PDA

View Full Version : Private Messages...

Susanne
06-06-2018, 04:50 AM
I am aware that this post may meet with some resistance but here goes. Would it be possible to have an option that would make it possible to turn private messages off please? I know there is an ignore option but I don't wish to put all my friends on the ignore list..that would just be silly. Sometimes, when I'm in a hard map or maybe just browsing through the auction, crafting some jewels or just don't feel like chatting it would be handy to have an automatic message sent saying, "this person is busy at the moment and is not receiving messages". It would be an option that stopped all messages from everyone..this would ensure that friends would not feel offended or singled out. More or less like the option to reject trade or party invitations but worded in a more polite manner. Then later when you're finished being busy, you can switch messaging back on and no-one has their feelings hurt. Remember, I recommended the option would turn all private messages off..not individuals.

Azerothraven
06-06-2018, 05:06 AM
I am aware that this post may meet with some resistance but here goes. Would it be possible to have an option that would make it possible to turn private messages off please? I know there is an ignore option but I don't wish to put all my friends on the ignore list..that would just be silly. Sometimes, when I'm in a hard map or maybe just browsing through the auction, crafting some jewels or just don't feel like chatting it would be handy to have an automatic message sent saying, "this person is busy at the moment and is not receiving messages". It would be an option that stopped all messages from everyone..this would ensure that friends would not feel offended or singled out. More or less like the option to reject trade or party invitations but worded in a more polite manner. Then later when you're finished being busy, you can switch messaging back on and no-one has their feelings hurt. Remember, I recommended the option would turn all private messages off..not individuals.

Of course your highness, what else can we do to make life more comfortable for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nohealth
06-06-2018, 05:07 AM
We totally need that!
Sometimes when I'm farming (jewels especially), I can't catch up with all pms and then friends pm me mad why I didn't answered lol
This would be really handy

PsychoNuke
06-06-2018, 05:09 AM
+1,
We should have a AFK/DND check box in Options with auto response for Away/Do Not Disturb Status.
The chat UI is getting a makeover anyway, it will be a good time to implement it :)

Susanne
06-06-2018, 05:51 AM
Of course your highness, what else can we do to make life more comfortable for you?

Haha..Just clean out the stables, fetch me my Earl Grey tea and crumpets, oh and don't forget the cucumber sandwiches, cut off the crusts, chauffeur me through Arlor after you've serviced the Bentley..or shall we take the Rolls? Polish the silver and buff up my tiara. 😜

ssbake
06-06-2018, 06:27 AM
+1 , maybe when you come out of afk ,you can see all the msg sent to you during the afk session (like voice msg) , or maybe they can have the option of leaving a msg. But that will make house msg useless

Avaree
06-06-2018, 06:51 AM
Haha..Just clean out the stables, fetch me my Earl Grey tea and crumpets, oh and don't forget the cucumber sandwiches, cut off the crusts, chauffeur me through Arlor after you've serviced the Bentley..or shall we take the Rolls? Polish the silver and buff up my tiara. ��

WTG! Love your sense of humor (: have a fun day sis (:

+1 to opening post, maybe just have a toggle option that would allow us to turn off pm and in the process show in the guild/friends’ list our messaging is darkened, showing unavailable to pm.

Susanne
06-06-2018, 07:48 AM
WTG! Love your sense of humor (: have a fun day sis (:

+1 to opening post, maybe just have a toggle option that would allow us to turn off pm and in the process show in the guild/friends’ list our messaging is darkened, showing unavailable to pm.

Thankyou. ☺️ Also thanks to all for the feedback. 🙂

Zojak
06-06-2018, 07:55 AM
Oh em gee YES +1 to turning off in game whispers

Azerothraven
06-06-2018, 08:07 AM
This is really anti-social and I think not a good idea. Is jewel-farming really more important than friends?

PostNoob
06-06-2018, 08:13 AM
No need. I'm sure people can handle some text from others scrolling across their screen. Shouldn't need to have a system to blame just cause you don't/can't want to talk to them . also if your farming a map(elites especially), they should understand a person cannot always answer. Peoples skin are so thin these days..

Also can see this being a problem with scamming or the like.

