PDA

View Full Version : Kills and XP Everywhere vs. Future Level-Cap

Cinco
06-05-2018, 09:37 AM
I updated the game during the Guild Event so everyone got kills and XP in all maps.
There was a torrent of negative feedback.

I ended the Guild Event and reverted the XP / Kills in all maps.
There was a torrent of negative feedback.

What would be best?

oraweun
06-05-2018, 11:00 AM
Keep the kills enabled, the game needs a shake. Any sneak peek of the "Future Level-Cap" idea?

Also, how do I vote from Tapatalk?

oraweun
06-05-2018, 11:02 AM
Wait, what level cap again?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Nofox
06-05-2018, 11:03 AM
hold up I didn't read it correctly. if there is a new level cap and no xp/kills anywhere, does that include a new arbiter for the previous cap or no?

ocaflivy
06-05-2018, 11:29 AM
Cinco it was a good thing to have xp/kills everywhere, because helping the lower levels gives us higher levels that arent capped yet benefits as well other than just credits. Having the spawn of your level gear was smart too. you should have more of these guild event challenges as well because it shows who is the better guild like in the old days of guild wars before.

Nofox
06-05-2018, 11:46 AM
we need a new cap. hopefully, the new cap will come with a new map/weapons. I can care less about the xp/kill farming because you can always enable it later down the line.

Nofox
06-05-2018, 11:56 AM
if we get a new cap, can we have the last skill slot that we have longed for?

Cephei
06-05-2018, 12:00 PM
The best way would probably be the middle way.
Let us get kills but no xp. XP only at STS (LV55) or the latest map.

This game needs to be rewardable when farming.
Those who are against it are those dudes who sit in the Base 24/7 trying to sell their overpriced stuff

Nobody would say no to a new lvl cap but PLEASE release the remaining Arbiter parts. We know they're finished. I even have the screenshots of them from 2012

Enabling kills gives us something to do while waiting and gives us competition because everyone will try to get on that leaderboard.

Kills everywhere YES , XP everywhere NO

Nofox
06-05-2018, 12:10 PM
that is true, but we can always get that option after we obtain a new level cap. We could have both of them instead of only one.

DEATHCAMP
06-05-2018, 12:28 PM
I am still against kills and xp anywhere. I understand that people want to earn kills faster, but the thing that scares me about kills and xp anywhere is the amount of bots in SL currently, due to the lack of mod presence. If you allow this, it will encourage bot use in maps such as cycorp 5, or any other maps where there are large amount of kills to be earned with little risk of being killed. Personally, I have spent well over $1,000 usd on plat to purchase the enable xp elix, and I still buy plat to this day for that privilege, it is very upsetting knowing that my leaderboard spot will most likely be taken over by a bot that is farming kills 24/7 within a week or less if you allow kills and xp everywhere. I suggest you make a non hardcore map for the upcoming level cap(if you decide on pursuing a new level cap), so those that wish to farm kills may do so because it can be difficult to farm in hardcore maps (Even though some people on the PVE Kills leaderboard have been farming kills in the hardcore maps and have been doing fine). My main points in this paragraph are that, 1) It will encourage bot use in lower level maps, 2) I could've bought a new graphics card with the money I have spent on the enable xp elix. That is all.

Zuluram
06-05-2018, 12:34 PM
I need a new level cap too if i think you add New gear ( different looking armors and weapons for any class)/ New map/ A few new strong enemies/ Arbiters etc. to the game. I know it will take a while and its hard work (alone?) but the time to wait will absolute worth it. At this time there you produce all the new stuff, you could make some other small events like the latest that many players liked so much :) .
I miss the kills you could get at any area tho...but i guess we cant get both...

jdiddydavis
06-05-2018, 12:37 PM
Yea new lvl cap is what we need! If we can just use stims to kill we can kill fArm the legit old school way. I’m all about the xp/kills for every level but if you just let us use stims on STS and future updates(due to lack of players) then this game will be good. I think the xp should be off but kills should count. Like I’m lv 55 and I wanna plvl a person lv 15 at cycorp 5. They should get xp until 19 or 20 then I can move to Numa to powerlvl. Getting the kills is nice.

