View Full Version : System says "hello" before an update!!!!! Look!!

Elementron
11-12-2011, 07:27 AM
Ok people, So yesterday while I was playing PL There was an update to fix the "extra" access to the halloween place, and it was doing the minute countdown, And right after it announced the third minute... The system said hello, It even appeared in that notifications thing on the top right of screen, And all my friends got it too. And there is a picture here for proof! So... Isn't this a little strange? Comment what you think....

Draopwnzall
11-12-2011, 07:30 AM
You do know the system always talks to you before an update right? Lol once it said i love you

themars
11-12-2011, 07:31 AM
It's normal, I had it too. U need to know devs can let the system say what they want. So if they want to say hello every people can see this. I love it when they do that :-o

RedRyder
11-12-2011, 07:34 AM
Lol at pink droppage x2

You do know the system always talks to you before an update right? Lol once it said i love you

That is false. The 'always' part is the actual repeated announcement along with the time remaining every minute. The system rarely talks to you. Nice find Elementron!

Skeletonlord
11-12-2011, 07:38 AM
Never noticed this before

Silentarrow
11-12-2011, 07:40 AM
Lol, the pink drop rate is not x2 :). I've never seen the system talk, it's pretty rare.

Draopwnzall
11-12-2011, 07:52 AM
I've seen the system talk numerous times.*

Xazic
11-12-2011, 07:59 AM
It does talk sometimes ;)
Once it called that the devs are around balefort distributing antennas. Well after that there were just 3 people out of the 10 in the ctf game >_>

Kakatoa91
11-12-2011, 08:03 AM
The server is alive.
It talks quite often actually.

:p

JaytB
11-12-2011, 08:04 AM
The system is starting to be aware, we're merely witnessing the birth of AI *creepy sci-fi music*

Time to put my tin foil hat back on :D

zappaxe
11-12-2011, 08:30 AM
I think the server talks alot before and after updates lol

oneslybird
11-12-2011, 08:33 AM
Hey maybe its not but once at frozen nightmares I swear it was x2 I got 8 pinks in one game -.-

Elementron
11-12-2011, 08:35 AM
Thanks guys!! I actually never saw that before!! So I was pretty amazed and suspicious.

Elementron
11-12-2011, 08:37 AM
I've seen the system talk numerous times.*
You don't have to put a star and "pretend" to correct your post. There is an edit button. Please use it. This will help all of us, by getting rid of spam. Thanks. ;)

Silentarrow
11-12-2011, 09:15 AM
You don't have to put a star and "pretend" to correct your post. There is an edit button. Please use it. This will help all of us, by getting rid of spam. Thanks. ;)

I'm confused?

13lacklegionz
11-12-2011, 09:27 AM

I'm pretty sure he didn't mean to boost his post count. It wasn't spam either, because he's providing his view on the discussion, and he didn't repeat it numerous times.

Hmmm...

Roc
11-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Anywhooooo, if the system did come alive, which sentient AI do you think it would be most like?! :p

Redbridge
11-12-2011, 10:27 AM
WARNING WARNING - FORUM POLICE ALERT!!!

:dejection:

People, does it really matter whether or not people edit, triple post, etc? A polite & well worded response pointing people to the forums rules (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?1768-Message-Forum-Rules) and forum FAQ's (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/faq.php) normally suffices, we're all equal aren't? Or are some of us more equal that others....LOL

Back on topic - i've seen the system speak a few times, didn't i read somewhere that you can actually send a message to the user 'SYSTEM' (i.e. /t system hello) when it's logged in on the rare occasion for system updates and stuff?

Anywhooooo, if the system did come alive, which sentient AI do you think it would be most like?! :p

K9?

Matutd
11-12-2011, 11:48 AM
before nuris, i saw one that said there was gonna be an update and then, 'no its not...', because every body thought it was gonna be nuris update :p

Elementron
11-12-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm pretty sure he didn't mean to boost his post count. It wasn't spam either, because he's providing his view on the discussion, and he didn't repeat it numerous times.

Hmmm...
Very true, lol. I agree with ya. But still.

JaytB
11-12-2011, 02:09 PM

I'm sorry, please don't be offended. But you have to admit that's a funny comment, coming from someone who just double posted, and created another thread were he/she openly admitted it was created for the sole purpose of boosting his/her posts.

As said, not meant to be offensive, I just thought it was funny :)

KTpantyhose
11-12-2011, 02:23 PM
system is always saying i love you or hello.

Onaraasider
11-12-2011, 08:30 PM
once it said" yes, i have cookies". i was really confused then.i think some ppl communicate with the system using /t system

Elementron
11-12-2011, 08:31 PM
I'm sorry, please don't be offended. But you have to admit that's a funny comment, coming from someone who just double posted, and created another thread were he/she openly admitted it was created for the sole purpose of boosting his/her posts.

As said, not meant to be offensive, I just thought it was funny :)
I can't disagree, It IS pretty funny. But you gotta understand. I'm new to these forums. I'm used to being on other forums. Therefore, PLEASE PLEASE forgive me if I do something that you and your people "Can't handle".

Draopwnzall
11-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Big deal.

Suentous PO
11-12-2011, 09:12 PM
When I used to see system warnings I thought it was funny to run around sayin stuff like " the world is coming to an end, say your prayers" and such. System Got back to me on my " wit ".
Luls

Elementron
11-13-2011, 01:35 AM
When I used to see system warnings I thought it was funny to run around sayin stuff like " the world is coming to an end, say your prayers" and such. System Got back to me on my " wit ".
Luls
lol, The world is ending and the gods are taking over? You people are FUNNY... lol :)

n00b13st
11-21-2011, 08:26 PM

I wish I'd seen that. Anybody have a screenshot?

noobmigo
11-21-2011, 08:28 PM
It'd be even cooler if it said "herro"

n00b13st
11-21-2011, 08:30 PM
WARNING WARNING - FORUM POLICE ALERT!!!

:dejection:

People, does it really matter whether or not people edit, triple post, etc? A polite & well worded response pointing people to the forums rules (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?1768-Message-Forum-Rules) and forum FAQ's (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/faq.php) normally suffices, we're all equal aren't? Or are some of us more equal that others....LOL

Back on topic - i've seen the system speak a few times, didn't i read somewhere that you can actually send a message to the user 'SYSTEM' (i.e. /t system hello) when it's logged in on the rare occasion for system updates and stuff?

K9?

OMG, thank you thank you thank you!!! I've been searching for several days now for the forum rules (since I learned that they are not just the same TOS / etc. that I'm used to in game.) You gave the link I have not been able to find in all my searching!

+1 because I can't +1000.
:applause:

n00b13st
11-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Luls

Thanks a bunch for the pic! I like it so much I added it to my sig.

EDIT: Er, I thought I did. Hmm. Try again? Fail. Oh well.

Suentous PO
11-22-2011, 09:26 PM
For n00b13st
'ere ya go-
Cheers

NYCFanMan
11-22-2011, 09:30 PM
I love STS

Cytokinesis
11-22-2011, 09:32 PM
I love STS
and STS loves u :rolleyes:

Spekticle
11-22-2011, 09:44 PM
GUYS THE SYSTEM IS GOD OF ALTERRA
Duh...

:-)

Swimmingstar
11-22-2011, 10:20 PM
I once think Samhayne or Asommers were secretly invisible in a ctf game I was doing because they were responding to everything I said... on the system...