilds and how they work in PL, makes guild based events nearly impossible. I'm loving the vanities but I stand with many when I say the approach to distribute them is not so good. I may just be too traditional. I just love game wide events. Those definitely seems to appeal to a lot more players. Constructive criticism for sure. I am glad to see events consistently in PL, and I'll keep my plat bank filled as long as new content keeps pouring in.

Mine AGK
05-25-2018, 04:17 AM

I... AGREE! I understand sts is trying to narrow down a way to make this work, but the simple answer is, it won't. The structure of guilds and how they work in PL, makes guild based events nearly impossible. I'm loving the vanities but I stand with many when I say the approach to distribute them is not so good. I may just be too traditional. I just love game wide events. Those definitely seems to appeal to a lot more players. Constructive criticism for sure. I am glad to see events consistently in PL, and I'll keep my plat bank filled as long as new content keeps pouring in.

They screw over PC after EVERYONE has worked together on the last event. Now that a small group with EVERY single person being in PC on last guild event, this is sad. Several of those people were so grateful to work together for a common goal on the last event, now they want to shut everyone else out and control the market over everyone else, along with having the gold faucet that MOST of the player base needs in order to even complete sets or buy other items they need/want. This is very sad to see.

Idevour
05-25-2018, 04:27 AM
You guys are never happy it seems. First you guys were mad that everyone joined pc now you are mad because a select 20 people joined a small guild....please quit being so negative all the time. And of all the other people in the game you guys cant manage to try to beat us? This is what you guys wanted a guild CHALLENGE. Now you guys are crying because you see a small guild is winning it. And there is still 2 days left of the event.

bglir
05-25-2018, 04:32 AM
They screw over PC after EVERYONE has worked together on the last event. Now that a small group with EVERY single person being in PC on last guild event, this is sad. Several of those people were so grateful to work together for a common goal on the last event, now they want to shut everyone else out and control the market over everyone else, along with having the gold faucet that MOST of the player base needs in order to even complete sets or buy other items they need/want. This is very sad to see.

I don't see why 1000 plus Pocket Legends Player can't beat 20 only members from a single guild?

Mine AGK
05-25-2018, 04:41 AM

I don't see why 1000 plus Pocket Legends Player can't beat 20 only members from a single guild?

85% of your members are the main plat purchasers IN game. 100% of your members ALL joined PC to get the spoils of last guild event, then thanked them for helping? Now you decide to shut EVERYONE else in the community out AFTER pc helped you out and let ALL of you into their guild for the last event? This is why people are upset, Not just reborn. 80% of restoration joined that guild after all those in there now had joined PC to get the spoils last time. Now all of a sudden you wanna say its a "challenge" because you have a closed guild and pick and choose who you want in instead of returning the favor of what PC letting EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU in their guild for a community gain?

Mine AGK
05-25-2018, 04:50 AM
[

You guys are never happy it seems. First you guys were mad that everyone joined pc now you are mad because a select 20 people joined a small guild....please quit being so negative all the time. And of all the other people in the game you guys cant manage to try to beat us? This is what you guys wanted a guild CHALLENGE. Now you guys are crying because you see a small guild is winning it. And there is still 2 days left of the event.

Now all of a sudden youre active on forums again when its for your ENTIRE guilds personal gain AFTER PC let ALL of you into PC for a COMMUNITY gain and not greed? Yeah, now that you have 85% of the plat purchasers in game that will more then likely spend more plat then anyone else in game to have the personal gain instead of working like a community like PC did last time for EVERYONE. Yeah, totally makes sense. Personal greed and not community gain is all of a sudden okay when its against people you dont like? Total sense when people opened their doors to you and you dont return the favor. Exactly why people from EVERY guild are upset.