Tippertwo
06-06-2018, 08:16 AM
+1 for me. When I’m in a hard zone n someone start messaging me I can’t always respond. It’ll let them know they’re not being ignored :)

PsychoNuke
06-06-2018, 09:01 AM
This is really anti-social and I think not a good idea. Is jewel-farming really more important than friends?

Anti Social? o.O Umm Its just a privacy option and almost every major mmo has it.
Its very handy and helpful when you are busy and/or are afk, makes people aware that you are not just ignoring them but are actually busy or away. :D

Azerothraven
06-06-2018, 09:06 AM
+1 for me. When I’m in a hard zone n someone start messaging me I can’t always respond. It’ll let them know they’re not being ignored :)

...or you can just let them know when you finish the run. It’s not like your friends can’t wait 2-10 min. No maps in AL should take longer than that to run but even so

This will be abused by scammers so much. They will scam and turn messages off so the victim/ victim’s friend can’t message them. Usually if you put enough pressure and tons of people to a scammer they give back in my experience.

Tippertwo
06-06-2018, 09:08 AM
...or you can just let them know when you finish the run. It’s not like your friends can’t wait 2-10 min. No maps in AL should take longer than that to run but even so

This will be abused by scammers so much. They will scam and turn messages off so the victim/ victim’s friend can’t message them. Usually if you put enough pressure and tons of people to a scammer they give back in my experience.

Or ... when I accidentally fall asleep in the middle of the game :D

Azerothraven
06-06-2018, 09:11 AM
Or ... when I accidentally fall asleep in the middle of the game :D

Did happen once, I was afk for like 5 hours then went asleep forgetting I had AL on and I was online for 16 hours and when I came back I had like 200 pms. Most of the people who pm was offline by then.

Tippertwo
06-06-2018, 09:12 AM
Not to mention sometimes you aren’t talking to anyone for awhile, then while you’re afk they suddenly start talking. You can’t tell 10 friends who happen to be online at the same time and who don’t speak to u you’ll be afk. They’ll be like, “ok, whatever.” :3

thekragle
06-06-2018, 09:13 AM
+1 to OP. This is a great idea and would be helpful in many more situations than have been described. I don't think it's asking for a lot.

And seriously, we're not going to implement great ideas because of a few scammers. C'mon.

Tippertwo
06-06-2018, 09:14 AM
Did happen once, I was afk for like 5 hours then went asleep forgetting I had AL on and I was online for 16 hours and when I came back I had like 200 pms. Most of the people who pm was offline by then.

Lmao ... it happens to the best of us ;)

Azerothraven
06-06-2018, 09:16 AM
+1 to OP. This is a great idea and would be helpful in many more situations than have been described. I don't think it's asking for a lot.

And seriously, we're not going to implement great ideas because of a few scammers. C'mon.
“Few scammers?” Do you know which game you are taking about?

Go out to paradise pier and give 1m to anyone and there is like 99% chance none of them will return it. It’s not just about the scammers that exist, it just encourages the concept which will imply it will be easier to get away with more scams.

Tippertwo
06-06-2018, 09:17 AM

Go out to paradise pier and give 1m to anyone and there is like 99% chance none of them will return it. It’s not just about the scammers that exist, it just encourages the concept which will imply it will be easier to get away with more scams.
Thats why you need to play smart...learn to detect a scammer and you won’t let scammed ;)

Oakmaiden
06-06-2018, 09:39 AM
I think this option is coming with expansion, thankgawd! No more random pm from ppl selling crap! https://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=168284&d=1527102056
Check out this new chat option posted in updates sneak peak!

Tippertwo
06-06-2018, 09:45 AM
I’m confused about that though. For the pm, if 2 ppl are texting u at the same time what happens then??