Fyrce
06-05-2018, 12:43 PM
Can do xp everywhere if:

Scale down high level people in low level areas. The high level person could still be high level for the zone but if say an L55 is in an L20 zone, they would be at 50% of their hps and attacks.

jdiddydavis
06-05-2018, 12:59 PM
Oh I forgot loot should stay how it was too, level specific is the way to go. Sorry bout 3 posts:-( I got in and Ora said there was a vote going! Super exited haha. Ty cinco for getting votes I’m eager to see how this goes :-) ty ty

Koolops
06-05-2018, 02:41 PM
Hello Cinco, I agree with deathplague but also disagree, Xp everywhere no, kills everywhere yes, and level cap I would love a new level cap, anyways I think you should patch the user of external apps that allow botting. The fact certain people bot is very unfair for us who try doing everything legitly.

jdiddydavis
06-05-2018, 02:43 PM
I agree Koolop , and I honestly didn’t know Bots existed in this game, I have personally never seen anyone using a program that auto kills or something like that. But ya if that’s going on it needs to be addressed.

darkedangelx
06-05-2018, 02:58 PM
i do suggest no allowance of xp and kills at all maps same reason people will bot

Sent from my vivo 1716 using Tapatalk

Surviving
06-05-2018, 03:12 PM
I think that kills everywhere needs to stay. The leaderboard has been the same for a long time and I feel like it needs a change. Adding more competition for it would add a reason to farm. I don't know about xp anywhere, it seemed helpful, but made it too easy to level up. I would probably just stick with kills, no xp.

ilauncher
06-05-2018, 05:32 PM
I suggest kills come back plus arbiter definitely back pls, im a bit salty 51 didnt get anything out of it

If possible make xp harder to get? Like if ur out of recommended level u get half an xp, so every second enemy u get xp. If not then no need i guess

deathcan
06-05-2018, 06:03 PM
I would love it personally if kills came back everywhere and ur level gear drops too was a neat idea. That way it gives us a little incentive to help lower players but also gives us something to do between updates. But yeah you can keep the xp out it isnt needed

Att
06-06-2018, 04:04 AM
It would kill the end game totally. Having tons of damage would be meaningless when people could farm in lower levels, and nobody would even go and play higher levels when its 5 times faster to get kills in lower maps. And K/D PvE becomes completely meaningless considering a higher level won't ever die. Totally against it.

Att
06-06-2018, 04:08 AM
Better would be to completely remove the leaderboards since it will lose any meaning at all.

Nofox
06-06-2018, 08:06 AM
I agree with fryce. You can scale it the same way that you guys did for the Christmas map, the mobs weren't as feeble as the lower levels. Either Nerf us, or buff the mobs.

oraweun
06-06-2018, 08:11 AM
I propose forgetting about the idea of kills and xp everywhere and moving on to a "new level cap and new items" type of SL,

who's with me?

Att
06-06-2018, 08:36 AM
I would like to add something and give my perspective on this issue in more details. We all will agree what developers decide to do in the end.

If developers intent to bring more people to this game or make people play this game more, then his Kills/XP addition serves no purpose at all. In fact its counter productive. Why? Because people like me and many others who play end game, do for kills only. Most of kill farmers have already acquired all the gear from STS-25 so we will be spending our limited time solo farming in Cycorps as its 5 times faster. Which means newbies and those without napalm will not be able to farm gear alone. End game would completely die out. Then there is the risk of some people botting, who got their PvP kills/deaths using bots and would most likely do in PvE too. As for people suggesting to add stimpacks in STS-25, I have been farming solo on operative even when it was 51 cap and no mods. Its doable, challenging and fun if you practice. Please don't do any radical changes, it would only drive people out.

If developers' purpose is to make game more active, then I would suggest to make quests grant more XP, or lower the XP requirement itself. Additional napalm like gun (probably a nerfed version if you like) to help people who can't afford one would help a lot as well.

I propose forgetting about the idea of kills and xp everywhere and moving on to a "new level cap and new items" type of SL,

who's with me?