Oby
05-25-2018, 04:54 AM
I don't see why 1000 plus Pocket Legends Player can't beat 20 only members from a single guild?Only 10 count.

bglir
05-25-2018, 05:04 AM
[

Now all of a sudden youre active on forums again when its for your ENTIRE guilds personal gain AFTER PC let ALL of you into PC for a COMMUNITY gain and not greed? Yeah, now that you have 85% of the plat purchasers in game that will more then likely spend more plat then anyone else in game to have the personal gain instead of working like a community like PC did last time for EVERYONE. Yeah, totally makes sense. Personal greed and not community gain is all of a sudden okay when its against people you dont like? Total sense when people opened their doors to you and you dont return the favor. Exactly why people from EVERY guild are upset.

So this big Plat Spenders causing a serious Problem i see, You Should Email STG and ban all this Big Plat Spenders from any of PL Guild Event. Rather than naming them in forum and crying over it, give constructive idea and tell them how you want it to be, I'm sure PL owners will love what you have to say.

Onebigsmurfmello
05-25-2018, 05:35 AM
This game is a joke now. All you plat spenders have fun ruining the game at this point I hope this game just gets shut down so I don’t find myself wandering back hoping that things will change and be better. You really dug the grave on this one GG PL!

Stop these Guild Events and think of something else.... smh

Mine AGK
05-25-2018, 06:02 AM
These events are divissive. Making these events as a FFA event and making people FARM for these vanities would bring more revenue then both of these guild events combined. Keeping the drop rate low and increasing the spawn rate of myx slightly would work perfectly for this.

Nuwhee
05-25-2018, 06:03 AM
This game is a joke now. All you plat spenders have fun ruining the game at this point I hope this game just gets shut down so I don’t find myself wandering back hoping that things will change and be better. You really dug the grave on this one GG PL!

Stop these Guild Events and think of something else.... smh

I gotta agree with this guy. These guild events are NOT helping the game at all. I just want equal access to the vendor and gold farming stage for everyone so that there will be no drama or need to pay to be ahead in these guild events. It's creating so much problems such as try hard guilds that force players to grind their butts off just to try and snag the vendor for themselves. That is no way to make people play a game. You don't control them by forcing them to spend so much time and money on a game. Just make things equally available to everyone, Cinco. Have a heart even though this game is dying and you're trying your best to get money out of it.

Mine AGK
05-25-2018, 06:41 AM
Its not even that this caters to plat purchasers. Its dividing the community. We should go back to FFA events or a COMMUNITY event and not divide the community by putting guilds and people against eachother. PC opened their doors for EVERYONE last guild event and now get screwed over by the same people that openly thanked them on forums and even talked about "we came together as a community". They decided to turn around and screw the WHOLE ENTIRE community and locking their doors and not letting anyone in. Several members have also stated they will charge ridiculous prices on items that they use plat to craft tradable just because they dont like one person. This does the community no deal of good.

Rushlikeagod
05-25-2018, 06:55 AM
Love how cinco is trying to bring the game back from being completely dead and all you guys have to say is negative things, be grateful we are at least getting updates and events

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Waug
05-25-2018, 07:18 AM

But nothing going for ridiculous price, lel. If ppl don't wanna buy some worthless vanity at OP, rather don't buy em at all., lets sit em with those vans.

The only thing that should matter now is that the all tier gold drops shouldn't be much different than others so that everybody get the gold flow that economy lacking.

XghostzX
05-25-2018, 07:52 AM
Guild events aren’t going to work to everyone’s benefit. While there is every incentive for Event Hunters to keep their group closed, it seems to only split and divide the community. I’m in PC right now and even a lot of the members are complaining to each other in game in frustration. The last event was fun — at least everyone was in it together.

But from Cinco’s view, I can’t imagine he’s not unhappy. The plat spenders do come out, and that means more resources to make PL a better game. I think everyone needs to relax a bit, not get so caught up in one or two vanities, and recognize that more (and better) things will come. This is a very new event, and there is learning to be done.

Mine AGK
05-25-2018, 08:07 AM
@waug youre %100 correct. Several people left alts in PC for future guild events. Now the top tier people who buy plat and will spend 20+ hrs grinding the game, are in one guild, its a no brainer that they would lock out the people that let them in for the spoils in the first guild event. This is divisive and greedy to the people they used in the first guild event. This doesnt help the community at all. We need FFA events that require us to farm as groups or even solo to loot rare special vanities such as the vanities from the vendor this time around.