Tippertwo
06-06-2018, 09:47 AM
What happens to the commands such as /tell or /r ...what if friends pm u will it automatically go to the pm setting?
Tbh this is gonna confuse me a lot xD

thekragle
06-06-2018, 09:47 AM

Hey, I'm with you, I don't want to make it easier for scammers either, cause we all know scammers are like cockroaches in this game. You just can't ever seem to kill them off. But it seems like this idea would help more with preventing scamming than helping it. IMO

PostNoob
06-06-2018, 09:52 AM
Anti Social? o.O Umm Its just a privacy option and almost every major mmo has it.
Its very handy and helpful when you are busy and/or are afk, makes people aware that you are not just ignoring them but are actually busy or away. :D

Yeah things sound good on paper but this system would be abused and a lot would just go on dnd as either an excuse or to be "anti social".

Btw, I wouldn't consider AL a major mmo, I assume the active player base is small today and this option wouldn't improve the game or bring new players to the game. In opinion, it would make people less likely to play as they could assume a person will just be on dnd and go on end to avoid talking to people. That doesn't seem impossible right? At least the way it is now you can have some sort of communication even if its one sided. Sometimes people just need to relay a msg to others or drop by to say hi.

How would you feel if you found out a friend of yours who was your friend for a long time logged on just to say hi to you or something( maybe that's the only reason to log on for them) . wouldn't you feel some way if you didn't get that messege because you didn't want to hurt others feelings by not being able to instantly messege another back?

Its also very handy to see messeges that are important even if its only 1/20 you get.

scarysmerf
06-06-2018, 10:44 AM

Most of us play for about two hours at a time and when I'm done running elites or maus I just hop offline no time to reply to multiple PMS.

Motherless_Child
06-06-2018, 10:58 AM

Actually not a bad "thought"..................

I hate nothing more than being interrupted while running maps and those PMs come in.... I'm like, "hummmmmm, didn't this individual see that i'm in a map when selected my name from the friends list"........

I had a similar "thought" for when briefly AFK.... It would be good to have an auto response so when you are "AFK" people PMing you can know that........

I can also see it as an overall "social enhancer"........................... *Laughs Out Loud*.......................:beguiled:

Just a "thought"......

Azerothraven
06-06-2018, 11:04 AM
Happiness has been linked to social interaction. JS.

I would like to see some citations here and no, Wikipedia doesn’t count as references .

Spheresome
06-06-2018, 11:36 AM

Scammers can put you on ignore, it's not entirely different

PsychoNuke
06-06-2018, 11:48 AM
Yeah things sound good on paper but this system would be abused and a lot would just go on dnd as either an excuse or to be "anti social".

Btw, I wouldn't consider AL a major mmo, I assume the active player base is small today and this option wouldn't improve the game or bring new players to the game. In opinion, it would make people less likely to play as they could assume a person will just be on dnd and go on end to avoid talking to people. That doesn't seem impossible right? At least the way it is now you can have some sort of communication even if its one sided. Sometimes people just need to relay a msg to others or drop by to say hi.

How would you feel if you found out a friend of yours who was your friend for a long time logged on just to say hi to you or something( maybe that's the only reason to log on for them) . wouldn't you feel some way if you didn't get that messege because you didn't want to hurt others feelings by not being able to instantly messege another back?

Its also very handy to see messeges that are important even if its only 1/20 you get.

Being social or antisocial is a personal choice. But that should not even be a debate here as playing mmo has nothing to do with being social - two different things.

We are just asking the option to be available to the user. It can be toggled on when you want privacy and toggled off when you like to interact with others.

Having the option wouldn't hurt. At the end of the day its upto you to use it or not. If you are suppose to be ignored then you will be ignored irrespective of the option being present or not.

If your logic was applied to today's social media then there will be no privacy. Ever wondered why there are different lock option in the house settings in AL? Why there is Reject party/friends/trade option made available? Its all part of privacy.

Xxkayakxx
06-06-2018, 11:55 AM
I like the idea.
+1

PostNoob
06-06-2018, 12:11 PM
Mod or dev comment please? I can feel tensions rising a bit and I'm guessing some of us would appreciate a referee about now :).

Azerothraven
06-06-2018, 12:43 PM
Having the option wouldn't hurt.

I think you didn’t read, understand or underestimate the negative effects this will have on the community.

Azerothraven
06-06-2018, 12:47 PM
Scammers can put you on ignore, it's not entirely different

Yes but I can ask all my friends to message him and try get item back and I doubt he will block all 50-200 actives players out of 2500 people I have as friends.

