View Full Version : You need to complete all floors of M6 to go to expansion?

Spheresome
05-31-2018, 09:34 PM
I've never heard of this or seen it said from a dev before, I've completed all 6 floors, but if you need to complete all 6 floors I think this should be changed.

Can i get a dev confirmation pls? TY~

Lethoiun
05-31-2018, 11:17 PM
The festerfang map is a new place, it's not part of the maus floors? So I would say no...

badgirlchlo
06-01-2018, 12:20 AM
The festerfang map is a new place, it's not part of the maus floors? So I would say no...

i think he means u need to defeat maus 6 to get there, in the past u needed to complete the map before u go to the next so maybe u need to unlock all floors before continuing

Nohealth
06-01-2018, 01:50 AM
The festerfang map is a new place, it's not part of the maus floors? So I would say no...It actually is part of Mausoleum, check the first picture in latest thread.

I unlocked it yesterday just in case, took me one day of running with randoms and few with friends between floor 1 and 4. Was kinda fun after all and not so hard lol.

Kaaziii
06-01-2018, 01:26 PM
It actually is part of Mausoleum, check the first picture in latest thread.

I unlocked it yesterday just in case, took me one day of running with randoms and few with friends between floor 1 and 4. Was kinda fun after all and not so hard lol.

Remember Floor six is the top most part of mausoleum....New maps are shown in a part of world map that is far from Somberhault itself...Maybe the storyline goes such that we find a hidden route within first floor of mausoleum that has the portal to travel to festerfang..or i might be wrong since STS introduced variety of methods to acquire Lightbearer points faster, In that case the portal could be in floor six...And yes the sneak peak pic also shows a transition from mausoleum to new map( funny enough its also named transition) https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180601/e3556e52f4aea7d0023da3ce319aed41.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ucamaeben
06-01-2018, 01:45 PM
I say make it a requirement to have finished maus 6 to access specific content. Reward those who took the time to complete it. Also, STS has given every opportunity to accelerate through maus levels.... with lightbearer points.

Just my opinion.

Lojack
06-01-2018, 02:08 PM
"In that case the portal could be in floor six"
That would be weird.

Carapace
06-01-2018, 02:31 PM
We're still deciding on what restrictions may apply, if any, to get to Festerfang

BRYBE
06-01-2018, 02:32 PM
That would be weird.

Itll be in all floor and even graveyard then?

BRYBE
06-01-2018, 02:34 PM
We're still deciding on what restrictions may apply, if any, to get to Festerfang

Just make it normal have no time to farm to floor 6 smh

Rauitri
06-01-2018, 02:48 PM
As seen on the transition. In my opinion, It only makes sense that the M6 door will lead u to that new map.

Some say that it could be in any floor, and that made no sense. The purpose of the M1 door is to lead you to the following floor which is M2, M2 door bring's you to M3 and so on.

M6 in the other hand we haven't found out yet where it lead's, as clearly it isn't M7, but most assume it should be the portal to the new map that will open the gateway. We thought of it being at the M6 door because it makes sense.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Lojack
06-01-2018, 02:53 PM
It's not going to be INSIDE the Maus

Rauitri
06-01-2018, 02:54 PM
Then that transition is misleading to some.

Justg
06-01-2018, 02:55 PM
Then that transition is misleading to some.

Sneak Peeks y'all. Sneak peeks.

angeltenebro
06-01-2018, 03:05 PM
Hopefully it is not! :( I’m one of those non-maus runner...

Ucamaeben
06-01-2018, 03:24 PM
There’s got to be a balance somehow between rewarding maus beasts and those who chose to not run it!

For instance, order jewels work for expansion (please 🐵🙈🙊) if you’ve completed floor 6 as a reward! Tier the dmg somehow based on maus points to where you get all the dmg benefit if you have 1 million maus points or something like that.

Omg way to obvious but I’m putting it out there anyway! Haha.

Tippertwo
06-01-2018, 03:53 PM
Hopefully it is not! :( I’m one of those non-maus runner...

