PDA

View Full Version : Balance Feedback

Justg
05-29-2018, 10:50 AM
Please use this thread to provide balance feedback. What is OP? What needs a buff or a nerf? What other upgrades should we consider? Thanks!

Poisontips
05-29-2018, 11:49 AM
Fire rate, multishot and damage seem to be op. The burn shots are kinda lack luster imo the dot it does seems pretty weak. From what I’ve seen so far though any build can beat any build. If you catch your opponent slacking and get the first shot or two off it’s lights out even if there is a level gap between us. I’ve killed lvl 16s while I was much lower with not much effort.

As far as upgrades I think something like a 1 time use rocket launcher/sniper type upgrade would be interesting. Something that only gives you a couple shots but is like a 1 shot kill. . If you want the op upgrade it’ll only provide a few shots and you would have to sacrifice picking a diff upgrade that you would normally have for the entire game by choosing it.

Stonedincali
05-30-2018, 08:28 PM
One little issue. The death spawn. Can we get a couple of seconds to at least run away?
On a crowded map it is frustrating to get instaspatted....
Love the way the game flows. The desperate run is the best! Full of stuff just wanting to get free!!! Hahaha very well done.

Schnitzel
05-30-2018, 09:24 PM
One little issue. The death spawn. Can we get a couple of seconds to at least run away?
On a crowded map it is frustrating to get instaspatted....
Love the way the game flows. The desperate run is the best! Full of stuff just wanting to get free!!! Hahaha very well done.

I second this. Should have an invincibility period for a bit after spawn so you cant get spawn killed instantly.

zayoe
05-31-2018, 12:14 AM
Oooh game sounds fun. Canít wait for post alpha

Dalmony
05-31-2018, 06:00 PM
From what I can gather you get amazing results by taking Fire rate, multi shot, piercing shot and damage.

I’ve had very limited success mixing in anything else - adding armour or health doesn’t seem to combat someone who has added damage based buffs but rather feels like I’ve disadvantaged myself.

I think some explanation somewhere of what the upgrades do would be useful - its taken me until today to have someone fire at me through a wall and realise what piercing shot does... but what does a second upgrade of this add? Same with blast shot what actually is that etc etc.

Zojak
05-31-2018, 06:47 PM
Am i the only one that feels the bots are juuust a tad bit too OP now? their aimbot.exe seems to be tweeked a little too high :P

Poisontips
05-31-2018, 08:34 PM
Am i the only one that feels the bots are juuust a tad bit too OP now? their aimbot.exe seems to be tweeked a little too high :P

I agree they seem a bit too accurate now

angeldawn
06-01-2018, 06:14 AM
The bots are much more aggressive and will swarm you. I fear the bots now more than people ;p

BRYBE
06-01-2018, 08:01 AM
Magnet is so useless it only pull something really near you sometimes you cant even see the pullings

angeldawn
06-01-2018, 08:33 AM
Magnet is so useless it only pull something really near you sometimes you cant even see the pullings

I like magnet a lot. Especially after a kill. Brings everything right to you. You do have to be somewhat close but it feels reasonable to me.

I have had to change up my build recently and I had to drop magnet from my build line up and I miss not having it lol.

BRYBE
06-01-2018, 09:46 AM
I like magnet a lot. Especially after a kill. Brings everything right to you. You do have to be somewhat close but it feels reasonable to me.

I have had to change up my build recently and I had to drop magnet from my build line up and I miss not having it lol.

I know its good thats why ive tried it but the pulling range at magnet 1x is so small better choose other upgrade because you can just move a bit more to collect items

Stonedincali
06-01-2018, 10:46 AM
Did the bots get an upgrade? I got pounded mercilessly yesterday!
They seem to all have the ability to lock on target and never miss!
Or is it I was just tired?

Poisontips
06-01-2018, 10:55 AM
Did the bots get an upgrade? I got pounded mercilessly yesterday!
They seem to all have the ability to lock on target and never miss!
Or is it I was just tired?