Is someone tries pm then it won’t matter with “turn of pm”how many people try to get to his/her scammer conscious.

Avaree
06-06-2018, 12:59 PM
I think you didn’t read, understand or underestimate the negative effects this will have on the community.

I think this could be very beneficial to turn of private messages, especially after pvp.

Not many success stories in AL where a scammer was guilted in to giving back items.

Susanne
06-06-2018, 01:02 PM
Sorry I started this. I honestly didn't think asking for a private message option would cause so much controversy. I just wanted it because I didn't wish to hurt anyone's feelings if I found myself in a position where I was unable to reply to all private messages. I can't see how it would be detrimental to the game in any aspect. I never meant for this thread to cause people to argue..that was not my intention, quite the reverse. I would be grateful if a dev would step in and close it as it is not serving any useful purpose now and I'm feeling rather unhappy. Thankyou to all those who gave positive and constructive feedback. 🙂

Azerothraven
06-06-2018, 01:14 PM
I think this could be very beneficial to turn of private messages, especially after pvp.

Not many success stories in AL where a scammer was guilted in to giving back items.
No but it gives hope which is a powerful thing in AL.

Sorry I started this. I honestly didn't think asking for a private message option would cause so much controversy. I just wanted it because I didn't wish to hurt anyone's feelings if I found myself in a position where I was unable to reply to all private messages. I can't see how it would be detrimental to the game in any aspect. I never meant for this thread to cause people to argue..that was not my intention, quite the reverse. I would be grateful if a dev would step in and close it as it is not serving any useful purpose now and I'm feeling rather unhappy. Thankyou to all those who gave positive and constructive feedback. ��

We are all just having a fun discussion. It is an interesting and important feature and we need to look thoroughly before considering it for implementation or not. This is what a forum is for after all.

P.S.
It is not right to ask to close the thread because it no longer align with your interest since this feature would affect everyone in AL.

Avaree
06-06-2018, 01:15 PM
Being social or antisocial is a personal choice. But that should not even be a debate here as playing mmo has nothing to do with being social - two different things.

We are just asking the option to be available to the user. It can be toggled on when you want privacy and toggled off when you like to interact with others.

Having the option wouldn't hurt. At the end of the day its upto you to use it or not. If you are suppose to be ignored then you will be ignored irrespective of the option being present or not.

If your logic was applied to today's social media then there will be no privacy. Ever wondered why there are different lock option in the house settings in AL? Why there is Reject party/friends/trade option made available? Its all part of privacy.

Well said (:

Java
06-06-2018, 01:23 PM
A "Hide" feature was used in another mmo I use to play. You just appear offline. If friends send you a message it still shows and they then know you are using the hide feature. It would be just a mild deterrent.

An "afk" or "busy" feature with a customizable message is another thing I've seen used in mmo's. This allows you to customize a response to private messages. It stays active til disabled. It was quite a nice feature.

It's not anti-social..and we can't forego quality of life upgrades because "scammers" might abuse the feature. If all decisions in games were based on whether or not scammers would exploit it...we wouldn't have much of a game left.

Fyrce
06-06-2018, 01:25 PM
People who think everything is about them are not likely to remain my friends. Anyone who gets mad at me knows I get mad back. I don't remember the last time a friend was mad at me though. It's the internets. I would like to believe intelligent people know messages get lost and/or delayed, people get sleepy, etc etc etc. Unless you are sitting right next to them...

Susanne
06-06-2018, 02:12 PM
No but it gives hope which is a powerful thing in AL.

We are all just having a fun discussion. It is an interesting and important feature and we need to look thoroughly before considering it for implementation or not. This is what a forum is for after all.

P.S.
It is not right to ask to close the thread because it no longer align with your interest since this feature would affect everyone in AL.
Well as long as you're having "fun" that's ok. I don't feel so bad now. I'll take off and leave you to it..I still think it's a good idea so I'll agree to disagree with your argument against it. It costs nothing to be polite. ☺️

Dtrigueros
06-06-2018, 02:29 PM
It’s a G A M E. Devs don’t need to be worrying about these kind of “quality of life improvements.” If you get scammed, well then that’s your fault, just like it would be in real life. If you don’t reply to your “friends” when they send you a pm because you’re “busy” and they get mad at you for that, then that’s their fault. Why are they so sensitive? Why do you even care that they got mad? Are they that needy? Are you their parent who needs to attend to their needs 24/7? I’m pretty sure not. Thumbs down to this and everyone arguing about this topic. No need for a DnD, this isn’t a text messaging app, it’s a game.