Me too! Hate maus :p but I’m running it still just in case u need all 6 floors.

Oakmaiden
06-01-2018, 04:05 PM
Yes, players should have to complete previous maps!

Jausa
06-01-2018, 04:15 PM
You ran mauso for your own interests so quit crying.
There’s got to be a balance somehow between rewarding maus beasts and those who chose to not run it!

For instance, order jewels work for expansion (please [emoji204][emoji85][emoji87]) if you’ve completed floor 6 as a reward! Tier the dmg somehow based on maus points to where you get all the dmg benefit if you have 1 million maus points or something like that.

Omg way to obvious but I’m putting it out there anyway! Haha.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Spheresome
06-01-2018, 04:33 PM
That would be weird.

Sneak Peeks y'all. Sneak peeks.

TYSM for all of your responses~

Oakmaiden
06-01-2018, 06:15 PM
You ran mauso for your own interests so quit crying.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

“We” ran Somberholt because its a part of the game. If “you” didn’t, then that’s your prerogative. I think maybe you’ll be the one crying if it proves to be necessary in order to access the new maps. After all, it’s how all the other maps were ran.

Kaaziii
06-01-2018, 06:17 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180601/cfd6e7bf6d1fd6af97f0b5f3ad727c6a.png

Fyrce
06-01-2018, 08:49 PM
Maus 5&6 are elite levels. No elite zone has ever been required to an expansion. That being said, it'd be cool if you have to run through graveyard to get to haunted dock to festerfang haha.

Snowman Is here
06-01-2018, 09:13 PM
I thought mausoleum floors were technically dungeons and not an official map like in previous expansions, so I don’t see why people would have to complete a dungeon to progress into the expansion. We didn’t have to in order to get into Somberholt so I don’t think mausoleum should be the gateway into the new zone.

Magemagix
06-01-2018, 10:11 PM

For instance, order jewels work for expansion (please [emoji204][emoji85][emoji87]) if you’ve completed floor 6 as a reward! Tier the dmg somehow based on maus points to where you get all the dmg benefit if you have 1 million maus points or something like that.

Omg way to obvious but I’m putting it out there anyway! Haha.-1 to this.

This expansion has crocodiles etc while maus had skeleton. So pretty sure they arent linked. Other than maybe entrance to new town for the first time.

Order jewels were meant to be exclusive for maus. Not for other maps.

Also giving buff to ppl jst becoz they have higher maus points makes no sense. Think abt new players they will nvr like the expansion becoz of this reason. (not everyone has enough gold to pop open red eggs or currency chest)

Seems like too much old player centred nd for personal gain.

Sent from my 2014818 using Tapatalk

Eatdamage
06-02-2018, 12:27 AM
As you clear up the Mausoleum maps you go deeper (underground) into it, not higher. If Mausoleum 6 must connect to something I hope its a totally new elite mine or an elite tomb that is a sub part of the Festerfang. Just like the Planar tombs was a part of the Shuyal.

In the 19th century Jules Verne thought massive reptiles lived below us. Its only appropriate we get to punch these crocs in the 21st.

(Noticed one NPC of the upcoming expansion has a french name. Jules was a frenchman too :D)

BRYBE
06-02-2018, 12:52 AM
Me too! Hate maus :p but I’m running it still just in case u need all 6 floors.

I could fall to a deep sleep after 5 sec in maus ;) *too boring*

BRYBE
06-02-2018, 12:58 AM
As you clear up the Mausoleum maps you go deeper (underground) into it, not higher.

Hmmm festerfang map have sky hmmm

Ebereasider
06-02-2018, 02:03 AM
I can't understand why some people still debating whether the new map entrance is gonna be in maus or not, even few hours after a dev said:

How much clarification do you guys need...?

Nohealth
06-02-2018, 02:16 AM
I can't understand why some people still debating whether the new map entrance is gonna be in maus or not, even few hours after a dev said:

How much clarification do you guys need...?Because some people just need attention, some like to cry and others just prefer to do both :D

Azerothraven
06-02-2018, 06:59 AM
Wait so is it actually gonna be inside Mausoleum or not?