Haha yeah they definitely got buffed up a day or two ago

Nipunsky
06-01-2018, 11:19 AM
Yep, Buffed a lot. Also their defense is better along with the obvious offence buff. They easily run away from fire even if you have the slowness ability

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Schnitzel
06-01-2018, 05:40 PM
In terms of balance, i just want to say, if you're running around with upgrades, and so is everyone else and you get killed, suddenly once you respawn you realize the chance of you getting back to where you were is suddenly more difficult if not impossible sometimes. The part where you have to pay to respawn just doesn't really feel worth the spending to restart, then probably get one shot by a higher level.

I think if we're going to pay to respawn, there should at least be some sort of "spawn buff" so you at least get a competitive chance rather than getting killed immediately after paying

XghostzX
06-01-2018, 07:57 PM
In terms of balance, i just want to say, if you're running around with upgrades, and so is everyone else and you get killed, suddenly once you respawn you realize the chance of you getting back to where you were is suddenly more difficult if not impossible sometimes. The part where you have to pay to respawn just doesn't really feel worth the spending to restart, then probably get one shot by a higher level.

I think if we're going to pay to respawn, there should at least be some sort of "spawn buff" so you at least get a competitive chance rather than getting killed immediately after paying

Depending on the state of the game, I find that other upgrades are better utilized ó you want to get an early jump on health/regen and, what I believe to be the most underrated upgrades, 2x cash! One of my favorites to getting back into the game quickly.

Zojak
06-01-2018, 11:06 PM
Yep, Buffed a lot. Also their defense is better along with the obvious offence buff. They easily run away from fire even if you have the slowness ability

It feels like after todays update they got buffed even more, they're VERY hard and even more aggressive than before.

angeldawn
06-02-2018, 07:08 AM
It feels like after todays update they got buffed even more, they're VERY hard and even more aggressive than before.

Thatís funny I felt the opposite..well kinda. It seems now bots have different personalities. Some are more aggressive and some are slower and less intelligent.

Edit: I played again this morningó-they are still pretty aggressive and mighty deadly for being low levels. I wonder if it depends on the map you are playing. Like Street is smaller so they are always on top of you.

Different subject
Remarks about leveling up:
When playing durning dev playtimes, I find it hard and a very lengthy process to level up. Because it feels like forever, I donít want to escape because I donít want to go through that grind again.

Additional though:
I was also thinking that maybe there should be a time limit someone can lay dead before reviving. I have had to step away before because of my little one and came back and was still dead. I think a short time period would be nice but it should be limited.

Stonedincali
06-02-2018, 07:48 AM
First off let me say....
Well done STS!!!
Gameplay is frantic, yet strategy plays a huge part of the game. Would like more choices in weapons, but I understand space restrictions. Would like to have bots more recognizable, ie flame not, or freeze not. It better I believe when starting to be able to know which weapons do what.
Bots tend to have too good of aim, but they are easily dodged.
Love the leaderboard!!!
Changes weekly would be cool, give us enough time to get on, but then again people can't be on forever with 4 Trillion kills while you have 82!
Would love to have emotes in game to interact on the battlefield.... Like thumbs up when OMG smokes me as the pod is almost mine!!!!! (Hahaha nice shot friend) ECT....
Awesome game!
Great fun
I would like to be able to interact, part of why I have been playing AL, is the people I call friend from around the world. Incorporate that into this game and I'm hooked for life!!!

Nipunsky
06-03-2018, 07:48 AM
It feels like after todays update they got buffed even more, they're VERY hard and even more aggressive than before.Rip

Poisontips
06-04-2018, 08:10 PM
can a player with fully upgraded health and armor withstand a point blank kamikaze barrel blast? Happened to me a few times where I’m right on top of them but only I die. Wondering if this is lag or intentional?

BRYBE
06-05-2018, 06:15 AM
can a player with fully upgraded health and armor withstand a point blank kamikaze barrel blast? Happened to me a few times where I’m right on top of them but only I die. Wondering if this is lag or intentional?

