PDA

View Full Version : Music! =D

Interim7
07-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Not sure if this breaks any rules or not, but I thought I'd share a little something with my beloved Pocket Legends community -- a little track I wrote over the past few days for a friend's space shooter... a project we've been collaborating on.

I'm showing you this why? Because, you know, you're such honest, open people! Of course I respect your respective opinions and opinionations.

Deadly Inquisition (http://music.sutros.com/songs/6655/Deadly_Inquisition.mp3)

Do enjoy -- and leave a comment. I need some cold, hard feedback.

BeardedBear
07-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Pretty rad, bro.

ratava
07-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Like it.

1:15-1-50 was the best bit IMO.
2:20-2:40 was very cool as well.

Not a musician but can be opinionated about music, at times ; )
Guess the images should affect how you take to the music and what the player is doing??
The music in the iPhone game Warpgate is good (see YouTube) if u r researchng?

Edit: If you have time Child Of Eden E3 vid is cool music as well, v impressive stuff.

Interim7
07-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Yeah, cool -- thanks! I'll look those up. I'm not really a musician myself, despite my best efforts to be... I'm more of a 'struggling high school music student'. Oh well.

Just checked out the CoE trailer... I agree -- quite impressive. The trailer looked pretty awesome, too. I'll have to keep an eye on that one.

jonboy
07-09-2010, 09:05 PM
nice builds and melodies, what DAW are you using? in a few weeks I'll have gotten my Roland Ediroll PCR-300, which should help greatly over the little midi
keyboard I have atm.

Interim7
07-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Hah, I'm using an Edirol PCR-500 keyboard, which came with a copy of Project5 LE... that's what I'm using. I find it easy enough. I'm saving for a MacBook and a copy of Logic, though.

EDIT: I'm also using a synthesizer called "Audjoo Helix". I highly recommend it -- very flexible, very smooth and best of all, it sounds great. You can't really hear what it can do in this one, 'cause I was trying to go all simplistic and retro. =P

jonboy
07-09-2010, 09:10 PM
how do you find the PCR-500, I'm using Reaper as my DAW, plus about 9 apps on my iphone, for stuff you think of on the fly, or a noise I might want as a sample.

Interim7
07-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Hah -- I'll take a guess and say Noise.io is one of those apps? Love that program.

If you've bought the PCR-300, you should be getting a free copy of Project5 LE with it, depending on where you've bought it from. Of course, you'll probably want something better than Project5... it's fairly simplistic.

jonboy
07-09-2010, 09:20 PM
hrmm, I'll have to check out noise.io. I've listed the music apps I have in the other thread about recommended apps.

Interim7
07-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Hah, ok. So did I -- check those out. =P