Java
06-06-2018, 02:37 PM
Don't know why everyone has to be so rude about this topic. If you don't like the idea. -1 and move along...no reason to make it so personal.

Suentous PO
06-06-2018, 11:14 PM
Don't know why everyone has to be so rude about this topic. If you don't like the idea. -1 and move along...no reason to make it so personal.

I disagree and thus will punch your cutest family member, unless it's a doge- I like doges.

I like dagz

PsychoNuke
06-07-2018, 09:05 AM

Why speculate and have unnecessary debate?
We all are part of the same community that you speak of. Everyone is entitled to their opinion same as you are, hence you don't have to generalize your comments shielding community. Just speak for yourself.

We get it, you dont want this feature, as Java said just -1 and move on, no need to quote others to prove your point.

Devs are better equipped and experienced to understand the drawbacks of a feature. Lets leave it to them to decide if it can be implemented or not.

Tippertwo
06-07-2018, 09:09 AM
this isn’t a text messaging app, it’s a game.
It is for me :)

PsychoNuke
06-07-2018, 09:09 AM

Its alright they are just "young grasshoppers" ;). They will learn sooner or later.

Azerothraven
06-07-2018, 07:04 PM
Why speculate and have unnecessary debate?
We all are part of the same community that you speak of. Everyone is entitled to their opinion same as you are, hence you don't have to generalize your comments shielding community. Just speak for yourself.

We get it, you dont want this feature, as Java said just -1 and move on, no need to quote others to prove your point.

Devs are better equipped and experienced to understand the drawbacks of a feature. Lets leave it to them to decide if it can be implemented or not.

Ironic how you are telling me not to quote others and don’t -1 like java suggested. Instead, you need to quote me and this is the same reason I can’t -1 and move on. Java and I are good friends but she is wrong to say -1 and move on as it does not provide any insights into why this should not be implemented.

P.s good job, this comment of yours did 0% contribution to the topic!

PsychoNuke
06-07-2018, 09:26 PM
Ironic how you are telling me not to quote others and don’t -1 like java suggested. Instead, you need to quote me and this is the same reason I can’t -1 and move on. Java and I are good friends but she is wrong to say -1 and move on as it does not provide any insights into why this should not be implemented.

P.s good job, this comment of yours did 0% contribution to the topic!

You are just repeating the same rant, like that adds any value to the discussion.
Anyway, never mind. I can only reason with a person who is intellectually capable of understanding it. Hence I ll conclude and move on, as you certainly can not.

PS: Feel free to continue to quote me, but do not expect further response.

Azerothraven
06-07-2018, 09:57 PM
I can only reason with a person who is intellectually capable of understanding it. Hence I ll conclude and move on, as you certainly can not.

PS: Feel free to continue to quote me, but do not expect further response.

Meh... you say this all the time to anyone who has opposing views to you.

This feature would be extremely helpful for me because I get pms all the time and I can't always keep up but I think it will 100% more damaging to AL community than helpful which is why I am against it. I personally have nothing to lose from this feature but the overall community (especially new players) does which is why I am against it. I speak for myself and the people I know in AL.

I am speculating because that is what any logical person does before implementing a feature including devs. They are not gonna implement a feature without being aware of what it can and could do to the community. I am pretty sure this feature would get abused extensively. If it is implemented you will see. Quote me.

P.s. I have a good feeling this feature wont get implemented so I will move on.