We recently got update so I don't know if developers have that in mind right now. Even if they do, I think 56 would be the next cap with high amount of XP requirement. And new arbiter would be nice if possible.

oraweun
06-06-2018, 08:39 AM
I would like to add something and give my perspective on this issue in more details. We all will agree what developers decide to do in the end.

If developers intent to bring more people to this game or make people play this game more, then his Kills/XP addition serves no purpose at all. In fact its counter productive. Why? Because people like me and many others who play end game, do for kills only. Most of kill farmers have already acquired all the gear from STS-25 so we will be spending our limited time solo farming in Cycorps as its 5 times faster. Which means newbies and those without napalm will not be able to farm gear alone. End game would completely die out. Then there is the risk of some people botting, who got their PvP kills/deaths using bots and would most likely do in PvE too. As for people suggesting to add stimpacks in STS-25, I have been farming solo on operative even when it was 51 cap and no mods. Its doable, challenging and fun if you practice. Please don't do any radical changes, it would only drive people out.

If developers' purpose is to make game more active, then I would suggest to make quests grant more XP, or lower the XP requirement itself. Additional napalm like gun (probably a nerfed version if you like) to help people who can't afford one would help a lot as well.

We recently got update so I don't know if developers have that in mind right now. Even if they do, I think 56 would be the next cap with high amount of XP requirement. And new arbiter would be nice if possible.The "developers"= Cinco Barnes.

Ridslayer
06-06-2018, 08:42 AM
New level cap and maybe a new map? and if possible new gear, the game has only had STS-25 as a high level map since 2013 i believe? And the gear we have now has been reused and reskinned since 2012/2013 to now, i know what i'm asking for is a lot here but just my opinion for what the game could use in the future, thank you Cinco for all you do.

Cinco
06-06-2018, 08:46 AM
Better would be to completely remove the leaderboards since it will lose any meaning at all.

This is definitely an option.

oraweun
06-06-2018, 08:48 AM
This is definitely an option.Oh no, please don't

Ridslayer
06-06-2018, 08:56 AM
I agree please don't, many of us players have put in a huge effort to get up there.

Att
06-06-2018, 09:07 AM
The "developers"= Cinco Barnes.

Haha yea I know.

Att
06-06-2018, 09:17 AM
This is definitely an option.

With whatever changes you make, can you please buff operative? Its really weak compared to Engi and Com in PvE. Perhaps add a little HP per DEX?

oraweun
06-06-2018, 09:18 AM
With whatever changes you make, can you please buff operative? Its really weak compared to Engi and Com in PvE. Perhaps add a little HP per DEX?Shush!! (And it's engineer that's weak)

xxlolverloaxx
06-06-2018, 10:09 AM
Level cap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bansheex
06-06-2018, 11:17 AM
Imo, I'd like to see a future level cap. That way, it keeps the game alive and would bring in new players. It would also help if you guys would promote future level caps and brand new content in it. Enabling the xp and kills everywhere system would get boring after a long while since you're being kept in recycle mode; log on, farm kills, log off and repeat.

jdiddydavis
06-06-2018, 01:19 PM
Yea level cap is the definite yes, everyone will say yes to the level cap of course..... honestly if the kills/xp stay back to normal that’s fine, the loot that was available though during that time was nice, I was actually able to farm some credits(only like 10-20k) but that’s by myself just from clearing inventory a few times . Idk lvl cap of course yes, loot definite yes because mods just consumed everyone’s money ....

Escanor
06-06-2018, 03:01 PM
Cinco I need to contact you personally.

MakeSLGreatAgain
06-06-2018, 05:23 PM
It’s funny Cinco makes a poll and most people are scared because they don’t want their answer of voting in the pull to jeopardize a future level cap. I for one read this as you get kills/xp added or a level cap. No where in the polling does it say no kills/xp and future level cap. People seem to have unclear understandings which is why only 13 people have actually voted.

As a new play of 2 days, I reached lvl 50 and have been enjoying this game. It is a lot harder now to level since the event, but maybe that isn’t such a bad thing.

I advise you do a week of xp/kills everywhere enabled before the expansion comes out and that will help people get 55.

I know from past experience from PL if you aren’t capped before the new expansion comes out, when it does you won’t find anyone to help you level. Everyone will be racing to the new cap and gear.