You also can survive with 0 armor upgrade and 2 hp upgrade

BRYBE
06-05-2018, 07:38 AM

Before168521
After168522

Schnitzel
06-12-2018, 02:51 PM
One thing I've noticed is that if you're Lvl16 with piercing shot + multishot + fire rate + homing shot + burning shot + some optional range, you're practically overpowered, or at least very difficult to kill. You hit through walls and the aimbot makes the bullets fly into the enemy. Then if they don't die, burning shot kills them.

The only way it seems to actually take down someone like that is if a bunch of people team up. But most of the time, all the lower levels are busy killing all the other lower levels so.. that lvl16 guy can basically kill everyone

BRYBE
06-12-2018, 10:10 PM
One thing I've noticed is that if you're Lvl16 with piercing shot + multishot + fire rate + homing shot + burning shot + some optional range, you're practically overpowered, or at least very difficult to kill. You hit through walls and the aimbot makes the bullets fly into the enemy. Then if they don't die, burning shot kills them.

The only way it seems to actually take down someone like that is if a bunch of people team up. But most of the time, all the lower levels are busy killing all the other lower levels so.. that lvl16 guy can basically kill everyone

Dats me :p the lvl 16

Justg
06-12-2018, 10:15 PM

You can counter this with all range and zoom outs and a few damage upgrades, then stalk and plink away.

BRYBE
06-12-2018, 10:30 PM
You can counter this with all range and zoom outs and a few damage upgrades, then stalk and plink away.

Dont forgot the homing shot or itll be hard

Schnitzel
06-12-2018, 11:50 PM

True, but rngsus is not always so kind as to allow level up upgrades to always give range/zoom/dmg options (unless you give him a plat and he gives another chance)
All of that of course is assuming that you live long enough to get said upgrades before the lvl 16 mows you back down

On a side note, team death match when?

Dragonsalt
06-13-2018, 02:10 AM
I feel as though the slow shot is a bit much at times. I know it only has one level (thankfully), but it seems to be really OP. It slows enemies down by like 50% and makes it super easy to kill things even if you arenít lvl 12+. I think the slowing shot should have 2 levels instead of 1 to make it harder to get to. The first level would be slightly slow and the second could be the current lvl 1 or maybe less. I personally think that itís a must when youíre over lvl 10+ in a match just because of how insane it currently is.

Irg
06-14-2018, 09:14 AM
Before168521
After168522

I still get one shot when i have 3armor 3health if its close enough

BRYBE
06-14-2018, 09:30 AM
I still get one shot when i have 3armor 3health if its close enough

You mean if you handle the barrel?

Babyrog
06-15-2018, 11:06 PM
Justg i have a problem i dont know why through the game, i wasnt able to shoot at a point . Is it because lag? But my wifi status is 5 bars so its just weird when i am not able to shoot and others kill me

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Irg
06-15-2018, 11:07 PM
Yes the lag is really an issue, also the way it lags makes it even worse

Babyrog
06-15-2018, 11:14 PM
Yes the lag is really an issue, also the way it lags makes it even worseI barely can do anything... i was like max lvl 16 and 18k points . When lags hits me i was devastated

BRYBE
06-15-2018, 11:48 PM
I barely can do anything... i was like max lvl 16 and 18k points . When lags hits me i was devastated

Thatís sad :(

Babyrog
06-16-2018, 12:30 AM
Ye D:

Escanor
06-16-2018, 07:06 AM
The leech shoot, I escaped multiple times from dying shooting bombs and recovering a lot of HP. I use it but I don't find it fair.

Meliodas

Babyrog
06-16-2018, 07:31 AM
The leech shoot, I escaped multiple times from dying shooting bombs and recovering a lot of HP. I use it but I don't find it fair.

MeliodasWhar does leech shot does?

Escanor
06-16-2018, 10:12 AM
Steals 50 HP to bombs