Tippertwo
06-07-2018, 10:26 PM
P.s. I have a good feeling this feature wont get implemented so I will move on.
A lot of the features we suggest aren't implemented lol. But after thinking this over, I think you are right. I would love to have this. However, I can see people blocking me with this system and using it as a way to ignore me without deleting me from their friends' list, and vice versa. Also, truth be told I would honestly forget that I had this option turned on in settings :3

Susanne
06-08-2018, 09:20 AM
A lot of the features we suggest aren't implemented lol. But after thinking this over, I think you are right. I would love to have this. However, I can see people blocking me with this system and using it as a way to ignore me without deleting me from their friends' list, and vice versa. Also, truth be told I would honestly forget that I had this option turned on in settings :3

Hi there Tipper. I didn't mean that individual players would be stopped from messaging. All players would be affected by one tap of the option. Then, when the maps, crafting etc. are done, the option to receive messages would be switched back on. I did say in my original post that I expected opposition to this idea but I am surprised at the hostility towards it by some players. It may have been thought of already, someone pointed it out after this thread that it could be implemented after they viewed what the expansion changes are. I think most players would only use it when necessary, I certainly would only use it whilst playing a difficult map or if I was busy..for instance.. no-one really likes to be disturbed whilst doing a respec. I'm too chatty to keep it on for long and I think that goes for most people. One of the main reasons I enjoy this game is for the social side. Take care. 🙂

Avaree
06-08-2018, 09:53 AM
Hi there Tipper. I didn't mean that individual players would be stopped from messaging. All players would be affected by one tap of the option. Then, when the maps, crafting etc. are done, the option to receive messages would be switched back on. I did say in my original post that I expected opposition to this idea but I am surprised at the hostility towards it by some players. It may have been thought of already, someone pointed it out after this thread that it could be implemented after they viewed what the expansion changes are. I think most players would only use it when necessary, I certainly would only use it whilst playing a difficult map or if I was busy..for instance.. no-one really likes to be disturbed whilst doing a respec. I'm too chatty to keep it on for long and I think that goes for most people. One of the main reasons I enjoy this game is for the social side. Take care. ��

I would use it when I wanted 110% focus on game with zero interruptions .

Susanne
06-08-2018, 10:49 AM

Hi there Avaree. That's what I meant but I guess I was long winded with my explanation. 🙂

Nohealth
06-08-2018, 11:10 AM
Hi there Avaree. That's what I meant but I guess I was long winded with my explanation. [emoji846]Exactly. Tho some people can create drama everywhere and already are telling how it would be good feature for scammers only... Got scammed, blame yourself. Thread closed.

I hope devs will consider this idea. It's really good and it should be available since we can also mute GC chat and ain't nobody has problem with that.

Tippertwo
06-08-2018, 03:24 PM
Actually, PLEASE PUT THIS IN THE GAME XD. There are times where I want to go to my house and just do nothing and relax a bit. Can’t really do that when I’m getting bombarded 24/7 to help my guildies who only want my help bc it goes faster :3. Don’t get me wrong; I love helping others, but there comes a point when everyone needs a break.

PsychoNuke
06-08-2018, 09:26 PM
Exactly. Tho some people can create drama everywhere and already are telling how it would be good feature for scammers only... Got scammed, blame yourself. Thread closed.

I hope devs will consider this idea. It's really good and it should be available since we can also mute GC chat and ain't nobody has problem with that.

:)
Most of the features and good comments gets ignored by Devs because of the people who create drama and get the thread locked.
Looking at this thread, it feels like they do it intentionally; taking ownership of the community (generalizing their own opinion and putting it on all), picking fights and taunting everyone to evolve drama, making good comments disappear between rants. I mean no one got time to read all those posts.

The way I see it: total of 20 members of the community posted in this thread - 4 out of them disagree for the feature and 1 is ranting about it.
Well, all we can do is stop feeding the troll. Keep the thread to the point and short.

I ll conclude with another quote that I say all the time: "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

@Tipper: Now you know why most of the features don't get implemented :)

Continental
06-08-2018, 09:41 PM
:)
Most of the features and good comments gets ignored by Devs because of the people who create drama and get the thread locked.
Looking at this thread, it feels like they do it intentionally; taking ownership of the community (generalizing their own opinion and putting it on all), picking fights and taunting everyone to evolve drama, making good comments disappear between rants. I mean no one got time to read all those posts.