I personally think you should clarify if their will be a new cap regsrdless if people want kills/xp enabled, or if that will effect the potential of a new level cap.

I think once you do this as a developer more people will vote on the poll.

I love SL it’s a breath of fresh air from playing PL for 6 years, Sts as a company makes some really solid games!

Escanor
06-06-2018, 05:51 PM
Bringing Ideas.
1.- The Update was absolutely awesome, there's non need to change anything about it, I feel like the game came back to life again.

2.- The only thing is, it would be awesome if you guys reduce the percentage of meeting the spamming BOTS and a bit of their HP and like 30%-40% of their damage. They're annoying and overpowered.

3.- The whole game was in decandence, we have a money crysis, nobody has enough and they don't play to farm money because the mobs and the boxes don't give enough. We need something like a Weekly event which let's us obtain a certain amount of gold (20k max-30k max) by doing quests or killing mobs in a New map (etc).

4.- Vanity Drop rates are bad. I don't have to add anything to this statement.

5.- How come that we can't interact with a SpaceShip in a Space based Game? I know it's not easy to find something new and bring it to the game, but we could get Spaceships like the houses in Arcane Legends, or a Mini game in Star Legends that let us use spaceships and receive a reward, I don't know... Im just giving Ideas.

6. - What about the avaible faces in the game? I think we need new fresh looks and more Space-Pirate kind of looks! New hairstyles will also be welcomed! And I have to mention that the black face in the game is bugged. The black man looks like he don't have a mouth... Because the face skin color is almost the same with the mouth color... You guys definetely need to fix this.

7.- The game is Eventually becoming more active, this is something to celebrate! What about a redesign of the blackstar base? I don't mean change the whole Blackstar Base from zero, I mean, new features, re-color something... And I want to add that we could get an Auction and Stash acces in Numa base and Voleria base, this would be just perfect

8. We need more emotes. We don't have enough with 8 emotes.

I hope you guys read it.

Escanor��

Att
06-06-2018, 07:33 PM
Shush!! (And it's engineer that's weak)

Sure buddy :applause:

King12.ck12
06-06-2018, 10:59 PM
Xp everywhere is better

MakeSLGreatAgain
06-07-2018, 12:14 AM
At this point I’ve been pulling teeth to try and level for the past 3 days. No one runs the STS map because people are already capped and don’t like it considering the best PvE weapon is a level 40 flamethrower, so their is no incentive to run it.

Based off how the game is going right now. I think it’s in the best interest of the people to allow kills/xp everywhere and you can revert this once a balanced and better cap comes out where the cap weapons are the best and we aren’t using a level 40 weapon so everyone just runs hive.

One of my favorite maps!

kittendust
06-07-2018, 07:58 AM
I prefer Allow kills everywhere but no EXP everywhere
Because with the allow kills on all maps, it will make the crisis gold become slowly returning with the many people who are farming for the kills (as well as the gold)

But for exp, it is better not to put on all maps so that new maps / sts are still used for lvling

Humannnshield
06-07-2018, 10:24 AM
I want increased cap, because I would like to see New Armor, Weapons, vanities, etc.

Killing enemies and getting XP anywhere kills the whole fun of trying to level up in the newer levels. (I must admit the scorn Crusade is the absolute worst place to try to level up I'm my opinion, because the scorns have alot of health, and can do alot of damage compared to the mobs in Aftermath, Biohazard, and Exodus.)

With that being said here are a few new things I'd like to see in the game

A level 55-increased cap level Napalm, theres obviously no doubt that this is the best gun in the game hands down, so please make it either an award for capping, or an elite weapon to grind for in hive, or make the drop rates for elites a little easier to get with the 4x elixir.

Please bring back the Huge quantity amount of gold per crate opened, along with the high level armor in lower level area, such as Delta.
With the new modding machine out, people can literally go broke from trying to modify their armor, weapons, implants, etc.
Which can cause a huge dent in the credit economy, the guild event greatly helped out the SL community's economy, which means certain prices for certain items can go back up. Also please add ALOT more credits for the platinum for credits offer. Alot of people will agree with me on this, and that's the 75k credits for 300 plat is a bad idea, and needs to be increased. So please increase it significantly to maybe 200k-350k for 300 plat. With this add on, people will more likely buy more plat for this offer, (I certainly would) at the end of the day everybody wins. And would greatly help for my next subject: Modding.

