PDA

View Full Version : disconnects

JazzBlue
11-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Hey,

Starting last night, and even more so this morning, I'm disconnecting all the time from SL, even though my internet connection is working just fine. I can sometimes get in the game, but when I do about 75% of the time I try and switch levels, or join a game, i disconnect.

When this happens, I get the "servers are up, but you can't connect" message.

I have tried the following.

1 - restarting app
2 - rebooting device
3 - reinstalling app
4 - restarting app & device again.

Using an iPad2 over wifi from my home high-speed connection.

Not likely it's my internet connection, as I live out in the country with no poachers around.

Any suggestions for anything else I can try on my end would be greatly appreciated.

This all started to happen right after last night's patch went in place.

Player ID's are JazzBlue & SpeedYellow, and I only play from the one device. I tried the chrome version a few weeks ago, but other than that, I haven't used anything besides my iPad2, so there should be no other devices attached to my account.

Causing me to waste some plat, as I've been trying to do XP runs with enhancers, so I'm getting a bit frustrated here, and I'm not sure what steps I can take on my end at this point.

Thanks for any help you can provide. If you need any more info from me please let me know, either here in the thread or PM.

javier995
11-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Maybe you have too much apps. Try clearing up some memory to see if that helps.

JazzBlue
11-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Good suggestion, but no help. I had already shut down ALL the open apps I had before rebooting this last time. Only things open are Safari, system preferences, and SL.

It's a 16gb iPad with 14gb capacity, and 11.x gb free space.

Not overloaded on storage or on memory.

javier995
11-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Ahhh. Does it crash on start up or just in the game?

Moogerfooger
11-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Has happened to me a couple of times as well...I'll go to rejoin a new game/run and I will get the 'failed to connect' message. I close the app, restart and it works fine. Until it crashes again a while later. My connection is fine and working as it always does.

JazzBlue
11-12-2011, 02:04 PM
it's been crashing at both times. During login, and when I can get in, I may only be able to make a few runs before it crashes again.

I've done all the usual troubleshooting. cable modem reboot, router reboot, iPad reboot, reinstall app, etc.

So much for grinding at all today. Maybe tomorrow. Got more to do this afternoon to get the house ready for winter, so I doubt I'll be around til tomorrow at this point. Hopefully giving it a little time will help.