Buchmeister
05-25-2018, 08:10 AM
My suggestion is that no plat is involved with the actual grinding before the event ends, but only add elixirs that increase gold drops for plat in the gold farming dungeon.

Ghost has a point, the last guild event was way more fun because it inspired teamwork. This is just boring.

Mine AGK
05-25-2018, 08:15 AM
@ghost kinda funny you say youre in pc and your GM is in event hunters. Youre gonna say "theres much to be learned"? Yet this isnt about learning, this about one guild destroying the community after %100 of their members were welcomed with open arms to PC so that EVERYONE could have fun and share the spoils. Instead, we have a group of 25 people that will be the sole owners and controllers of the prices in the market. Not to mention being extremely two faced talking about the last guild event "so awesome to see the community coming together" and thanking PC for opening their doors. The greedy will control the market and have divided the community more. You have several plat purchasers that would much rather spend a substantial amount of plat to farm these items in a FFA style event just like ALL the other events we have had. Instead we have events that divide and destroy the community by putting everyone vs eachother.

Idevour
05-25-2018, 08:18 AM
[

Is it greed tho if i am only going to buy one set and am not planning on selling it at all? Everyone gets the gold map anyways lol. Please quit being the most negative person on the forums and actually try to be positive for once

Mine AGK
05-25-2018, 08:25 AM
@idevour, ONCE AGAIN, this isnt about being able to sell them. This is about being the sole owners of these items AFTER PC welcomed you and EVERYONE in <event hunters> to PC as a COMMUNITY. Not as a greedy person that wants a rare item. Instead of returning the favor, you get greedy and hog it all to yourselves after PC welcomed EVERYONE with open arms to work TOGETHER. Several of the people in <event hunters> were so thankful on forums talking about "its awesome to see the community coming together" , turn around and basically tell everyone else that HELPED them acquire the previous events spoils, to shove off based on their actions this time around in this event.

Idevour
05-25-2018, 08:33 AM
I clearly remember you amd drae being the ones who changed the event into how it is right now tho with your constant complaining about how it isnt a challenge. Now you guys are complaining when a small guild is winning it. When before during the other event i clearly remember you guys closing reborn which at the time of the event was one of two guilds with a chance at winning it.

Now tell me was that out of greed? Or was it for the community? Quit complaining about EVERY single thing that happens on this game and try to enjoy the game.

XghostzX
05-25-2018, 08:34 AM
@ghost kinda funny you say youre in pc and your GM is in event hunters. Youre gonna say "theres much to be learned"? Yet this isnt about learning, this about one guild destroying the community after %100 of their members were welcomed with open arms to PC so that EVERYONE could have fun and share the spoils. Instead, we have a group of 25 people that will be the sole owners and controllers of the prices in the market. Not to mention being extremely two faced talking about the last guild event "so awesome to see the community coming together" and thanking PC for opening their doors. The greedy will control the market and have divided the community more. You have several plat purchasers that would much rather spend a substantial amount of plat to farm these items in a FFA style event just like ALL the other events we have had. Instead we have events that divide and destroy the community by putting everyone vs eachother.

Don’t talk about others destroying the community when that’s all you do with your constantly pointing fingers and making accusations for kicks.

Sorry you and I among others aren’t able to get the vanities we would have liked... yes, it is most definitely a learning curve for Cinco.

And for players who spend plat, I can’t really help but understand why players like Event Helpers are doing what they’re doing. If you were in that guild, It’s likely you wouldn’t have contributed to their score. Why should you get the items they have worked for? Don’t blame the players.

Dolloway
05-25-2018, 08:45 AM
I just want to say a few things.

I joined Event Hunters when it was newly created and was the third member to join. At that point, we were the ultimate underdogs. We just felt like giving it a go and seeing if we could win the event with a small guild of hard workers and also plat spenders (even if you're a plat spender in this event, you still have to work hard for points). I was approached by Sunny and Zohan and we all agreed that we would just give it a shot and there would be nothing to lose. Sunny also stated that she would be contacting PC members to join Event Hunters in case they were interested also, which I believe included Oby in our private chat. I assume the result was that Oby wanted to win the event again under his guild, which is perfectly fine. Unless Sunny never contacted these high ranking PC players at all, I have no idea.

