PDA

View Full Version : Possible Bug: Elixir Timer Ticking While Not Within A Combat Level

Ephemeris
11-13-2011, 12:01 AM
As the title suggests, I'm not sure if this is "by design" or not, but I wanted to throw it out there in the event that elixirs are being "consumed" when not intended to.

My understanding is that elixir timers should only tick while within a campaign level (i.e., not in town, not at the login screen, not while PvPing [when it gets added], etc.). That said, if you have an active elixir going while in a campaign level and you click the "Exit Level" button (which appears to take you back to the login screen), your elixir timer will continue to tick. Is this truly intended? In the past, I've always been quick to select "Exit Level" while -- for example -- waiting on a remake so not to waste my elixir; however, it would appear that this approach is flawed since my elixir continues to tick in either case. The alternative, of course, is to go to town between remakes (though it always seems like this extra "delay" is just enough time for a new player to snag my spot in my group -- maybe it's just me).

The Flash
11-13-2011, 12:14 AM
Its not supposed to tick when your in log in screen. But for some reason when you exit lv it still thinks your in that campaign. Try going to a level fom your quest screen(got to), then exit lv right away, then try going to quest list and you lose the ability to go to that lv since it thinks your iin that lv.

Gluttony
11-13-2011, 12:24 AM
The timer runs but you are not being charged as the timer will go back to the number it was at once you join another dungeon/base. I found this also to be true in PL as well:

The timer runs down but when you go back into any instance either dungeon or towne, it will add the time back. I have let it run all the way down to 0 to see what happens and it doesn't remove as it normally would but rather just sits at 0 seconds:

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/4553/img1232.png

Ephemeris
11-13-2011, 01:55 AM
Thanks guys - that settles this one; much appreciated!