PDA

View Full Version : Lol ?!

SilentCat
11-13-2011, 06:38 AM
Guys...?

A few months ago, when the '' X ray visors '' were RARE and when like only 4-5 players had them, they were around 300-400K.

Now, the '' X ray visors '' aren't RARE like before, because there's a LOT of players with them, I already saw nearly 30 players with them, BUT now they cost around 800K ?

Comon guys !

- Cat

Ellyidol
11-13-2011, 06:58 AM
I hope the F stands for something else, nothing to cuss about here.

It's the game's supply and demand - which is actually really good. Yes, 30 people might have them, but that doesn't mean 30 people are also selling them :)

It could also be an occasional occurrence that a seller put up a lone Visor in the CS for 1M, since nobody had it up. Someone else saw the 1M and undercut to 800k. Ultimately, if there are that much Visors for sale in the game, this would eventually dwindle back down to their average price.

Wouldn't you rather that these rare vanities remain valuable, though?

SilentCat
11-13-2011, 07:05 AM
Yes, but this is still crazy..

- Cat

SilentCat
11-13-2011, 07:08 AM
By the way, 800k is around $170.00 USD...............

- Cat

Arterra
11-13-2011, 07:10 AM
A few months ago, when the '' X ray visors '' were RARE and when like only 4-5 players had them, they were around 300-400K.

you answered it yourself. a few months ago, there were probably much fewer players, and the average player had fewer credits.
now, i imagine that inflation has set in, much like PL.

when i started playing around ao2 in PL (august) my goal was to get a talon of thoth for 100-200k. now? the best items range in the millions. ugh.

frankly, there is always supply and demand, like Ellyidol said, but there is also simply no way to throw away credits and stop the ever increasing total pool.

- Cat

ignore the offered cash for credits/gold offers. pretty wacky exchange rates xD

Kahlua
11-13-2011, 07:40 AM
you answered it yourself. a few months ago, there were probably much fewer players, and the average player had fewer credits.
now, i imagine that inflation has set in, much like PL.

when i started playing around ao2 in PL (august) my goal was to get a talon of thoth for 100-200k. now? the best items range in the millions. ugh.

frankly, there is always supply and demand, like Ellyidol said, but there is also simply no way to throw away credits and stop the ever increasing total pool.

ignore the offered cash for credits/gold offers. pretty wacky exchange rates xD

Considering items liquidate for 1-6 credits each, there's not that much inflation. Only credits really in the game are purchased with platinum.

Plus, I've never seen xrays for 800k...

Ellyidol
11-13-2011, 07:47 AM
Considering items liquidate for 1-6 credits each, there's not that much inflation. Only credits really in the game are purchased with platinum.

On the contrary, taking account the entire active player base of SL, it may definitely lead to inflation.

When 31 was the cap, a few good hours a day could net me about 5k alone just from loots/credit drops. Multiply that by a ballpark figure of 500-1000 equally active players a day, that's 2.5-5m credits already.

Not as much as PL, definitely, but very very possible too.

Arterra
11-13-2011, 07:56 AM
limiting the amount items sold for early on, and have it be a linear advancement was a good idea... but nothing replaces a credit/gold sink in a game.

Barrington
11-13-2011, 08:04 AM
lol if you've ever been involved in the TF2 community ive seen some hats sell for the equivalent of about $200

Ellyidol
11-13-2011, 08:05 AM
limiting the amount items sold for early on, and have it be a linear advancement was a good idea... but nothing replaces a credit/gold sink in a game.

Which I think SL has too. Early on it was the stims and now it's progressing more towards the crafting recipes, I think.

Arterra
11-13-2011, 08:09 AM
lol if you've ever been involved in the TF2 community ive seen some hats sell for the equivalent of about $200

valve is quite the effective cash wringer. they drop random boxes while playing that promise epic items, or at least standard items with kill counters, but can only be opened with a key bought with real money.
comparing valve and STS is not fair at all heheh

...also, dont give them ideas ;)

Barrington
11-13-2011, 08:11 AM
valve is quite the effective cash wringer. they drop random boxes while playing that promise epic items, or at least standard items with kill counters, but can only be opened with a key bought with real money.
comparing valve and STS is not fair at all heheh

...also, dont give them ideas ;)

hey whats your steam I.D i'll add you

Arterra
11-13-2011, 08:28 AM
how would i find it? if i look at the friends bar, is it the name i see there, or the username?

Barrington
11-13-2011, 08:36 AM
how would i find it? if i look at the friends bar, is it the name i see there, or the username?
its the one in the top right corner next to the minimize maximize close

Zombiemurder
11-13-2011, 08:39 AM
I go on sl everyday and havnt seen an xray in the auction for a wile I see ppl wearing em but not selling them so idk if u can say the price went to 800k for them without a screen shot matbe the person selling was trying to ripoff ppl I saw a squid buddy for sale for 666666 which is ridiculous but I havnt seen anything about X-rays in a wile

Handsofmyvodka
11-13-2011, 09:52 AM
i imagine that inflation has set in, much like PL.Wait, inflation in videogames? This gets worse and worse.

roufus
11-14-2011, 08:41 AM
Its ok guys wtf = well that's fantastic

Phoenixking
11-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Lol clever roufus

SilentCat
11-14-2011, 08:53 AM
OMG close the thread devs, please.
People can't stay calm and nice here, well that's fantastic ! ( Thanks to roufus ) :p :p !

- Cat

Pharcyde
11-14-2011, 11:50 PM

- Cat

Which is 34 hours working a minimum wage job.

3+4 = 7. 7+1 = 8. 8 x 100 = 800. Price of X-Ray Visor = 800k. OMG NO WAAAHHYYY BRAAHH!!!

Nightarcher
11-14-2011, 11:54 PM
The answer is simple.

The supply of X-rays is hardly increasing at all due to the lack of people farming for them. They're rarer because of the increasing amount of people who want them.

Hope this helped! :)