Please make modding more Easier, whether it's making it able to focus on one slot at a time, (for more plat, or credits, I'll be fine with this.) Or please get rid of the stats seen on Weapons, Implants, and I think shields.

INT, DEX, AND STR.

These stats are completely useless and I frequently get these stacks all the time when modding which can cause massive frustration, and consumption of alot of both credits, and platinum.

I think every agrees with me about that part of modding.

Then for the overall, just please add more new Vanities, Armor sets, weapons, etc. Even if it's just new color for each Armor (Say Elite Armor chest)

Also please change the stats from engineer's Uraz armor, and make this armor pink instead. It's hard to try and survive on scorn maps, and STS maps without the dodge bonus from the Uraz armor.

That's my recommendation, along with my vote for increased cap. Thanks for reading, and hope you have a great day. =)

Convulsion
06-07-2018, 10:41 AM
I think that we should finish the kills everywhere and xp everywhere would be pretty useful, but I think there should be a map where you could just farm for credits. No kills, no xp.
Also could we finish the arbiter vanities, or rerelease them so we could see the full set?

IGN-Convulsion LV55

oraweun
06-07-2018, 10:52 AM
I want increased cap, because I would like to see New Armor, Weapons, vanities, etc.

Killing enemies and getting XP anywhere kills the whole fun of trying to level up in the newer levels. (I must admit the scorn Crusade is the absolute worst place to try to level up I'm my opinion, because the scorns have alot of health, and can do alot of damage compared to the mobs in Aftermath, Biohazard, and Exodus.)

With that being said here are a few new things I'd like to see in the game

A level 55-increased cap level Napalm, theres obviously no doubt that this is the best gun in the game hands down, so please make it either an award for capping, or an elite weapon to grind for in hive, or make the drop rates for elites a little easier to get with the 4x elixir.

Please bring back the Huge quantity amount of gold per crate opened, along with the high level armor in lower level area, such as Delta.
With the new modding machine out, people can literally go broke from trying to modify their armor, weapons, implants, etc.
Which can cause a huge dent in the credit economy, the guild event greatly helped out the SL community's economy, which means certain prices for certain items can go back up. Also please add ALOT more credits for the platinum for credits offer. Alot of people will agree with me on this, and that's the 75k credits for 300 plat is a bad idea, and needs to be increased. So please increase it significantly to maybe 200k-350k for 300 plat. With this add on, people will more likely buy more plat for this offer, (I certainly would) at the end of the day everybody wins. And would greatly help for my next subject: Modding.

Please make modding more Easier, whether it's making it able to focus on one slot at a time, (for more plat, or credits, I'll be fine with this.) Or please get rid of the stats seen on Weapons, Implants, and I think shields.

INT, DEX, AND STR.

These stats are completely useless and I frequently get these stacks all the time when modding which can cause massive frustration, and consumption of alot of both credits, and platinum.

I think every agrees with me about that part of modding.

Then for the overall, just please add more new Vanities, Armor sets, weapons, etc. Even if it's just new color for each Armor (Say Elite Armor chest)

Also please change the stats from engineer's Uraz armor, and make this armor pink instead. It's hard to try and survive on scorn maps, and STS maps without the dodge bonus from the Uraz armor.

That's my recommendation, along with my vote for increased cap. Thanks for reading, and hope you have a great day. =)If you think Intelligence, Dexterity and Strength are not needed, you're wrong bud.

ilauncher
06-07-2018, 11:02 PM
For some reason my long post got deleted when i tried to edit -.-

Anyways i wanted to share some ideas/suggestions i had on my mind
If arbs do come back for new cap why not make old arbs accessible again too?