The way I see it: total of 20 members of the community posted in this thread - 4 out of them disagree for the feature and 1 is ranting about it.
Well, all we can do is stop feeding the troll. Keep the thread to the point and short.

I ll conclude with another quote that I say all the time: "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

@Tipper: Now you know why most of the features don't get implemented :)
I read pretty much everything on forum and
I am neutral on this topic but

I dont think that is the reason why features are not implemented if this was the case KM3 would be back like 6/8 months ago when a majority of the community wanted it back and threads would appear on it like every month. I think when sts sees something they like or dont like they look into it further so I would not assume that. ( I dont know the process).

But 20 members, now being 21, I dont think this is a good amount of opinions to judge whether a feature should come or not even if all of them are +1 or -1. A lot of people in AL dont come to forum as you know already and most of us here in forum are like hardcore fans so our arguments are one sided. Either way, we all want the best for AL so let's not pick on others for difference in opinions.

PsychoNuke
06-08-2018, 11:04 PM
I read pretty much everything on forum and
I am neutral on this topic but

I dont think that is the reason why features are not implemented if this was the case KM3 would be back like 6/8 months ago when a majority of the community wanted it back and threads would appear on it like every month. I think when sts sees something they like or dont like they look into it further so I would not assume that. ( I dont know the process).

But 20 members, now being 21, I dont think this is a good amount of opinions to judge whether a feature should come or not even if all of them are +1 or -1. A lot of people in AL dont come to forum as you know already and most of us here in forum are like hardcore fans so our arguments are one sided. Either way, we all want the best for AL so let's not pick on others for difference in opinions.

I guess you misunderstand my post. To elaborate: I wasn't implying that devs make decision based on the count of +/-1 (polls are forbidden on forums anyway). What I meant was repetitive rants and quoting others to prove one's point is useless, increasing the count of such posts only shadows the constructive feedbacks. Devs have made this clear many times, for example:

Mind that my post was big but he chose to quote a specific para out of it.

The fact of the matter is people who are on forums plays a very big role (I mean to the extent that goblin event lb reward was created by forum members), but they do not speak for the rest of the players in the game who are not on forums. No one should take ownership of the community and put their own opinion as community's opinion. We should not speculate what players who are not here think about something, we should only put our opinion forward.

PS: I will make this post my last on this thread. Because I believe if people continue to quote me after this post then either they don't understand my perspective or they are trying to get some fight out of me, and I shall skip that to enjoy my weekend :). Good day all.

PostNoob
06-09-2018, 12:01 AM
I'm pretty sure people make up their own minds, the devs are people. Things are being brought up, and I'm guessing they strip it down right away to make an objective decision. No few people have an ability to control what is implemneted in this game just cause their points make sense at some degree or level.this is all opinion ofc but hard to deny it makes sense.

Tippertwo
06-09-2018, 07:14 AM
I don’t understand why we can’t just lay differing opinions and drama aside :/ but hey, if we continue the devs will lock this thread. That also means they’ll read it :D

Azerothraven
06-09-2018, 07:46 AM
I guess you misunderstand my post. To elaborate: I wasn't implying that devs make decision based on the count of +/-1 (polls are forbidden on forums anyway). What I meant was repetitive rants and quoting others to prove one's point is useless, increasing the count of such posts only shadows the constructive feedbacks. Devs have made this clear many times, for example:

Mind that my post was big but he chose to quote a specific para out of it.

The fact of the matter is people who are on forums plays a very big role (I mean to the extent that goblin event lb reward was created by forum members), but they do not speak for the rest of the players in the game who are not on forums. No one should take ownership of the community and put their own opinion as community's opinion. We should not speculate what players who are not here think about something, we should only put our opinion forward.

PS: I will make this post my last on this thread. Because I believe if people continue to quote me after this post then either they don't understand my perspective or they are trying to get some fight out of me, and I shall skip that to enjoy my weekend :). Good day all.
Oh I finally see your point.

I will try and keep my opinions to be more specific to me and not speculate or assume the community what’s what I want. I was just biased toward my own point haha but I guess that just human nature.

My apologies!

Flamesofanger
06-09-2018, 09:10 AM
The drama burns intensely.
OOF