Anyway, from my point of view, the guild was pretty welcoming to players who agreed they were going to grind hard and help the guild out, regardless if they had plat. We have about ten players in this guild currently who have spent no plat at all but have helped us out tremendously through their dedication and hard work. We thank them for that.

We are obviously not going to open our guild doors after the event has already started. People are not going to leech off of our hard work (and for some, their plat spent).

Let me also be clear that I have very little say in what happens in this guild. Ultimately, the decision comes down to Zohan who is the master of the guild and the one who united this group together. Up until the very last moment, I told Zohan I was cool with anyone who desired to join us and that everyone thought would put in a lot of effort. If you weren't invited, then the group majority didn't believe that you would put the hard work in. But once the event started, the guild was permanently closed from then on.

The last community event brought us together in PC but was a highly flawed event as I said from the beginning. This event is also flawed, but in another way, as you can all see. I have been against guild challenges (at least the way they have been implemented) since the very beginning. However, as a player who likes to collect cool vanities whenever possible, I put myself in a position where I thought I might have the best possible chance to gain access to these vanities. Lots of other players are frustrated because they did not think of doing the same or didn't think Event Hunters had even a sliver of a chance of winning. There were plenty of individuals from big guilds berating us before the guild event had even happened and mocked us, saying there was no way we could have any chance of winning.

Now there are players raging at us in town when they see our guild name. I've been cussed at by several players today. Obviously there is some frustration within the community, but we shouldn't resort to low level mud-slinging as such.

Since the very beginning, I indeed stated that there were half a dozen better ideas than what Cinco had proposed for challenges. One of which was an event that brought everyone together (I.e. The community as a whole would need to gain 3m points to gain access to a vendor). Such an event would have been similar to the Forgotten chest smashing event and would have satisfied everyone.

No such event has been given to us. Instead, another guild challenge that would obviously result in more divisiveness was brought to the game. I have proposed changes that can benefit everyone, but it is up to Cinco to make those changes happen.

I am not the creator of chaos, I am simply riding the waves and trying to make my way ashore. Cinco is the ultimate decision maker. As the old saying goes, "don't hate the player, hate the game."

I likely won't respond to any replies to this post coming from players raging at me and trying to mud sling.

Mine AGK
05-25-2018, 08:51 AM
@ghost lol people planned on making a guild just specifically for EVERYONE in the community to work TOGETHER in order to recieve the spoils. That reduces the need for any one guild to have to worry about members leaving and joining. No hard feelings for anyone or between any guilds.

None of these accusations are false. Zohan and jen have stated they will make the prices on the items after crafted into tradable items riciculously over priced considering the gold sink we just recently had. EXACTLY the reason cinco had to give the winners a gold farming map.

Youre making an assumption that i wouldnt be contributing? Im after the rare vanities that are lootable and would have been nice to have the COMMUNITY COME TOGETHER to share the spoils between EVERYONE like they did before. Instead we get a group of greedy players that shut out, even their own guildies to participate in 1 guild and not help their original guild out. Thats why everyone is upset. Not just reborn and PC. EVERYONE.

Buchmeister
05-25-2018, 09:28 AM
There was no word that Event Hunters was closing their doors. I was ready to spend just as much plat as anybody else.

Honestly the whole idea is kind of annoying. Members want to keep items exclusive just to boost their prices, because there's no other reason to not join PC. I'm against closed guilds in general anyways. Plus, everybody knows that this event comes down to who has the most plat.

Guild events in general still have a long ways to go.

Cinco
05-25-2018, 09:32 AM
Couple of things.

First, I want to thank you guys for making the first Guild Event my most successful event ever.
(My criteria for judging what works and what doesn't work may be a bit different from yours.)

Second, I want to wish all of you luck in Guild Event II!