PDA

View Full Version : Questions on gear drops

Away
07-09-2010, 06:18 AM
Hello Spacetimers,

I'm wondering how you guys usually farm for your high level/end gear, and how do you know what bosses drop what gear?

Thanks in advance

Royce
07-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Before AO2, it didn't matter, all bosses could drop any piece of gear. Now that has changed. I think people mostly found out through trial and error, running a map over and over to see what drops and then moving to the next one. Other people just waited for the info to spread through word of mouth. Also, as for how people farm, it seems to me that about 4/5 or so of farming groups just run through the level, without killing common mobs, to kill the boss, while the other 1/5 kill all the way, only skipping mobs in corridors that don't lead to a boss.

v5point0
07-10-2010, 05:17 AM
I Still Like Killing Mobs, I really don't like running. Time wasting yes, but for the extra Kill stat and money and thrash loot to liquidate for money - I feel it is worth it. Also for my superstitious believe that you get a better loot drop for your efforts :P

Theremin
07-10-2010, 06:12 AM
Wouldn't THAT be noble if that was truly the case, v5? :)

Away
07-10-2010, 06:14 AM
I Still Like Killing Mobs, I really don't like running. Time wasting yes, but for the extra Kill stat and money and thrash loot to liquidate for money - I feel it is worth it. Also for my superstitious believe that you get a better loot drop for your efforts :P

If only this were true =/

v5point0
07-10-2010, 06:42 AM
Wouldn't THAT be noble if that was truly the case, v5? :)

If only this were true =/

Was in Plasma and some Mage noob suggested we run, everyone died in the next 20 secs - Another reason why I hate running! I have pulled it off in an experienced group many times, the difference is nobody screws up in them. If you do decide to run, attacking while running is a bad idea for yourself and for the rest of the crew. Buffing and Debuffing Moves are fine though but not hostile ones. I guess it has been the case that am always in an inexperienced PUG group and so this leaves me in a situation that running = failure.

KingFu
07-10-2010, 09:50 AM
I learn from experience and rumors, simple as that. If you farm a lot, you will notice that a boss has dropped, let's say, 3 pink daggers out of 8 runs, then you realize that, that boss drops daggers, you go back, double check that theory, when it's confirmed you go tell your friends and it spreads around PL like a wild fire!

Banned
07-10-2010, 11:53 AM
I learn from experience and rumors, simple as that. If you farm a lot, you will notice that a boss has dropped, let's say, 3 pink daggers out of 8 runs, then you realize that, that boss drops daggers, you go back, double check that theory, when it's confirmed you go tell your friends and it spreads around PL like a wild fire!

That was me. :D

maneut
07-10-2010, 01:02 PM

Ok, I'm ready for the next wild fire rumor... where does that Djinn Wand drops???? :p

SamTheDog
07-11-2010, 01:21 PM
When not in AO I and II , I've been leveling up sub characters, ranging from 5th to 34th, for the last week or so. And other than skeller, I've not seen any pinks. Not just for me, but for anyone in the parties I've run in. I don't think that I've seen more than 3 or 4 purps in LE and nothing in the swamps. I know that they nerfed some of the drop rates, but I'm puzzled why I get a boat load of AO pinks and hardly anything elsewhere.

v5point0
07-11-2010, 07:42 PM
I never farmed in LE, but leveling up there, I have got a few pinks without any effort but this was a while back when the campaign was still new. They may have nerfed it now. Ancient Swamps, now I actually farmed but I got like 3 pinks only. I hate that campaign mainly for the wasted efforts and massive increase of my death toll.

kanle
07-13-2010, 12:55 AM

yes,i agree

Theremin
07-18-2010, 03:34 AM
I never farmed in LE, but leveling up there, I have got a few pinks without any effort but this was a while back when the campaign was still new. They may have nerfed it now. Ancient Swamps, now I actually farmed but I got like 3 pinks only. I hate that campaign mainly for the wasted efforts and massive increase of my death toll.

I did a majority of my dying in the Swamps as well. The bosses in there are just that: BOSSES. It's a shame that the lower level campaigns don't have more epic loot items available for those of us who still take our alternate characters and level them up accordingly. It's almost like the DEVs nerfed the loot drops, and since most everyone is at the current level cap, adjusting them isn't a top priority.

reality_storm
07-20-2010, 11:14 PM

lol,that's why I farm AO2 map2, those mummies fall as you rush through them, giving you kill count and minimal gold/loot to liquidate.