Like for example at L55 u get 30000xp to reach 56 u get sleeves/boots, then u get similar large number of xp again to get to 57 and then get chest arb, then same again to 58 and u get helm..etc and so on till level 60 u get all 5 pieces

That way everyone can get arb set if theyre dedicated enough while not reducing their worth as much

I was thinking we should have new AOE weapons for every class! Doesnt have to be busted like nap with 360 degrees range but could work like flux cannon hits more enemies within a range. We all know how scorn and sts is without napalm, its straight up impossible without nap and discourages new players from playing if they dont have nap.
We could have aoe slashers/tacs with weaker dps or a much weaker nap but much less rarer so newbies dont get discouraged quickly

Btw i agree with higher credit drop, modding lowkey ruined economy
Also agree with removing int/str/dex, useless mod buffs that no one ever specifically mods for

Thanks for reading!

Humannnshield
06-08-2018, 05:02 AM
If you think Intelligence, Dexterity and Strength are not needed, you're wrong bud.

Dude, it is USELESS when modding. There are way better stats than those three place holders. They barely add anything to your stats

oraweun
06-08-2018, 05:07 AM
Dude, it is USELESS when modding. There are way better stats than those three place holders. They barely add anything to your statsNot all stats can be super OP :)

Cephei
06-08-2018, 07:31 AM
For some reason my long post got deleted when i tried to edit -.-

Anyways i wanted to share some ideas/suggestions i had on my mind
If arbs do come back for new cap why not make old arbs accessible again too?

Like for example at L55 u get 30000xp to reach 56 u get sleeves/boots, then u get similar large number of xp again to get to 57 and then get chest arb, then same again to 58 and u get helm..etc and so on till level 60 u get all 5 pieces

That way everyone can get arb set if theyre dedicated enough while not reducing their worth as much

I was thinking we should have new AOE weapons for every class! Doesnt have to be busted like nap with 360 degrees range but could work like flux cannon hits more enemies within a range. We all know how scorn and sts is without napalm, its straight up impossible without nap and discourages new players from playing if they dont have nap.
We could have aoe slashers/tacs with weaker dps or a much weaker nap but much less rarer so newbies dont get discouraged quickly

Btw i agree with higher credit drop, modding lowkey ruined economy
Also agree with removing int/str/dex, useless mod buffs that no one ever specifically mods for

Thanks for reading!

I agree that they should finally release the remaining two parts however I'm totally against re-releasing the parts that already came out.
Every nub will have an arbiter helm then pls no

Zuluram
06-08-2018, 10:59 AM
The "nubs" wanna enjoy a full arb set too

If they are limited and hard to get it were fair

Cephei
06-08-2018, 11:15 AM
The "nubs" wanna enjoy a full arb set too

If they are limited and hard to get it were fair

Arbiters will lose their exclusiveness. They already did when everything became tradeable but re-releasing them would totally destroy their value.
As much as I would love to finally own a Commando Arbiter Helm, I don't want to get it re-released.

Also people (me including) who earned the Arbiter legitimately for all classes years ago wouldn't be so happy about it for the most part. My opinion

Att
06-08-2018, 11:36 AM
I agree that they should finally release the remaining two parts however I'm totally against re-releasing the parts that already came out.
Every nub will have an arbiter helm then pls no

Arbiters will lose their exclusiveness. They already did when everything became tradeable but re-releasing them would totally destroy their value.
As much as I would love to finally own a Commando Arbiter Helm, I don't want to get it re-released.

Also people (me including) who earned the Arbiter legitimately for all classes years ago wouldn't be so happy about it for the most part. My opinion

Nice double standards buddy *clap* *clap* *clap*. Replace 'Arbiter' with 'Kills in every map' in your post and read it again :D. If kills can come in every map then why not arbiter come back for 'noobs'? I am playing since 2011 and have all the arbiter and I will still be happy if everyone has it.

Zuluram
06-08-2018, 11:52 AM
Then lets make Arbiters untradeable +) so prices dont needed

Cinco
06-08-2018, 11:58 AM
Thanks to everyone who participated in the poll. It was very helpful.

As requested, I will allow XP and Kills to count in all areas. To balance against bottom-feeding, all monsters attributes will extend to Level 55.
This means that if a Level 55 goes to Cycorp, the monsters will also be Level 55.

Arbiter sleeves and boots will also be made available as loot from STS-25 boss monsters.