Ebereasider
06-02-2018, 07:16 AM
Wait so is it actually gonna be inside Mausoleum or not?

Wait what's that awful smell? Is it a mountain troll...?

RedeZy
06-02-2018, 08:09 AM
I don't agree, it shouldn't be a requirement to complete maus to unlock the latest expansion, maus wasn't the last expansion so why use it as a access point? Those new players that actually decide to stay and play the game aren't going to grind till maus 6 just to unlock the new content. It's never been that way and it never should. New content is NEW content and should have no relation to previous content.

arcanefid
06-02-2018, 10:11 AM
I think just having level 64+ should be enough to enter the new zones.

Mausoleum and raid zone shouldn't be linked with the new zones I think. They have their own achievements and quest lines.

Also, new players will not have to work on old stuff to enter the new one, but just move on directly. If they want the APs then they'll have to run through em anyway.

Tippertwo
06-02-2018, 11:27 AM

It’s going to be outside the maus connecting to floor 6 right? Lol

Spheresome
06-02-2018, 03:23 PM
imo, leave the past behind and begin a new future. Nothing should connect everything should be new. Let's leave (what i think to be) the depression of AL and start anew ;D

Tuhguhbuhbuh
06-02-2018, 05:33 PM
STS, please think of new players that join this game, and not make access too restrictive to enter FesterFang expac.
Thank you.

Susanne
06-02-2018, 06:23 PM
I'm fed up with Maus, miserable place..just so depressing. It's been too long a wait for new maps, got to be over 2 years. The forgotten ruins are no better but the name is apt. Thank goodness we had some good events.

Suentous PO
06-02-2018, 09:57 PM
On one hand I'd rather that folks have to complete the majority of old content to get to the new map (which has been the precedent generally) but, we've seen a lot of people who have moved to endgame easily (due to eggs ect) and I'd rather not shut out newer generations (or Alts) for the benefit of the game and its continued growth.

I'm fed up with Maus, miserable place..just so depressing.

What's depressing about meeting strangers, killing them and taking their money?! o.O

BRYBE
06-03-2018, 12:32 AM
It’s going to be outside the maus connecting to floor 6 right? Lol

Lmfaoooooo XD

Susanne
06-03-2018, 03:47 AM
On one hand I'd rather that folks have to complete the majority of old content to get to the new map (which has been the precedent generally) but, we've seen a lot of people who have moved to endgame easily (due to eggs ect) and I'd rather not shut out newer generations (or Alts) for the benefit of the game and its continued growth.

What's depressing about meeting strangers, killing them and taking their money?! o.O

Like a highwayman on horseback? Now that would be exciting. Whatever, it doesn't really affect me because I completed Mausoleum ages ago. I find it boring now 😴 The maps are a tad depressing because let's face it...the clue is in the name, Mausoleum. It wouldn't be fair to expect players who haven't completed it to be denied access to new maps. I am entitled to my opinion 😜

TooPure
06-03-2018, 05:13 PM
I'm fed up with Maus, miserable place..just so depressing. It's been too long a wait for new maps, got to be over 2 years. The forgotten ruins are no better but the name is apt. Thank goodness we had some good events.

You forgot about Nightmare map "_"

TooPure
06-03-2018, 05:46 PM
Because some people just need attention, some like to cry and others just prefer to do both :D

I dont need any attention thats why i JOINED forum and post instead of just pming friends to know news and to give opinions :)

Suentous PO
06-04-2018, 07:42 PM
@ Avikk
I think we're on the same page as far as wanting the caps to have something to do with each other and wish we did have more of an overarching story to be revisited with each expansion.
Too often the story is just-
This dude and his dudes came here to do stuff, but we punched him.

Also I would love if the bis gear came from a some type of quest but what would they put in crates to make folk wanna pop em?